Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pirikappi is such a weird name a for a God lol

Interesting to see Emi got possessed with Jirou and the others trying to stop her. Too bad for the Winter events though. I was expecting ski competition but instead got a forest of people lol. Still really good episode imo, I like how Jirou got into the conflict with a bit of drama while Amato attempted his epic jump. It's like he was flying~
Apr 22, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2009
Jiro is really starting to get annoying.
Apr 22, 2016 7:37 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I want Jirou to crush the Beareu so badly after this lol

Still, that final scene with the cool nice guy and the God was beautfiul
Apr 22, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
"Ghost get sick from airplane too?". LOL
So the problem is that "cloud". A flower that grow from a lightning strike sounds too "Divine" for me. Until Emi get possessed by a goddess, no doubt it is "Divine"- related problem.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 22, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
Some of these tracks are just lovely.

Sweet reference to the winter Olympics at Sapporo. This episode had me thinking about how doping (in this case being modified to the extent of a superhuman) is something most athletes result to in order to win.
Apr 22, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
So fittingly after the episode which revealed Rainbow Knight's superhumanity was in his achievements and ideals rather than being superhuman, we focus on a very human athlete who, after being looked down upon by superhumans, in the end ends up surpassing what majority of Bureau thought was impossible for a human.

There are a lot of interesting messages here

First of all, the relation between the culture of Old japan that focused on traditions and modern post-war japan that started to focus on business and technology back then, which is kind of obvious - forgotten gods with their traditions feeling left out by humanity making new rituals and traditions of their own, like Olympics. Its especially fitting since Olympic games originally WAS a ritual to honor god Zeus(which coincidentally is represented by lightning).
Then we have the idea of nationalism and the idea of a country trampling their own traditions and past in order to achieve a sense of nationalistic pride from holding the olympic games and winning in them. Its only fitting and ironic that the country's own past would be something who ends up reminding them of itself and standing in the way.

Second point is urbanisation and modern culture trampling over forests and forgetting nature's will - its kind of fitting for to get it during Earth Day close or during the Earth Day.

Which leads to the third and most important theme - something that also continues from last week - the sense of personal ideal versus the pressure of society. Just like Aki last week, the human athlete was pressured into "fitting in" into the stereotype required of him, yet he refused to do something he was unsure of. I guess in a way you can see the pressure of sports community and how it leads to doping in the worst cases.

Of course as said in the beginning of my post all of those elements are used to showcase one completely normal human surpassing expectations set for him and reinforcing last week's narrative of Rainbow Knight. It continues to explore and show that what makes a hero is not the power they hold but the capability to strive above what is expected of you and selflessly putting your own life at risk for the sake of others. The three superhuman athletes are shown to be prideful and feeling above normal humanity, yet in the end it took a human with a will to perform above expectation to solve the situation. In the end one person's sportsmanship and belief in what he is doing, triumphed over not only superpowered individuals, but even gods.
Apr 22, 2016 10:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ski jumping in anime, that's just awesome. Loved this episode, showed how much a human can do.
Apr 22, 2016 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Emi got possessed by a goddess!

The final scene about the ski jumping was beautiful!
Apr 22, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2011
komic said:
Jiro is really starting to get annoying.
Annoying how? Honestly, I just watch this series to see how things play out with Jiro. Ever since season 1. So in a sense you can say I watch this only to see Jiro's story.

Can you imagine a episode and they didn't show Jiro in it? What a disappointment that episode would be.
Apr 22, 2016 1:15 PM
Apr 2016
Seeing how that train villain has military faction suit, I guess he is one from them who went rogue. Looks beautiful, though slow.
Re:formed
Apr 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2016
Well, thematically it was a really good episode, but the quality of the animation dropped a bit since last week. I'm just wondering when will Jiro (and his fraction WITH rebooted Earth-chan) and the Bureau openly wage war against each other. These skirmishes don't really seem so serious, and Jiro always runs from the scene as soon as the problem at hand is solved.
Apr 22, 2016 2:45 PM

Feb 2016
Fai said:
So fittingly after the episode which revealed Rainbow Knight's superhumanity was in his achievements and ideals rather than being superhuman, we focus on a very human athlete who, after being looked down upon by superhumans, in the end ends up surpassing what majority of Bureau thought was impossible for a human.

There are a lot of interesting messages here

First of all, the relation between the culture of Old japan that focused on traditions and modern post-war japan that started to focus on business and technology back then, which is kind of obvious - forgotten gods with their traditions feeling left out by humanity making new rituals and traditions of their own, like Olympics. Its especially fitting since Olympic games originally WAS a ritual to honor god Zeus(which coincidentally is represented by lightning).
Then we have the idea of nationalism and the idea of a country trampling their own traditions and past in order to achieve a sense of nationalistic pride from holding the olympic games and winning in them. Its only fitting and ironic that the country's own past would be something who ends up reminding them of itself and standing in the way.

Second point is urbanisation and modern culture trampling over forests and forgetting nature's will - its kind of fitting for to get it during Earth Day close or during the Earth Day.

Which leads to the third and most important theme - something that also continues from last week - the sense of personal ideal versus the pressure of society. Just like Aki last week, the human athlete was pressured into "fitting in" into the stereotype required of him, yet he refused to do something he was unsure of. I guess in a way you can see the pressure of sports community and how it leads to doping in the worst cases.

Of course as said in the beginning of my post all of those elements are used to showcase one completely normal human surpassing expectations set for him and reinforcing last week's narrative of Rainbow Knight. It continues to explore and show that what makes a hero is not the power they hold but the capability to strive above what is expected of you and selflessly putting your own life at risk for the sake of others. The three superhuman athletes are shown to be prideful and feeling above normal humanity, yet in the end it took a human with a will to perform above expectation to solve the situation. In the end one person's sportsmanship and belief in what he is doing, triumphed over not only superpowered individuals, but even gods.

Nice catch on the thematic continouosness of the story, I didn't think about it while watching the episode, but after reading your thoughts, it really does make sense. (And it is really just a plus that they aired this ep on Earth-day)
Apr 22, 2016 3:00 PM

Oct 2014
I love Emy, I much prefer her with Jiro too Kikko's weird little crush/obsession
Apr 22, 2016 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
Kikko was drawn bustier than usual this week in her magic girl outfit. Maybe they're indicating that she has "grown up" a bit since she first joined the bureau...
Apr 22, 2016 8:44 PM

Nov 2008
FaolinsEye said:
Well, thematically it was a really good episode, but the quality of the animation dropped a bit since last week. I'm just wondering when will Jiro (and his fraction WITH rebooted Earth-chan) and the Bureau openly wage war against each other. These skirmishes don't really seem so serious, and Jiro always runs from the scene as soon as the problem at hand is solved.

Two reasons why Jiro is trying not to openly fight the Bureau:

1 - He grew up with people there, particularly Emi. She is sort of a big sister/semi-mother figure for him. He wants to convince them to join his side, not defeat them.

2 - Jiro realizes the overwhelming destructiveness of his power and he really doesn't want to use it full out. But if he openly takes on the Bureau he will have to use all of that power, and on his friends.
Apr 22, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2015
dbaranyi said:
Kikko was drawn bustier than usual this week in her magic girl outfit. Maybe they're indicating that she has "grown up" a bit since she first joined the bureau...

Yeah, she's been bustier this season in general, in comparison to her in season 1.
Apr 22, 2016 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
dbaranyi said:
FaolinsEye said:

1 - He grew up with people there, particularly Emi. She is sort of a big sister/semi-mother figure for him. He wants to convince them to join his side, not defeat them.

2 - Jiro realizes the overwhelming destructiveness of his power and he really doesn't want to use it full out. But if he openly takes on the Bureau he will have to use all of that power, and on his friends.

Not to mention that openly fighting them would actually affect the public opinion and give more power to propaganda against superhumans. So he can only act behind the scenes and interfere in matters he sees fit.
Apr 23, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2016
Fai said:
dbaranyi said:

Not to mention that openly fighting them would actually affect the public opinion and give more power to propaganda against superhumans. So he can only act behind the scenes and interfere in matters he sees fit.

I understand both of your reasons and I don't have a problem with Jiro not fighting the Bureau openly at this point of the story (which is the January of the 47th of the Shinka era), but sooner or later these not so agressive negotiations won' suffice, if both Jiro and the Bureau insist on their respective ideals. And it won't matter that Jiro has strong connections with the Bureau members (especially with Kikko and Emi), because the ideals these characters fight for are always on a higher plane than their personal affections. For example Jiro fought openly Claude at the Shinjuku riots (despite being childhood friends), exactly for the same reason that I, and in that episode Claude mentioned: "Jiro's words (and partially his ideals) are sweet on the ears, but they are still phantasmagoria. Dreams and ideals that can never be achieved. " The Bureau is corrupt and they are the very embodiment of gray morality, but at least their viewpoints are rooted in the reality, so their way of handling these events are practical (of course sometimes the consequences are also tangible in a horrible way, like the genocide against that insect species in ep02 ). In my point of view the direct collision of the diffferent fractions are inevitable, but unfortunately (or fortunately ) it is highly probable that we won't see it till the end of the story (which is such a pity because that means that we won't see Earth-chan, the sole protector of the purest (albeit impractical) ideals too, for a time being)
Apr 23, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2015
Admittedly, one of the less intriguing episodes much like the musician one.
Apr 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Nov 2008
Soooo boring....
Apr 24, 2016 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
Hey, at leas this week's episode just reaffirmed what a piece of shit Jaguar is. As if his original beef with Jirou, and all of his time traveling personalities all being dicks weren't a big enough indicator. Hoping when the fights between factions break out for real that he gets absolutely fucked. He literally doesn't even bring a legitimate argument to the table against Jirou...because he has none.

Jirou: "turning a blind eye? how Bureau-like. only using superhumans to help the country?"

Jaguar "GP comes first. The nations dignity is at stake. Ditch your childish ideals".

Jirou: "you don't even try to understand".

Literally makes Jaguar look like the biggest asshole.

Here-Hear said:
dbaranyi said:

Yeah, she's been bustier this season in general, in comparison to her in season 1.

Fuck yea. Nothing to complain about there.
Apr 25, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa Pripika

They forgot her OMG
Apr 25, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
i found it VERY ironic that Kikko said "This is god's blessing" even tho she is a demon/evil princess...

really good episode overall. still random as usual imo but at least i know the situation between Jiro and the others. Flower were blooming from people's head was pretty stupid imo but kinda funny XD and the god looked pretty and kind imo :D

looking foward for the next episode. i think demon will appear in the next episode because he said "God is ugly, Demons are beautiful" in the PV, so i assume it's gonna be a demon.
Apr 26, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Well, this episode was okay - I can see how it relates to the themes of this show but I didn't see much of development in this, felt more like a filler episode imo :D
Apr 27, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
Tevens said:

looking foward for the next episode. i think demon will appear in the next episode because he said "God is ugly, Demons are beautiful" in the PV, so i assume it's gonna be a demon.

Next episode is written by Masaki Tsuji who worked on Astro Boy as well as Devilman, so its a given there would be something that would fit as a homage.
May 6, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
I don't like sports but this episode lead me to check the Sapporo Olympics medals. (of course, the anime was "right")

Stark700 said:
Pirikappi is such a weird name a for a God lol

This deity's name doesn't sound japanese at all, was it indigenous or indigenous-inspired? (I did not find anything on the Internet)

4/5
Rei_IIIMay 6, 2016 12:35 PM
Jun 30, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Woulda been funny if they went ahead with the ski jumps still as flower-heads!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 4, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Dat strike.
Dem flowers.
Ullr appearing out from the oppai.
Jiro appeared.
Emi changed. Emi de wa nai! Kami da!
I'd say Emi got prettier in Kami form, but that's not her real appearance. lol
Dat bullseye.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2023 5:46 AM

Dec 2018
that was a really touching episode, even if the premise is wonky

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

29 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

33 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

57 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

66 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 2:04 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

43 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 3, 2022 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.