Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

(Anime only) so many people r telling that aot will go downgrade after chapter 124 or something ig so does it get really bad like game of thrones or it just little downgrade and why do u hate the ending so much

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 31, 2022 7:49 AM
Dec 2021
Please no spoilers for anime only does aot will really go downhill after 124 I mean in a way like got or just a little bit and why do u hate the ending so much and if mappa which I hope they will stretch out the ending to make it more sense will it be better( no spoilers please)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2022 7:53 AM

Feb 2020
how can i not spoiler you with this kind of question?

just don't care for this idiots and just enjoy your series.

btw i think the ending is okay, not perfect but satisfying.
specially with Isayamas extra pages.
Jan 31, 2022 7:56 AM
Mar 2019
Lots of retconning going on, pushing an incestuous relationship, turning women into token prizes, disregarding plot points such as Annie's crimes(unlike Reiner, who gets shit on for everything) just so Isayama can have his self-insert, Armin, live out his life with his waifu.
You also have scenes where Zeke's rock throws kill noone whereas before that they killed the entire Scout regiment together with its Commander, Erwin. It's all a big, dirty mess when compared to the brilliance of previous chapters.

Oh and after everything it turns out that King Floch was always right, I'll leave that up for your own interpretation.
Jan 31, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2017
They leave the world in a terrible state. People complain about the Code Geass ending when that made more sense than anything here with it's flaws. The characters come off as morons or were completely out of character. That is about all I can really say without spoilers. Honestly as an anime only just go into it yourself. Every time I hear something has a bad ending or bad arc whatever I just see for myself. Don't let us persuade you.
BilboBaggins365Jan 31, 2022 8:04 AM
Jan 31, 2022 8:12 AM
Mar 2021
Its goated....
If you genuinely love this show will respect the ending and love it also if u dont waana get spoiled just wait and see the anime you'll make your won opinion..
It wasn't perfect but it's a great conclusion for the show....
Jan 31, 2022 8:17 AM

May 2021
And yes right here folks,
GONNA BE THE BIRTH OF ANOTHER TOXIC THREAD
Can't wt for haters to fk it up lets go!!
Jan 31, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2021
How do you expect us to answer your question without spoiling it? I don't know how to put the spoiler filter so I'll just hit enter a couple of times. Don't read the messages below if you don't wish to spoil the show for yourself

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraFeb 3, 2022 2:45 AM
Jan 31, 2022 8:21 AM

Nov 2021
Bruh literally said everything in title lmao

(Desktop mode) โฌ‡๏ธ

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jan 31, 2022 8:22 AM

Aug 2019
I thought the chapters between 124 and 129 were fine, not peak AoT, but still solid enough. It peaks again at 130-131, and then the last 8 chapters are up for debate.
Jan 31, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
All I'm gonna say that it won't be nearly as bad as GoT. Final season turned into a sitcom xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2022 8:25 AM

Dec 2017
Don't worry, the cries mostly come from a loud minority who got butthurt because their horrible headcanon didn't come true.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 31, 2022 8:30 AM

Sep 2019
Peak Aot is chaptahs 126,137,138 and 139. I don't consider other epidas or chaptahs peak fiction imo(in my onion).
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 31, 2022 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Just wait for the anime to finish and judge it for yourself bro. Some people hate the ending some people like it, it’s subjective.
Jan 31, 2022 8:31 AM
Jan 2021
don't worry , it is above than good , don't listen to some dumbass who telling you this , just watch it and judge it by yourself
Jan 31, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2021
Sujal234 said:
GamoYeager01 said:
Please no spoilers for anime only does aot will really go downhill after 124 I mean in a way like got or just a little bit and why do u hate the ending so much and if mappa which I hope they will stretch out the ending to make it more sense will it be better( no spoilers please)
It obviously does not go like game of thrones like but it goes little like regular/ average because since that chp almost all the suspence/mystery is totally revealed so that's it.
but still it feels really good to see it
Jan 31, 2022 8:33 AM
May 2018
GamoYeager01 said:
Please no spoilers for anime only does aot will really go downhill after 124 I mean in a way like got or just a little bit and

Things calm down a little after chapter 124 as the story starts building up for its final climax. But it's still as good as ever until chapter 134. 135-138 are a little bit controversial, 137 in particular. The real disappointment was 139, the final chapter. So up until the final episode, possibly the final two episodes, there is no downgrade to worry about.

GamoYeager01 said:
why do u hate the ending so much and if mappa which I hope they will stretch out the ending to make it more sense will it be better( no spoilers please)

I disliked the ending because it felt very underwhelming and anticlimactic. Some parts also didn't really seem to make sense, but because the ending was so underwhelming, I didn't even feel inclined to think about it. The ending made me just want to move on and not think about AoT at all.

Jan 31, 2022 8:33 AM

Dec 2017
aotisgoat23 said:
And yes right here folks,
GONNA BE THE BIRTH OF ANOTHER TOXIC THREAD
Can't wt for haters to fk it up lets go!!
There is one already, several posts above yours. :)

Shiroyasha_8 said:
How do you expect us to answer your question without spoiling it? I don't know how to put the spoiler filter so I'll just hit enter a couple of times. Don't read the messages below if you don't wish to spoil the show for yourself

I disagree. These opinions actually come from people who are either fine with the ending or straight up love it, hence hoping that the anime would fix the issue with pacing, etc. Whereas the haters are whining for different reasons altogether.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

Jan 31, 2022 8:36 AM
Nov 2019
I said it before and I will say it again. Anime-onlies are going to be more tolerant of the ending than manga readers. A huge part of the shitshow that followed the ending can be attributed to the absurdly huge amounts of ending theories manga readers used to theorize. Unlike GoT which had a bad ending coming since season 5, Isayama just happened to decide a certain take for the ending just at the very end "more like the last 8 chapters, everything before that was just great" which didn't satisfy a lot of fans.

I bet you, if the manga ending gets animated, anime-onlies are gonna be like: "Eh? Was that it? It was not so bad as manga readers made it sound to be!!". That's because manga readers are really overreacting, yeah the ending is not something as a "masterpiece", but some people found it at least satisfying. Personally, I would prefer an anime original ending under Isayama's supervision, but I won't have high hopes for this.
Jan 31, 2022 8:44 AM
Feb 2017
Tbh I'm more on the negative side for how I see the series but it doesn't really get that bad. I mean, something like Demon Slayer is doing well so I'm sure people will like what comes next
It's Aiko!!!!
Jan 31, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
Relax it isn't that bad as GOT S8 (hard to find something that can be worse than GOT S8 tbh) In term of quality I would more compare it to GOT S5 and S6 (majority of the upcoming chapters) and S7(ending's chapters)
Jan 31, 2022 8:53 AM
Jan 2021
There is nothing downgrade in chapter 124,125,127 (phenomenal),128,129,130,131. They are clowns. But you'll see it yourself
Jan 31, 2022 8:57 AM

Mar 2021
The ending is very average. If you combine what is a masterclass of storytelling with an average ending then the ending will obviously seem even worse. At least in my experience I expected AOT to break my expectations like it always did but instead it did exactly what I expected (Or maybe it's unexpected since I always expected the unexpected from AOT๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”).

The last chapter was also rushed af. Because of that many things seemed confusing or seemingly out of nowhere to me at least but after my reread most things made sense. My biggest gripe are certain things that were unnecessary, weren't elaborated further on and had no good payoff.

Many manga readers also had like 100 theories and headcanons that were wrong which probably added to the hate of the ending. Imo they're overreacting a bit tho. If you go into it with an open mind then the ending won't ruin AOT for you I think. Even though I think the ending wasn't that good I still have AOT as a 10/10 since you rlly can't deny the greatness of what came before it imo.
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jan 31, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
Storytelling suffers in general. But there are also objective plot holes, and plot contrivances. Just let me point out one small thing:
Jan 31, 2022 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
Xilver said:
Storytelling suffers in general. But there are also objective plot holes, and plot contrivances. Just let me point out one small thing:

It is not: Foreshadowed in two occasions 1 or 2 years before. name falco=falcon, general asking if they ever had those sort of titans in chapter 93, also if you eat zeke you inherit the beast titan. Xaver's titan was a ram, Zeke's a monkey, falco had beast titan DNA in his system + took another titan. All the conditions were met for him. But I guess you do you
Jan 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
imbAF said:
Xilver said:

XilverJan 31, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 31, 2022 9:33 AM

Dec 2020
@GamoYeager01 after ch 123 things are gonna cool down for a bit. Chapters 124 to 129 are mostly 7/10 chapters or less. But ch 130-131 are a solid 10. And after that everything just goes downhill.

Peeti said:
Peak Aot is chaptahs 126,137,138 and 139. I don't consider other epidas or chaptahs peak fiction imo(in my onion).
lmao, liked your humour.
Jan 31, 2022 9:43 AM
Mar 2019
To keep it blunt and spoilerless:

Yes, the story will go downhill. We still have a few amazing episodes ahead of us though, and part 2 will end before the more serious problems would arise. That being said, it's nowhere near as bad as many manga readers make it out to be. Isayama definitely did not pull off a Code Geass level, virtually perfect ending, but it's not something that'd ruin the essence of the show and the long and amazing road we had through these 80 or so episodes.

I'm my opinion, it's not a good ending but one I can accept and be content with. Attack on Titan was way too amazing of an adventure for me, enough so to entirely overlook and forgive the very messy final arc.
Jan 31, 2022 10:02 AM
Jan 2021
Hello229 said:
To keep it blunt and spoilerless:

Yes, the story will go downhill. We still have a few amazing episodes ahead of us though, and part 2 will end before the more serious problems would arise. That being said, it's nowhere near as bad as many manga readers make it out to be. Isayama definitely did not pull off a Code Geass level, virtually perfect ending, but it's not something that'd ruin the essence of the show and the long and amazing road we had through these 80 or so episodes.

I'm my opinion, it's not a good ending but one I can accept and be content with. Attack on Titan was way too amazing of an adventure for me, enough so to entirely overlook and forgive the very messy final arc.

what is downhill about hmm..125 or 127, mind if you tell me, just so I can understand this narrative ? Genuinely curious
Jan 31, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2021
Xilver said:
imbAF said:

Now this is more like it, this is the salt I needed ....numnumnum
Jan 31, 2022 10:10 AM

Feb 2021
imbAF said:
Xilver said:

Me calling you a clown is not salt, just the reality. But if you saw salt there then you're yourself salty as fuck. It's been almost a year since the ending, move the fuck on.
Jan 31, 2022 10:18 AM
Sep 2018
Chapter wise I would say:

124-125 are pretty solid chapters and well received within community.
126 is very debatable and controversial, however, 127 kind of fixed it. 127-129 are decently received chapters, but nothing to be considered as downhill just yet.
130-131 are goated chapters.
132-134 are again solid chapters and are very well received amongst community.
However, 135 onward is where you will find most problematic chapters with 137-139 being the trio of chapters that inflicted so much damage upon readers converting the most hardcore fans into most hardcore haters in a matter of 3 chapters.
I would say very questionable writing from Isayama literally with plot holes, things making no sense, things just happening without any consequences.
Anyway as far as this particular season is concerned, I would say you don't have to worry about things going down hill. There won't be downhill at least till last 5 chapters are adapted which would probably be the matter of last 3 episodes or last half of the movie depending on which way they decide to adapt post 131 part. And then there is increase in no. of readers buying into the idea that manga and Anime timelines are different/mirrored(?) timelines and anime will go full AOE with what most of the disappointed fan base considers kino ending.
Also most importantly, don't make opinions or biases based on what others are telling you, entire season is ahead of you, watch it for yourself and then make any rational conclusion for yourself.
zerotitanJan 31, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 31, 2022 10:58 AM

Jul 2021
Yea aside from chapters 130 and 131 there was a big downgrade after 124. Idk how to explain why I hate the ending without bringing up spoilers, so let's just say it ruined the entire show for me.

Jan 31, 2022 11:34 AM

Oct 2020
The ending has flaws regarding execution. If they fix that in the anime it will be perfect.
Jan 31, 2022 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
Xilver said:
imbAF said:

Me calling you a clown is not salt, just the reality. But if you saw salt there then you're yourself salty as fuck. It's been almost a year since the ending, move the fuck on.

What did I ever said about the ending? wtf? You have reading comprehension problems bro? I merely responded to your supposedly "plot hole". You don't evne know how to use the word properly. The word you were searching for is 'plot convenience ' . And there is no literary fiction that doesn't use it. xD
Jan 31, 2022 11:39 AM
Jan 2021
SenbeiPan said:
electromagneto said:
Don't worry, the cries mostly come from a loud minority who got butthurt because their horrible headcanon didn't come true.

If the people who didn't like the ending were really the minority, AoT manga score would go up after the ending, not down.

It's 8.58 how is that low? Exactly, all the 1s and it dropped from 8.78 to 8.58. Literal minority lol
Jan 31, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2020
The main issue with the ending is that it was rushed (which was not Isayama's fault, its usually the publishers who decide the date a manga has to end).
I feel like a lot of manga readers who hated it didn't even understand the ending or they were just salty because it didn't go the way they wanted. Its honestly not that bad, but not a masterpiece. They might change a few things in the anime that can improve it, we'll see.
Jan 31, 2022 11:47 AM

May 2010
The ending was so bad that it ruined all the parts of the manga I liked in retrospect. My favorite chapters were the ones the anime is adapting right now and I feel nothing watching it. I just can't help thinking about how pathetic Cuckren is.
Jan 31, 2022 1:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
zerotitan said:
Chapter wise I would say:

124-125 are pretty solid chapters and well received within community.
126 is very debatable and controversial, however, 127 kind of fixed it. 127-129 are decently received chapters, but nothing to be considered as downhill just yet.
130-131 are goated chapters.
132-134 are again solid chapters and are very well received amongst community.
However, 135 onward is where you will find most problematic chapters with 137-139 being the trio of chapters that inflicted so much damage upon readers converting the most hardcore fans into most hardcore haters in a matter of 3 chapters.
I would say very questionable writing from Isayama literally with plot holes, things making no sense, things just happening without any consequences.
Anyway as far as this particular season is concerned, I would say you don't have to worry about things going down hill. There won't be downhill at least till last 5 chapters are adapted which would probably be the matter of last 3 episodes or last half of the movie depending on which way they decide to adapt post 131 part. And then there is increase in no. of readers buying into the idea that manga and Anime timelines are different/mirrored(?) timelines and anime will go full AOE with what most of the disappointed fan base considers kino ending.
Also most importantly, don't make opinions or biases based on what others are telling you, entire season is ahead of you, watch it for yourself and then make any rational conclusion for yourself.
I agree with this post (But for me 121-123 are goated as well)
Jan 31, 2022 1:24 PM
Nov 2020
No. It would be a masterclass till ch 131. After that it definitely downgrades a little and I really liked the ending except that it was rushed. Considering no other ending makes sense
Jan 31, 2022 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
For this szn: 117-123 great, 124-125 decent, 126-127 garbage, 128-129 decent with garbage moments, 130-131 great.

For what's left: 132-134 decent, 135-139 garbage.
Jan 31, 2022 2:34 PM
Oct 2017
You cant really ask this question, and get an answer that doesn’t spoil you.

I’ll just say this:
There are still amazinf parts ahead, but there are a lot of things that drag AoT down after chapter 123 (S4P2 Episode 5)

I and others dont like the ending. Wont say why, since I’ll spoil as little as possible.

Enjoy it while it’s good.
Jan 31, 2022 2:54 PM
Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
For this szn: 117-123 great, 124-125 decent, 126-127 garbage, 128-129 decent with garbage moments, 130-131 great.

Whats garbage about 135?
Jan 31, 2022 2:56 PM
Feb 2019
People complaining about the rumbling arc are usually yeagerists who hate Mikasa, Armin, etc. I am not even joking, a big part of manga readers supported fascists like Floch. Titanfolk keeps calling Mikasa a dog and things like this, very toxic behavior.

All chapters are good, only chapter 139 is rushed. The last chapter had great ideas but bad execution sadly. But the overall arc is good. The only other mixed is 126 (because of that storyline envolving that titan) but other than that all great. You literally wont notice the quality drop unless you support Eren and the yeagerists.
Jan 31, 2022 3:01 PM

Jan 2009
the ending chapter is just mediocre after all the build up and the extra 8 pages of it makes a dangerous political message for a fiction that is considered realistic by many
Jan 31, 2022 3:02 PM
Feb 2019
deg said:
the ending chapter is just mediocre after all the build up and the extra 8 pages of it makes a dangerous political message for a fiction that is considered realistic by many
Dangerous political message is most manga readers and ending haters supporting Floch and Genocide lmao
Jan 31, 2022 5:09 PM
Dec 2020
N0-0NE2 said:
I said it before and I will say it again. Anime-onlies are going to be more tolerant of the ending than manga readers. A huge part of the shitshow that followed the ending can be attributed to the absurdly huge amounts of ending theories manga readers used to theorize. Unlike GoT which had a bad ending coming since season 5, Isayama just happened to decide a certain take for the ending just at the very end "more like the last 8 chapters, everything before that was just great" which didn't satisfy a lot of fans.

I bet you, if the manga ending gets animated, anime-onlies are gonna be like: "Eh? Was that it? It was not so bad as manga readers made it sound to be!!". That's because manga readers are really overreacting, yeah the ending is not something as a "masterpiece", but some people found it at least satisfying. Personally, I would prefer an anime original ending under Isayama's supervision, but I won't have high hopes for this.

Exactly this. Another reason I think the Manga ending was more controversial, was because a very large part of the Manga readers were Yeagerists. And wanted
and were pissed off when that didn't happen.

Among the anime onlies, I'm already seeing a more people against Erens actions compared to Manga readers.
So they will have less of a problem with the ending.
Jan 31, 2022 5:19 PM
Mar 2020
The ending isn’t bad per se. it’s definitely not the greatest but not the worst either.

The biggest problem with it is that the manga readers themselves out so much time into creating theories of how Aot was gonna end and spoiler alert: none of those theories were correct. I’m also pretty sure that the more time passes by the more people will come to see the ending as not that bad or at least not as shit as they thought it was. It simply wasn’t what they were expecting to happen. I do agree that they could’ve taken more time with it though. The endgame is actually really good, what leads up to it needed more time, a better explanation. I’m pretty sure that the anime will deliver that to us so you don’t have to worry about it.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Jan 31, 2022 5:23 PM
Dec 2020
Ending is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Especially not GoT season 8 level.
Infact it's not really bad at all.
It's just not good as what came before.
There are some plot conveniences, and one particular subplot in the last chapter that came out of nowhere.

But for the most parts, it remains true to it's characters and it's themes.
If it's expanded on a little bit and a few things are taken out, the ending can be really good.
And even if it's not, it will still be an okay ending.

The way I see it. The ending will be more like Evangelion ending. Both the original run and End of Evangelion. In that it will be very divisive.
Some will hate it. Some will love it. Some will just apathatic.
But it will not take away from the greatness of what came before.
Jan 31, 2022 5:46 PM

Sep 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:

no way you just called 127 garbage
Jan 31, 2022 5:51 PM
Feb 2019
Zprotu said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

no way you just called 127 garbage
Yeagerists just hate Armin, the alliance, call Mikasa a dog, etc. Are u really surprised lmao
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

282 by DeepBlue42 »»
Jun 10, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.