Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Aki:
http://i.imgur.com/dEbxzty.png

Well nothing in life is easy. Dat swimsuit and resolution.
Stark700Dec 4, 2013 10:06 AM
Dec 4, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
Summer where he's alive and winter where he's walking dead are all a dream... she got youmu from him and it absorbed her instead.

The reason behind the tale of whole anime, begins with when she first summoned with mission to kill him. The meeting was not coincident after all. It was all that lady's plan later for her to kill him no matter what because of her unable to kill him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2013
Got confused there at the beginning of the episode, but it was explained through out.
Dec 4, 2013 10:33 AM
Nov 2012
So, this anime is just going to ignore Mitsuki from now on? Looking back, it's been like this for several episodes.
Won't drop since we're so advanced, but so disappointed with the focus on heroines.
Dec 4, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
So Izumi and her have been plotting the entire time to kill him. I imagine Izumi did it all for the greater good or whatever, but I still want someone to kick her ass.

Mirai saves him by taking the youma into her own body. Next week he will try to save Mirai somehow from looks of preview.
Dec 4, 2013 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
so now his human form is back...? And the youmu is inside the frozen state...?

after white, we have black world next.

So Aki is gonna save her. Hmm, is Aki gonna die eventually?
Dec 4, 2013 10:45 AM
Nov 2011
Akihito and his youmu power are the only reason I watch this anime. If they pull this stupid trend of main characters losing their power near the ending, I will drop this anime with the force of a thousand suns.
Dec 4, 2013 10:52 AM
Sep 2013
`I cant Believe that She Sacrifice herself`

`Damn.. !!!!

`So What Now..!!

` whats gonna Happen i cant Wait....
Dec 4, 2013 10:56 AM

May 2013
Damn! wow, this show has gotten sooo much better since those 2 filler episodes ended. But I am still a bit confused from all the time skipping this episode. So, right now its the fall it seems, the events of last episode were in what season? and what was up with all that winter stuff?
Dec 4, 2013 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
Wow! What an Amazing twist!

I totally see Mirai in a new light now. She knew everything from the very beginning and was ordered to kill him even before she met him. That explains most of the plot holes I was worrying about. Nice writing right there.

I'm guessing black glasses Mirai is the Mirai that has been consumed by Kyoukai no Kanata? So she's still alive and will probably be saved by Aki at the end.

Well, all in all really nice story telling this ep. Bravo.

Oh and Dat Mitsuki Mizugi! Dat Body *A* <3
Dec 4, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
Nice twist episode and I liked how it started to explain some things. Still want to know exactly how Kyoukai no Kanata got into Akihito in the first place, though.
Dec 4, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2012
I didn't really get it... That youmu Kyoukai no kanata is inside Akihito? So Akihito isn't Kyoukai no kanata right???
Dec 4, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2011
Haha , what an amazing twist. I am a little bit confused with the ending of the episode though. So

Dec 4, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
Did not see this coming. Damn...from the very beginning its been planned to kill him.
Dec 4, 2013 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
That was actually a pretty good episode, nice surprise and I think KyoAni handled it well.
Dec 4, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2013
I'm so happy Akkey is alive.
Dec 4, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
That was a very well executed plot twist, did not see it coming at all.

Explains why previous episodes, Kuriyama seemed closer to Izumi and was following her orders on a whim.

Also the direction of the episode reminded me of the Memento in a way, events scrambled and arranged.

Nice use of the seasons to indicate the movement of time. The change between "black" and "red" glasses of Kuriyama to indicate the "world" the story takes place in.

UnbornMVs said:
Haha , what an amazing twist. I am a little bit confused with the ending of the episode though. So

I think I'm spot on but only next week will tell for sure.
DKNer0Dec 4, 2013 12:00 PM
Dec 4, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
I'm pretty happy that Akkey got to live but seeing Mirai "currently" dead is fuyukai desu. Nah , I'm guessing that she's in the Kyokai no Kanata , trying to defeat it as in the preview - " That must be the core of the Kyokai no Kanata. ". Next week , Akkey is going to the KnK dimension to save Mirai ? I'm looking forward to it. Anyway , pretty good damn plot twist , 5/5.

no kiss ajnfhnahfnajmafk ;_____;

niaxato said:
So Izumi and her have been plotting the entire time to kill him. I imagine Izumi did it all for the greater good or whatever, but I still want someone to kick her ass.

Lmao , sincerely I would bang her.

Barion-Zara said:

I'm guessing black glasses Mirai is the Mirai that has been consumed by Kyoukai no Kanata? So she's still alive and will probably be saved by Aki at the end.

Didn't realize that owo Thanks for bringing it up.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 4, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2008
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
I get that the 1st one was a dream due to Mirai's blood remaining in Akihito.
The 2nd one showed that Akihito's death was set up from the beginning by Izumi.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.
The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 4, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
This episode cleared up some of my confusion, but then gave me more to be confused about with all these dream worlds.
Regardless, I really liked how they explained everything up to this point. Definitely got me interested in this show again.
I can't wait to see how the series turns out in these last three episodes.
Dec 4, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Probably that's the Kyokai no Kanata dimension , whereas we see Mirai there with a soulless Akihito.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 4, 2013 12:16 PM
Apr 2010
I
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
I get that the 1st one was a dream due to Mirai's blood remaining in Akihito.
The 2nd one showed that Akihito's death was set up from the beginning by Izumi.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.

Sent with Mal Updater

I reckon it's as dreadknightnero said, the scenes in winter are inside kyoukai no kanata where mirai is still alive, hunting for the youmu that was inside akihito ... sort of how she was inside the hollow shadow a few episodes earlier i think.

anyway, interesting episode, starting to tie up some loose ends i thnk.
Dec 4, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Such an awesome episode.Kinda confusing at the beggining but everything got explained later.Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 4, 2013 12:45 PM

Dec 2010
Very good episode. Made the beginning part make sense, and Kuriyama just became a lot more understandable and likable.
Dec 4, 2013 12:46 PM
Jul 2012
What an interesting twist. Many things make more sense now. I wonder if Akihito is fully human and no longer immortal. Certainly Mirai isn't dead. I bet the youma and herself are both still alive somewhere inside of him.
Dec 4, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
Dreyar said:
Akihito and his youmu power are the only reason I watch this anime. If they pull this stupid trend of main characters losing their power near the ending, I will drop this anime with the force of a thousand suns.

here here! LOL no seriously you crack me up "with the force of a thousand suns"

I'd do the same thing except i wont actually drop it, need to see it through to the end. Though i will be VERY dissatisfied if it ends like that.

btw...does this mean Aki doesn't have a dad or something? I assumed his mom banged a youmu and voila half-breed child! but now....what's the deal?
Dec 4, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2008
Wow, excellent plot twist. I've to admit that I hated Mirai because of her difficult character, but this episode cleared up my confusion and finally I started to like her. In first episode I was nearly disgusted that she was killing Akihito, just for practise and in last chapter that she was so decided to kill him, while others had to convinced her to not do it. Fortunately all of it was not true.
Like others I'm also confused. I hope they will tell what's going on with that scene with Zombie Akihito during winter. I doubt it was just in dream.
Also is Akihito human now? Or is he still half youmu- half human? I hope he didn't lost his powers. It would be cool if he could use it.
Important question: Nase at the end, while discussing new plan with that old man, said: "Mirai Kuriyama will take the bait. However the society of warriors is bound to come to pursuit the Beyond of Bondary. I swear we will annihilate it before they beat us to it. "
So... that beyond of bondary is still 'alive', right? Is it that half youmu part of Akihito? So he is human now, right? That's why he slept for so long? Now they will have to kill it? I wonder how. I hope not by killing Mirai, because it wouldn't have a sense.

Only thing, which is a definitely a plot hole to me is that glassess guy. I hoped that it was explanation why he failed so easily to capture Akihito. Seriously I expected better plan from him, than just show by himself to get him ;/
Dec 4, 2013 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
Secrets

Dec 4, 2013 1:12 PM
Jun 2012
so does anybody else hate nase izumi or is it just me. i kind of hope akihito will get kuriyama back and then kill izumi. but lets see what happens next week.
Dec 4, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Darkmaya said:
Wow, excellent plot twist. I've to admit that I hated Mirai because of her difficult character, but this episode cleared up my confusion and finally I started to like her. In first episode I was nearly disgusted that she was killing Akihito, just for practise and in last chapter that she was so decided to kill him, while others had to convinced her to not do it. Fortunately all of it was not true.
Like others I'm also confused. I hope they will tell what's going on with that scene with Zombie Akihito during winter. I doubt it was just in dream.
Also is Akihito human now? Or is he still half youmu- half human? I hope he didn't lost his powers. It would be cool if he could use it.
Important question: Nase at the end, while discussing new plan with that old man, said: "Mirai Kuriyama will take the bait. However the society of warriors is bound to come to pursuit the Beyond of Bondary. I swear we will annihilate it before they beat us to it. "
So... that beyond of bondary is still 'alive', right? Is it that half youmu part of Akihito? So he is human now, right? That's why he slept for so long? Now they will have to kill it? I wonder how. I hope not by killing Mirai, because it wouldn't have a sense.

Only thing, which is a definitely a plot hole to me is that glassess guy. I hoped that it was explanation why he failed so easily to capture Akihito. Seriously I expected better plan from him, than just show by himself to get him ;/

Plot twist: Mirai defeats Beyond the Boundary and the little rock/gem thing appears. Real battle begins between Nase family and the society.
Dec 4, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
IDK about the rest of you, but i was so moved by this episode... the use of symbolism was crazy too me. I don't know exactly where this show is headed but it makes me so excited! a week of waiting is so long! this show and kill la kill are the ONLY shows worth my time this season.
Dec 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Well, this was boring. Can't believe it took whole episode to show that Kuriyama was planning to kill him from the start and then fell for him. I thought this was obvious in the previous episode, but oh well..
Dec 4, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Epic episode. This plot twist is crazy. Was confused at first then they explain what was going on. Learn about Mirai. Must say now I think she pretty bad ass now. Then got confused with the white world thing. So Mirai is still alive inside beyond the boundary. Walking around with a zombie Akihito. I don't know what to think any more. Thought Izumi was cool. She turned out to be a bitch. Thought Akihito to be dead. He's not. Anyway this episode got me seeing this anime in a whole new light. Can't wait for next week.
Dec 4, 2013 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
This episodes was confusing the next ep should clear things up as to what is really going on.
Dec 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Jul 2010
Well ... I won't say that I expected it but, I expected it.
Dec 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
I'm relieved that the plot is finally falling into place! Finally this show becomes interesting once more. Excited to see the resolution and finale soon.
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Dec 4, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
I thought that Mirai gave the "young wife" feel in the first quarter of this episode.

Izumi and Mirai planned to kill Akihito since the beginning. Cause he's kinda like a weapon of mass destruction.

So everything that happened in Summer in this episode is a dream.
We are currently in Autumn.
Winter is what is happening inside the Kyoukai no Kanata.
Dec 4, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
i got confused too much in the beginning but after that i saw what happened clearly , poor Mirai =(
Dec 4, 2013 2:24 PM
May 2013
That was NOT unpleasant! I was quite surprised they explained most things so thoroughly, any case of "side-casting the plot" or "lack of explanations" faded away with this ep (I say "most" because it seems Izumi made up some aspect of the whole "use your blood to separate them and he'll be ok" part, she's almost as sly as Miroku)

Also, did anyone else notice Hiroomi was sunburned due to staring at bikini Mitsuki under the sun for too long? XD.
Dec 4, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2013
He's going to go save her, it's obvious.
Dec 4, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
This entire episode was absolutely heartbreaking! It was an amazing episode though :)
Dec 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
Wowwow I'm thoroughly impressed. This show really has picked up. A lot of things that didn't make sense at all about Mirai's character before make sense now.

When Akkey was still unconscious, and he was listening to Mitsuki, and the harsh words he told her, I realized that it wasn't actually possible for Mitsuki to be inside his head; so I was thinking, were all those harsh words that Mitsuki said to him what he actually thinks about himself? Because wow in that case it that hurts.
Dec 4, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
NOOOO, why Mirai, why. The plot of the show is in this episode, and it is so sad. She sacrificed herself to save Akkey, but Akkey would never have wanted that. =((

So her mission from the start, was to kill Akkey. But she met him, and loves him too much to want to kill him. So when Izumi Nase told her about how she might be able to sacrifice herself for him, she does. And The summer and winter was just a dream.

Akhito better find her!
Got so much information about the whole plot in just one episode.
This show just went up in my rankings.
Dec 4, 2013 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
This anime tearing my heart.
Very perfect episode.
:(
Dec 4, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Woah, that explained a lot of the points I had thought were bullshit before.
Now if only they tell what the hell were those scenes in winter...
Dec 4, 2013 4:11 PM

Dec 2009
This episode alone has brought my opinion up +2 to 6/10. Really like how Izumi was involved since the very beginning. I hope the last 3 episodes will be as good as this one
Dec 4, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2013
Kumagawa said:
This episode alone has brought my opinion up +2 to 6/10. Really like how Izumi was involved since the very beginning. I hope the last 3 episodes will be as good as this one
Agreed with everything even the score. I really want to like this anime more but I can't bring myself to care for Mirai. I am glad that she is a deeper character than she was portrayed as though.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Dec 4, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
There was always something missing in this show, and now we get to know what was it.
Great episode, can't wait to see next one.

Give us more Hiromi and Mitsuki tho.
Dec 4, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
So sad! Mirai! No! I was mad at the end of episode 9 because I thought she killed Akhito, but this might be even worse..
Dec 4, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2013
OKAY, it seems like there are people who are still confused with this episode..

SO HERE ARE THE EXPLANATIONS :) so please read if you're still confused!

-contain spoilers lol-

THE SCENE IN THE SUMMER is Aki's dream, due to Mirai's blood still remaining in his body.

THE SCENE WHERE AKI WAKES UP without MIRAI is the real world in the present time, with the glasses that Mirai had left.

now, THE WINTER PART where lot of people seems to be confused about, is THE WORLD INSIDE KYOUKAI NO KANATA in the present time.

It's the world created by that youmu like what happened during the fight with the hollow shadow youmu.

MIRAI is IN the kyoukai no kanata. So i'm assuming that she's not dead YET, just in an another world inside the youmu.
ALSO, because the kyoukai no kanata left Aki, I reckon he did lose his youmu power including fast regeneration..

Overall, i loved this episode.. lot of mysteries solved with an unexpected twist x)
BiglittlemeDec 4, 2013 5:00 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.