Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2021 2:21 PM

Jul 2020
I've seen a lot of people talk about the most toxic fandom for anime, but I barely see anybody talk about the most toxic hatedom for anime at all, so I decided to make this thread. Anyway, which do you think is the most toxic anime hatedom ever? For me, I'd say that title goes to the hatedom for battle shonen. Seriously, they act like it's a sin for liking any battle shonen.

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Mar 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Mar 2020
Genre wise battle shounen should easily take the prize.

Single anime wise I dunno.

AoT has been bad there are some insane AoT fanatics spouting crazy shit but its new so its fresh in my mind, I get heat quite often for my heavily dislike of Subaru and ReZero because of it and I dont even talk shit but people get mad at me and sling shit.

I think battle shounen just has a lot of the boy demographic who are just young and dumb and all want to defend their favourite show to the death while butchering the English language with horrible posts.

Some of them seem cool though. One Piece fans just seem to be googly eyes over OP rather than outwardly hating on other anime. I am sure there are toxic ones out there though.

OP fandom being chill could be because the show is so old a lot of them are older now and have chilled out.
Mar 8, 2021 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
i would say it's the sao hatedom
Mar 8, 2021 2:41 PM

Mar 2020
Demon Slayer hatedom
Mfs hate the anime just because it's popular lmao.
Like yeah it's no masterpiece in storytelling, it didn't revolutionize the industry or anything.
But it was just an enjoyable anime.
KnY Hatedom be like "It's overrated and nobody should enjoy it."

spaesu said:
i would say it's the sao hatedom
Also this, I keep forgetting how many people hate SAO just for the sake of it without ever having watched it.
"Everyone hates SAO therefore I too must hate SAO"
Mar 8, 2021 2:42 PM

Apr 2017
More than anything hatedoms are pretty sad and should not be taken seriously.
cunnysseur
Mar 8, 2021 2:44 PM

Mar 2018
Demon slayer, Haikyuu, mha, yuri on ice, kakegurui, and SAO.
But honestly I think it’s popular anime that aren’t godly popular if you know what I mean if it’s in the 50s of highest rated but not in the top ten I think those shows get the most hate.
Mar 8, 2021 2:44 PM

Oct 2018
Demon Slayer and MHA haters talk more about these shows than the people who like them. They won't shut up about how overrated they are and it just makes them look butthurt that those two are more popular than whatever their favorite show is. Then they come with some of the most garbage critiques as to why these shows are overrated which is normal just resorting to calling the show generic when you could literally describe every shounen under the sun as generic if you really wanted to.
Mar 8, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2020
Code geass,just because the anime itself don't take it seriously,the pathethic evatards are bombarding this anime just because they pretending to be elite and code geass always get a shitstorm by them just because cg copy mecha aspect,especially that polyphemus review
Judevin said:
Demon Slayer hatedom
Mfs hate the anime just because it's popular lmao.
Like yeah it's no masterpiece in storytelling, it didn't revolutionize the industry or anything.
But it was just an enjoyable anime.
KnY Hatedom be like "It's overrated and nobody should enjoy it."

also this
Mar 8, 2021 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Isekai, but most are really trash, also Demon slayer.
Mar 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
Is "all of the above" an option?
This might just be me and my lack of interaction with the general fanbase, but from what I've seen a lot of the time hatedoms seem worse than fandoms.
Mar 8, 2021 9:30 PM

Apr 2017
SmashBlack said:
I've seen a lot of people talk about the most toxic fandom for anime, but I barely see anybody talk about the most toxic hatedom for anime at all, so I decided to make this thread. Anyway, which do you think is the most toxic anime hatedom ever? For me, I'd say that title goes to the hatedom for battle shonen. Seriously, they act like it's a sin for liking any battle shonen.

I've never really had any issues with hatedoms in anime. At most, I suppose there was that 1 dude I blocked a while back who started going ad hominem the moment I mentioned that I have a high opinion of Code Geass, but it was an isolated incident.

-Ecliptix- said:
I get heat quite often for my heavily dislike of Subaru and ReZero because of it and I dont even talk shit but people get mad at me and sling shit.

I feel for you. I can relate since I get this kind of thing too, albeit not for disliking a character, but rather for writing reviews of the show that doesn't shower the show with praises.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Mar 8, 2021 9:33 PM

Aug 2019
not a series but the Fate Stay/Night adaptation by DEEN gets way too much hate than warranted in my opinion
snowykevinMar 8, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 8, 2021 9:39 PM

Sep 2014
None. Hatedoms themselves aren't toxic.
Mar 8, 2021 9:52 PM

Jun 2011
Battle shounen have immature annoying as hell fans. I don’t wanna be around that. The drama shounen fans create is some of the worst. (AOT and FMA and BNHA.... gawd)

Idk. For a while it was SAO’s hatedom.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 8, 2021 9:58 PM

Jun 2011
-Ecliptix- said:
Genre wise battle shounen should easily take the prize.

Single anime wise I dunno.

AoT has been bad there are some insane AoT fanatics spouting crazy shit but its new so its fresh in my mind, I get heat quite often for my heavily dislike of Subaru and ReZero because of it and I dont even talk shit but people get mad at me and sling shit.

I think battle shounen just has a lot of the boy demographic who are just young and dumb and all want to defend their favourite show to the death while butchering the English language with horrible posts.

Some of them seem cool though. One Piece fans just seem to be googly eyes over OP rather than outwardly hating on other anime. I am sure there are toxic ones out there though.

OP fandom being chill could be because the show is so old a lot of them are older now and have chilled out.

1P fans and Gintama fans are my current faves. Gintama fans used to be super toxic but got older and are now chill. But 1P fans? I don’t think I ever felt toxicity from them. They really have been the most chill shounen fans
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 8, 2021 10:05 PM

Jul 2017
r/titanfolk on Reddit has been a complete and total shit show lately. But the absolute worst right now are the One Piece power scalers. God, it’s so freaking bad, every leak thread is a absolute disaster because of it.
Mar 8, 2021 10:48 PM

Oct 2018
Hrybami said:
Ok, I need you to explain you stance on this one. The amount of people who I have seen mocked, berated, and insulted for saying they like shows like SAO, Fairy Tail, Demon Slayer (hell shounen anime in general), Mushoku Tensei, any ecchi anime, etc.

That's just shows don't even get me started on characters like Sakura and Sasuke from Naruto, Orihime from Bleach, Endeavor from My Hero Academia, Gabi from AOT Season 4, among others.

Or last but certainly not least what I consider to be the most toxic hatedom in the anime community that no one talks about dub haters.

I am not saying you are wrong but I just don't understand how you think hatedoms aren't toxic.
Adimus_primeMar 8, 2021 11:55 PM
Mar 8, 2021 10:58 PM

Jul 2007
Nothing listed in this thread is even close to the toxic hate that Mahou Shoujo Site gets. It's sickening when people laugh at bullying and abuse in this story. These are things that can happen irl and the bullying depicted in Mahou Shoujo Site is more realistic than some people are comfortable accepting.

Anyway, the hate is so bad that people think I'm fucking trolling when I say Mahou Shoujo Site is an amazing series. It gets kinda annoying to explain lol
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 8, 2021 11:13 PM

May 2020
RoDA-5015 said:
r/titanfolk on Reddit has been a complete and total shit show lately. But the absolute worst right now are the One Piece power scalers. God, it’s so freaking bad, every leak thread is a absolute disaster because of it.
Why ? Everyone is happy about the new chapter lol atleast in reddit

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 8, 2021 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
Adimus_prime said:
Hrybami said:
Ok, I need you to explain you stance on this one. The amount of people who I have seen mocked, berated, and insulted for saying they like shows liking SAO, Fairy Tail, Demon Slayer (hell shounen anime in general), Mushoku Tensei, any ecchi anime, etc.

That's just shows don't even get me started on characters like Sakura and Sasuke from Naruto, Orihime from Bleach, Endeavor from My Hero Academia, among others.

Or last but certainly not least what I consider to be the most toxic hatedom in the anime community that no one talks about dub haters.

I am not saying you are wrong but I just don't understand how you think hatedoms aren't toxic.

Also 3d cgi haters are worth mentioning. They have gotten extremely annoying.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 9, 2021 12:27 AM

Oct 2010
clearly the ecchi haters, somehow the hate for ecchi unites life long enemies like snk x fmab fans
Mar 9, 2021 2:17 AM

Sep 2014
Adimus_prime said:
Hrybami said:
Ok, I need you to explain you stance on this one. The amount of people who I have seen mocked, berated, and insulted for saying they like shows like SAO, Fairy Tail, Demon Slayer (hell shounen anime in general), Mushoku Tensei, any ecchi anime, etc.

That's just shows don't even get me started on characters like Sakura and Sasuke from Naruto, Orihime from Bleach, Endeavor from My Hero Academia, Gabi from AOT Season 4, among others.

The hatedom is a group of people who didn't like an anime. They are allowed to dislike an anime and support their claim. This activity in itself is not toxic.

The toxicity is when they insult other people based on what they like or dislike. For the hatedom, it means attacking people and not attacking the anime.

SAO Hatedom is indeed very toxic. But that's about it. The toxicity for the other anime is caused from the fans of other shounen entering in a war between each other. Someone who isn't part of a fanbase and just happen to hate on a particular shounen isn't going to engage in this war. Hence the fans are the cause of the toxicity, and not the haters.

Wars aside, you can still find some elitists or arrogant trolls basically anywhere. Finding them in a hatedom doesn't confirm that the hatedom initiate toxicity since these cunts were already toxic to begin with.

Most frequently it's the fandom who attack the hatedom because the fandom are more concerned about the anime than the hatedom. The hatedom can easily shit on an anime and move on without feeling invested. The fandom however isn't going to move on that easily since they feel connected with the anime and need to protect their beliefs. The most frequently used defense against someone challenging their beliefs is to insult the other peer. Thus the reason why fans are more toxic than haters.

Maybe you don't like when people shit on dubbed anime. But very rarely you would get attacked for saying you like dubbed anime.
Mar 9, 2021 3:08 AM
Jan 2021
Its pretty much any battle shounen anime you can think of
Mar 9, 2021 3:16 AM

May 2018
Surprisingly, Jojo haters. They are so unobjective, uninspiring, aggressive and obnoxious I always cringe.

Mar 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Nov 2020
Demon Slayer, Shield Hero, Pui Pui Molcar lmao

Mar 9, 2021 3:20 AM

Sep 2008
does toxic mean loud? I'm out of touch with current year terms.

I personally think brotherhood fans are the most hateful for one simple reason.
they treat everyone and everything like an enemy. they're not fans of anime, they're fans of brotherhood and nothing else.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 9, 2021 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Hard to state a single hatedom since I have taken a part in almost every single one of em.
Mar 9, 2021 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
Demon slayer
They get triggered asf as soon as they hear that title lmao. The meltdown they have never gets boring
Mar 9, 2021 3:26 AM

Feb 2021
My Hero Academia has the 2nd most toxic fandom(dbz is the no1)and has the most toxic hatedom.
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Mar 9, 2021 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer: There is nothing "wrong" about it, it's really just a matter of your opinion and preferences.

Sword Art Online: Okay, I think Kirito is really boring and it's annoying that he got so many girls swarming over him, but again: There is nothing really wrong with it, maybe just that one scene at the end...

And some more that are just "normal anime".

Tho, I'll always will hate on Redo of a Healer, because that's so wrong and disgusting on so many levels ... that's an anime that absolutely deserved hate lol god damn rape shit.
Mar 9, 2021 3:44 AM

Aug 2018
attack on titan and demon slayer haters, smh
Mar 9, 2021 3:48 AM

Oct 2019
I've seen people hating on Kimetsu no Yaiba and My Hero Academia like there's no tomorrow on here.
Mar 9, 2021 4:51 AM

Feb 2019
Clearly the K-On! hatedom. It's bunch of cringey kids who don't understand the depth of a show about bunch of girls drinking tea.
Mar 9, 2021 5:49 AM

Jul 2017
Nyess_ said:
RoDA-5015 said:

Have you not seen the Aaron Yogurt stuff? Titanfolk is freaking out.
Mar 9, 2021 5:51 AM

May 2020
RoDA-5015 said:
Nyess_ said:

LMAO that's just a stupid meme dude . What's wrong with that ?

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 9, 2021 5:55 AM

Jul 2017
Nyess_ said:
RoDA-5015 said:

LMAO that's just a stupid meme dude . What's wrong with that ?

To some it’s a stupid meme, sure. But there is a ton of Hate from EruHisu shippers on there. Just yesterday a thread got locked because of death threats, that’s like the definition of toxic.

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

74 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 minute ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

32 by Kenzolo-folk »»
8 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

76 by Bandulf »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.