Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2022 1:49 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
We not going to talk about how Annie's in a lowkey stockholm relationship with her father thinly disguised as tough love
Armin really going through it with the imposter syndrome.

Slow action episode, but they're really holding the tension by a thread.
Feb 20, 2022 1:50 PM

Feb 2021
This episode's colouring was really amazing! It was superbly good!

Ahh Annie is back - Hange and Levi are back - Floch is back with his shenanigans -_- lol

Annie's character development is looked off upon for some reason but I can see how she's tired of not showing interest in anything.
Kaya and Gabi ^ Aaaah the redemption arc for Gabi was just too good.
Armin snapping off in a calm way was interesting but nah don't say things like "Erwin was supposed to be alive", and Mikasa's scarf is gone 0.0
Connie man ffs :P
Hange's so goofy I love how Hange came back btw xd
Feb 20, 2022 2:00 PM

Jan 2021
This episode is the best so far, almost made me tear up

I'm rooting for Falco to make it back alive rn

Also I'm glad that Armin acknowledged that Erwin should've been to one to come back, even though the situation seems helpless either way, he made some nice points in his speech to Mikasa though

Feb 20, 2022 2:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was nice to see Annie back, and also that end of episode with Hange and Levi!! Though it was frustrating to see Floch like that
Feb 20, 2022 2:05 PM

Jan 2021
xenosys said:
A decent episode. We were due a change of pace after the chaos of the last half dozen episodes this season.

So Annie was able to hear everything Armin and Hitch had spoken to her about as she sat encased in her crystal, so understands what's happening at the moment. The conversation with her 'father' was a nice-call back to S1 before right before Eren was capture her.

Interesting line at the start of the episode by the Eldian people about the Colossals following a set line formation as they leave the island as to avoid trampling on Eldians as they leave the island. It would explain why we're still getting never-ending rows of titans passing by Shiganshina hours later.

The Gabi/Kaya conversation was pretty wholesome, and Armin on the verge of cracking is an interesting character development from him given he's been able to rise above that throughout most S4 after the time-skip.

I've never really been too interested in Connie as a character, so I'm not too invested about where Isayama is taking his arc at the moment. but that may change next episode.

A Pieck/Magath/Levi/Hange team-up incoming?

Floch trying his best to extend the 2000 years of conflict for another 2000 years.

8/10 episode from me.
perfect take
floch really be doing the most
I like armin's development too, he seems a little bit more like a person of action now
Feb 20, 2022 2:08 PM
Aug 2014
jaunis said:
Not gonna lie, Floch is pretty based.

I hope Jean takes the coward's head.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraFeb 22, 2022 10:26 AM
Feb 20, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2017
jaunis said:
shayed__ said:

my mans gave demon slayer s2 a 9 out of 10 and talks about how much plot armor the main cast has nowadays when demon slayer s2 was the pinnacle of plot armor which is commonly memed about.
It begins. Demon slayer is a shonen anime and it doesn't try to be nearly as serious as seinen anime like Attack on Titan. You're comparing shows like Arcane to the last airbender, you can't rate them the same. They are very different shows. You can't expect, nor should you, an Attack on Titan level plot from something as basic as Demon slayer, you have to rate it for what it is.

But that dont make no sense homie... Brushing off a weak plot and justifying it becuase it is a shounen just dont make no seeeeeense. My standards are not going to change just because the show has a shounen tag? Like that just sounds dumb as fuck. Look Im trying to understand your point of view.. you see I get that people really love demon slayer, i can see why that is, but most people that are so deeply in love with it are people that are newer to anime, who haven't seen that much, and aren't as familiar with these tropes etc. Heck the mugen train movie completely subverted my expectations and didnt have weak plotarmor moments. its just a shame that the author did not continue with that. by your logic youre saying "yea demon slayers plot makes no sense, its filled with plot armor "by the power of will" type of shit, but its shounen so the poor plot is excused.. 9 out of 10. Nah it makes no sense no matter how you look at it. You see, I can sort of see what youre saying like being unable to directly compare certain genres with eachother like you cant really compare a slife of lice romance with a shounen.. Both are meant to evoke different types of feelings in you. But giving a show with weak plot a 9 and excusing it because it stems from a certain genre is not it. It's not like shounens cant have a good plot. But whatever everyone rates their shit differnetly I guess you just dont care that much about plot and more about fast paced action with good animation. Thats fine but dont come and drag aot like that when you endorse other shows with x100 times worse plot
Feb 20, 2022 2:23 PM

Apr 2020
This episode reminded me Floch was more Eren than Eren himself heh

Yes Armin, they saved the wrong person. Erwin was 10x better than you.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 20, 2022 2:24 PM
Apr 2021
just re-read the manga so thought this was the same episode as last weak...
Feb 20, 2022 2:26 PM

Nov 2020
That insert at the end, this is getting more interesting every time.
Feb 20, 2022 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
I like how Hange just rools up and is like "Um excuse me..." Right to Pieck in Titan form LOL classic.

Well Armin had a chance to make himself look cool for once but sadly he ruined it by saying "I shouldn't have been brought back to life" yeah...you shouldn't have.

And they say there's no fanservice in AoT.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 20, 2022 2:30 PM
Jan 2021
LockHowl said:
jaunis said:
Not gonna lie, Floch is pretty based.

How is floch, someone who charged to his Death, scared af, a coward?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KarinaraFeb 22, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 20, 2022 2:34 PM
Apr 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Lol at people complaining that the chapters they dislike are getting a great adaptation. LOL
Morelike complaining that Annie's backstory got a better adaptation than Reiner's who's an infinitely more important character.

MAPPA can't save the narrative of next week's episode.

reiner hasn't been relevant for a long time. galliard could have taken his position if they didn't throw him in the dirt and make him a tool just to give eren the whatever titan.
Feb 20, 2022 2:36 PM
May 2021
Flocke is crazy... that b*stard

Much about this episode was so stirrin, but the end! I'll pray for Levi's and Hange's life. Hopefully Hajime Isayama won't crush my hopes again :'(

I'm also excited for Annie action... and a question: Is her father actually dead now?
Feb 20, 2022 2:39 PM
May 2021
SoraSenpai said:
I like how Hange just rools up and is like "Um excuse me..." Right to Pieck in Titan form LOL classic.

Well Armin had a chance to make himself look cool for once but sadly he ruined it by saying "I shouldn't have been brought back to life" yeah...you shouldn't have.

And they say there's no fanservice in AoT.

damn the niveau has sunken again xD
Feb 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2020
I think this is the first time we see Armin lose his composure with Mikasa and snap.. It's sad how they're all confused and slowly starting to feed on Floch's words. Except for maybe Armin who's trying to do something, the rest are slowly giving up and their will to do anything to halt the rumbling is starting to fade away.

Armin's words are proof that Eren's plan is worth jack shit.. People (as in Eldians) are dying, the titan powers remain, and internal conflict on who controls them will arise. Not to forget the clashes within Eldians themselves who are pro and anti-rumbling..

The OG OST that played with Annie's small monologue takes me back to the first 3 seasons, really really glad MAPPA is doing much better with their music selection and putting the old but gold OSTs to work.

I guess these episodes will keep building up for something important in the future.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Feb 20, 2022 2:40 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Armin's snap, Jean's despair, Floch's madness, Conney's deception, everything's falling into chaos.
Feb 20, 2022 2:41 PM

Jul 2021
spacemooth said:
barsoapguy219 said:

I like your take on the episode.

I know that Annie was a villain in S1 but I was hoping that she and Hitch would recall some sort of friendship. Annie needed a hug so badly. Gabi and Kaya hugging was made up for it.

Floch is annoying but he shouldn't die. He's an interesting character and I'm eager to see how his story will play out.

Agree on Connie. When he explained himself, I thought "oh my god, you're going crazy too?" We only have 5 episodes left to wrap up the entire story. I hope we get good, satisfying ending.

i think there will be a movie to close the story out, doesn't seem like ending AOT completely in five episodes is possible

It's taken me so much willpower to not read the mangas and spoil the anime. If they are going to need a movie to wrap up, I might have to dig into the manga.
Feb 20, 2022 2:49 PM

Jul 2021
samashi20 said:
I think this is the first time we see Armin lose his composure with Mikasa and snap.. It's sad how they're all confused and slowly starting to feed on Floch's words. Except for maybe Armin who's trying to do something, the rest are slowly giving up and their will to do anything to halt the rumbling is starting to fade away.

Armin's words are proof that Eren's plan is worth jack shit.. People (as in Eldians) are dying, the titan powers remain, and internal conflict on who controls them will arise. Not to forget the clashes within Eldians themselves who are pro and anti-rumbling..

The OG OST that played with Annie's small monologue takes me back to the first 3 seasons, really really glad MAPPA is doing much better with their music selection and putting the old but gold OSTs to work.

I guess these episodes will keep building up for something important in the future.

I thought Armin was going to make Mikasa cry. But then I remembered that only Ereh can do that.
Feb 20, 2022 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
LEVI PLOT ARMOR BAYBEEEEEEEE. I wasn't even expecting much from that and was still disappointed lmao

but damn, gotta feel bad for falco always ending up trusting the sketchy people lol. Armin too, so much shit is going on and he doesn't really have a solid grasp on anything inb4 he nakama's his way to victory

as for Annie's sob story.....yeahhhhhh can't really get behind an abusive father who wanted to exploit his own adoptive daughter kekw
Feb 20, 2022 3:03 PM
Nov 2019
It's an average episode as expected because of its content but Mappa is doing an extremely great job adapting these episodes actually. Please can we take some moments to appreciate how Mappa is handling the rumbling?

The rumbling scenes and every scene with the colossal titans in it are... I can't find anyway to describe them other than "hauntingly beautiful". They really managed to capture the horrifying feeling of the rumbling from the manga and not only that but they also managed to elevate it. I trusted Mappa with the rumbling since they are one of the best when it comes to using CG, but I never expected it to be that good actually.
Feb 20, 2022 3:07 PM
Nov 2021
Nooo Armin don't say you shouldn't have been the one to come back, you are so precious.

Also Annie is a great character, can't wait to see more of her :D I'm so glad she's back.

Hange and Levi<3

This episode was soooooo amazing :D
Feb 20, 2022 3:09 PM

Jul 2020
good ep imo. things turn into chaos for sure both in paradis and on the other side. Annie's return. connie being selfish and for armin who snapped because of mikasa. i also love how floch is obsessed he is with freedom thing
Feb 20, 2022 3:18 PM
Jan 2015
This episode actually felt all over the place..alot happened yet nothing happened is the only way to describe it
Feb 20, 2022 3:22 PM

Aug 2019
Does anyone else think Hange's voice sound weird?
Did her voice actress change or am I just imagining things
Feb 20, 2022 3:30 PM

Feb 2017
wow lots of crazy things happening but more importantly HANGE AND LEVI LIVE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

placeholder text
Feb 20, 2022 3:35 PM
Aug 2014
imbAF said:
LockHowl said:

That was Erwin's leadership in play, NOT Flochs bravery lmao. Erwin was capable of making crouching cowards straighten up.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KarinaraFeb 22, 2022 10:28 AM
Feb 20, 2022 3:41 PM

Sep 2014
LockHowl said:
imbAF said:

That was Erwin's leadership in play, NOT Flochs bravery lmao. Erwin was capable of making crouching cowards straighten up.

Being scared shitless but acting anyway is the definition of bravery. Every member of the scouts/cadets that charged to their deaths, were brave regardless if Erwin inspired them or not. Floch is many things, coward is not one of them.
Feb 20, 2022 3:43 PM

Oct 2020
imbAF said:
LockHowl said:

If by 'based' you mean a mad psycho who used people who wanted to save paradis alongside their homelands only to be betrayed and killed then sure but that's not the definition I have. I hope Jean takes the coward's head.

Floch definitely was a coward. Not anymore tho.
Feb 20, 2022 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
...This is complicated.
Very good chapter.
And also the background shots made by MAPPA, GREAT!
Feb 20, 2022 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
Kaguyachinchin said:
We not going to talk about how Annie's in a lowkey stockholm relationship with her father thinly disguised as tough love

Stockholm relationship implies that her father didn't care and was only using her, which is clearly not the case.
Feb 20, 2022 3:58 PM
Aug 2014
majinale said:
LockHowl said:

Being scared shitless but acting anyway is the definition of bravery. Every member of the scouts/cadets that charged to their deaths, were brave regardless if Erwin inspired them or not. Floch is many things, coward is not one of them.

How are you dealing with his lies to Jean that Levi and friends are all dead "unfortunately"? He's lying to them to keep them tame and on his side and not look for them but as soon as Jean realizes he tried to slay Hange and Levi, he's gonna get his ass handed to him. That's what a coward does: betray allies and lie.

Bravery was the unnamed volunteer who stared down the barrel of the gun and said he'd rather die than bow and did not fear the death he was given. Cowardice is fear that people who were wronged could not be controlled.

Idk man, everything about floch screams coward to me.
LockHowlFeb 20, 2022 4:07 PM
Feb 20, 2022 4:07 PM

Dec 2009
Aaaaah, Levi is coming back! Hange's looking good too! :D And the Akuma no Ko ending with the instrumental version is super cool, I love it!
Feb 20, 2022 4:11 PM
Oct 2019
Kaya and Gabi hug...

No.. Falco saying thank you and Connie bring him to death... damn
Feb 20, 2022 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
LockHowl said:
majinale said:

How are you dealing with his lies to Jean that Levi and friends are all dead "unfortunately"? He's lying to them to keep them tame and on his side and not look for them but as soon as Jean realizes he tried to slay Hange and Levi, he's gonna get his ass handed to him. That's what a coward does: betray allies and lie.

You might want to take a look at the definition of a coward. Can you call him insincere? yes. A liar? definitely. Deceitful? also yes. A coward he is not.
Feb 20, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 2020
Welcome back Annie
Feb 20, 2022 4:21 PM

Sep 2020
i already knew levi was alive because i've read the manga but i was still happy seeing him and hange again lol. hange was pretty funny in the few seconds we got to see them and when they called levi a "harmless fellow who refuses to die," it warmed my heart :') i love those two so much
Feb 20, 2022 4:22 PM
Aug 2014
majinale said:
LockHowl said:

You might want to take a look at the definition of a coward. Can you call him insincere? yes. A liar? definitely. Deceitful? also yes. A coward he is not.

coward [ kou-erd ]
noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, *opposition*, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Here you go. Now I go back to my previous comments.
Feb 20, 2022 4:47 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao remember when this chapter dropped a couple years ago and r/titanfolk went crazy over that armin “idk, think for yourself” line. The memes were amazing
Feb 20, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2021
I'm kinda confused about this one thing and nobody mentions it but in the manga, the current events are happens in the Stohess District but in anime it's Trost. Why is this change made? Like wasn't Annie being kept in Stohess all along? Or is it just a mistake of subs?

Anime scene
Manga scene
MastermindWeabooFeb 20, 2022 5:00 PM
Feb 20, 2022 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
Average episode.

Don't really care much for Annie, so dumping her backstory after all this time did nothing for me, felt contrived.

Armin, at least acknowledges he's a useless character, nice he finally yelled for the first tim in forever, but doubt he's going to do much else besides saving that kid. Jesus we lost Erwin for this dude

Glad, Hange is still alive
Feb 20, 2022 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
Annie is as Precious as ever, glad to see her back.
Also Levi is back!
Knew he won't die that easily.
Now what is Hange deal? Is She trying to make some Plot against Eren with Marlay? As usual that was a close call with Hange evading Pieck, she just can't get enough of her Titans.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 20, 2022 4:58 PM

Mar 2021
Gabi and Kaya hugging was so wholesome. How far have we come.

I don’t necessarily agree with Floch, but I gotta say. Any scene that involves him is an interesting scene.

I feel so bad for both Mikasa and Armin. Both are going thru so much.
Poor girl Mikasa doesn’t even know what she should be doing :( and then she even appologized :(
I can understand Armin’s breakdown. Though I am annoyed by his constant whining that “muh there is another way, let’s stop this”… I can’t act surprised, that’s just how Armin is. He really has too much on his mind right now, just as he said.

Can’t wait to see why the next episode’s chapter is so infamous!

Feb 20, 2022 4:58 PM

Mar 2021
Gabi and Kaya hugging was so wholesome. How far have we come.

I don’t necessarily agree with Floch, but I gotta say. Any scene that involves him is an interesting scene.

I feel so bad for both Mikasa and Armin. Both are going thru so much.
Poor girl Mikasa doesn’t even know what she should be doing :( and then she even appologized :(
I can understand Armin’s breakdown. Though I am annoyed by his constant whining that “muh there is another way, let’s stop this”… I can’t act surprised, that’s just how Armin is. He really has too much on his mind right now, just as he said.

Can’t wait to see why the next episode’s chapter is so infamous!

Feb 20, 2022 5:12 PM

Aug 2018
Ok not gonna lie, I didn't know that Flocke could turn from my most hated to my most liked AoT characters in just one episode.

All in all, I liked the episode actually. The dialogue pacing was very nice in this episode. I kinda liked it more than the other episodes of this season. It felt more organic, if you know what I mean. Can't wait for the next episode! See ya in a week!

Edit: I forgot that they just cut out the background noises in the dialogue between Annie and Hitch. I know why it was like that but it still felt weird to not hear anything.
DnisifyFeb 20, 2022 5:47 PM
Feb 20, 2022 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
After so many years Annie is back, wow!
Also, love when she's riding the horse and you can see the casual background of millions of titans walking lmao

I don't believe that Connie will be able to feed Falco to his mother, but we'll see i guess.

Poor Mikasa, she has to face her questions/issues alone, since basically nothing else matters.

Oh and my boy Levi is back, let's see what will happen.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 20, 2022 5:39 PM
Feb 2022
LockHowl said:
majinale said:

coward [ kou-erd ]
noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, *opposition*, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Here you go. Now I go back to my previous comments.
you'll soon understand Floch is not a coward. I don't want to spoil you
Feb 20, 2022 5:42 PM

Aug 2020
Hyped episode. Levi and Hange is still alive. The ratings are so high holy

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 20, 2022 5:47 PM

Apr 2021
Annie's back and talks about her past with Hitch and then we have Armin whose determined to stop Connie but the best part of this episode was seeing Levi again :)
Feb 20, 2022 6:05 PM

Apr 2015
Did Annie age while she was crystallized? Or is she just really tired now lol
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who is the best wifu of all time ??? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Jun 22

52 by neel_senpai »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

543 by kiyomi-dead- »»
Jun 18, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.