Forum Settings
Forums

'Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!' Unveils Main Staff for 2022

New
Oct 27, 2021 6:18 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa opened an official website for the Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! (The Eminence in Shadow) television anime on Wednesday, revealing the main staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo. The anime series adapting Daisuke Aizawa's comedy fantasy light novel will air in 2022.

Staff
Director: Kazuya Nakanishi (Comic Girls assistant director)
Series Composition: Kanichi Katou (Mashiro no Oto, Mairimashita! Iruma-kun script)
Character Design: Makoto Iino (Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari, Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage)
Studio: Nexus (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Darwin's Game)

Aizawa began penning the comedy fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2018. Kadokawa began publishing the series through its Enterbrain label with illustrations by Touzai in November that year and released the fourth volume on February 26. Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! has a cumulative 1 million copies of its volume in print.

Anri Sakano (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou desu yo? Z) began drawing a manga adaptation in Monthly Comp Ace in December 2018. The magazine also began serializing a spin-off by Seta U in July 2019. Kadokawa released the sixth and second volume of each manga on June 25 and February 26, respectively.

Yen Press licensed the light novel and manga adaptation in English in May 2019 and this January and published the second novel volume on November 10 last year. The first manga volume is scheduled for a November 23 release.

Teaser

Official site: https://shadow-garden.jp/
Official Twitter: @Shadowgarden_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Oct 27, 2021 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
Wish it was a better studio but still expecting Studio Nexus to adapt this series properly
Teaser looks good and love Cid's design can't wait to see other members of Shadow Garden
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Oct 27, 2021 6:32 AM

Mar 2020
If done right this could very well become the next konosuba of isekai genre aka parody but its comedy if different than konosubas
but before people shouting here oh look EDGY DUDE guys thats the whole point of this one or atleast a major theme of the this isekai
Oct 27, 2021 6:37 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I remember when this was first announced and how intrigued I was by the synopsis (I actually thought that it was the World's Greatest Assassin isekai at one point until I realized it was something else lol)

But the PV looks great imo....Definitely looking forward to this still
Oct 27, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2016
r/im14andthisisdeep will have a field day with this one.
Oct 27, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
Just hoping for this adaptation to turn out great.
Oct 27, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2020
One of the most hilarious manga. The anime will be epic.
I didn't recognise the VA at the end tho...
Oct 27, 2021 8:51 AM
Oct 2020
The graphic sooo smooth sheesh
Oct 27, 2021 9:00 AM

May 2012
Can't wait to see isekai lelouch lol.
Oct 27, 2021 9:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
leVinchy said:
I am loving the sound of this lol
Oct 27, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 2021
the manga is one of the best in terms of comedy and well-made drawings. but the key visual of the anime, trailer, and character design does not inspire me and does not give me strong emotions but in any case, I will watch it to see if I am wrong or not.
Oct 27, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2020
leVinchy said:
yo don't hype me up now, it's straight going to ptw
"Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment"
-Aizen Sousuke
Oct 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Dec 2018
AnimeFA78N said:
If done right this could very well become the next konosuba of isekai genre aka parody but its comedy if different than konosubas
but before people shouting here oh look EDGY DUDE guys thats the whole point of this one or atleast a major theme of the this isekai

>the protagonist looks like kirito

Insta DROP
Oct 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
Fede_5000 said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Insta DROP

Sure its upto to you whether you gonna watch it or not based on just that fact i however looking forward to it since day one different taste i guess
Oct 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

Insta DROP

Sure its upto to you whether you gonna watch it or not based on just that fact i however looking forward to it since day one different taste i guess

the fact that protagonist look exactly same of 94% of protagonists in any light novel tells me everything about the incompetence and hypocrisy of the author. If he really wanted to differentiate himself from the rest, he would have to start from this point, which he does not do.
Oct 27, 2021 3:22 PM
Sep 2016
I am Atomic.You are Atomic.We all are Atomic.
Oct 27, 2021 3:59 PM

Jan 2020
Is this actually an isekai?

Honestly it looks good and different from your typical isekais, so I don't know if I should add it or not.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 27, 2021 5:03 PM

May 2021
I'm super excited. This is the most fun isekai I have read in a while. Glad it's getting an adaptation.

ɪ

Oct 28, 2021 12:41 AM

Jul 2016
Hyped for this anime. Cid is here LFG!!

The staff seems promising and the studio is good too

Oct 28, 2021 4:17 AM

May 2016
can't wait to see delta to be animated
Oct 28, 2021 6:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fede_5000 said:

the fact that protagonist look exactly same of 94% of protagonists in any light novel tells me everything about the incompetence and hypocrisy of the author. If he really wanted to differentiate himself from the rest, he would have to start from this point, which he does not do.
This is one of the most hilariously retarded posts I've seen all week on here lol
Oct 28, 2021 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:
Fede_5000 said:

This is one of the most hilariously retarded posts I've seen all week on here lol

SO baited, the trailer and the poster is working well, man I thought only few will fall for it.
Oct 28, 2021 7:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
youseiki said:
Tokoya said:

SO baited, the trailer and the poster is working well, man I thought only few will fall for it.
Oh I'm by no means triggered or upset by that at all...Just stating how hilarious it is to see comments like that still lol
Oct 29, 2021 7:57 AM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:
Oh I'm by no means triggered or upset by that at all...Just stating how hilarious it is to see comments like that still lol

I'm actually talking about the guy you quoted, but I agree that it's funny to see them react like that, some people thought it was Code Geass isekai or something.
Oct 29, 2021 8:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
youseiki said:
Tokoya said:

I'm actually talking about the guy you quoted, but I agree that it's funny to see them react like that, some people thought it was Code Geass isekai or something.
Yeah, some people on here really just boggles my mind with some of the things that they say lol
Oct 30, 2021 7:21 AM

Mar 2014
samashi20 said:
Is this actually an isekai?

Honestly it looks good and different from your typical isekais, so I don't know if I should add it or not.

Is a parody of isekais. With forced edge, product of the MC being a cringy chuuni (in the good sense, think of Lelouch being more tryhard in his Zero persona than he already was) who does not take things seriously, even if the situation is serious (partly cuz he's very OP, partly cuz he fails to underestand what is actually happening around, while still solving the problems with luck).

Is not for everyone, the MC being very OP from early on is a entry block for some, having a harem is another one, and having a magical school (even if it's mostly irrelevant for most arcs) is yet another one. I am okay with that, since the MC is OP done right (comically, silly), and the girl chars go beyond just some rando -dere trope, and are likelable (aside from b1tch princess, f that one).
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 31, 2021 4:01 AM
Sep 2021
One of the best isekai out there, a blend of darkfantasy/Comedy, the fight scene was so brutal, the mc doesn't afraid of killing, btw the mc favorite to kill was Bandits sinc he can earn money from them,The mc personality is Protagonist,Antagonist,anti hero, also hero,Lunatic,Npc,the good he isn't simp, he had a harem but doesn't care to them, treating them like a tools for his Chunnibyo mode lol😂 over all if they give us a good V/a with a good Animation, 8.5/10, they did bad with Cid character design it look mediocre, they should follow the Manga art style or light novel,so the character design should look, unique
Oct 31, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2019
I think it will be a good anime.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 1, 2021 7:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yamete09 said:
One of the best isekai out there, a blend of darkfantasy/Comedy, the fight scene was so brutal, the mc doesn't afraid of killing, btw the mc favorite to kill was Bandits sinc he can earn money from them,The mc personality is Protagonist,Antagonist,anti hero, also hero,Lunatic,Npc,the good he isn't simp, he had a harem but doesn't care to them, treating them like a tools for his Chunnibyo mode lol😂 over all if they give us a good V/a with a good Animation, 8.5/10, they did bad with Cid character design it look mediocre, they should follow the Manga art style or light novel,so the character design should look, unique
I love what I'm hearing here LMFAOOOOO
Nov 29, 2021 9:15 PM
Oct 2020
Please for the love of god don't disappoint me

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 43 minutes ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
13 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.