Forum Settings
Forums

Which place gives you the most sense of nostalgia?

New
May 8, 2022 3:16 PM
Dec 2017
Like a bolt from the blue its time for another threadview!!

Growing up, i've visited toys r us a lot and I've purchased lots of games and toys from them over the years and now its no longer in the states, but in Canada and especially in my province, and every time I visit there, I always get a kid like feeling each time I visit there and I've found some good deals there like Fire Emblem Shadows Of Valentia for 30 bucks is pretty good!

Now I’m still relatively new too retro gaming since I only gotten more into right after I left that god forsaken hellhole known as college. With all the spare time I have in the world, that also meant I get to focus more on something I really enjoy, which is gaming and also anime as well too and older ones too were the ones that got my interest. I got lots to talk about but I'll save those for another shill thread.Zelda does not need Gacha mechanics and you are a fucking gambling addict If it does I said it

Playing 2000s games as well gives me so much fun and nostalgia specially when the state of 2days gamez are in a state of total cancer trash fuckery. And even more so once you are into physical media like I am since nothing beats a physical copy.

Also, retro game stores as well too visiting them for good deals and I'm pretty sure among older users around here they must have lot of good childhood memories of the 2000s,90s and 80s periods of games and I guess you have youtubers like avgn and the smash bros trophies for cultivating and educating me in obscure Japanese games especially from the Nintendo side of things of the 2000s since that’s a gold mine of obscure stuff imo. Even better when they make sure its like the places you visited growing up like those gaming kiosks you would see in McDonalds which only a very small few of them have sadly. :/

Sides, indie game stores I like supporting since you never know what good deal you can find or something you had no fucking clue that fucking existed.

Outside of weeb stuff hm.... what else I can think about? Honestly not really anything else since I'm such a total anti social homebody I don’t have any family memories to speak of since the cycle of anti socialness is passed on from my parents to me lol.

Sorry if it may not be as detailed as the last few threads recently but this is what gives me the sense of nostalgia.

So which place gives you the most nostalgia? And explain why it is that gives you nostalgia.

happy posting!!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 8, 2022 7:06 PM
Dec 2017
bumping this thread so hopefully i can get some responses

May 8, 2022 7:07 PM

Mar 2020
the place that gives me most nostalgia is reading old 4chan posts from 10 years ago and looking at pixiv artworks from the games and other franchises I played back then
May 8, 2022 7:08 PM
Dec 2017
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
the place that gives me most nostalgia is reading old 4chan posts from 10 years ago and looking at pixiv artworks from the games and other franchises I played back then

4chan i've been reading since i was a kid and yeah i love looking at art from my favorite series.

May 8, 2022 9:58 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Probably the zoo in Japan that I used to visit all the time but obviosuly have not been able to in forever

May 8, 2022 10:10 PM
Dec 2017
ManWild said:
Probably the zoo in Japan that I used to visit all the time but obviosuly have not been able to in forever

Whelp i still have yet to visit Japan and f in chat for grape kun

May 9, 2022 3:13 AM

Dec 2018
oh airports for sure. mom n i would visit our home country annually and it's a pretty long flight (4 connected flights). nostalgic cuz it's been a long time since i've visited, so my memories of airports where from when i was a kid
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 9, 2022 3:24 AM

Apr 2018
Whenever I go to Six Flags. It just brings me back to the times of going with my family and enjoying myself. I miss being a kid.
May 9, 2022 3:40 AM

Aug 2018
a library nearby where i live. used to go to the library often.
May 9, 2022 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
My hometown. I'm not there a lot anymore, but whenever I'm there, especially on a warm and sunny day, I feel like I'm a high school student again walking home from school.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
May 9, 2022 5:47 AM
Dec 2017
kazuhaisbae said:
a library nearby where i live. used to go to the library often.

Same but now here i am a total homebody.

May 9, 2022 6:11 AM

Feb 2020
Cornwall, England.

My Uncle lived down there for years, and me & my Dad would visit & stay over. He lived in some beautiful houses, and my Dad would take me to Railway places whilst there. It's very different feeling as it has it's own flag & language, but yet isn't a Country. Everytime I hear it mentioned I think of my Uncle, even though he doesn't live there anymore (I think he lives in Wales? which is actually closer to me) [haven't really spoken to him again since my Dad died... he clashed with my mother sometimes, I don't think he has a problem with me though].
May 9, 2022 7:18 AM

Oct 2018
There’s this tree near my old house that had two random giant stuffed gorillas in it. It is strangely nostalgic for some reason.

May 9, 2022 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
Nostalgia gives me ->
Old polish meme videos (first one is reuploaded)

Video games such as Call of Duty 1, Quake 3, Tekken, Metin2, Minecraft (old version), League of Legends (old version), Knight's of the temple infernal crusade, Medieval 2 Total War, Wolfenstein Return to castle etc.

Old tv shows such as "4 pancernych i pies", "W11 Wydział Śledczy", "13 posterunek", "Świat według Kiepskich", "Czas Honoru" etc.

Buildings places where I used to be, for example building of my primary school, middle-school, highschool etc. etc.
May 9, 2022 9:31 AM
Dec 2017
Wavey_Nooby said:
Whenever I go to Six Flags. It just brings me back to the times of going with my family and enjoying myself. I miss being a kid.

Kingdom Hearts will have you feel that type of way.

May 9, 2022 9:32 AM
Dec 2017
Zettaiken said:
Nostalgia gives me ->
Old polish meme videos (first one is reuploaded)

Video games such as Call of Duty 1, Quake 3, Tekken, Metin2, Minecraft (old version), League of Legends (old version), Knight's of the temple infernal crusade, Medieval 2 Total War, Wolfenstein Return to castle etc.

Old tv shows such as "4 pancernych i pies", "W11 Wydział Śledczy", "13 posterunek", "Świat według Kiepskich", "Czas Honoru" etc.

Buildings places where I used to be, for example building of my primary school, middle-school, highschool etc. etc.

I don't give a fuck bout any of the other games you listed but tekken but lol bring back the arcade stuff.

May 9, 2022 9:48 AM

Mar 2021
Hoenn. Somehow it's always Hoenn.‎‎‎
May 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Jan 2016
The library. My mom used to take me and my siblings each week for story time. And the place has this really cool spiral staircase that always stuck out to me as a child. They recently tore down most of the library and remodeled it. People were furious at first, thinking they were going to get rid of the spiral staircase. But they made sure to keep that part of the building.
May 9, 2022 11:22 AM
Dec 2017
mandylorian said:
The library. My mom used to take me and my siblings each week for story time. And the place has this really cool spiral staircase that always stuck out to me as a child. They recently tore down most of the library and remodeled it. People were furious at first, thinking they were going to get rid of the spiral staircase. But they made sure to keep that part of the building.

Yeah the library i would also say gives me nostalgia as well.

May 9, 2022 11:49 AM
Dec 2017
Icetype said:
Hoenn. Somehow it's always Hoenn.‎‎‎

Old school pokemon always over new school one.

May 9, 2022 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Disneyland, the happiest place on earth
May 9, 2022 5:39 PM

Mar 2021
A field owned by a family a short distance away.

May 9, 2022 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
Back in the days when they were still around, Internet Cafes did bring me a lot of nostalgia. Back when I was 13-16 yo I used to play Counter-Strike and WoW for hours maybe the entire day, and sometimes pull all-nighters there.

OG menu for OG FPS gamers.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
May 9, 2022 8:28 PM

Sep 2019
Shopping malls, used to go to them all the time as a kid with my family, now most of them are dead.
May 9, 2022 8:57 PM
Dec 2017
Zayvex said:
Shopping malls, used to go to them all the time as a kid with my family, now most of them are dead.

Online shopping is after all the best thing in existence.

May 10, 2022 12:05 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Probably the beach and the sea. It's as if they call to me sometimes. I like to go there just to take in the noises and the sights, the smell. It's somehow refreshing and I'm definitely due for another visit sometime soon.
May 10, 2022 12:48 AM

Jul 2021
Virgin Megastore downtown. I remember when it opened and was the new attraction. My dad would drop me off and I would get lost for hours. I would always find myself at the 3rd floor bookstore & manga section. I read some Ranma manga, weird ass doujinshi that my 13 yo self should not have been reading, books on movies and pop culture. There was a big anime section full of laserdiscs and VHS tapes. I remember looking over the aisles of it an thinking that I'd never be able to watch all of it. Now I can thanks to streaming!
May 10, 2022 1:05 AM

Apr 2018
Crow_Black said:
Wavey_Nooby said:

Funny thing is that I didn't play Kingdom Hearts as a kid because I don't like Disney characters like Mickey and Goofy. I only play them now to get my FF JRPG fix
May 10, 2022 4:32 AM
Dec 2017
Wavey_Nooby said:
Crow_Black said:

Funny thing is that I didn't play Kingdom Hearts as a kid because I don't like Disney characters like Mickey and Goofy. I only play them now to get my FF JRPG fix

KH was how i got into FF and at the time i didn't thought anime stuff or disney would work but hey somehow it did.

May 10, 2022 4:38 AM
Jan 2022
Crow_Black said:
bumping this thread so hopefully i can get some responses
Necro man necro my thread thats on the second page with no replies
Read it and weep. Your ethnicity and culture are weak.
May 10, 2022 2:31 PM
Dec 2017
barsoapguy219 said:
Virgin Megastore downtown. I remember when it opened and was the new attraction. My dad would drop me off and I would get lost for hours. I would always find myself at the 3rd floor bookstore & manga section. I read some Ranma manga, weird ass doujinshi that my 13 yo self should not have been reading, books on movies and pop culture. There was a big anime section full of laserdiscs and VHS tapes. I remember looking over the aisles of it an thinking that I'd never be able to watch all of it. Now I can thanks to streaming!

Laserdiscs and vhs now thats really bringing up some memories i miss those days.

May 10, 2022 2:56 PM

Dec 2008
My old neighborhood. Some deserted areas next to a highway. My village. The desert.
May 10, 2022 2:59 PM
Dec 2017
Ranacchi said:
Probably the beach and the sea. It's as if they call to me sometimes. I like to go there just to take in the noises and the sights, the smell. It's somehow refreshing and I'm definitely due for another visit sometime soon.

I'm sorry but i immediatly thought of this scene from kh in my least favorite section of the game lol.

May 10, 2022 5:23 PM

Aug 2019
ah, these places make me nostalgic.

May 10, 2022 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
Driving by my old middle school gives me the most nostalgia. I can literally see how we were talking in front of its door, I know which window has been ours and remember dumb stuff and all.
May 10, 2022 8:04 PM

Dec 2021
any place that overlooks the city, makes me feel at peace and looks so much better at night. shit has me thinking about my future and what i should do before its too late
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
May 10, 2022 8:39 PM
Dec 2017
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Driving by my old middle school gives me the most nostalgia. I can literally see how we were talking in front of its door, I know which window has been ours and remember dumb stuff and all.

It gives me nostalgia but not in a good way and instead i just laugh like tidus anytime i pass by them because my school years sucked. And oh god forbid i like BSD at that school because that would have been seen as a girly and gay stuff and this was before i became a huge bl fan. And even then i just found the rules for thee not for me mentality of the culture just beyond stupid. :/ And well thats a huge factor in why i subscribe to athiesm.

And i can remember details as well too on certain areas as well too.

So long story short i relate where you are coming from but not in the way you must have been in school.

May 10, 2022 9:46 PM

Jan 2017
I don't think any specific type of place but most likely places/area I've visited in the past.

Which is the main reason I plan on eventually returning to the US, not to live there but just to come back to old places.
May 13, 2022 10:34 AM
Dec 2017
removed-user said:
Disneyland, the happiest place on earth

Well was the happiest place on earth.

May 14, 2022 4:58 AM

Aug 2007
Second-hand book shops which you can find inside malls throughout the country where I am from. It is my place to go during free break next to university libraries.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

May 25, 2022 6:16 PM
Dec 2017
Monotonous said:
Second-hand book shops which you can find inside malls throughout the country where I am from. It is my place to go during free break next to university libraries.

I love visiting second hand shops as well too.

May 25, 2022 6:18 PM
Dec 2017
kihel said:
A field owned by a family a short distance away.

Wonder what life in Japan must be like for you.

May 25, 2022 9:01 PM

Feb 2022
Probably my old school or the playground I used to play with my brother.
May 25, 2022 9:19 PM
Oct 2015
Most probably school. I know it's a cliche answer, but it's truth tbh. Some of my best and worst memories come from school. Sometimes, I regret doing something and feel I could've done that differently. Doesn't matter. Life can't be undone. You must learn from the mistakes and move on.
Also want to see my old buddies and teachers. Might be a wholesome moment.
May 25, 2022 9:22 PM
Dec 2017
Atargatis said:
Most probably school. I know it's a cliche answer, but it's truth tbh. Some of my best and worst memories come from school. Sometimes, I regret doing something and feel I could've done that differently. Doesn't matter. Life can't be undone. You must learn from the mistakes and move on.
Also want to see my old buddies and teachers. Might be a wholesome moment.

I wouldn't bother honestly people never change and nobody really does learn from the past in my experience best just leave them alone and focus on your own life instead.

May 26, 2022 2:48 PM
Dec 2017
Zayvex said:

Just passing by to say that xxxholic set is really dope.

May 26, 2022 2:52 PM

Sep 2010
My parents garden/yard I guess. Also playing old Pokémon games but that's not a place.
May 26, 2022 2:52 PM
Dec 2017
atxt said:
My parents garden/yard I guess. Also playing old Pokémon games but that's not a place.

The older pokemon games, are indeed great.

May 26, 2022 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
My old neighborhood. I like visiting it every now and then, especially since one of my two best friends lives there.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
May 26, 2022 4:42 PM
Dec 2017
daky-kun said:
My old neighborhood. I like visiting it every now and then, especially since one of my two best friends lives there.

Whenever i pass by old neighbourhood it changed alot when last i visited went from drug den to now middle class haven.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - 2 hours ago

8 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Any former posters from the Crunchyroll Comment Section make it over here?

Trivia-man-Frank - Sep 14

11 by Trivia-man-Frank »»
6 minutes ago

» How do you live nostalgia?

Zakatsuki_ - 9 minutes ago

0 by Zakatsuki_ »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » the internet is full of hate? ( 1 2 )

deg - Sep 17

55 by RareAnimeHunter »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you read manga, watch anime or do both?

19R0CKST4R - Jul 17

36 by DesuMaiden »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.