Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 18, 2013 4:49 AM

Jan 2012
Oh, how everything is done from the heart.
Shōjo-ai fanservice is very good, Aoi is so cute, action scenes are awesome and the music during them is great. Also grandpa is a clever guy, 'cause he is an expert in henshins. :D
Jan 18, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2011
I didn't know it was possible to have so much pedoservice in a single episode.

This show has way too high of a budget.

+ Akemi Homura poser.
Jan 18, 2013 5:07 AM
Sep 2010
Too bad docking wasn't scissoring. Would have been even more hilariously good/awful.
Jan 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Dec 2008
Looks like a better fan service striker witches anime with dog days 2 hero transformation except the starred eyes.
Jan 18, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
well, with that director, it was a fanservice anime somewhat similar to strike witches from the get go.

(I wonder how people would react if I bought a potato salad and complained about the potatoes in it)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 18, 2013 5:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Transformation kinda reminded me of panty&stocking xD.. but yeah so far anime seems to be quite interesting. Fanservice is always welcome if its used right, in this case i dont really mind fanservice.

But yeah storywise really feels like strike witches..

Well lets see how it will go
Jan 18, 2013 5:47 AM

Mar 2011
Oh my gosh this is just wonderfully stupid.

I know what this reminds me of? Symphogear. You know that point where suddenly you loved the show because it was so earnest yet so terrible. I think it's a bit like that here, but right from the get go.

I mean, the two girls COMBINED. Then when the battle was over exhaust came from their breasts! I'm totally sold on this lovable show.
Jan 18, 2013 6:05 AM

Sep 2012
DOCKING OPERATION !!!!!!!!!!
Jan 18, 2013 6:39 AM

Jun 2010
I think it's safe to drop this. Strike Witches was better lol.
Jan 18, 2013 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty good episode imo.
Jan 18, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2008
winter_mint said:
and I didn't know which sub group was it, but it literally says "Naked Rang" and "Naked Impact"... that's just sound so wrong. Any idea on what's the correct translation?? ><

Didn't the girls say those names in Engrish? Didn't you hear it?
They are what they are.
Jan 18, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2012
omg dat docking got style,really nice character design imo.
That " I hate actually hate tomatoes" was really off, there could have been a better reason for not being able to dock imo, well nvm 3/5
Jan 18, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
SylakentH_ said:
omg dat docking got style,really nice character design imo.

Agree :3

Anyway, ok so far I guess... not the best anime I've seen, but it's not bad either
Jan 18, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2011
lol wtf is this
too much yuri and loli for my tastes
and why are alle the attacks named "NAKED" anything
but it was quite amusing
only the part about their docking made me kind of angry...they can't dock because of (silence) tomatoes
seems legit, seeing hundreds of people dying in the background for such a ridiculous reason
but well...as I said it's amusing and entertaining, will continue for now
Jan 18, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2011
Rofl so much yuri stuff in this anime holy shit..

Also "Naked" rang seems to be the official meaning as Evetaku and Commie both have same thing.
Jan 18, 2013 8:07 AM
Apr 2007
InfiniteRyvius said:

I know what this reminds me of? Symphogear. You know that point where suddenly you loved the show because it was so earnest yet so terrible. I think it's a bit like that here, but right from the get go.

Yes! Was thinking this the entire time!

The thing that bothered me was the fact that they're all like, "Oh yay, we're magical!" while people are dying around them lol. Jets being shot down, then explosions taking out ships. The huge explosion that took out the fleet was all because she didn't like damn tomatoes!

And on the whole, "naked" translations. That's literally what they say, in English.

ZenErik said:
Too bad docking wasn't scissoring. Would have been even more hilariously good/awful.

I lol'd so hard. Then came.
Jan 18, 2013 8:10 AM
Jan 2010
I want Homuhomu to shoot an arrow at me
I want to dock with Aoi and Akane
I want to fight tomboy with sticks
Jan 18, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
You know, I don't not like the show but I don't like it either, yet I still find myself ecstatic while watching it. I wonder what will happen next! :D
Jan 18, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
I love this show so much. EP2 charged Vividred just on Strike Witches level, for me.
Jan 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
I did not know you are immature to handle it so you dropped. It's too bad, it would have been excellent series to fill your mind with and accept what might be stupid is in fact stress relieving. Guess not for you.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 18, 2013 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
When they transformed there breast got so hot they where smoking now that's what i call a sexy transformation.
Was funny to see Aoi apologising to the crew of the flight carrier after she stopped that F-35 Lightning from crashing into it there reactions where nice.
Seeing how the girls where able to keep up with those F-35's was also nice tells you something about the speed they where flying with.

Aoi being worried over the tomato was also a funny thing and it didn't even matter to Akane.
The final scene seemed like the where being conscripted by the defence force.
Jan 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Dec 2010
Episode 2:

You can't deny this.
Jan 18, 2013 11:37 AM

Oct 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:

I know what this reminds me of? Symphogear. You know that point where suddenly you loved the show because it was so earnest yet so terrible. I think it's a bit like that here, but right from the get go
So I'm not the only one...
advantage of Symphogear is (I think but I might be wrong) that it was so clumsy unintentionally. Someone just decided that rabbit monsters and singing in heat of battle was a good idea... and it just went from there. And all of this made it adorable.

this hoewer is doing it intentionaly - it was designed to be silly, lighthearted and unrealistic... and now it just goes with it.
Still I was expecting this and it's fine by me.
Jan 18, 2013 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
PhantomEX said:
Episode 2:

You can't deny this.

LOL beat me to it.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 18, 2013 11:51 AM

Oct 2011
Damn!!! They combined then turned into a hot babe, along with armor looking just like Infinite stratos!! WTH!!
So, if docking with the Aoi girl → Vividblue, so there will be vividyellow, green,... Then how can it be vividred, transform by yourself?? or combine all the girls???
Anyway, a fun episode.
Signature
Jan 18, 2013 11:51 AM

Oct 2008
Is just me or did i just hear T.K. from AngelBeats on that carrier saying "Oh my God".

Jan 18, 2013 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
Haha....welll now.

I think I'll file this series into the "guilty pleasure" category for now.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 18, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
I did not know you are immature to handle it so you dropped. It's too bad, it would have been excellent series to fill your mind with and accept what might be stupid is in fact stress relieving. Guess not for you.
Excellent series to fill your mind with the asses of lolis.

Maybe it's stress-relieving if you're fapping to it.

So yeah. I guess it's not for me. ;)
Jan 18, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2011
CrimsonLight said:
Shoujo Ai + Fusion + "We've become one" = Fuck yes.

My thoughts exactly lol
Jan 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
Oh hi KOS-MOS..........oh wait its not her......
Well that was cheesy and gay xD. Hopefully i'll get better since i laughed the whole episode.
Jan 18, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
rederoin said:
This is getting really gay, just how I liked it. It also had some nice action scenes.

same here.
at first i wasn't sure if maybe it's a bit too much fanservice, but it was just really cute, so i liked it.

but besides that i would really like to see a show where the characters are surprised about their outfits and where they don't know how to deal with their new weapons.
i think sailor moon is the only show where i have ever seen that. i watched it a long time ago, so i'm quite sure about it, but didn't luna tell bunny how to use everything and what to say when she wants to use a specific attack? well, i would like to see that more often.
Jan 18, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

I see you're not mature enough to understand and accept what's going on. According to the site, the show is 13+ but it seems you haven't quite reached that level of maturity.

Also, stop confusing reality with fiction. loli=/=pedo unless you also believe GTA=Murder Simulator.
Jan 18, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

Yeah fapping or taking as comedy, NOT ALL PEOPLE FAP just telling you. Some can take it as comedy and all together I always though of lust as one big joke humanity joke of needs and I certainly reprogrammed myself to avert that need with other means than FAP so if you can't do either then I am sorry but this series was a good start and I am truly regretting your loss of time instead of investing it in making yourself more tolerant towards such series.

This series due to its intensity in service is hilarious to me and you can't deny the setup being pretty cool.

In saying that good luck with other animes.
SquadmemberRitsu said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

I see you're not mature enough to understand and accept what's going on. According to the site, the show is 13+ but it seems you haven't quite reached that level of maturity.

Also, stop confusing reality with fiction. loli=/=pedo unless you also believe GTA=Murder Simulator.
THANK YOU! Pedo = real kids. Real sex with them.

ONLY USA is changing all this shit of pedo that now all pedo = to fiction and real shit. YEAH RIGHT! F THAT! It's not, plain and simple. No one got hurt in making it and no one ever will less you yourself act on your impulses to hurt a kid.

As far as I am concerned with this series there is no real kid involved. All is fictional.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 18, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
Dalek-baka said:
KublaiKhan said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

Yes! Was thinking this the entire time!

The thing that bothered me was the fact that they're all like, "Oh yay, we're magical!" while people are dying around them lol. Jets being shot down, then explosions taking out ships. The huge explosion that took out the fleet was all because she didn't like damn tomatoes!

And on the whole, "naked" translations. That's literally what they say, in English.

So I'm not the only one...
advantage of Symphogear is (I think but I might be wrong) that it was so clumsy unintentionally. Someone just decided that rabbit monsters and singing in heat of battle was a good idea... and it just went from there. And all of this made it adorable.

this hoewer is doing it intentionaly - it was designed to be silly, lighthearted and unrealistic... and now it just goes with it.
Still I was expecting this and it's fine by me.

The ideas were reused except now the quality and animation is top-tier so far, it's a great anime to watch so I agree with you all XD It was nostalgic to see the "becoming one to become more powerful" move again too. Enjoyed this episode thoroughly
Jan 18, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2012
I got nostalgic vibes similar to Ground Defence Mao-chan.
Jan 18, 2013 4:36 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

Yeah fapping or taking as comedy, NOT ALL PEOPLE FAP just telling you. Some can take it as comedy and all together I always though of lust as one big joke humanity joke of needs and I certainly reprogrammed myself to avert that need with other means than FAP so if you can't do either then I am sorry but this series was a good start and I am truly regretting your loss of time instead of investing it in making yourself more tolerant towards such series.

This series due to its intensity in service is hilarious to me and you can't deny the setup being pretty cool.

In saying that good luck with other animes.
SquadmemberRitsu said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

THANK YOU! Pedo = real kids. Real sex with them.

ONLY USA is changing all this shit of pedo that now all pedo = to fiction and real shit. YEAH RIGHT! F THAT! It's not, plain and simple. No one got hurt in making it and no one ever will less you yourself act on your impulses to hurt a kid.

As far as I am concerned with this series there is no real kid involved. All is fictional.

Since I already fapped to Akane (Thank you based hentai artists), I have to agree with these two pedophiles lolicons now.
Jan 18, 2013 4:49 PM
Oct 2012
Idk what I just watched... But I think I like it.
Jan 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
those little girls t-turned into..one big one....i am very confused

this is one of my comedies of the week!,but honestly this show has way to high of a budget for the amount of ass shots it has in it.
Jan 18, 2013 4:55 PM

May 2012
Love this show sooooo much!
I'm glad it's an original work as well, so no need to worry about spoilers or anything!

I almost wonder if this is going to be linked to Strike Witches in some way though? Of course there are zero Witches, so it'd be pretty odd to have that happen.

Well, hopefully this show continues being amazing, and we can get multiple seasons out of it like Strike Witches!
Jan 18, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2011
Wow! At first I was a bit skeptical, but this is amazing!
People who rate it down just because of fanservice are pathetic. Or they are gay, that would be okay though, because we are all tolerant.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 18, 2013 6:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
those little girls t-turned into..one big one....i am very confused

this is one of my comedies of the week!
If I squint and think of it as a comedy...maybe...

Think tomatoes.
CratexJan 18, 2013 6:45 PM
Jan 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2011
gotta say, this is .......................... pure shite
Jan 18, 2013 7:49 PM
Aug 2011
nelsonbrabra said:
gotta say, this is .......................... pure shite

Ever hear of the saying, its so bad, its good.

It was mentioned previously, how so many lives were lost because of TOMATOES, them ravishing in the joy of their new powers while jets are being shot down like flies, the hilarious comments and actions made by the soldiers etc.

Shite is fuckin' gud.
Jan 18, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2009

I don't even know whether I should laugh or cry because of how ridiculous this show is...

I mean, come on... Naked Rang?! Naked Impact?! Docking Kiss?!!!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!

This show is just... sooooo gay, a bit too much even for me, and I stomached and actually enjoyed Strike Witches. And can actually keep a straight face when watching SW... (outside of both season's episode 7)

I mean... Come on girls, you girls are giggling and chatting in the air about your powers while ships are being sunk, blown up, and planes being shot down...

A bunch of ship blown up, because one of them secretly dislike tomato... Seriously... Tomato... There's at least several hundred casualties over A FUCKING FRUIT!

And here I am expecting a Strike Witches level of story... (And that is not asking for too much)

This Vividred Operation make Strike Witches look like a genuine masterpiece in comparison... I am really having trouble taking this show seriously.
AirStylesJan 18, 2013 8:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2013 8:33 PM
May 2009
Tavor said:
Haha....welll now.

I think I'll file this series into the "guilty pleasure" category for now.

Exactly what I'm going to do
Jan 18, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
Aoi-chan is so cute. Akane-chan is cute too, but I like Aoi-chan more.
Jan 18, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was gay, in more ways then one. Its like the whole freaking show concept is begging for yuri doujins. I honestly don't like the yuri vibes at all, but the action is barely keeping me from dropping it. If it wasn't basically a a mahou shoujo or had a male lead it would actually be a pretty cool show, I really like the style of the action and "armor"
AirStyles said:

I don't even know whether I should laugh or cry because of how ridiculous this show is...

I mean, come on... Naked Rang?! Naked Impact?! Docking Kiss?!!!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!

This show is just... sooooo gay, a bit too much even for me, and I stomached and actually enjoyed Strike Witches. And can actually keep a straight face when watching SW... (outside of both season's episode 7)

I mean... Come on girls, you girls are giggling and chatting in the air about your powers while ships are being sunk, blown up, and planes being shot down...

A bunch of ship blown up, because one of them secretly dislike tomato... Seriously... Tomato... There's at least several hundred casualties over A FUCKING FRUIT!

And here I am expecting a Strike Witches level of story... (And that is not asking for too much)

This Vividred Operation make Strike Witches look like a genuine masterpiece in comparison... I am really having trouble taking this show seriously.

thank you for saving me the effort of typing all this out.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
AirStyles said:

Dropped, give me more Strikes Witches, Nanoha, Madoka, or Girls & Panzer instead.

Can't help it, there's a huge feeling of disconnection with this show. Somehow, you got loli's that obtain super powers out of thin air (ok I'll give them that one) and instantly know how to fight and use all their weapons & abilities (total bull).

Then they act like they're in a separate universe; smiling and giggling while death and destruction rain all around them. In other magical girl shows, they at least try to display some sort of emotion when things go wrong like anger, sadness, fear... etc. Oh no, not our loli's, let's smile & giggle some more while we praise each other's op powers. After that, let's do some mighty morphing via docking together...aka Petit Roid. Ok, that crossed the line.
AllnighterJan 18, 2013 10:14 PM
Jan 18, 2013 10:20 PM

May 2011
Well I don't think its meant to be taken seriously (I mean REALLY?!) Its just a fun show overall, but I guess I can see why some people would drop it, I guess some others like their shows to be abit more realistic
Jan 18, 2013 11:14 PM
Jan 2008
Good enough to replace Nanoha seeing how nanoha turned to some 30 year old woman now
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.