Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2019 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh that bath scene lol

I see the tension going on there. Definitely quite an entertaining episode with Senko's way of modern thinking. He seems to always put science on his mind when coming up with new ideas again. I mean, hell even a freaking sci-fi ray in one of them. Damn. Even as a kid back then, he had a fascination for science and inventions.
Stark700Jul 26, 2019 7:50 AM
Jul 26, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2017
wtf with this episode, the characters were a bit more annoying than usual.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 26, 2019 7:36 AM

Feb 2018
Ma, Soaking isn't as bad as that especially when you can see Mount Fuji directly. Apart from that all my Sen must think about how to stop Shishio from continuing to pursue him.
Jul 26, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2018
Another great episode! We got a sneak peek at the new character via the smoke signal, and Senkuu and Tsukasa conflict.

Kid Senkuu was a real science boy,glad that we got some of his backstory :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 26, 2019 8:06 AM
Oct 2017
I don't even know why I'm going through this when I know I can't watch it til tomorrow in Australia
Jul 26, 2019 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. We see Tsukasa still chasing Senkuu to prevent him from making gunpowder. He used Yuzuriha as a hostage. Good thing Senkuu wasn't going to abandon science.

Jul 26, 2019 8:20 AM
Dec 2015
this cliffhanger...
Jul 26, 2019 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
I actually think school scene is very good, maybe Dr. Stone will be better if set in school setting? Even though thousands of anime already been there done that? Because I want Senku and Tsukasa become friend
Jul 26, 2019 8:34 AM

Apr 2018
wot!? no way they killed off my boi Dr. Stone like that. If so, I would be greatly disappointed.. =/
Jul 26, 2019 8:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist. I kinda wish Dr Stone had been a seinen series instead honestly; if they just managed to make it feel consistently believable it'd be much easier to swallow. Right now it's mostly just about suspension of disbelief

Not sure what the point is of having a cliffhanger like that either when it is a shounen because we already know there is a 99.99999% chance that Senku would never be killed off just like that lol
Jul 26, 2019 8:39 AM

Sep 2014
Lol that cliffhanger. I wonder what happens and Senkuu survives. Also, RIP Yuzuriha's hair. I truly loved that flashback showing how science became a major part of Senkuu's life. He had an awesome dad as well. He basically turned his son's room into a lab by selling his car. Cannot wait for next week's episode.
Jul 26, 2019 8:53 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn these cliffhangers, but we finally get some backstory on Senkuu. He truly is a man of science.
Jul 26, 2019 9:01 AM
Feb 2018
That cliffhanger
Jul 26, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
*imagine random character spam as my comment*
that would be my reaction the ending of this episode
but no way he'd really die shounen plot armor ploz
Jul 26, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
That moment gave me chills all over again and damn Im loving the osts . They go so well with the scenes. Also Yuzuriha was really brave there.
Jul 26, 2019 9:10 AM
Feb 2018
Big f*cking drama out of nowhere. Just say "I promise", wait for him to leave, produce more gunpowder and annihilate Tsukasa. What is the thing between the Japanese and "promising" ?
Jul 26, 2019 9:14 AM

Apr 2015
Really liked the episode and finally we see that there are more survivors!
That cliffhanger tho, Cant wait for more!
Jul 26, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2019
Nurguburu said:
What the hell are you saying ?
Jul 26, 2019 9:20 AM
Jul 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Big f*cking drama out of nowhere. Just say "I promise", wait for him to leave, produce more gunpowder and annihilate Tsukasa. What is the thing between the Japanese and "promising" ?
What do you mean by that ?
Jul 26, 2019 9:30 AM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist. I kinda wish Dr Stone had been a seinen series instead honestly; if they just managed to make it feel consistently believable it'd be much easier to swallow. Right now it's mostly just about suspension of disbelief

l

its something out of a unrealistic Si-fi show which is what this is .
Mattinator95Jul 26, 2019 9:33 AM
Jul 26, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2011
They did us dirty with that cliffhanger bois
Jul 26, 2019 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
you know it's a shounen when the MC literally cock-blocks himself for no other reason other than to wait for the end/character development arc. Damn Senku and to a lesser extent Tsukasa's backs must be destroyed from carrying this show

Also these coincidences are getting a little too over the top lmao, like how Tsukasa magically knew word for word Senku's plan, or how Taiju somehow realized Yuzuriha and Senku were in danger out of nowhere

HaXXspetten said:

Not sure what the point is of having a cliffhanger like that either when it is a shounen because we already know there is a 99.99999% chance that Senku would never be killed off just like that lol

tbf there are a lot of shounen series' that have a massive potential to be bigger if it was more of a seinen series, F
Jul 26, 2019 9:51 AM
Jan 2017
evyyy said:
*imagine random character spam as my comment*
that would be my reaction the ending of this episode
but no way he'd really die shounen plot armor ploz

You mean... a keyboard smash...?
Jul 26, 2019 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
Hmm .. basically almost nothing happened in this episode. Boring.
Jul 26, 2019 9:53 AM
Jan 2017
Nurguburu said:

Really? I found them less annoying in this episode than usual.
Jul 26, 2019 10:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, looks like this episode is like a make-or-break episode for many. As for me, I’m honestly at the mid-range here.

Didn’t particularly like how Taiju magically found out about Senku’s dire situation or how careless someone of such a calibre of Senku’s would be to let the two wandering around like that for sticks with the looming Tsukasa threat. But, that aside, the bath scene was kind of adorable and Senku’s goofy face with all the materials a treat. Great to have a quick backstory too in the meantime, Senku’s fascinations and admiration of Science is amazing in many ways lol. Seriously though, he freakin’ managed to create a rocket and confirmed the presence of the three dolls with an inventive device which he himself created, now that’s kind of pushing the limits here again. Really curious about that fairy-looking girl lifting up the fires there, iirc she said something about ‘third’ so could it be just her that’s back to life? Pretty tense and gripping cliffhanger to end the episode then, I’m sure Senku somehow survives so looking forward to how that goes!

Making up a lie there about the ingredients and procedure of the miracle liquid was much needed though imo, to the point of even throwing away your pride because this is for the sake of humanity that we’re talking about. But hey, that’s just me maybe.

Looking forward to see how things play out from here onwards!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 26, 2019 10:06 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck now I need to binge the manga

You don't just kill off the main character and expect us to live with a cliffhanger like that for a week. Ok maybe Attack on Titan played it off well in the end but that's not a pain I want to relive
Jul 26, 2019 10:16 AM
Oct 2017
Suspended said:
this cliffhanger...
right???? I might just read the manga enough to see what happens and then wait till nest Friday. I GOT TO KNOW!
Jul 26, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
10000000% he is not dead but I am still curious about how this is. A nice episode, although instead of using the gunpowder to signal others he could have used it against the guy. Also why did he send them away? I mean is the first rule in a crysis situation to stay together. Another version would be to have them close by and prepare an ambush.
Jul 26, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
This is a shounen anime. If you all want realistic science then just read a hard sci-fi novel or a text book.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I think they're doing a good job with the character building. Taiju's decision to wait before giving his confession. Yuzuriha's willingness to sacrifice herself for continued humanity. Most intrigued by Tsukasa's line about if we had met 3700 years ago you could have been my first friend. Hope we get his back story soon.
Jul 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG little Senku is soooo cute and i love the way he was like 'I ain't waiting to grow up, i'm going to space now bitches' haha

I'm so fucking excited for next weeks episode because we get some new characters and they're my favs!
Jul 26, 2019 11:06 AM

Jan 2018
When smart science boy character senku does something pretty stupid for the sake of cliffhanger
Jul 26, 2019 11:09 AM

Feb 2018
It's not much of a cliffhanger when we all know Senku isn't dying in the first five episodes of the series. The only suspense is how he survives.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 26, 2019 11:16 AM
Oct 2018
HaXXspetten said:

Lol nice joke You are talking like senku didn't have abilites to achieve his goal while he studied a lot and his dad turns his room into a lab , ppl who have such abilities could do the same , just stop complaining about nothing
And again nice joke and go cry in another place
Jul 26, 2019 11:18 AM
Oct 2018
Dani9870Capaunen said:
Nurguburu said:
What the hell are you saying ?

Agreed ppl are salty from nothing
Jul 26, 2019 11:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Uchihakira said:
HaXXspetten said:

Lol nice joke You are talking like senku didn't have abilites to achieve his goal while he studied a lot and his dad turns his room into a lab , ppl who have such abilities could do the same , just stop complaining about nothing
Yeah sorry but no. If you give your kid a lab he's not magically going to be able to build a rocket to the moon a year later. People can study astrophyics at PhD level until they're 30 and still not be able to do that lol
Jul 26, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2019
I think that senku won't die but I have my doubts about the other two especially yuzuriha because her character is clearly the type of character that would sacrifice herself for someone(this is purely based on my deductions and doesn't relate to the manga at all).
Jul 26, 2019 11:28 AM
Oct 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Uchihakira said:

Yeah sorry but no. If you give your kid a lab he's not magically going to be able to build a rocket to the moon a year later. People can study astrophyics at PhD level until they're 30 and still not be able to do that lol

But this is a sci-fi show while senku himself is a genius who can't exist but I see it makes sense how he can make it in the sci-fi show with such circumstances and ppl didn't have a lab in thier home while they are still kids so how did you conclude that ?
Just try and see and senku took more than A year to do that
Jul 26, 2019 11:31 AM

Jun 2019
seikanyuuki said:
Hmm .. basically almost nothing happened in this episode. Boring.

You can't be serious LMAO
Jul 26, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2015
Well, of course, Onion-kun is alive. They can't expect us to be all worried and nervous about this cliffhanger, lol.

The flashbacks were cute, but otherwise, quite irritating episode and the characters are kinda unpleasant. I liked the initial idea of reviving civilization but once the conflict and the reason to fight and kill someone appeared it quickly became boring. I know, that's to be expected from battle shounen but still. And these dialogues, we could have been friends, lmao. If they met each other before they'd just keep going on their own paths none the wiser and not caring about even striking a conversation.

And that dialogue in the bath, come on. You've waited long enough to tell her. But yeah, it's not like you have any other reason and long-term purpose to justify you as a character throughout all the following series, huh.
Jul 26, 2019 12:06 PM
Jul 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Well, maybe you shouldn't expect things to not be things that they are not.
This is on goddamn Shonen Jump man, it isn't a seinen story BY DEFINITION.
It uses real world science, yeah, but adapted to a shonen story. And all the characters are over-the-top in a way or another.

He is the guy who fucking kept counting for 3700 years, his friend is a mountain made man and Tsukasa is a human that can punch a lion and kill it one strike.
It's called "suspension of disbelief". Otherwise what would such a story turn out to be? I tell you: people fucking dead because the ecosystem would be hella different and a small group of humans can't be expected to survive in the wilderness for too long between predators, bad hygiene, bacteria everywhere and a lack of tools. Cool, now you have your realistic story ended by chapter 6 about people going to fuck off. Edgy.
Now, what about enjoying a cool shonen story that plays with real-world science?
And as I said it's "play with", as it clearly does.

Again: people should stop thinking about what they think would be cool and focus on what things really are. How can you expect a grim, brooding, seinen and serious story from fucking Shonen Jump?

Point 2: Yeah, he has good fucking reasons to not tell her. It's called "Emotional intelligence". He understands that it would be almost coercion to ask her how she feels about the only human being standing between her survival in such a world and death, he understands about it would be unfair to do so.
HyperversumJul 26, 2019 12:11 PM
Jul 26, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
D_E_A_T_H said:
I think that senku won't die but I have my doubts about the other two especially yuzuriha because her character is clearly the type of character that would sacrifice herself for someone(this is purely based on my deductions and doesn't relate to the manga at all).

With Taiju comming to scene, I hardly doubt it. I mean he is a meat shield, so in order to kill Yuzuriha, Tsukasa has to kill him first.
Jul 26, 2019 12:13 PM
Feb 2009
it was nice we got a little bit of flashback and senkus dad is pretty awesome
Jul 26, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
Way to cock-block yourself, Taiju... You had the perfect moment right there yet for some weird logic you decided to not confess. That's classic shounen anime trope for you, I guess...

Anyways, pretty good episode overall. More entertaining than the previous ones if I must add.

Senkuu's backstory, though unrealistic, was nice to see. Not to mention that it was also nice to know how he met both Taiju and Yuzuriha at that time.
On a side note, seeing his dad selling his car in order to help his son achieve his goals must have been of the sweetest things I have seen recently.

Well, it seems some new characters will be introduced next episode. Not that I'm super excited for next week to come but at least, I'm a bit interested in knowing what that blonde girl from the OP can offer to the plot.
Jul 26, 2019 12:22 PM
Oct 2018
Valeris said:
Uchihakira said:

But this is a sci-fi show while senku himself is a genius who can't exist but I see it makes sense how he can make it in the sci-fi show with such circumstances and ppl didn't have a lab in thier home while they are still kids so how did you conclude that ?
Just try and see and senku took more than A year to do that
The fact that it is a sci-fi does not change the fact that senku cannot and wouldn't be able to do those things as if it were nothing, it doesn't matter is he's a genius or not. The author should have taken it slowly and slowly demonstrating its full potential rather than making a brief flashback showing his creations at age 13 of his age. Yes, we knew he knew a lot of things related to science and all but it's going too fast, impo.

It's fast in the flashback but kinda makes sense and he took many years not a year at least he took 8 years from primary to preparatory and he already show who he develops by time in a comedy scene , Just there are many shows you can say that they have many unrealistic thing in your own opinion while it's fantasy or sci-fi , what did you expect ?!
Jul 26, 2019 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
oh shit Senku got stoned!

but nah he will survive

we got a glimpse of that sexy blonde girl in the OP too

also a mecha Senku have been shown is that foreshadowing that Senku will evolve himself to a cyborg at least? (transhumanism stuff)

maybe he can also invent The Matrix at some point too

and lol at this

degJul 26, 2019 12:32 PM
Jul 26, 2019 12:25 PM
Jul 2019
Fucking cliffhanger........................................Well, if tsukasa thinks he killed off one genius, well, there is another.
Jul 26, 2019 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
I absolutely loved this episode, young Senku & Taiju were so cute! And I got emotional when Tsukasa said if they weren't in the stone world he would want to be Senku's friend. I really hope we get some character development for Tsukasa and he'll rejoin our main heroes.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jul 26, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2018
Oh man, this is getting serious!

I really liked this episode
Jul 26, 2019 12:39 PM

Oct 2017
Next amazing episode.Kinda dramatic end, although i've hope that Senkuu will survive no matter what
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.