Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2017 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, an episode with RPG themes. This show really is trying to pull off all the risks and ideas.

Better episode than some of the others though as I find it more entertaining.
Those outfits looks like how characters from an RPG fantasy world setting would wear.
Stark700Nov 19, 2017 6:07 AM
Nov 19, 2017 6:05 AM
Jul 2017
Good episode and a Lot of echii, that reference of railgun lol .
Nov 19, 2017 6:33 AM

Apr 2010
Kani went out of control again with her fantasies tho it was funny to watch.
Anyway all of them having a female adventurer was funny especially all of them being an imouto.
The powers where familiar as well.
Nov 19, 2017 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know what this anime is trying to achieve after all.
What's with all the table games and no plot in sight after 7 episodes. Sometimes there is drama and nice little touches, like the anime bashing sequences; then there are pointless outings in other prefectures to eat and take baths with grannies and cringeworthy comedy. Not to mention that attempted assault on Chihiro last ep..

At this point I'm just watching it for the girls.
Nov 19, 2017 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
Anathor said:
What's with all the table games and no plot in sight after 7 episodes. Sometimes there is drama and nice little touches, like the anime bashing sequences; then there are pointless outings in other prefectures to eat and take baths with grannies and cringeworthy comedy. Not to mention that attempted assault on Chihiro last ep..

I'm seeing it as some kind of slice of life-ish workplace romantic-ish comedy. It's kinda Lucky Star meets Girlish Number meets Haganai.
Nov 19, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
yup, definitely down the one guy ends with one girl route, i'm surprised i liked the episode tbh since i mostly hate these and from the title of next week's ep i can guess i will probably hate it as well but this episode was indeed enjoyable.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 19, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

The TRPG was fun to watch.
Nayu went full force on Miyako, them 'ecchi' scenes were good. XD

I find it hilarious that Itsuki predicted Haruto's story. xD
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!! He should have totally finished that line. xD

The final scene with Haruto saying, the hard work was still worth something was nice. :)
Haruto x Miyako moving forward?
Nov 19, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
They just re create Touma Misaka and Kuroko at the same time! even random Touka (?) with UBW parody even HxH power up.

Index III HYPE!
ZBlastHistoryNov 19, 2017 8:38 AM
Into the Internet!
Nov 19, 2017 8:32 AM

Sep 2015
Anathor said:
What's with all the table games and no plot in sight after 7 episodes.

There are plenty of anime with no plot whatsoever. Well to begin with there is no rule saying an anime need a plot, especially when this series is an everyday-life rom-com kind of show. Basically you are just watching a few kinky characters interact with each others.
Nov 19, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2015
How nice of Itsuki to cheer up Haruto by playing a TRPG. It was fun to watch. There were some references while they were playing. The powers were familiar. Nayuta powering up Miyako was something to behold. It's pretty amusing Itsuki predicted Haruto's story.
Nov 19, 2017 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
valvravetruth said:
Anathor said:
What's with all the table games and no plot in sight after 7 episodes.

There are plenty of anime with no plot whatsoever. Well to begin with there is no rule saying an anime need a plot, especially when this series is an everyday-life rom-com kind of show. Basically you are just watching a few kinky characters interact with each others.

But the difference is that this anime did show us plot points, that completely forgot over the course of the past few episodes. The rivalry between Itsuki and Haruto, Nayu's past, Miyako's issues in finding something she wants to do, Itsuki making a novel he can be satisfied with (at the level of Nayu).
I really doubt this story can be considered SoL, just because they sometimes forget there is a plot to work with; there aren't even SoL tags, but that's irrelevant.

My problem isn't that this is more SoL than it was advertised as, but that it seems it can't decide what it wants to be.
A 4-koma adaption with random comedy bits (table games), an average romance anime, a possibly very interesting look at LN's authors' lives with added drama. It just seems like a lot of things mixed together, that imo don't mix very well.
Nov 19, 2017 8:56 AM
Aug 2015
Anathor said:

to tell us their everyday life stories, duh

and the plot actually progressing in each episode.
we see more character background story and progression both in their life and work.
this episode even show some spark in haruto's romance interest
Nov 19, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
TRPG ...I was not expecting this much lewdness.... the smallest sister was something else
Nov 19, 2017 9:33 AM

Feb 2007
Itsuki can be a surprisingly good friend when Haruto is feeling down, quite different from his usual complaining. :)

I swear those special abilities sound suspiciously familiar, even Kani notices. :D

That completely deadpan description of lewd in-game actions... :D

Nothing suspicious about that smile looking at their intuition rolls... >_>

Creating tentacles was certainly the most unique way to use this skill anyone could have imagined. Bonus points for that. *nods*
Nov 19, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
I love how this show is about a wacky group of friends, and this episode capitalized on that. Probably my favorite episode of this show. Very funny as usual, with good themes to tie it up nicely (not to give up).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 19, 2017 10:00 AM
Oct 2014
Better plot than most of recent action anime
Nov 19, 2017 10:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
They had no shame with all of the shit that they copied in this episode lol, RailDex, UBW and god knows what else xDD

But man Nayu is a godsend lol, she and Haruto made this so fucking lewd and I loved every bit of it LMFAOOOOOOOO

I'm happy that Haruto managed to pull through this slump though and it's interesting how he's seemingly gonna make a move on Miyako now =o
TokoyaNov 19, 2017 10:04 AM
Nov 19, 2017 10:10 AM
Jul 2017
So many references in this episode: railgun, fate ubw, the oregairu poster, the animation when you encounter an ennemy in a rpg like final fantasy, and probably others that i didn't catch.
Nov 19, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
I'm going to go ahead and say this was on par with the taxes episode with a nice ending. Hopefully Haruto and Miyako hit it off.

Also with the UBW stuff, my guess is that the sexy time power up was a Prisma☆Illya reference.
Nov 19, 2017 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
Itsuki putting together a tprg to cheer up haruto who likes miyako now.
Sister mania.
Nov 19, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
RAILGUN FTW

I freaking love this show, it's so rare where you really like ALL of the characters in an anime but really they are all just darlings

Nov 19, 2017 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
I really need the blu-ray now... Best episode, I like to see their friendship, lots of ecchi, funny moments and epic references, Railgun / Index, Fate and Masou Gakuen Hybrid x Heart (the sexy power up), now I'm looking foward for one romance between Haruto and Miyako, seems a good couple tho.
Nov 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
dash5611 said:

Also with the UBW stuff, my guess is that the sexy time power up was a Prisma☆Illya reference.

Doesn't even need to be Prillya specifically. "Exchange mana through bodily fluids" is a perfectly valid magic ritual in the Nasuverse. Not kidding. It's the most commom justification for the H-scenes in Fate/stay Night and Tsukihime, as well as the make out sessions in Prisma Illya.
Nov 19, 2017 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
Always love these episodes. Now I want to see a CGDTG series.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 19, 2017 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode, the parodies made me laugh. XD
Nov 19, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2010
now I'm looking foward for one romance between Haruto and Miyako, seems a good couple tho.

I doubt that it goes in this direction, Miyako likes Itsuki it is seen.

The anime is not going to advance in a romance where a couple will be MiyakoxHaruto or MiyakoxItsuki, it's just a creation of sub-plot that will not succeed.
Nov 19, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
It's definitely have no plot but it's definitely good slice of life and I enjoy it very much.
They going with adventure sister setting, it was all nice feel and funny and all parody from Index and Fate.
When Itsuki said Unlimited... Ah it's wrong haha and railgun, Touma nullified skills.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 19, 2017 2:24 PM
Jul 2017
Damn, i just want to see Nayuta and Itsuki togheter! Ilove those 2 so much... or actually thinking about it, i love Nayuta so much! Itsuki is kinda meh since he is so cold to the most wonderfull of waifus, Nayuta. If anyone who has read the movels would tell me who he ends up with and if we will see it in the anime i will be super gratefull! Will still enjoy the series tjo, i have spoiled so many good series for myself that i no longe care for them.
Nov 19, 2017 2:27 PM
May 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!! He should have totally finished that line. xD

They actually went out of there way to make sure they didn't finish any catchphrase. Like Chihiro actually started by saying "Sono Gensou", but does not finish by saying "wo Buchikorosu." I really wished they started Railgun or something along those lines.

Other references:
The roper enemy is incredibly similar to the Roper in the Tales of Series http://temple-tales.ru/games/tos/data_design/bestiary/164_Green_Roper.jpg
The sound they played when encountered the Goblins sounds similar to how fights start in older Final Fantasy games.
blissfulyoshiNov 19, 2017 2:37 PM
Nov 19, 2017 3:33 PM

Nov 2014
Another nice scroll.

Funner episode this week.
Nov 19, 2017 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
This wouldn't be Imouto sae without Nayu implementing fanservice into the episode somehow.
Nov 19, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2017
For once,it's nice to have a series that's just enjoyable to watch,with no arcing plots,or such like.And it's certainly the characters that make this series,and especially this episode so much fun.
The humour is spot on,the ecchi-ness is just,oh,perfect for the pace,and the characters progression so far has been worth watching.
For me though,out of all the characters its
Just Nayu :)
Nov 19, 2017 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Dat bomb Haruto dropped in the end! But she loves Hashima, right? To have unsuccessful series and to be rejected, way to go, Haruto. Some episode to look for, the next one.

Anyway, marvellous episode, who would have thought they would be playing tabletop RPG for the whole episode! And there were some hillarious jokes and references at that (Konosuba I see you there)! Firebolt! part made me laughing hard and Nayu's ability was.. well played :D

Still, would do without all that censorship, that tentacle monster scene with all that screen blocking was way too ridiculous at that.
Nov 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Need a spinoff based on this episode.
Nov 19, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2014
I love this show so much.
Nayu's fake protests at being grabbed by the Roper had me rolling. x'D
Nov 19, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2015
Anathor said:
valvravetruth said:

But the difference is that this anime did show us plot points, that completely forgot over the course of the past few episodes. The rivalry between Itsuki and Haruto, Nayu's past, Miyako's issues in finding something she wants to do, Itsuki making a novel he can be satisfied with (at the level of Nayu).
I really doubt this story can be considered SoL, just because they sometimes forget there is a plot to work with; there aren't even SoL tags, but that's irrelevant.

My problem isn't that this is more SoL than it was advertised as, but that it seems it can't decide what it wants to be.
A 4-koma adaption with random comedy bits (table games), an average romance anime, a possibly very interesting look at LN's authors' lives with added drama. It just seems like a lot of things mixed together, that imo don't mix very well.

Exactly, the main problem I have with this episode is that in the previous episode it seems to be setting up to be something where it would focus and develop character relations and their insecurities with a mix of comedy and sol involved. But as for the past episodes, it just seems to be focusing on sol and comedy which I don't mind if they didn't set it up to be different at the start. So far its just mostly comedy and at the end they give us some really sentimental moment. It worked out in the earlier episodes since it gives us something to look forward to but in the later half of the series it just would get stale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
First he creates a character who can produce weapons that he has seen before, then he makes a half way Fate Stay Night reference ;-;
Nov 19, 2017 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
I really liked this episode, Nayu is pure gold but I feel so weird about Haruto liking Miyako, for some reason it creeps me out xD
Nov 19, 2017 11:43 PM
Oct 2017
darn i thought i was watching a sakura dungeon reference with all that ecchi scenes...
Nov 20, 2017 12:12 AM

May 2013
Now I'm starting to wonder if Nayu is really just teasing or bisexual :D
Nov 20, 2017 1:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Censorship was a bit annoying but as a tabletop fan this was a blast to watch :3

References galore too
Nov 20, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2016
This anime could become an anime called 'Gamers' and beat the original anime called Gamers that have nothing to do with games at all..
(well some parts have)

All the games that they have showed at some episodes are pretty interesting imo~
Nov 20, 2017 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
That TRPG was fun. Mixed with Nayu's ecchinnes and we got a dose of laughter. Also a lot of anime references.

Oh my. Haruto having an interest for Miyako? I sorta knew this is coming since the last episode.
Nov 20, 2017 7:04 AM

Nov 2015
UNLIMITED BLADE ja nakute
Nov 20, 2017 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, Mikoto + Kuroko and Touma ^^
Railgun 3 confirmed.
rsc-plNov 20, 2017 10:07 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 20, 2017 1:22 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Guard: You're under arrest for public indecency.
Nayu: Onee-sama and I were just doing filthy things together in public!
Guard: That's what you call public indecency.

kek
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 20, 2017 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
you really can't say Unlimited Blade Works without imitating Junichi Suwabe's sexy engrish
Nov 20, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2017

Wow. One can't help but wonder what will happen to those signs in the BD release.

Nice episode, all in all.
あなたは誰?
Nov 20, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
As somewhat interesting and imaginative these table games are, there's just too many of them in this series. They don't need to take up nearly an entire episode when there are more interesting things happening in the story left on hold.
Nov 21, 2017 2:14 AM
Sep 2015
dash5611 said:
I'm going to go ahead and say this was on par with the taxes episode with a nice ending. Hopefully Haruto and Miyako hit it off.

Oh, I was certain that power up was the Heart Hybrid from Masou Gakuen HxH...
Is Prisma☆Illya something similar?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

167 by Prinzwil »»
May 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

105 by myanimelisy »»
May 17, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.