Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 1, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The OP song with the visuals look nice, not shabby at all! Love the smooth ED also too.

Yaguchi has made up his mind to go to Geidai, but his homeroom teacher thinks it's a ham-fisted joke, not sparing for his own family too because of the finances. Starting off in the Art Club under Saeki-sensei's supervision, her expectations are in line with what you would find of passionate up-and-coming artist pros to be evaluated very strictly. To be expected, Yaguchi is at a loss of what to do, but for a start, Saeki-sensei giving tips, tricks and compliments to him while he looks at Mori's very elaborate drawing, it's really a pro's way of drawing things not just at face value.

More so, trying to convince his parents to let him go Geidai is a proposition that most students face, but Yaguchi is the progenitor of "action more than words". Everyone came up with their differing portfolios, and Yaguchi's just a work in progress that shows a lot of promise. For Mori-senpai, she's pretty much secured in Musashino Art Uni so it shows of her strong calibre, and both a shock and motivation to the others, especially Yaguchi.

A sweet moment between Yaguchi and Mori to draw drawings for one another and say their last words for graduation. The most important is Yaguchi getting his motivation to convince his mom that Geidai is his future amidst difficult family circumstances. Yaguchi is serious, and it shows.

Still a lil' rushed, but it's all good.
KANLen09Oct 8, 2021 7:57 AM
Oct 1, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2020
I'm enjoying this quite a bit to be honest, as the message of 'talent' being something more akin to an excuse and a slap in the face to those who worked their way to the top is a great message to have.

Really liked how it portrayed taht hard work does pay off, with mori getting into said uni, and it was quite fun to watch yaguchi being ping ponged by the art teacher who seems to know exactly what she's doing and needs to do to push him into finding his own meaning in life.

Pacing felt a bit breakneck at times, dunno if it was just me but it was alright on the whole. Loving it so far, let's hope it continues getting better from here!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Oct 1, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2018
To be honest, this just feels way, way too fast..

Aside from that, Yaguchi pretty much decided to major in art which is the first and most important part of the manga. Ryuuji was casually listening to his conversation with Saeki-sensei. Yaguchi is getting teached by Saeki-sensei and at the same time he's able to look at the art of the other students. Mori is definitly one of the main reasons that made him get interested in art. She managed to get accepted. On the otherside, Yaguchi's mom found out about his passion for art which will get a bit troublesome later.

Mori and Yaguchi's dynamic is honestly just amazing. She's basically Yaguchi's savior in some way.

As last, Yaguchi decided to go to Geidai which will be require a lot of effort but we all know that he's a hard worker and the journey has just begun.

OP and ED are honestly just goddamn good.. art is a little bit off but can't complain much.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM

Jun 2019
Welp, the episode nearly slipped out of my mind. LOL

Anyway, it's probably gonna happen sooner or later that Yaguchi's parents gonna find out about this and what Yaguchi wants to do in his life because, in the end, you need to take authority or at least a bit of advice from your guardian on what you should do. Also, I'm not weird if I love Saeki Sensei. right? She's so cool and great.

Mori Senpai is another character that I love in this show. She's a hardworking girl just like Yaguchi. But, seeing Yaguchi making progress makes me really happy for him. Finally, Geidai is where Yaguchi is heading and it's just the start of his long journey. Also, OP and ED are quite good.
Oct 1, 2021 1:12 PM
Aug 2020
Good episode hope it will stay this way.
Oct 1, 2021 8:30 PM

Apr 2020
the pacing is kinda fast, Mori has graduated even though in the previous episode Yatora had just met Mori. but it's okay i still enjoy it.
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
Apr 2021
Ngl this episode feels kinda fast, coming from someone who went to read the manga right after watching the first episode. But, I still appreciate that the scenes are still on point like the part yaguchi showed the drawing to her mom and his drawing session with the senpai. And also, the fact that this episode conveyed the message of hard work pays off but at the same time there are different starting lines and talent just makes this piece even more realistic and close to our daily lives.

I really have high hopes for this anime in this season.
Oct 1, 2021 11:13 PM
May 2021
Broooo Where is 2nd episode ?? I can't able to find at any website or app where are you guys watching it?..
Oct 2, 2021 5:28 AM
Apr 2018
As a manga reader, this episode felt kinda too fast. Animation is not bad but felt a bit too flat. Well, they might spend all budget on the Art piece. Overall I'm not disappointed but still hoping this manga was animated by a bigger studio. The anime is good, but the manga hits harder.
Oct 2, 2021 5:40 AM

Jun 2019
Aww, this episode makes me a bit emotional.

Oct 2, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 2021
good second episode. Loved the ED visuals
Oct 2, 2021 7:38 AM
Apr 2020
This anime does not have super fluid animation or anything but it can still successfully convey the emotions in a brilliant way!

I loved this episode 💯💯
Oct 2, 2021 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
"i'm sorry for being a bad boy" gets me everytime.
Oct 2, 2021 9:15 AM

Jun 2016
yoo , i can smells a hidden gem burried in this anime !!
Oct 2, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2017
I gave it a 4/5 mainly because of how fast paced it was. Pretty sure we went through 9 months in this one episode? Hopefully, it slows down some and focus on some chara development so I can get super invested in them.

Oct 2, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2015
something is off but i don't know what it is... i feel like something is missing and because of that the episodes feel weird to me. the scenes don't mix well, they don't flow. the lack of soundtracks don't help either. maybe it's because they don't do anything special?? like, it seems like they are just adapting the manga and that's it. they are not doing anything special for the anime adaptation, like some special effects or soundtracks or things like that. i haven't read the manga so i'm not sure though.

Oct 2, 2021 12:15 PM

May 2021
Yaguchi seeing how long that pencil made me laugh xD. Loved that scene when he showed his drawing to his mum also. Really liking this series so far! Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Dec 2020
RMTWASHERE said:
As a manga reader, this episode felt kinda too fast. Animation is not bad but felt a bit too flat. Well, they might spend all budget on the Art piece. Overall I'm not disappointed but still hoping this manga was animated by a bigger studio. The anime is good, but the manga hits harder.
Yeah, I feel the same, but when you take to account the length and the depth of the manga chapters, they just can't animate everything and they have to compromise somewhere.
Oct 2, 2021 2:25 PM

Aug 2019
Not a fan of this adaptation, to say the least. They're jumping around the source material like crazy, which makes the already fast-paced beginning of the manga even more jarring to experience in the anime. Also, the frequency of Yaguchi's thoughts that we're shown in the manga have been severely toned down in the anime, which makes it harder, at least for me, to empathize with and understand his struggles/frustrations. This, along with other neat little art tidbits and character moments (tied to Yaguchi's ragtag group of friends) being removed from the anime really waters down what would otherwise be a rich and thoughtful experience. And this isn't even mentioning the textbook, uninspired visual presentation, which is unbefitting for a story surrounding art and the many forms of expression.
Oct 2, 2021 3:21 PM
Feb 2021
I don't mind the pacing, nor the animation in that regard. What i really think is bad is the Direction, scenes don't look fluid, lack of soundtrack and scenes don't take an impact on you as they should, example: When Mori is drawing, and she looks focused, should have been an impacting scene for the spectator, for that gives a hint of how serious Mori takes art and Yatora's internal thoughts should be also, pretty impactful. Yet, they aren't, reallllly not liking the Direction in this anime. Had a lot of faith since Magi's Director is in this show.
Oct 2, 2021 5:07 PM
Jun 2021
Waiting waiting waiting for this to come!
Oct 2, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2020
I almost cried during the second half of the episode. Family stuff like that hits pretty hard

good episode and the opening was solid

Oct 2, 2021 8:09 PM
Feb 2018
the story is pretty good, i will read the manga because i feel something off from the adaptation, maybe the direction or pacing, i dont know
Oct 2, 2021 8:46 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread cleaned; please refrain from asking where to watch an episode/anime, as that will lead to other users sharing links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
KuniiMar 5, 2022 1:06 AM

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Oct 3, 2021 12:04 AM

Aug 2019
as an anime I feel like everything is going by so fast, not sure if I’m supposed to be attached to this Mori character since the show barely had her on screen for less than 2 episodes
Oct 3, 2021 3:00 AM

Apr 2019
Mori senpai graduated? that's fast
Oct 3, 2021 3:01 AM
May 2020
Where can i watch it? Its not on any streaming sites
Oct 3, 2021 3:09 AM

Oct 2017
This was rushed, Mori senpai's character is so much more than this. The anime failed miserably to show that with it's fast pacing.
Oct 3, 2021 3:29 AM
Jan 2020
Isn't the pacing too fast?
Oct 3, 2021 4:14 AM
Jun 2021
I absolutely love this straight to the point, informative, yes break neck speeds, but no fluff either second episode. That scene with his mother... even with the subs and the pacing issues had we welling up at the eye holes. I loved mori-senpai and can't wait to see more of yuka. I liked the idea for a sketch in the ed and an end scene is always the payoff I am looking for after credits. Looks like its prep school time.. woot let the school times roll
Oct 3, 2021 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
The anime's pace is very fast and I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing lol Mori-senpai has just graduated and I think we will not see her anymore.
Oct 3, 2021 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
Booooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
I liked the episode, the progress of the protagonist in the art classes was very realistic, a constant progress that good that they did not put three classes and he is already half-skilled, the commitment with the parents in taking the art career I saw him well nothing cliche I would have liked the pope to have been in a scene, I hope they don't put him as the typical grumpy pope who denies because you are not going to make money in the future and the conformation of the club members I do not see as a harem chapter one they showed us that the club was formed by women but I would like another man to join in the new year
Oct 3, 2021 11:14 AM
May 2020
It was an ok episode, yaguchi and his mom scene was well done (i teared up a lil bit)
Pacing is too fast i think? And in some scene yaguchi's face was a lil bit babiesh
Opening is a bop and cat jam😂
But overall i recommend you to read Manga
It's way better, it has sth that this adaptation can't capture it, for an anime it's good but not as good as manga. hope it'll get better than this but for now it's ok.
Oct 3, 2021 11:28 AM
Apr 2018
Look how they massacred my boy... TBH I couldn't even ask for this adaptation to be faithfull to the manga, but... i think this is even worse. They rush it soooooo much. Basically, they put one whole volume in just two episodes??? It feels weird, unnatural and way too fast. The artstyle is alright, but compared to the manga it's awfully ordinary. Imo if this keeps up, the whole fandom will just end up depressed and dissapointed. But, there's still hope. It's been only two episodes so far so maybe, maybe it wil recover.
Oct 3, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
Was a bit better than episode 1. Still feels pretty fast pacing-wise. With the other girl already graduating and then only the main and the tomboyish girl (and no other intesting chars - also no male side char) left.

Also I still don't like that the main just suddenly started to like drawing. Would have preferred if this had started much slower - with the senpa (that now already graduated)i slowly teaching him and stuff.
Oct 3, 2021 1:43 PM

Mar 2020
Didn't mind the pacing in the 1st episode, but now it's clearly rushed. Although it isn't too bad. The animation doesn't really bother me but it isn't anything impressive though I guess it could be worse. Even the direction could be better, some of the scenes weren't that fluid, and the lack of soundtracks is kinda noticeable.

There were good points too, a really emotional episode for me, I cried in the 2nd half. Stuff related to family hits pretty hard. Really enjoying how the story progresses in this one! Overall good episode but I think switching to manga will be the wiser option.
Oct 3, 2021 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
I was blown away. This is a great series. Can't wait for next week!!!
Oct 3, 2021 6:33 PM
Feb 2019
Honestly this was a better episode in my opinion. The pacing of the show seems weird to me though.
Oct 3, 2021 7:36 PM

Dec 2020
hmm i really like the opening. this episode was neutral for me, i love blue period so much its my 2nd fav manga, but the anime just does not do it justice. it feels like any other slice of life with some extra shadows and highlights, so far im feeling disappointed but maybe thatll change later on.

anime yatora feels like a completely different character, something about everything here feels off. im still enjoying it, but not as much as i wanted to. my expectations were too high i assume

the pacing feels really off too, doesnt feel like i know whats really happening, really rushed tbh
Oct 3, 2021 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
"I'm sorry for being a bad son." Damn...

Well, visuals and pacing may not be this adaptation's strongest point but the engaging story sure is making up for those aspects. Really loved this episode.
Oct 3, 2021 7:58 PM

Jun 2019
It’s really a shame that an anime about art doesn’t have better art and animation. The pieces look good, the characters do not. The pace feels ridiculously fast too. We are already at the point where the MC is a senior I guess. Side note, Yuguchi’s sketches of his mom and his senpai were significantly worse than the ones he did for his assignment. I get that they were done without models, but still, I could probably sketch that well and I haven’t taken any art classes. The moment between him and his mom was good though.
Oct 3, 2021 8:53 PM

Feb 2019
fast pace. I really love its manga, it feels more relatable and more special. Will still watch this until the end tho!
owkey
Oct 3, 2021 9:51 PM

Mar 2019
I thought Umino was a guy until the final frame of this episode, when I noticed SHE was in fact wearing a skirt and the girls uniform... whoops lol.
Oct 3, 2021 11:39 PM
Mar 2018
Pretty emotional episode.

Seeing Yaguchi chase after something he only picked recently made the episode thrilling to watch. Really felt like more than just 22 minutes.

OP and ED were really good too, starting to see less rock/intense songs now

Oct 4, 2021 1:20 AM
Dec 2020
It's really good, but there are just small animation things and story telling things that could be improved.
Oct 4, 2021 3:03 AM

Aug 2021
i'm consuming the manga alongside the anime, and i can't help but feel that this episode felt... too rushed. the manga had little things that made the story more "endearing," most of which were sadly axed in the anime. animation also felt a bit soulless at times, which is a bit ironic considering this show was about art. i have no other complaints though, still a 3.5/5 ep for me.
Oct 4, 2021 6:38 AM
Sep 2014
Rushed is the word to explain this episode, they definitely skimmed through developments of the characters IMO. If only this anime had 24 episodes, the pacing might be more similar to the original manga. In any case I love the music!!!
Oct 4, 2021 10:11 AM

Sep 2015
This is one of the most rushed anime adaptions I've ever seen, and a great injustice to a masterpiece.
Oct 4, 2021 10:15 AM
Apr 2021
As many people have said before, this adaptation doesn't capture the beauty or the impact of the manga. It is way too rushed and feels disjointed. I will stick with it for a bit more but I am disappointed. I am also not the biggest fan of Yaguchi's VA.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 28, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

134 by huacraft »»
May 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

219 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

55 by Ginsbxnkai »»
Mar 18, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.