Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2023 2:43 AM

Aug 2022
That's so bad wtf...Bocchi with 16k in its first week. It even got outnumbered by some isekai...
Jan 31, 2023 2:46 AM

Mar 2021
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.
Jan 31, 2023 2:51 AM

Mar 2021
Well that's disappointing... Hope it gets better in the next volumes
Jan 31, 2023 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
lol not even reach the break even point of 2500 aka manabi line but ye that line is rule of thumb instead of rule

japan hates the cinematic realism confirmed
Jan 31, 2023 2:58 AM

Mar 2021
DeFa- said:
V1P3R0P said:
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.

I mean the manga had some of the highest sales before an anime compared to others. The anime barely boosted the sales of the manga and blu ray isn't selling either. I think they just had the wrong vision for adapting it and its showing.

Guess you are right. This type of direction was a gamble from the start. Looks like a lot of people hated it. Lets hope this doesn't affect future seasons and they can that way, plan better.
Jan 31, 2023 3:03 AM
Sep 2012
We already know that BDs will not sell very well so move on. Even Vinland Saga BDs sell only 200 copies but still got season 2 by Mappa.
Jan 31, 2023 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
DeFa- said:
V1P3R0P said:

Guess you are right. This type of direction was a gamble from the start. Looks like a lot of people hated it. Lets hope this doesn't affect future seasons and they can that way, plan better.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the direction myself but would rather continue with this direction instead of it getting cancelled or not continued.

Though I can't imagine shuisha is happy since anime is a means for promoting manga and this isn't doing it's job. For something that had double the sales jjk had before an anime and only getting a 3-5 mill boost is horrible. I know the remake petition that went around and how stupid it was but realistically I wonder if shuisha would fund a remake with a different studio since they didn't invest anything for this first season. Probably not and just stupid ideas by me anyways.

shueisha does not care because only mappa is part of production committee
Jan 31, 2023 3:12 AM
lmaoo lycoris recoil bd sales were like 30k in first week
Jan 31, 2023 3:16 AM

Jan 2023

That's quite low NGL, hopefully it will get better soon after some more advertising. In Japan CSM aren't that famous tho

Profile   ●   Website

Jan 31, 2023 3:16 AM
Sep 2012
DeFa- said:

Though I can't imagine shuisha is happy since anime is a means for promoting manga and this isn't doing it's job. For something that had double the sales jjk had before an anime and only getting a 3-5 mill boost is horrible. I know the remake petition that went around and how stupid it was but realistically I wonder if shuisha would fund a remake with a different studio since they didn't invest anything for this first season. Probably not and just stupid ideas by me anyways.

Starting from PV reveal by Mappa to anime finish airing it get 20M manga boost. Shueisha already got huge manga boost from that.

MAPPA invest 100% in CSM anime and no production committee. So csm anime will not moved to other studio since Mappa own it.
Jan 31, 2023 3:18 AM
Sep 2012
poundscoin said:

That's quite low NGL, hopefully it will get better soon after some more advertising. In Japan CSM aren't that famous tho

CSM literally top in streaming last season. It also having huge view in Japan tv rating compare with 86 anime.
Jan 31, 2023 3:19 AM

Jan 2009
international profit will carry this like new dragon ball super movie
Jan 31, 2023 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Demnn i told ya bastards it gonna flop with dis directors visions. As expected manga sales ain't getting boost either sed
Jan 31, 2023 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
DeFa- said:
deg said:

shueisha does not care because only mappa is part of production committee

What I'm talking about is the manga sales and the anime didn't boost it for what they were expecting. They printed a bunch and it didn't meet those expectations. They were expecting another jjk or demon slayer.

well manga sales are good enough though it reach 20 million copies in circulation currently its gonna be part of this list soon https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

but ye not the next demon slayer or at least jjk but shueisha did not invest much but mappa did
Jan 31, 2023 3:29 AM
Sep 2012
DeFa- said:

MAPPA does have 100% and thats the issue. If they don't make profits they cannot continue making it.

Do you watch Vinland Saga this season? It has great animation right? That is made by Mappa. Vinland Saga season 1 BDs sell only 200 copies and it not popular at all in Japan.
Jan 31, 2023 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
Eurycoma said:
DeFa- said:

MAPPA does have 100% and thats the issue. If they don't make profits they cannot continue making it.

Do you watch Vinland Saga this season? It has great animation right? That is made by Mappa. Vinland Saga season 1 BDs sell only 200 copies and it not popular at all in Japan.

fire force sold 100 plus discs but its getting a sequel so ye streaming profit will carry but expectations are too damn high for chainsaw man
Jan 31, 2023 3:37 AM

Jan 2009
imo anime sequel is sure but expect quality downgrade and no more new ed each episode lol
Jan 31, 2023 3:38 AM
Jan 2021
V1P3R0P said:

Japan has the most Anime Blu Ray and DVD sales in the world. If a series doesn't sell very well there then it is doomed.
Jan 31, 2023 3:39 AM

Jan 2009
no more reze movie i guess too
Jan 31, 2023 3:42 AM
Sep 2012
DeFa- said:
How much producers are there? is it only mappa? No. I think you are failing to see my point. Manga publishers mostly fund an anime to promote their manga, Vinland saga obviously sold enough manga to be able to fund another season. Mappa don't get the profits of manga sales and only the revenue of the anime. If the anime doesn't make enough money they can't just make another season.

No production committee so Mappa will get 100% profit. Vinland manga producer not part of production committee and it didn't get high manga boost like csm when season 1 airing.
Jan 31, 2023 3:46 AM
Jun 2021
people are so unthankful. This is the best adaptation of all time and people still complain…
Jan 31, 2023 3:47 AM

May 2015
I really don't understand why Japanese people hated this adaptation so much. Like it makes no sense to me.

Jan 31, 2023 3:52 AM
Sep 2012
DeFa- said:
Are you blind or a troll? Please go here and look at the producers and see that kodansha is funding the season. Yes mappa will get 100% of the anime profits, but it's not really selling well is it? They could break even on the cost it took to produce but they might not make a profit. If they don't make more money than it cost to make they can't continue. Having multiple producers means the anime doesn't have to be the sole thing to fund itself, having the manga producers involved, you can also fund the anime with the profits from the manga.

I tired argued. Okay sir. CSM anime not success and will not getting season 2 since Mappa will not get profit. Are you happy?
Jan 31, 2023 4:00 AM
Apr 2022
I already knew the show was not that good and the BD sales were low, but I didn’t expect the numbers to be this low. The season was extremely boring and the pacing is horrendous, like things are happening on paper but nothing actually happens lol, Makima mills a few people l, someone dies but it’s hard to care when they had like two episodes of screen time lol. I would love to see all the people who said I was wrong about the sales numbers, because I said Bocchi the Rock. I don’t even think Mappa will think a season two would be worth it at this point lmao.
Jan 31, 2023 4:02 AM
Oct 2008
Jan 31, 2023 4:13 AM
Aug 2022
Ah yes the "superior jjk" is struggling to cross 2k while jjk sold close to 25k in 1st week
Jan 31, 2023 4:22 AM
Jan 2023
Coping CSM fans are saddedned by this sudden news...
Jan 31, 2023 4:39 AM

Mar 2021
Fucking Japanese with their braindead takes yet again

A director has a unique vision? NAH NANI BUT WHERE ARE MY FLASHY COLORFUL FIGHTS???? I WANT MY INDUSTRY STANDARD PRODUCED TROPE-FILLED SHONEN WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

No wonder they hate the anime when they eat up shows like Demon Slayer/MHA like hotcakes. I wonder what those shows have from what I said above.

In my eyes they have no credibility.

OdabraniJan 31, 2023 4:44 AM

Jan 31, 2023 4:39 AM

Jan 2023
It's because Chainsaw Man already had a huge manga cult-following. So the most of the anime fans are manga fans. 
I sincereley hope MAPPA will keep continue making 12 EDs though, no matter what happens.

Jan 31, 2023 4:42 AM
Sep 2021
Idk man. Didn’t vinland saga also flop? But now the team from s1 is working with mappa for a second season and it’s very good. So like should the non vocal majority who liked the csm anime not expect a season 2 or something?
Jan 31, 2023 4:43 AM

Aug 2011
DeFa- said:

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the direction myself but would rather continue with this direction instead of it getting cancelled or not continued.

Remake is possible but you need at least to wait 10-20 years more.

Different studio for season 2 - Bad things to production will happen if change studio. Same thing happen like OPM season 2, hataraku maou sama season 2 and 7 deadly sins. If you care for csm anime, different studio is worst thing.
Jan 31, 2023 4:48 AM

Feb 2021
That moment when The Eminence in Shadow sells more blu-rays than CSM 

And people don't believe me when I say this show might not get a season 2....
Jan 31, 2023 4:48 AM
Feb 2019
Does anyone know how much AOT Final season Part 1 and 2 did first week????
Jan 31, 2023 4:50 AM
Aug 2022
MugiwaraJopa said:

A director has a unique vision? NAH NANI BUT WHERE ARE MY FLASHY COLORFUL FIGHTS???? I WANT MY INDUSTRY STANDARD PRODUCED TROPE-FILLED SHONEN WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

No wonder they hate the anime when they eat up shows like Demon Slayer/MHA like hotcakes. I wonder what those shows have from what I said above.

-except that vision was poorly executed
- demon slayer is literally their culture
-MHA has superheroes which is unique in japan
-adaptation was inferior to manga and fight scenes were decent at best
- it should have been 24eps, barely anything happens in 1st season to hook anime only
Jan 31, 2023 4:50 AM
Oct 2022
Damn, that’s a disaster of massive proportions.
Jan 31, 2023 4:51 AM

Apr 2019

That's hilarious but also expected. Japan really hated this show. I still think it's gonna get a second season though. CSM ended up in failure. Now let's wait for another battle shonen manga to blow up.
Jan 31, 2023 4:54 AM

May 2012
Hmm. I wouldn't say 1,7k is a flop or anything, it's still above average. Not sure why everyone is panicking. Yes it's likely that CSM will end up in negative profits now for the studio due to the aggressive promotion campaigns but that can easily be redeemed if they manage to promote a movie as well as they did the series itself.
Jan 31, 2023 4:56 AM
Oct 2022
Enri_eu said:
Not much( maybe 3000k or something) but it doesn't matter for aot as it's sequel. S1 aot had whopping 100k blu-ray sales and final season p1 was the most streamed anime of 2021
Jan 31, 2023 4:59 AM
Feb 2019
Ochinchu said:
Enri_eu said:
Not much( maybe 3000k or something) but it doesn't matter for aot as it's sequel. S1 aot had whopping 100k blu-ray sales and final season p1 was the most streamed anime of 2021
You cant compare sales from 2012 to now though. Not sure if S1 are usually the ones that sell the best and the others sell less, thats why I am wondering
Jan 31, 2023 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
Enri_eu said:
Ochinchu said:
You cant compare sales from 2012 to now though. Not sure if S1 are usually the ones that sell the best and the others sell less, thats why I am wondering

anime sequels usually sold less much less than season 1 of any anime

and volume 1 of discs sells the most
Jan 31, 2023 5:07 AM
Sep 2012
MadanielFL said:

Leak already say that it will get Reze movie. It will announce next month or on May event
Jan 31, 2023 5:08 AM
Oct 2022
Enri_eu said:
Ochinchu said:
blu-ray sales in Japan is still relevant and many people in Japan will buy it as an appreciation for studio if they like the adaptation. Shows like jjk and ds had ridiculous high blu-ray sales even in this streaming Era. I was expecting atleast 10k lol but these numbers are pathetic for s1 of hype show.

Most anime make huge profit during s1 were everyone will watch but the sequels will get less views and sales. Not everything can be aot Final season were many people who dropped starting watching it again
Jan 31, 2023 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
Oh lol. It's almost like all the trolls hyping CSM beforehand jinxed it. No skin off my back and we will get a sequel anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2023 5:16 AM
作画

Nov 2019
MugiwaraJopa said:

you sure are coping a lot fam. Chainsaw Man was a complete failure thanks to Nakayama's cringey interpretation and horrendous direction, imagine letting a guy that quite literally hates anime direct a project this big, it was BOUND to end up in failure.
Jan 31, 2023 5:19 AM
Feb 2019
Ochinchu said:
Enri_eu said:
blu-ray sales in Japan is still relevant and many people in Japan will buy it as an appreciation for studio if they like the adaptation. Shows like jjk and ds had ridiculous high blu-ray sales even in this streaming Era. I was expecting atleast 10k lol but these numbers are pathetic for s1 of hype show.

Most anime make huge profit during s1 were everyone will watch but the sequels will get less views and sales. Not everything can be aot Final season were many people who dropped starting watching it again
So the sequels always have huge drops and the first season is the one that sells the most? Are u sure? But thanks for the information
Jan 31, 2023 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
Enri_eu said:
Ochinchu said:

So the sequels always have huge drops and the first season is the one that sells the most? Are u sure? But thanks for the information

lol people are not lying to you wtf here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A33miTSU1NHdVO7F8kMT68wgkM6uW8YThKPEsDvLKsc/edit?usp=drivesdk
Jan 31, 2023 5:31 AM

Mar 2021
Japanese fans - How can I like this ? It has no moe, no colourful sakuga, no hype only good plot. How is this any better than the 200th isekai show i am gonna watch ?

MugiwaraJopa said:

Welp there was a reason out of all shonen parts, stone ocean had the least amount of sales

The braindead-ness was always there
Jan 31, 2023 5:31 AM
Oct 2022
Enri_eu said:
Ochinchu said:

I haven't seen any popular anime where s2 having more blu-ray than s1( except maybe demon slayer and that too because of movie) and as for views people who didn't like s1 will not bother watching succeeding seasons, so that's whyamy studios go all out in s1 to capture as much fans as possible, while sequels will have less effort as they've already established core fans
Jan 31, 2023 5:48 AM

Nov 2014
MadanielFL said:

Apparently Vinland Saga S1 sold 200 units and yet it has a 2nd season. CSM will probaly get one, just not on the same "level" as S1.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

995 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1018 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:13 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

390 by jojoham »»
Jun 17, 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.