Anime & Manga News

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Maria†Holic Alive

by Naruleach
Apr 5, 2011 4:47 PM | 25 Comments
According to their official website, Sentai Filmworks has licensed Maria†Holic Alive. Details about their release plans for the TV anime series have not yet been announced.

Shortly after Sentai Filmworks' announcement, the Anime Network announced their simulcast of the series. Episode 1 will premiere on April 10th at 10 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

Sources: Sentai Filmworks' official website, Anime Network's official website

20 of 25 Comments Recent Comments

Onibokusu said:
cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..


Hey, at least it's not 'Maria†Holic Season Two is Here With a Huge Fucking Long Title, Because Who Ever Thought Memorable, Catchy Titles Were a Good Idea?'


I don't really have a problem with the Alive bit, but I'd actually prefer it to be the one you threw out there. It's surprisingly catchy.

They did license it pretty fast, but, it's not that strange that they'd jump on the next season of a series they've already gotten the first of.

Apr 8, 2011 9:59 PM by Seraphelki

Onibokusu said:
cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..


Hey, at least it's not 'Maria†Holic Season Two is Here With a Huge Fucking Long Title, Because Who Ever Thought Memorable, Catchy Titles Were a Good Idea?'


haha exactly. deal with it haters I'm glad its gonna be subbed, i was worried that it might get delayed releases. :D

Apr 6, 2011 9:06 AM by ariamachi

never really had an oportunity to watch anime of the Holic yet

Apr 6, 2011 6:11 AM by Mr_Gutts

That's quick.

Apr 6, 2011 3:35 AM by AlexSadist-sama

cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..
it makes it sound like a mecha show *laughs*

Apr 6, 2011 2:41 AM by Valentiln

cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..
Yeah, I'd prefer a ' or !.

Apr 6, 2011 2:33 AM by HawthorneKitty

cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..


Hey, at least it's not 'Maria†Holic Season Two is Here With a Huge Fucking Long Title, Because Who Ever Thought Memorable, Catchy Titles Were a Good Idea?'

Apr 6, 2011 2:26 AM by no-thanks

cyruz said:
Lame ass title btw, Alive..

Yeah , same for me ,

Apr 6, 2011 1:14 AM by Eternal_Shield

Lame ass title btw, Alive..

Apr 6, 2011 12:37 AM by cyruz

Well, if Sentai releases on it Blu-Ray, I'll be definitely buying their release.

Apr 5, 2011 11:46 PM by no-thanks

STM said:
Wow, that was fast.

Defiance said:
Tounis said:
I mean, it's OK that SHAFT will take your money. They deserve it.
Yes, a studio that is infamous for either working its animators to death hours before an episodes release without a finished product, or just flat out cutting scenes from shows to boost blu-ray sales deserves your money....

My thoughts exactly.


Pretty sure Tounis was being sarcastic.....

Apr 5, 2011 11:16 PM by Borjoyzee

Wow, that was fast.

Defiance said:
Tounis said:
I mean, it's OK that SHAFT will take your money. They deserve it.
Yes, a studio that is infamous for either working its animators to death hours before an episodes release without a finished product, or just flat out cutting scenes from shows to boost blu-ray sales deserves your money....

My thoughts exactly.

Apr 5, 2011 10:26 PM by Samu-tan

Tounis said:
I mean, it's OK that SHAFT will take your money. They deserve it.
Yes, a studio that is infamous for either working its animators to death hours before an episodes release without a finished product, or just flat out cutting scenes from shows to boost blu-ray sales deserves your money....

Apr 5, 2011 9:59 PM by Defiance

Unfortunately the complete simulcast is only to the users who pay unlike Infinite Stratos otherwise I would be in.

Good to see a Shaft simulcast

Apr 5, 2011 9:58 PM by mitamaking

Redfoxoffire said:
RedLunge said:
artist_for_hire said:
B-chan911 said:
Cool. I just hope that the dub will be good...

They're not going to dub maria holic.


Yeah the first season is already out and available in America, there's no dub so they obviously wont dub the second season.

Sentai usually doesn't do dubs.

It's more like they decide what is worth dubbing. From what I've seen, I'd say on average they dub about 50% of what they acquire.


Yeah after going back over it I'd say you're right.

Well anyways still just excited to see season 2 getting licenesed. I'm planning on buying the first season sometime.

Apr 5, 2011 9:06 PM by MahouS

this is good and all but i want my second season of maria+holic

Apr 5, 2011 8:33 PM by Felchenerow

Yay, I don't believe any groups had plans to sub it.

Apr 5, 2011 7:15 PM by HawthorneKitty

Kazeshini said:
it's not possible to dub this in english, i can just picture the horrible voices.

How do you 'picture' something that can't be seen?

Apr 5, 2011 7:12 PM by Florete

it's not possible to dub this in english, i can just picture the horrible voices.

Apr 5, 2011 7:00 PM by Kazeshini

RedLunge said:
artist_for_hire said:
B-chan911 said:
Cool. I just hope that the dub will be good...

They're not going to dub maria holic.


Yeah the first season is already out and available in America, there's no dub so they obviously wont dub the second season.

Sentai usually doesn't do dubs.

It's more like they decide what is worth dubbing. From what I've seen, I'd say on average they dub about 50% of what they acquire.

Apr 5, 2011 6:30 PM by Florete

Related Database Entries