Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 1, 2021 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Spectacular animation and angles this episode. Men of culture surely didn't miss 17:29.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2021 2:53 PM
Mar 2020
Diazucho said:
Tbh KyoAni is just as good as Ufotable in terms of animation. I wonder what would a shounen look like if they picked up one. Amazing episode!

The world isn’t ready for a Shounen made by KyoAni.
Sep 1, 2021 3:17 PM
Feb 2021
The fight between Elma and Tohru was awesomely animated, with lots of destruction and impacts, it looked like a DBZ battle.
A good episode centered on Elma, hope we get more of this with the rest of the cast.
Sep 1, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2011
goddamn another amazing fighting scene kyoani!
desu desu binches
Sep 1, 2021 3:26 PM

May 2021
When they showed Elma putting her feet in the water, I was like damn that's beautiful, Kyoani flexing. And they hit me with the whole fight, probably the most beautiful looking fight this season and it's from a SoL.
Sep 1, 2021 3:52 PM

Sep 2017
Fuckin hell when Kyoto animation does action... Lots of Elma focus this ep and this season in general. Good thing since she was so late to the party in S1.
Sep 1, 2021 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
Why is it that this Slice of Life Anime provides us with such great and detailed fight scenes when most battle Anime these days have average fight scenes... KyoAni, you guys are phenomenal. Tohru vs Elma was incredible.

A nice episode centered around Elma. I laughed pretty hard at the moment that Elma lost the kids. The moment she went into Dragon form, Shouta with great reflexes though putting Saikawa to sleep.
Sep 1, 2021 4:10 PM
Oct 2020
when the next episode airs next week, I'll ask a question as to why Kanna hides from Saikawa that she's a dragon.
Sep 1, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2020
Kyoto Animation always impressed me with their Animation cuz damnnn, when they're decided to do the action in the cute show or any show they do it just so amazing, I mean Can you imagine if they do the 100% Action anime?? Anyway Great Ep as always
Sep 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Oct 2020
An Elma-centric episode. Gotta love seeing Elma's work ethic and, that camping trip was pretty swell as well. The highlight of this episode was definitely the fight between Tohru and Elma. The animation was amazing. On the other hand, I'm glad that they were able to put their animosity aside and make up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2021 4:31 PM
Aug 2017
Great episode. Also, there was a suspicious amount of Elma feet in this episode.
Sep 1, 2021 4:35 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Magnificent. Every single part of this episode is so amusing.

Easy 10/10. What a masterpiece.
Sep 1, 2021 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
many actions in the episode is with the animation fights is amazing Elma vs. Tohru These two could never understand each other more after that everything resolved that good.
Sep 1, 2021 4:47 PM
Dec 2020
The fight scene was so good thoo.
Sep 1, 2021 4:48 PM
Oct 2017
Definitely my favorite episode of Season 2 so far! Honestly, one of my favorite episodes of the whole series!

I think this episode's gonna set up certain arcs down the line, ESPECIALLY given the debut appearance of Shouta's dad and his son using magic out in the woods. And the manga, watching them come to life, let's just say it's gonna be a treat!

Also, the ending with Tohru and Elma being tickled whie trying not to laugh was SO wholesome and cute!

Here's the million dollar question though that NEEDS to be discussed:

Which is the better tickle scene from KyoAni? This or Chuunibyou with Dekomori and Nibutani?

Omegalen said:
Great episode. Also, there was a suspicious amount of Elma feet in this episode.

I agree, and watching her splash her feet in the lake, is adorable to watch, only to realize the kids left.
Though as someone with a foot fetish, this was a jewel to watch.
Sep 1, 2021 4:57 PM
Oct 2017
Lizsaki said:
Kyoto Animation always impressed me with their Animation cuz damnnn, when they're decided to do the action in the cute show or any show they do it just so amazing, I mean Can you imagine if they do the 100% Action anime?? Anyway Great Ep as always

I think KyoAni gives Studio WIT a run for their money with the fight scenes in Vivy.
Sep 1, 2021 5:40 PM

Jan 2021
Best episode out of everything this entire season.
Hands down
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Sep 1, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2020
THIS EPISODE WAS EPIC!!! So much things going on here.

First, Elma tried to have better job conditions, and told Kobayashi the way she felt, even though she knew things wouldn't change. After all, Shota's father bribed the cute dragon with candies xD
He was worried about Lucoa's influence towards his son, but accepted the consequences.

(Tohru supported Elma in the meetings at the sindicate - surprisingly)

In the second part, Kanna, Saikawa and Shota went to a camping right when Elma was in a candy-day at her house. Turns out that the kids disappeared at the florest, but they all met again for Elma's relief (that fight with the bear was awesome).

The little breakdown featured Ilulu feeling hot underneath her clothes 😏
Taketo's reaction was mine at the moment lol and she was teasing

The third part consisted of a nice fight between Tohru and Ilulu. Such great effects! Very impressive, especially the explosions and the somnoplasty of it.
I'm glad they made amends after all and accepted their past. Finally!

The last scene was hilarious with the "who laughs first" challenge.

One of the best animes of the year for sure. Can't believe we are already at episode 9.

Sep 1, 2021 6:55 PM

Jun 2019
Fine episode. Not much to talk about aside from the fight. The animation was good, but the direction wasn’t very good. There were a few points that I couldn’t instantly tell what was going on which is always a bad thing for a fight. Once that happens the immersion is broken and it affects the enjoyment as a result. The fight also came out of nowhere too. All of a sudden Elma decided to end their false hatred when it wasn’t connected to any of the previous stories in this episode.
Sep 1, 2021 7:11 PM

May 2020
This episode really deserves all the comments praising the animation, it was AMAZING.

Just KyoAni things.
Sep 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2021
This was the first episode this season that I've liked without qualification. It felt like something from season 1. I was just getting tired of this season, which I think overall is much worse than the first, but this episode is great.
Sep 1, 2021 7:45 PM
Feb 2020
Elma focused episode with an intense and emotional fight with thoru, my favorite episode so far this season
Sep 1, 2021 8:01 PM

Mar 2021
This episode is so cute
looking forward to elma and tohru friendship in future episode
Sep 1, 2021 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Last segment with Elma randomly deciding to fight Tohru felt like such a blatant excuse to have KyoAni flexing some of their god-tier animation on us. Not that I'm complaining but man was it notorious as hell. I mean, even the dialogues made little-to-no sense but well. At least after this, I hope Tohru finally stops acting like a jerk towards Elma.

That said, decent episode overall. Having Elma as the main focus was truly welcome but the segments chosen for her were pretty weak ones in my opinion. Such a shame since I really love her character but well.
Sep 1, 2021 8:34 PM

Mar 2019
How people can watch this and still think Kyoani isn't far and away the best studio baffles me.

Sep 1, 2021 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
ELMA <3!!!
Well, the episode was focused on Elma. It was really funny at the beginning and also when she accompanies the guys xD, but the last part...AMAZING. The fight against Tohru was GREAT!!! and when she tells him the real reason, beautiful scene.
I loved this chapter.
PS: Finally Gemini came out at the end, plus with that picture of Elma <3!!!!
Sep 1, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
Elma episode!!!!! YEEESSSS!!!!!!!

From trying to improve working conditions for some limited time sweets (Shota's dad is terrifying) to going on a picnic with the kids scaring a poor bear in the process (Shota was pretty cool) to a freaking awesome fight that ended with a sweet moment between Tohru and Elma <3. I loved it!

Smug Ilulu when she realized Take was taking a peek at her cleavage was great haha.
Sep 1, 2021 10:48 PM
Oct 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Fine episode. Not much to talk about aside from the fight. The animation was good, but the direction wasn’t very good. There were a few points that I couldn’t instantly tell what was going on which is always a bad thing for a fight. Once that happens the immersion is broken and it affects the enjoyment as a result. The fight also came out of nowhere too. All of a sudden Elma decided to end their false hatred when it wasn’t connected to any of the previous stories in this episode.
forgot the ep 5? that Elma and Tooru story had an "outcome" here. how does this not make sense?
Sep 1, 2021 10:51 PM
Oct 2020
duskyboris said:
This was the first episode this season that I've liked without qualification. It felt like something from season 1. I was just getting tired of this season, which I think overall is much worse than the first, but this episode is great.
worse? is better in my opinion. you complain on a full stomach. what s1 did, s2 is doing.
Sep 1, 2021 10:54 PM
Oct 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Last segment with Elma randomly deciding to fight Tohru felt like such a blatant excuse to have KyoAni flexing some of their god-tier animation on us. Not that I'm complaining but man was it notorious as hell. I mean, even the dialogues made little-to-no sense but well. At least after this, I hope Tohru finally stops acting like a jerk towards Elma.

That said, decent episode overall. Having Elma as the main focus was truly welcome but the segments chosen for her were pretty weak ones in my opinion. Such a shame since I really love her character but well.
it wasn't an excuse, it's a follow-up to the ep 5 story with Elma and Tooru. This fight is in the manga so it's nothing random. the manga chapters are kind of episodic but have continuity.
Sep 1, 2021 11:02 PM

Apr 2020
They done threw hands in the Windows XP wallpaper 🤣
Sep 1, 2021 11:04 PM
Oct 2020
Tooru and Elma 🔥💖
Sep 2, 2021 1:36 AM

Feb 2019
Elma and Tohru’s relationship this season has been the highlight of the season for me, I love how they’ve expanded upon it and today’s fight was absolutely insane. Better than any battle shōnen garbage.
Sep 2, 2021 1:55 AM

Oct 2016
Full of Elma indeed, we have been fed.

I really loved the directing in the first part of the episode, with the whole Elma's workers movement and Kobayashi narrating it. But the whole episode is fantastic though damn. Shouta's dad honestly looks really creepy with them big ass eyes lmao.

That fight between Elma and Tohru, Jesus Christ. It was really sweet though, Elma just wanted to be with Tohru again as friends. Am really tempted to read the manga now fuck. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 2, 2021 2:18 AM
Jan 2021
this episode was realy good. it was an elma focused episode and seeing that epic fight scene was like food for my eyes.

kyoani did an amazing job
Sep 2, 2021 3:41 AM

Apr 2016
wow, this episode really caught me off guard. i wasn't expecting an anime about a dragon being someone's maid to do such an good job at explaining the basics of unionizing. and the fantastic fight scene that came outta nowhere blew me away! topping that all off with an added dimension to the relationship between Tohru and Elma just knocked it outta the park for me.

when this anime became one of my favorites after watching the first season, i thought i was just gonna watch a bunch of people screw around and have a good time together. if it would have stayed that, it still would have been one of my favorites. but with this episode, it made me think the author is much more talented than i expected.

i was also unprepared for the level of animation KyoAni was going to showcase with this episode. they really came back strong. i loved how beautiful and fluid the fight scene was! i really do hope they were referencing Rocky II with Tohro and Elma hahahaha!
Sep 2, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2019
Kyoani really comes back stronger with every single episode of Dragon Maid each week. This episode is a total spotlight episode for Elma which is really entertaining to watch. The chemistry between the cast and each scenarios it brings on the table always funny and a blessing for eyes. That poor bear though is so hilarious XD. And the last segment is a flex of what this studio capable of with that amazing direction, fight sequences and the animation is a feast. It's good to know that Elma wanted a fight with Tohru as just to reaffirm that she wants Tohru to be her friend back in the day. Great episode and keep it up.

Sep 2, 2021 4:56 AM

Dec 2019
this season is really just knocking it out of the park every episode, the focus on Elma this episode was really nice and my god the sakuga in that fight
Sep 2, 2021 5:04 AM

Dec 2020
Elma is trying her best to change the situation at work, but the executive director is not an easy person to convince. Later, on her day off, Tohru asks her to take care of Kanna and her friends on a short trip to the mountains. In the end, we have a very interesting fight between dragons, with a somewhat touching ending.
Sep 2, 2021 5:18 AM
Mar 2021
Sasuga KyoAni, their animation was really eyecatching, best animation in this season so far. Hopefully Bluray version can be really smoother than this great TV ver.

More Elma developments also next week will be Kanna and her new friend.
Sep 2, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2014
Kanna was smooth asf this episode. The way she handled Saikawa and Elma with the flower was pro gamer move. Also she wanted to fish an Anaconda. XD

This episode had all the comfy moments with Elma and then they shocked us with that amazing animation of Elma VS Tohru fight. Shit went down real quick.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 2, 2021 5:23 AM

Jun 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:
Blue_Maroon said:
forgot the ep 5? that Elma and Tooru story had an "outcome" here. how does this not make sense?

Was this episode 9 or episode 6? Why would you wait 4 episodes to finish an arc that was hardly addressed in any of the episodes in between? Doing so makes it feel like this came out of nowhere because there was nothing recent connecting to why it happened.
Sep 2, 2021 5:30 AM
Oct 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

Was this episode 9 or episode 6? Why would you wait 4 episodes to finish an arc that was hardly addressed in any of the episodes in between? Doing so makes it feel like this came out of nowhere because there was nothing recent connecting to why it happened.
if you don't know, obviously not, that the manga has its kind of episodic chapters with the exception of a few arcs, but they have continuity in story.
Sep 2, 2021 5:32 AM
Oct 2020
sKyBlazer08 said:
Full of Elma indeed, we have been fed.

I really loved the directing in the first part of the episode, with the whole Elma's workers movement and Kobayashi narrating it. But the whole episode is fantastic though damn. Shouta's dad honestly looks really creepy with them big ass eyes lmao.

That fight between Elma and Tohru, Jesus Christ. It was really sweet though, Elma just wanted to be with Tohru again as friends. Am really tempted to read the manga now fuck. Really looking forward to the next episode.
it was a good episode. Ironically your comment is the 86 😅.
Sep 2, 2021 5:40 AM
Oct 2019
first half was fun comedy stuff but the second half was where the action begins...

HOLY SHIT!!!
Do they delivered the SAKUGA!!

bruhh Kyoto Animation should work on Action Series from Shounen Jump.
it will be Phenomenal!!!

Thank You Kyoto Animation!!!
davidyodo24Sep 2, 2021 5:44 AM
Sep 2, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2020
that fight scene was so fucking good lol
Sep 2, 2021 6:55 AM
Oct 2013
I'm speechless. Kyoani ALWAYS exceeds expectations. The first part is way too relatable on a personal level. I though I will be smiling from the first second until the last, but my jaw drops towards the end. I love all the sensibilities in every single frame of drawings and line of scripts. Every single second is utilized to its full potential. The first season was okay and forgettable, but this season is waaaay better. The future's looking bright. Watching this episode especially, made anything from anyone else feels like slideshows made up of doodles by 3 yo toddler. How can anyone deny this level of quality? And visuals are not even the main or strongest point of this show. I don't read the manga, but I do wonder if it is this good or how many original content there are, or any changes, etc.
Sep 2, 2021 7:00 AM
Oct 2016
Proletarian Elma, Best Elma
Sep 2, 2021 7:05 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Was a good episode, the visuals for the fight were pretty great.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 2, 2021 7:09 AM

Jul 2021
I think this series need Drama tag, lots of drama episode like this episode. unlike first season which is just heart-warming CGDCT.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» STUPID FIGHT SCENES

tongboonbin - May 26

14 by MarciUwU »»
May 27, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

162 by haminshamin »»
May 26, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.