Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Some parts of this episode reminds me of a platform game.

Mister Watson is an interesting character though, especially wiith how he behaves with others. Seems Berry and the others ran into some trouble but Mister Watson played an important role to help them.

Aug 14, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 14, 2022 8:40 AM

Jan 2020
Ha-ha-ha-ha-- peacock sex. Hank has quite the laugh.

Tonkotsu Ramen is really good, but what the heck is "Blue Haiwaii" Ramen? A quick Google search shows that "Blue Haiwaii Ramune" is a popular soda in Japan, I wonder if that is what they were referencing? Mixing the soda into the broth? That seems like a waste of good ramen though. @_@

Genocide through ramen? Well, whatever works I guess?

They sure do kill off a lot of side characters in this show. Analytica deserved better.

I get the feeling Hack having some of his data stolen is going to be more ominous than they're letting on. Inb4 Anti-Hack appears.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2022
This is actually my favourite episode of the bunch, as we finally got to see more of what Watson, the objectively best character in this entire anime, can do. Mr. Watson got the opportunity to show off, while also finally getting to taste ramen from the rumored ramen stand, the existence of which was doubtful, to say the least.
Aug 14, 2022 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
Seriously this episode make me want to eat ramen and it's in a middle of the night and I already ate my dinner but now I'm hungry again, I can't sleep with growling stomach like this!

The disadvantage of growing outside English-speaking countries is that I don't get to read Mark Twain's novel in my class as a part of curriculum. And now I'm just too lazy to read any novel.
Aug 14, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
There's no new case for the Yurei Detective Club, but a mystery to solve to find this illusive mystery cart of the legendary "Blue Hawaii" ramen. At least for Mr. Kitty Cat Watson who's on the case that's known only by word-of-mouth, Watson's list of rumours sure piques interest, but then again, rumours are just rumours, that only Berry is interested herself to help Watson.

Hearing from Berry's "friends of friends" while Watson strikes out on its own, this mystery ramen cart rumour only leads to a dead end...except for Watson who's able to find a lead that presumably does feel like they're heading somewhere, and after many a harsh paths, reached the mystery ramen cart which turned out to be true.

The ramen shop's AI owner Analytica whose original purpose in urban development to help aid in building Mark Twain, that instead built its own shop, it's as the rumours say: "the best things are left unsaid and found out themselves". With the AI thoroughly watching its ramen development gaining traction from rumours made from humans, it speaks so much of our preconception to either believe or ignore the rumours,, which to Berry, has been an interest of fun.

Too bad that this is also part of the Zero Phenomenon, which Watson decides to face it head-on while both Berry and Hack fight off its offenses, which the former's cat nature helps to navigate getting out of there. Sadly, other than Hack getting part of his data stolen, Analytica failed to exist because of Phantom Zero, and the rumour died along with it.

Watson's definitely more than meets the eye, and AI works in versatile ways to create a diverse world.
Aug 14, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2021
Great episode!
Ramen! Them guys sure were complimenting it.
Berry wants to hunt down the mystery ramen cart... but only her and Watson are interested. Berry meets an pld man who has apparently had the ramen and his response is Mark Twain? They eventually find the AI owner of the ramen cart and get to eat it...
They love it!
The AI's name is Analytica. He created Mark Twain (not sure who this is they keep referring to)
But the zero phenomenon appears again!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 14, 2022 9:26 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 14, 2022 10:20 AM

Jun 2021
Looks like this is a (mostly) Berry and Watson episode! Might have to pop out later for some late night ramen after all that ramen talk lol. I got a craving like Hack haha. Despite all the rumors, looks like Watson had better luck than Berry in tracking a lead. But who knew that map actually led to a ramen spot!

Watson has got to be one of the most mysterious characters in the series. Is the big fella a robot? Human? Part robot? I have no idea. I mean we know the big fella collects rumors and can apparently print stuff from their mouth and use their eyes like flashlights. I did like Hack treating Watson like an actual cat with that cat toy and the chin scratch was hilarious.

This ramen AI Analytica is pretty interesting. I like this whole thing about investigating the system why people believe in rumors. But I guess what Berry said makes sense. It can be fun looking into these kinds of rumors. The minute Analytica said he made “Mark Twain”, Phantom Zero appeared. Second time the words “Mark Twain” have been mentioned. That surprisingly strong old guy mentioned it too. What’s up with that I wonder. Watson running like an actual cat was pretty funny. Did not expect the big fella to actually act catlike lol.

Hack tried to get data from Phantom Zero, but they got Hack’s data instead. Seems bad. That mysterious feather from the start of the ep seems to be linked to Phantom Zero, but I wonder how. Also, interesting the ramen bowl had that peacock logo. More mysteries for next week I guess.
Aug 14, 2022 3:39 PM

Feb 2019
Actually craving ramen now. One of the better episodes but still can’t help but feel disappointed with how this show turned out.
Aug 14, 2022 4:44 PM

Feb 2016
Great episode. This show is a wild ride. I don't know where it will take me, but it sure is fun, except for Analytica's demise. Who knew Watson had so many talents?
Aug 14, 2022 5:45 PM
May 2020
Mark Twain lets go!
Aug 14, 2022 6:58 PM

Oct 2018
Slow work day, huh?
As an episode focusing on Watson, my interest for the first half was driven less by the development of the Mystery Of This One Ramen Spot, and more by how likely the anime appeared at any given point to reveal info about the silent guy in the fullbody costume. I find it relatable how Hack's motivation to re-enter the story was seeing Watson do some weird new thing.
Aug 14, 2022 7:04 PM

Feb 2011
Hack is a super annoying character to me.

Still looking forward to finding out what the phantom zero is, and happy to see that it's back again.
Sad we couldnt see the hawaiian blue ramen L o L

Aug 14, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2014
Well, given the last few seconds, everything may indeed be related to the "Mark Twain" City in the sky
Aug 14, 2022 9:54 PM

Mar 2020
One of the better episodes of the show so far, and seeing as this is a Science SARU and Yuasa is the “original creator” of this, I was thinking if the ramen cart would have some connection to Neko Ramen (you’ll know what I’m talking about if you’ve watched Yuasa’s works), but nope, it’s just a ramen cart. I want ramen now kinda.
Aug 14, 2022 10:00 PM
Mar 2015
Quite a trip for the mystery ramen cart
Aug 15, 2022 2:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Looking for a rumored ramen cart reminds me of that phantom ramen episode in Space Dandy, haha.

This was the most interesting episode so far for me. Analytica was a cool character, sad that it was destroyed :( Very interesting that Analytica made Mark Twain, unfortunately the knowledge that Analytica had is now lost. Finn seems to know something, or is interested by this information. And mysteriously, Watson has a data chip that looks just like the one Analytica had? Looking forward to what else this show has to reveal!
Aug 16, 2022 4:49 AM

Mar 2008
What the heck now I really want ramen. Im hungry T_T

What is Watson exactly? I originally thought just a guy in a mascot costume but now I see it’s more advanced a suit if not outright an AI robot himself.

I would have loved to do some urban exploring like that....err minus the tight spaces

Analytica seemed pretty cool. Liked the demeanor. Too bad that AI got killed off.

@commonxreaction
@Scootboi
Apparently there is a restaurant in Japan called Kipposhi that serves a blue ramen that became popularly shared images of it online. From the themes in this show I bet it’s based on that as well as possibly the Blue Hawaii flavour of Ramune.

traedAug 16, 2022 5:14 AM
Aug 16, 2022 8:39 AM

Jan 2020
traed said:
@commonxreaction
@Scootboi
Apparently there is a restaurant in Japan called Kipposhi that serves a blue ramen that became popularly shared images of it online. From the themes in this show I bet it’s based on that as well as possibly the Blue Hawaii flavour of Ramune.

Yeah, it looks like they ruined the ramen. Maybe it tastes really good, but that almost dyed bright blue looks really unappetizing. Presumably it'd be like a "blue raspberry" flavor too right? I'm not big on sweet things, so I dunno. I dunno mang.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 16, 2022 12:31 PM

Feb 2011
@traed that looks incredible UNF

Aug 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2021
Frankly that looks like they ran out of miso and only had dish soap handy.
Aug 17, 2022 4:19 PM

Mar 2008
commonxreaction said:

Yeah, it looks like they ruined the ramen. Maybe it tastes really good, but that almost dyed bright blue looks really unappetizing. Presumably it'd be like a "blue raspberry" flavor too right? I'm not big on sweet things, so I dunno. I dunno mang.

No from descriptions of it's taste it's likely a variation of shoyu ramen I think. It is chicken with hints of soy sauce and dashi one description i saw said the clear chicken blue ramen tastes like. The blue isn't chemical food dye it's a secret but something natural is all they will say. My assumption is for it to remain clear it can't be algae so that only really leaves a flower called butterfly pea used to colour it as a likely candidate assuming the Ph isnt too base or acidic which would alter the colour because butterfly pea is a natural Ph indicator.
Aug 17, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2016
Great now I want ramen
Aug 19, 2022 4:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
For once the rumors are true especially when it's about a mysterious ramen shop, too bad it had to end that way, but it makes me curious about that Mark Twain since Finn seems to know him
Aug 30, 2022 5:32 AM

Jun 2014
there is no bad anime with a ramen episode
Sep 25, 2022 1:05 AM

Feb 2021
It's really fun and exciting when you found the truth about the rumor itself :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 26, 2022 3:35 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
A little more than halfway through and I gotta say it's been a nice ride so far. I like how it's kinda slice-of-life-ish but still has something to figure out. I'm also a bit of a sucker for the art style. I also like how Berry and Hack have been getting along. I dunno, I like this good ol' underground group thing. It's fun!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

» This screams hidden gem of the season ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jun 6, 2022

68 by Marinate1016 »»
Sep 27, 2023 12:17 PM

» Pilot film question

Myani2016 - Dec 25, 2022

0 by Myani2016 »»
Dec 25, 2022 7:42 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

38 by bastek66 »»
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM

» Song Information Regarding to Teaser video

Ancerise - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Ancerise »»
Dec 10, 2022 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yurei Deco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2022

86 by Swiggy »»
Sep 25, 2022 4:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.