Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Touka's thirst for revenge kinda defines part of his character this season so far.

On the other hand, they threw a very dangerous monster into his adventure already. Not sure if this going to be a recurring trend but it establishes how dangerous their world can be. Not going to lie though, this show has a depressing mood...from the present timeline to the background storytelling about Touka.
Jul 11, 10:41 AM
Feb 2020
That 3d-animation was such an annoyance, I couldn't stand it
Jul 11, 11:04 AM
Apr 2023
It's not really that bad, yet. I might continue watching it just for the adventure, and that bbbbb- blondie
Jul 11, 11:11 AM
Jul 2016
I've read the manga and I was excited to see how the show would be, but I don't know how to feel about the 3D animation. I like the story so I'll give it a shot, but hopefully they don't butcher anything.

Second episode was just as I expected, pretty alright all around.
Jul 11, 11:14 AM
Aug 2020
Are they cutting corners or no budget left? Even the MC is CG now.
Jul 11, 11:24 AM
Apr 2020
The 3d animation on the monsters is okay for me since they are always animated like that, but when they constantly switch 3d and regular animation with the mc, it’s kinda annoying.
Jul 11, 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
Rushed and poorly made.
Ah, I forgot cringe. Cringe too.
Next.
Jul 11, 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
That was so painful to watch, the inconsistencies in art direction, the acting, the monologues, the sequence of events, the uninspired level system ...
Jul 11, 11:59 AM
May 2021
This is already better than Arifureta. The CGI monsters looked weird but also creepy and gave perfect vibes for that ancient ruin. MC managed to outsmart the soul eater, let's see how he meets with the elf next
Jul 11, 12:07 PM
May 2014
more crappy 3d animation and now back and forth from 3d to drawn, another botched job
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 12:18 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Stark700
Touka's thirst for revenge kinda defines part of his character this season so far.

On the other hand, they threw a very dangerous monster into his adventure already. Not sure if this going to be a recurring trend but it establishes how dangerous their world can be. Not going to lie though, this show has a depressing mood...from the present timeline to the background storytelling about Touka.
@Stark700 this whole interaction with the soul eater was strange. The battle in both the manga and LN are really different compared to what we saw in this episode but the end result is the same. I just can’t wait for him to meet Seras next episode and get this show on the road. Regardless what people may think now after 2 episodes, this really is a great story of revenge and a fantastic non harem love story.
Jul 11, 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
That was painful to watch. The way he leveled up didn't feel earned at all, his powers make for boring fights, the 3D animation does not look great, the boss was lame and the "you thought I was a nice guy but I'm actually a bad boy!!!" bit was pretty cringe.
Jul 11, 12:29 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to acidbart
@Stark700 this whole interaction with the soul eater was strange. The battle in both the manga and LN are really different compared to what we saw in this episode but the end result is the same. I just can’t wait for him to meet Seras next episode and get this show on the road. Regardless what people may think now after 2 episodes, this really is a great story of revenge and a fantastic non harem love story.
@acidbart
Well in the Light Novel I didn't really get what happened at first. I find it clearer in the Anime (no idea for the manga).
Jul 11, 12:30 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Johnny-Jay
That was painful to watch. The way he leveled up didn't feel earned at all, his powers make for boring fights, the 3D animation does not look great, the boss was lame and the "you thought I was a nice guy but I'm actually a bad boy!!!" bit was pretty cringe.
@Johnny-Jay That was manipulation. He made himself look weak as fuck (well he is) for a surprise attack.
Jul 11, 12:31 PM
Jan 2009
I don't understand what is going on. He's talking about still having MP left while the visuals are showing very clearly that he has no MP left. If he has "natural" vs non-natural MP, whatever that means, they should show that. Just showing zero but letting him continue to cast makes no sense.
amf85Jul 11, 12:57 PM
Jul 11, 12:33 PM

Apr 2022
I would drop this, but I can't look away from this trainwreck
Jul 11, 1:02 PM
Jul 2013
Weird 3d scenes used for movement of the character and drawn scene for closeup and combat.
I didn't liked the 3d scenes. They felt botched and done by interns
Jul 11, 1:20 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
From a technical point of view, this is terrible. Animation quality, leveling system, plotlines, etc. That being said, I'm finding it relative entertaining.
Jul 11, 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
This was a cliché done cheesy as fuck. Still watchable though.
Jul 11, 1:26 PM
Sep 2008
This episode can be resumed in one word "Paralyze"
Jul 11, 1:28 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
I don't understand what is going on. He's talking about still having MP left while the visuals are showing very clearly that he has no MP left. If he has "natural" vs non-natural MP, whatever that means, they should show that. Just showing zero but letting him continue to cast makes no sense.
@amf85 They are stats modificators that are added to his normal stats.
Jul 11, 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
If it was 0 stars, I'd give it 0 stars, it was that bad.
Jul 11, 1:40 PM
Feb 2018
i like the story but the switching from 3d to 2d was jarring
Jul 11, 1:44 PM
Apr 2024
Boy. I thought first episode was bad, 2nd episode not only bad, it also cringe af... I am not sure how much more I can take if it's still this bad in the next episode.
Jul 11, 1:52 PM
Jan 2022
the story has potential to go very good or very bad. i'll keep around for the story
Jul 11, 1:55 PM
Nov 2018
I really don't get the power system. He's facing off against monsters over level 500, probably if he's gaining 300 levels in one kill and they can't kill him or resist his powers. Over level 1000, his poison should be an instant kill, by then.
Jul 11, 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
Still appalling even with brain turned off.
Jul 11, 2:08 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to groudonvert
@amf85 They are stats modificators that are added to his normal stats.
@groudonvert Wait, then where are his normal stats?
Jul 11, 2:12 PM

Jul 2021
Bad CGI, but not bad as Ex-Arm! I'm still continue watching that anime for story plot.
Jul 11, 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
It was hard to watch good source material story with 3rd rate 3d animation, probally made by freshmans.
Jul 11, 2:19 PM

May 2019
This isn't too bad IMO but the scenes were kind of dark so it's good to watch this in a dim or dark room. Regarding him being out of MP early on I agree that it could've been explained better since we saw he had 0 MP but still had "natural" MP.

Anyway, hopefully he meets up with the sexy looking blonde elf in the next episode.
Jul 11, 2:20 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
@groudonvert Wait, then where are his normal stats?
@amf85 Where are normal people's normal stats ? The goddess said it was something only heroes get.
Jul 11, 2:23 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to groudonvert
@amf85 Where are normal people's normal stats ? The goddess said it was something only heroes get.
@groudonvert I can't remember any other show which does it that way. Which would be fine, I guess, not everything has to be the same, but if they're going to spend minutes focusing on him using his "natural" stats and worrying about if they are going to run out, then they should show them. Just repeatedly showing us 0/33 while talking about some number we can't see is not good design. I guess it doesn't matter anymore, since his +stats are now so high he'll probably never use his natural stats, but that doesn't make the design any less dumb.
Jul 11, 2:32 PM
Apr 2024
its like arifureta but low cost, I like it but the 3d animation is soo trash and annoying. what Seven Arcs was thinking by doing that, did they have no more budget? but overall its still good for me
Jul 11, 2:33 PM

Jun 2016
The quality of animation and CGI is "meh" to be fair and don't say worse... but the story is intriguing, I'm interested.
Jul 11, 2:35 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
@groudonvert I can't remember any other show which does it that way. Which would be fine, I guess, not everything has to be the same, but if they're going to spend minutes focusing on him using his "natural" stats and worrying about if they are going to run out, then they should show them. Just repeatedly showing us 0/33 while talking about some number we can't see is not good design. I guess it doesn't matter anymore, since his +stats are now so high he'll probably never use his natural stats, but that doesn't make the design any less dumb.
@amf85
Well it asks the question what happens if his HP goes down to zero.
Jul 11, 2:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ngl, for an OP MC isekai, this was actually kinda badass of an episode... was kinda like a Zelda Dungeon lol

now i need my sexy ass female elf warrior to get some REAL screentime
Jul 11, 2:43 PM
Feb 2020
The only disappointing thing about this episode was its CG. In no way independent scenes or frames were bad but they just lacked the cohesion overall as an episode.

Sure I was little disappointed with around 80% of MC screentime was in CG & as with every CG he was made more pale with no details on his face whatsoever. But the real issue was wierd and jerky transition between 2D VFX scenes, 3D CGI scenes & regular 2D character art scenes.

They could be handled much better & gripe of viewers will be way less about CGI & VFX characters.
Jul 11, 2:46 PM

Mar 2017
Was a bit confused about the 3D appearing suddenly, I like the LN but I'll keep watching for now.
Jul 11, 2:49 PM
Jul 2013
that turned from "gritty revenge story" into "mediocre plot armor CG-eyesore" very quickly :/
dandaxJul 11, 2:58 PM
Jul 11, 3:06 PM

Apr 2023
Some of the worst CG I've probably bothered to watch. Did an ai animate this? The monsters are 1 thing but the characters? Just awfully done
Jul 11, 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
That was so terrible cgs come on if you are going to use cgs at least make it better.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 11, 3:18 PM
Mar 2015
I can forgive trash 3D CGI fight scenes but don’t cheap out and use it all the damn time. Studios are getting so lazy
Jul 11, 3:22 PM

Nov 2017
Cool moments of defeating the Soul Eater (that name lol) in creative way but too much unnecessary CGI :D
Jul 11, 3:35 PM
Feb 2024
I don't watch animes because the animation. I really like animes of almost all kind of gender and I like (until now) this anime. Has a meh history but is interesting. I prefer have an anime adaption that you can decide to watch or not to dont have one. This studio is like indi, and they are making an effort. Why the otakus fans are so annoying?
Jul 11, 3:39 PM

Feb 2019
Seven arcs will pay for their crimes. They ruined Mabotai and now Failure Frame. I just don’t get why they take on these projects if this is what they’re gonna put out. Like don’t get me wrong the story of Failure Frame probably isn’t great objectively, but I love isekai and power fantasy revenge stories with waifus so it’s something I’d normally love.

But how can I get into it when even the MC is being turned into horribly blended CGI? Like these aren’t even motion intensive scenes where they’re doing this either. Like the first poison scene before the soul eater showed up there was no need for that CGI LMAO. It’s crazy cause the still art actually looks decent, I do like the glossy feel of the character designs.

Horrible production quality aside, the Arifureta allegations getting even stronger. MC in a dungeon separated from his class after being summoned to another world, eating monster meat, seeking revenge on the person who caused them to be there.. damn one of these authors was a fan of the other(not sure which came first)

I am really interested in the lore of the world, seeing the MC get his revenge and finally meeting elf waifu that was teased in ep 1 and on the cover of volume 1.. hopefully next episode gives us more in that direction.
Marinate1016Jul 11, 7:23 PM
Jul 11, 3:43 PM

Jun 2023
Damn that boss was ugly as hell
Jul 11, 3:44 PM
Mar 2023
This was some hot garbage. I think the only positive I can take away was that the soul eater had an interesting design. But everything else about this episode was kinda butt. Yet for some reason I may watch a 3rd… we’ll see
Jul 11, 3:49 PM
Mar 2014
Anime great, just like the manga, only a few minor thing here and there skipped.

But the most annoying thing of all were all those janky CGI, they were so distracting and horrible.

Some of the softer CGI 2D/3D scnes was done nicely, but the movement scenes were horribly done.
Jul 11, 3:56 PM
Feb 2021
Time to lock in. Evil vs evil vs evil
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

143 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

» This is so Cliche but still entertaining

RONIN90MC - Jul 12

13 by AnimeTheOVA »»
Jul 15, 12:27 AM

» Kieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ZoeEbe - Jul 12

9 by CheliosX »»
Jul 13, 12:03 AM

» So basically Arifureta 2.0?

Zakku- - Jun 18

25 by lukyknhas »»
Jul 11, 5:35 PM

» Opening and Ending song

MegamiRem - Jul 11

1 by Saku33 »»
Jul 11, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.