Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei' Gets TV Anime

New
Jan 27, 2021 11:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The editorial department of Futabasha's Monster Bunko imprint announced a television anime for Miku's Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei (The Evolution Fruit: Conquering Life Unknowingly) light novel on Thursday.

Synopsis
"Seiichi Hiiragi is an ugly, revolting, dirty, smelly fatass"—these are the insults hurled at him one after another about his appearance. Such was Seiichi's miserable school life.

One day, a voice claiming to be a God announced over the public address system to prepare to be transported to another world. The entire school, including Seiichi, were sent to a fantasy world featuring game-like elements such as levels, stats, and skills. However, the God still had preparations to complete for the transfer, and would send them over as soon as the hero summoning ritual was ready. The classes all formed groups to wait for the transfer, but Seiichi alone was excluded, and as such was summoned to a different area. After being transported, the first thing Seiichi ate was the "Fruit of Evolution," which would come to greatly change his life...

This story follows Seiichi from being bullied by his classmates, neglected as a companion, to his hard work, positive attitude, and surviving in this new world. As a result, he becomes one of the champions before he knows it. (Source: MU, amended)

Miku launched the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in January 2014. Futabasha began publishing the series featuring illustrations by U35 (Lapis Re:LiGHTs) in September that year and shipped the 11th volume last June. The 12th volume is scheduled for a February 26 release.

Sorano originally began drawing a manga adaptation in Web Comic Action in September 2017 before switching to Gaugau Monster in December 2019. Futabasha will ship the sixth volume on Saturday, which also features the anime announcement on its wraparound band.

Novel special site: https://gaugau.futabanet.jp/list/work/5de48eb87765613f8d000000/

Source: Monster Bunko official Twitter

Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei on MAL
VindstotJan 28, 2021 3:52 PM

Jan 28, 2021 12:07 AM

Oct 2017
So bruh that gorilla has turned into that girl?
Jan 28, 2021 12:15 AM

Sep 2020
Isekai? Count me in! I'm one of those people who consume a lot of Isekai's.
Jan 28, 2021 12:19 AM

Feb 2016
Seriously too many unexpected adaptation announcements this year
I had lost hope for this to be turned into an anime and there's still a high chance for a not-so-good adaptation
Jan 28, 2021 1:44 AM

May 2009
No fucking way xD.

A'ight, time to bully common sense-chan once more.
Jan 28, 2021 2:35 AM
Sep 2020
Bruh looks like the whole reject humanity return to monke thing is actually happening
Jan 28, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2008
were sent to a fantasy world featuring game-like elements such as levels, stats, and skills.
Oh shit, I'd love to see that. Wonder why nobody came up with something like that earlier. Probably because it requires such amazing imagination to come up with another fucking RPG world... Seriously, someone explain to me how country with folklore like that can't do anything other than "fantasy" game world setting for a story.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 28, 2021 3:10 AM

Jul 2017
ysphyr said:
"Seiichi Hiiragi is an ugly, revolting, dirty, smelly fatass"
Lol this is gold
this sounds just like me

looking forward to see this series
Jan 28, 2021 3:11 AM

Jul 2017
Finally Chitoge got a fellow gorilla waifu
Jan 28, 2021 3:41 AM
Apr 2014
Feels like a Mukoshu Tensei clone (remember SAO clones?)
Jan 28, 2021 3:48 AM

Sep 2019
The synopsis sounds hilarious. It looks like the ugly, revolting, dirty, smelly fatass boy turned into a bishounen and the gorilla turned into a bishoujo. These alone are enough for me to watch it lmao.
Jan 28, 2021 4:09 AM

Feb 2019
isekai with gorila waifu...

SKIIIIIIP!!!

Antanaru said:
were sent to a fantasy world featuring game-like elements such as levels, stats, and skills.
Oh shit, I'd love to see that. Wonder why nobody came up with something like that earlier. Probably because it requires such amazing imagination to come up with another fucking RPG world... Seriously, someone explain to me how country with folklore like that can't do anything other than "fantasy" game world setting for a story.

wait! sure a some novelfag to says you that the novel is great, that you should wait for volume X to be adapted and then it will be the most innovative isekai yada yada
I've only heard that a 8938747358 times
Jan 28, 2021 4:21 AM
Jul 2020
Reject humanity,
Return to monke
Jan 28, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
Reading that synopsis was extremely painful.
Won't someone please send a ticking package to the CEO of isekai?
あなたは誰?
Jan 28, 2021 5:40 AM

Nov 2014
Love to see the mere mention of a new isekai get under people's skin. Suck it, isekais are going nowhere. There's always the option of not watching them if you don't like them, too.
Lloydy33Jan 28, 2021 6:11 AM
Jan 28, 2021 7:32 AM

Apr 2020
it's the isekai renaissance (or dark age), baby

Jan 28, 2021 8:09 AM

Oct 2020
Oh wow. Now that's an isekai title i actually feel like I've never read/seen before even in a certain website. XD
This gave me hope on cliche villainess isekais will be a trend too. XD
A certain person lurking here
Jan 28, 2021 8:19 AM

Aug 2015
RayReynolds said:

Antanaru said:

wait! sure a some novelfag to says you that the novel is great, that you should wait for volume X to be adapted and then it will be the most innovative isekai yada yada

The best part is that after those novelfags get exposed on how bad their LN is, they complain and say that is "The studio´s fault. This is just a bad adaptation and it doesn´t show those relatable dialogues that I love so much. Anime sucks".

It has happened every single time a "popular" LN is adapted. Like literally every single time the loop repeats.

Love to see the mere mention of a new isekai get under people's skin. Suck it, isekais are going nowhere. There's always the option of not watching them if you don't like them, too.

There is no better example than Isekais on how quantity never equals quality.

Jan 28, 2021 8:59 AM

Sep 2020
Another "Insert here a title that doesn't make any sense, I swear my isekai is consistent and different" adaptation...

Bleeeergh.
Hope this may be a funny one.

C'mon. I love LNs, really do! But there's some garbage out there.
Trust me guys, have you ever entered Syosetu?
niko_sbJan 28, 2021 9:03 AM
Jan 28, 2021 9:18 AM

Nov 2014
Pakumen- said:
RayReynolds said:

The best part is that after those novelfags get exposed on how bad their LN is, they complain and say that is "The studio´s fault. This is just a bad adaptation and it doesn´t show those relatable dialogues that I love so much. Anime sucks".

It has happened every single time a "popular" LN is adapted. Like literally every single time the loop repeats.

There is no better example than Isekais on how quantity never equals quality.

While I agree that quantity never equals quality, you could pin that label onto so many other genres of anime, not just isekai. Isekai has it's target audience and people enjoy it for what it is. Those that don't, needn't spend their time complaining about it every time a new one is announced. Some are bad, some are good, as with any genre. However it seems in the eyes of many of these people, ALL isekai are bad.
Jan 28, 2021 10:59 AM
May 2015
Reading these comments made me laugh because it's true lol. It's hilarious how people defends these types of novel and are all like "Ohh, it's going to get better later on" or "This isekai is different, yo and it's totally not generic". Face it, most of these isekais have been almost the same for god knows how long now.

Reading the synopsis for this adaptation is further proof that these authors are all out of ideas and they're pulling whatever they could come up with out of their ass, just to try and differentiate their work with other 1028384 isekais out there.
jc9622Jan 28, 2021 12:35 PM

Jan 28, 2021 1:00 PM

Oct 2010
who's the guy on the cover? this looks like redo of healer sissy version
Jan 28, 2021 1:11 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
More uninspired-looking fantasy-RPG-themed isekai light novel adaptations, all right, moving on..........

Mei2Mei said:

Isekai stories where MC is reincarnated as some otome game villainess is already a trend.
Just look at how many frickin manga that came out recently that are all about that: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/all?name=villainess&sort=year&order=desc
Jan 28, 2021 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
jc9622 said:
Reading these comments made me laugh because it's true lol. It's hilarious how people defends these types of novel and are all like "Ohh, it's going to get better later on" or "This isekai is different, yo and it's totally not generic". Face it, most of these isekais have been almost the same for god knows how long now.

Reading the synopsis for this adaptation is further proof that these authors are all out of ideas and they're pulling whatever they could come up with out of their ass, just to try and differentiate their work with other 1028384 isekais out there.

Who's defending them? 99% of comments when an isekai adaption is announced is basically the same old rinse and repeat "Shit isekai"
Jan 28, 2021 8:30 PM

Sep 2016
New isekai getting adapted?

Awwww yeah.
bruh
Jan 28, 2021 8:47 PM

Oct 2020
Fario-P said:
Mei2Mei said:

Isekai stories where MC is reincarnated as some otome game villainess is already a trend.
Just look at how many frickin manga that came out recently that are all about that: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/all?name=villainess&sort=year&order=desc

I know. I mean, it even trended across Manhwa + Korean novels and CN novels.. XD
But it hasn't really touched the anime community yet~ (the only one got adapted so far is hamefura) so I'll be looking forward to it.. lol XD
A certain person lurking here
Jan 28, 2021 10:10 PM

Jul 2017
Isekai genre again ? , is isekai story have so much audience. so up comming season isekai genre waiting. what next again ?, let me guess isekai again.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 29, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2015
>"Seiichi Hiiragi is an ugly, revolting, dirty, smelly fatass"

finally a self-insert that MALers can agree upon.
Jan 30, 2021 1:15 PM

Dec 2016
Waited it for a long time, finally
Jan 31, 2021 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
It's here!! It's finally here!!!
Which god do I need to pray now for this to be good?
and which to get TIlea's Worries adapted?!!

If I live to see those animes, I'll die without grief left in this life.
My candies:

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Today, 1:21 AM

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.