Forum Settings
Forums

What’s an anime that everyone else loves but you didn’t?

New
Oct 14, 2022 6:48 AM
Oct 2022
For me it’s Cowboy Bebop. I felt like it had little to no character development or growth. For me I found that it lacked a strong story to keep me invested and I found the episodic nature of the anime to be really boring especially with an interesting concept and world. Don’t get me wrong I’ve watched other episodic shows but they were able to keep me invested unlike Cowboy Bebop. So how about you what anime does everyone else love but you don’t?

EDIT: Please try to be civilized and respectful in this thread. No hateful or insulting language and comments.
AnimeTygerOct 15, 2022 10:30 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2022 6:52 AM

Oct 2010
I am sure that huntrash x garbage fans were mind controlled to love that shit show, it's impossible for crap like that to be so loved
Oct 14, 2022 6:54 AM

Dec 2020
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33352/Violet_Evergarden
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It looked nice and everything but my main problem was that it had too many flashbacks and cared too much about the story in the past and I absolutely didn't. The movie was also bad but the specials were nice though.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35839/Sora_yori_mo_Tooi_Basho
Again didn't hate it but didn't love it either. It's just K on but the girls go to Antarctica. I started nicely but got boring towards the end. It was longer than it needed to be.
Thanatos1Oct 14, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 14, 2022 7:00 AM
Aug 2021
I really wanted to love HxH, and I think the music is all incredible, but man, I felt bored during even the chimera ant arc. It was frustrating to watch since imo only a couple arcs had satisfying conclusions. I don't think it is bad, but I just don't get the appeal I guess. Chainsaw man comes to mind too, but I was enjoying it until the end, so it's not like I don't get the appeal.
Oct 14, 2022 7:01 AM
Aug 2021
I think HxH was when I realized that most battle shonen anime just aren't for me
Oct 14, 2022 7:05 AM

Mar 2021
Darling in the FranXX I see people loving this show but this show got me sleeping
Oct 14, 2022 7:09 AM

Jul 2021
SAO eww, i still remember how bored and frustrated i got while watching Alicization. I ended up dropping it
Oct 14, 2022 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
It would be Evangelion, there was a whole lotta edgy pretentious stuff going on in that. Maybe it wasn't my type of anime
Oct 14, 2022 7:13 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
Spy x Family, lame sense of humor.
Ousama Ranking, the most messy things I've ever watched.
Lycoris Recoil, masterpiece of waifu bait.
Oct 14, 2022 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
nashpika said:
SAO eww, i still remember how bored and frustrated i got while watching Alicization. I ended up dropping it
unless the general opinion has changed, everyone hates on sao
Oct 14, 2022 7:15 AM

Dec 2015
nashpika said:

Please, please show me the people loving Sword Art Online! I am here defending its glory from hordes of mindless haters all alone, yet here you are claiming that other people actually love it? How blind have I been then?
Oct 14, 2022 7:16 AM

Aug 2018
I hate clannad but I hate after story more
_______I like rocks__
Oct 14, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2020
Ping Pong, S;G, NGE, Konosuba, Spy x Family, Gintama.
Oct 14, 2022 7:17 AM

Jan 2021
As of now Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I stopped at episode 12 a few years back as I got bored watching the series, I barely remembering anything and surprisingly haven't been spoiled.

I do remember not liking it one bit and putting it on indefinite hold, I'll give it another go one of these days for sure yet this is the most popular series I didn't really enjoy.
Oct 14, 2022 7:21 AM

Mar 2021
kizumi91 said:
Ousama Ranking, the most messy things I've ever watched.
I agree, most of the second half was bad and the ending was just atrocious

Oct 14, 2022 7:25 AM
Dec 2013
Spy x Family
Gintama
One Piece
Cowboy Bebop
Violet Evergarden
Code Geass
Oct 14, 2022 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners: I don't understand the whole point of the story. Watched it because it was just 10 episode and visuals were good.

Neon Genesis Envangelion: I liked it the moment I was watching. Not that I fully understand it but I personally don't like the aspects it passively tries to make me think.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War: It seemed really boring to me. The same monotonous stuff for 36 episodes.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Oct 14, 2022 7:31 AM

Dec 2021
Hyouka. There are good things about it but I think it’s quite pretentious with boring characters.
Oct 14, 2022 7:46 AM

Nov 2020
For me it's the recent anime Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

The MC is just edgy cringe boy that let himself hit by truck, get isekai then gain magic power because he want to get more power, I hate it. But somehow this anime get everyone love with cringe MC anime like how, HOW?
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Oct 14, 2022 7:48 AM
Oct 2022
SkyfallStar said:
nashpika said:

Please, please show me the people loving Sword Art Online! I am here defending its glory from hordes of mindless haters all alone, yet here you are claiming that other people actually love it? How blind have I been then?

I love SAO and I will try to defend it as much as possible. The show does have some flaws but every show has flaws
Oct 14, 2022 7:51 AM
Oct 2022
Yet another "overrated" thread with a different name. And there is no such thing as "an anime that everyone else loves" as all anime has its haters, especially the popular ones " that everyone else likes".
Oct 14, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2021
SkyfallStar said:
nashpika said:

if u love a show, u'll easily mostly find haters of the show and u would want to defend it, and if u hate a show, u'll mostly find ppl who luv it, e.g i kinda hate SAO but i mostly find ppl defending it, and i luv Gintama, but i mostly find ppl hating it (as u can clearly see in this forum too) what a weird world
Oct 14, 2022 7:52 AM
Oct 2022
LoreMasterDan said:
As of now Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, I stopped at episode 12 a few years back as I got bored watching the series, I barely remembering anything and surprisingly haven't been spoiled.

I do remember not liking it one bit and putting it on indefinite hold, I'll give it another go one of these days for sure yet this is the most popular series I didn't really enjoy.

I couldn’t finish it because of how they treated Simon and his grief. I just couldn’t get over how hateful some of the characters treated Simon and how he was handling his grief. It really irritatef me.
Oct 14, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2021
A war can break out in this thread lmao.

As to answer the question, I would say Nagatoro. It's the most boring anime I ever had the displeasure of watching. I was very disappointed, I thought it would be good given how much it's hyped and how much I was seeing Nagatoro's smirk all over the internet but I was naive. It did make me learn that I won't enjoy every show.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 14, 2022 8:13 AM

Sep 2018
Everyone keeps mentioning highly rated anime with plenty of haters, so it looks like I'll be the only one replying with an anime that is truly loved by everyone, with literally not even one negative comment on its subforum:

The Tatami Time Machine Blues. Every character is uninteresting or annoying just like in its parent story.
Oct 14, 2022 8:19 AM

Apr 2022
Way too many to list. You can just go thru my list if you want lmao.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 14, 2022 8:23 AM

Aug 2020
SaiteiDaOrette said:
Hyouka. There are good things about it but I think it’s quite pretentious with boring characters.
what th- Really? I thought the show's very direct with its themes and all what's so pretentious about it?
Oct 14, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2012
Hunter x Hunter, Fruits Basket and Gintama are 3 notable ones, also Urusei Yatsura from this season, everyone is saying that Lum is cute but I can't think of her as anything other than an abusive bitch after watching ep 1.
Oct 14, 2022 8:37 AM

Aug 2021
Tokyo Ghoul... like in theory it's anime i could enjoy but idk something just wasn't there, maybe i expected too much or not the right thing. it was't horrible or anything but i just didn't like it

pigeons on the roof
watching a wintry landscape
always seem hungry

Oct 14, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2021
High school dxd
Horimiya (This show had huge potential tho)
Kore wa zombie
Rascel doesn't dream of a bunny girl senpai

There might be some other animes too but I can't recall their names at this moment.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Oct 14, 2022 8:44 AM

Dec 2021
TRC_Randy said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:
what th- Really? I thought the show's very direct with its themes and all what's so pretentious about it?

The whole vibe of it. I think if I hear Cello Suites by Bach one more time, I think I’ll throw up.

There’s no doubt that the themes are pretty direct. That’s a good point. I just don’t care what it has to say because pretty much everything else seemed to annoy me lol.

Oct 14, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2022
TRC_Randy said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:

Agreed. The anime is just boring as shit if anything. It is not pretentious.

Oct 14, 2022 8:49 AM

Aug 2022
AnimeTyger said:
For me it’s Cowboy Bebop. I felt like it had little to no character development or growth. For me I found that it lacked a strong story to keep me invested and I found the episodic nature of the anime to be really boring especially with an interesting concept and world. Don’t get me wrong I’ve watched other episodic shows but they were able to keep me invested unlike Cowboy Bebop. So how about you what anime does everyone else love but you don’t?

Same, Cowboy Bebop. Tried watching it twice already in a span of 10 years or so. Furthest I've made it was 7 episodes.
I was gonna give it a 3rd chance in a couple more years, or maybe even sooner. Perhaps I wasn't in the right mood both times, it happens.
Oct 14, 2022 8:49 AM

May 2016
Oh look, it's Lukewarm Brainlet Contrarian Takes Thread #281953.

How original and new.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Oct 14, 2022 8:56 AM

Aug 2020
SaiteiDaOrette said:
TRC_Randy said:

The whole vibe of it. I think if I hear Cello Suites by Bach one more time, I think I’ll throw up.

There’s no doubt that the themes are pretty direct. That’s a good point. I just don’t care what it has to say because pretty much everything else seemed to annoy me lol.

LoveScope said:
TRC_Randy said:

I thought that was the point of the show that it revolves around the mc who's both lazy AND boring hence the vibe.
Oct 14, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2022
Definantly Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, I just couldn't get into it I powered through 42 episodes and dropped it. It was super dull to me
Oct 14, 2022 9:01 AM

Mar 2021
AnimeTyger said:
LoreMasterDan said:

I couldn’t finish it because of how they treated Simon and his grief. I just couldn’t get over how hateful some of the characters treated Simon and how he was handling his grief. It really irritatef me.
I'm sorry but did you watch past episode 11? Your problem gets resolved and the show gets massively better

Oct 14, 2022 9:05 AM

Apr 2022
TRC_Randy said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:

LoveScope said:

I thought that was the point of the show that it revolves around the mc who's both lazy AND boring hence the vibe.

Well they succeeded in making the entire anime be a reflection of the mc then.

Oct 14, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
It's got to be Your Lie in April for me :>
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Oct 14, 2022 9:09 AM

Oct 2010
I really didn't like Evangelion or KonoSuba.
Oct 14, 2022 9:12 AM
Jan 2022
One punch man, liked it a lot but i don't why some people are loving it that much.
Also the Fate series, but i am just at episode 12 of the first series, so i have inadquate knowledge about it
Oct 14, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2021
TRC_Randy said:
SaiteiDaOrette said:

LoveScope said:

To be fair though, perhaps some of my resentment towards Hyouka comes from being forced to watch the show Poirot non-stop at my grandparents’ house as a young kid. I’ll take the L on this one.
Oct 14, 2022 9:18 AM

Jul 2017
There's a million anime I can categorize here but gonna just name a few of them for a sample:

- Clannad After Story (whole of Clannad actually can be here)
- Hunter x Hunter 2011 (mainly for the Chimera Ant arc)
- Fruits Basket (original and full remake)
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
- Re:Zero
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Violet Evergarden
- Code Geass
- Jujutsu Kaisen/Demon Slayer
- Your Lie in April
- Mob Psycho 100/OPM
- Ranking of Kings

Some of these were a bit more frustrating than others given how I was watching with friends and I felt like the odd man out in the room, but yeah these generally have been really frustrating or bad for me to get through overall, whether it's a first time or even a rewatch to give it another shot after quite some time.
Oct 14, 2022 9:21 AM
Oct 2022
Paul_Foreign said:
AnimeTyger said:

I'm sorry but did you watch past episode 11? Your problem gets resolved and the show gets massively better

Maybe it gets better but I just can’t get past how those characters treated Simon and his grief.
Oct 14, 2022 9:28 AM

Aug 2020
SaiteiDaOrette said:
TRC_Randy said:

To be fair though, perhaps some of my resentment towards Hyouka comes from being forced to watch the show Poirot non-stop at my grandparents’ house as a young kid. I’ll take the L on this one.
bruh, no need to take it.

But honestly, i was kinda like you when i first watched Hyouka. Dropped it 5 eps in.
Oct 14, 2022 9:44 AM
Apr 2013
One Piece for me.
I knew I wouldnt like it even before I started watching it, but my roommate kept pestering me, saying "Oh its a good show, you should watch it", so I decided to give it a try, but like I thought, that anime isnt for me. Im someone who watches every anime to the end, even animes that I dont like, so now Im stuck watching that crap... T_T
Oct 14, 2022 9:50 AM
Oct 2022
Zelkiiro said:
Oh look, it's Lukewarm Brainlet Contrarian Takes Thread #281953.

How original and new.

Look it’s a new and original comment that hasn’t been posted before anywhere.
AnimeTygerOct 14, 2022 9:57 AM
Oct 14, 2022 9:54 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
I can elaborate on most of these entries if anyone's curious, but since I don't wanna exceed MAL's character limits I'll just stick to naming a few examples right now

Basically every popular ecchi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Beyond the Boundary
Pop Team Epic
Vivy Flourite Eye's Song
My greatest contribution to this website:
Oct 14, 2022 9:57 AM
Oct 2022
Kii_Ibarra said:
I can elaborate on most of these entries if anyone's curious, but since I don't wanna exceed MAL's character limits I'll just stick to naming a few examples right now

Basically every popular ecchi

So, you are fine with non-popular ecchi, huh? And I don't think Pop Team Epic is liked by many people.
Oct 14, 2022 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
I wasn't all that fond of Mob Psycho 100 except for Reigen's character
I haven't watched beyond the first season though because I don't anticipate myself enjoying the rest either
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Create Your Perfect Staff:

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

15 by SgtBateMan »»
8 minutes ago

» Nominate 1 character from your Favorites that would be the best at Butt Sumo, and nominate 1 that would be the worst

IpreferEcchi - Jun 17

13 by IpreferEcchi »»
12 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - Yesterday

30 by Adverrito »»
15 minutes ago

» Why were dubs on VHS cheaper than the subs back in the 90s and early 2000s?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

12 by MasterTasuke »»
18 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

139 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.