Anime & Manga News

Production I.G's Anime Titan Rain Canceled

by dtshyk
Aug 20, 2010 3:24 AM | 41 Comments
According to the tweet of Anime!Anime! representative, IG Port has announced cancellation of Production I.G's new anime project "Titan Rain" at the general meeting of stockholders. Storm Lion, the collaborator in Singapore, will take the responsibility for the loss caused by the cancellation. IG Port has already initiated another project with Singaporean companies.

Titan Rain official website

At the meeting, the president of Production I.G Ishikawa Mitsuhisa explained the reason for the deficit in the video production section that the elongation and the postponement of Higashi no Eden movies have augmented the expense, which had exceeded the budget.

Production I.G opened a pizza restaurant in their new building. Ishikawa said it's been successful so far.

Sources: abars official blog, Sudo Tadashi's tweet
Previous topic: Production I.G To Produce New Anime Titan Rain With a Singaporean Company

20 of 41 Comments Recent Comments

TreF said:
viral_hun said:
tehnominator said:
DAMN IT. One anime that wouldn't have stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school and they cancel it.


You still watch shows like that. If you don't like them, don't watch them. But don't complain. Also, there is at least 1 anime that don't have "stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school" every season, and if you can't find them, it's your own fault.

Logic and anime fans aren't compatible.

What date are we currently on on the "Endless Eight bitching tour" anyway?

Aug 21, 2010 9:05 PM by kkslider5552000

Oh well. just give me a slice of pizza and I'll be happy.

Aug 21, 2010 1:12 PM by eiskio

Thank god for pizza!

Aug 21, 2010 10:46 AM by Exiledraven

dtshyk said:
At the meeting, the president of Production I.G Ishikawa Mitsuhisa explained the reason for the deficit in the video production section that the elongation and the postponement of Higashi no Eden movies have augmented the expense, which had exceeded the budget.

I see the news team translated the Japanese into yet another language I don't understand. >_>;

Aug 21, 2010 3:17 AM by nx6

viral_hun said:
tehnominator said:
DAMN IT. One anime that wouldn't have stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school and they cancel it.


You still watch shows like that. If you don't like them, don't watch them. But don't complain. Also, there is at least 1 anime that don't have "stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school" every season, and if you can't find them, it's your own fault.

Logic and anime fans aren't compatible.

Aug 21, 2010 12:28 AM by TreF

Shit happens.

Aug 20, 2010 4:55 PM by Mormegil

tehnominator said:
DAMN IT. One anime that wouldn't have stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school and they cancel it.


You still watch shows like that. If you don't like them, don't watch them. But don't complain. Also, there is at least 1 anime that don't have "stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school" every season, and if you can't find them, it's your own fault.

Aug 20, 2010 4:54 PM by viral_hun

'Tis a shame. I didn't know of the anime, but it's a great animation studio. I'm looking forward to Production I.G's next project after Bungaku Shoujo, whatever it might be.

Also, pizza restaurant news was random.

Aug 20, 2010 4:09 PM by stAtic91

"Production I.G opened a pizza restaurant in their new building. Ishikawa said it's been successful so far."

lmao! what? XD

Aug 20, 2010 3:59 PM by magentaanbu

DAMN IT. One anime that wouldn't have stupid chibi crap or shit tsundere and isn't set in bloody high school and they cancel it.

Aug 20, 2010 2:28 PM by tehnominator

no new anime noooo,,, but there is pizza,, okay that i can live with

Aug 20, 2010 1:36 PM by enerjak

Haha, I am glad for them their new pizza business runs good. :') So random, yet so funny.

Aug 20, 2010 1:27 PM by Yzori

dtshyk said:
Production I.G opened a pizza restaurant in their new building. Ishikawa said it's been successful so far.
Yum. Maybe if it's doing well, they should convert to pizza-making. Might actually be profitable. lol

Aug 20, 2010 12:19 PM by _Me_

What? How am I supposed to download a pizza with µTorrent?

Aug 20, 2010 10:24 AM by fri

I lol'd at the pizza news. But it's sad to know they cancel it because the budget with Eden. Though Eden is really awesome so it's alright.. i guess.

At least, they survive with the pizza business.

Aug 20, 2010 9:44 AM by Mimiko

Captain-Z said:
f*ck production ig also known as the most overrated studio in all of anime
i hope they die soon
Please take your hate elsewhere.

As for the pizza news, it's loosely related. Basically they went over the budget with Eden, but since their new side-business is going well we shouldn't worry about them dying anytime soon.

Aug 20, 2010 9:33 AM by Leon-Gun

Captain-Z said:
f*ck production ig also known as the most overrated studio in all of anime
i hope they die soon

They won't. Their pizza restaurant is doing well after all.

Good luck next time.

Aug 20, 2010 9:33 AM by Eiko

f*ck production ig also known as the most overrated studio in all of anime
i hope they die soon

Aug 20, 2010 9:15 AM by Captain-Z

what a shame man

Aug 20, 2010 9:13 AM by Mr_Gutts

C.C. would love this random news.

Aug 20, 2010 8:39 AM by Kyon2570