Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 127 128 [129] 130 131 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
BlakexEkalb said:
deg said:

Animation Directors are actually Animation Supervisors they correct the drawings and animation to be consistent looking but ye too many of them means there is bad production schedule and too many of them means there are varying levels of expertise so ye inconsistency like off model drawings are expected if that happens

I haven’t seen the episode yet (sadly), but I’ve seen images of the beast Titan.... what do you think of it lmao

i actually like the 3DCG parts since im use to watching modern mecha anime that is full of 3DCG mecha lol

at least 3DCG is always consistent with on model character designs and they do not need ADs or Animation Directors lol
Dec 6, 2020 10:01 AM
Feb 2017
deg said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I haven’t seen the episode yet (sadly), but I’ve seen images of the beast Titan.... what do you think of it lmao

i actually like the 3DCG parts since im use to watching modern mecha anime that is full of 3DCG mecha lol

at least 3DCG is always consistent with on model character designs and they do not need ADs or Animation Directors lol

I’ve seen a lot of people hating, which is to be expected, just have to see it for myself.
Dec 6, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:
keragamming said:

As long as the quality stays at this level, I could care less.

34 key animators on episode 1 for an average animation or movement is kinda bad though dude and expect that to rise even more in later episodes when there is more crunch time

They could use a 100 just as long the quality doesn't dip too much from the first episode I am good.
Dec 6, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
deg said:

34 key animators on episode 1 for an average animation or movement is kinda bad though dude and expect that to rise even more in later episodes when there is more crunch time

They could use a 100 just as long the quality doesn't dip too much from the first episode I am good.

welp thats bad for the budget management but ye i know your exaggerating there and i get your point that you only care about the final result aka the end justify the means
Dec 6, 2020 10:15 AM
Jan 2018
The mods have their work cut out for them with all the threads they will need to close and remove etc ,

Has mal ever considered having it so that threads need approval
Dec 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
VanishingKira said:
https://twitter.com/exaenae/status/1335620365335339009
Right off the bat, 7 animation directors, 34 key animators and three production assistants. Absolutely outlandish.

Blou correct them

I don't want to tweet much about AOT but...
This is NHK bullshit credits. They group all the animation directors together and don't separate the 2nd KA.

The credits for the first episode are rather normal. 3 ADs, one assistant, 2 FX ADs, 18 key animators. No disaster yet. https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1335645906289504257
Dec 6, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2019
I actually think that the episode looked better than the PV.

If the animation stays consistent thorough the season I’ll be happy.
Dec 6, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2020
cAbaddon said:

If the animation stays consistent thorough the season I’ll be happy.
It absolutely does, the PV is barely animated. People saying PV looked better is madness.
Dec 6, 2020 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
cAbaddon said:

at best they are equal but not better, like there is barely any difference in composite which is subjective take on which one is better (i prefer the glossy look of the PV) while the character movements on the actual show is average to below average for a 1 cour show and ye the actual show do CGI titans that a lot criticize but i like that at least
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 PM
Dec 2019
deg said:
cAbaddon said:

at best they are equal but not better, like there is barely any difference in composite which is subjective take on which one is better (i prefer the glossy look of the PV) while the character movements on the actual show is average to below average for a 1 cour show and ye the actual show do CGI titans that a lot criticize but i like that at least

Another thing were panicking about was the pacing, thankfully those concerns have been put to rest.
Dec 6, 2020 2:48 PM
Apr 2020
yeah sorry for stating my opinion but I went into the ep expecting it to be alright at least but I have to say that the CG imo is overall better but WIT used it sparingly and only for colossal titan and other hard to hand draw elements, that's fine but in this ep they switch between CG and hand-drawn often and use it too often (IMO) and that's a huge disappointment for me. also I think it's pretty fucking stupid to say its the best shonen adaption when we have only seen one episode of the final season that either makes or breaks the anime, if the finally is bad the show is ruined. (manga reader btw)
WhiteTestament said:
bonzei said:
this is probably the most dissapointed i have been in my life the cgi was solid but they should have used it sparingly instead of whenever a titan showed up

We have one of the few great shonen adapting its final arc and we still bitch about this fuckin CG.
Dec 6, 2020 5:16 PM

Dec 2015
I became too attatched to this thread, and I don't want it to be forgotten. Please guys, keep discussing about anything, maybe about the possibility of a movie sequel
Dec 6, 2020 5:25 PM

Jan 2009
HistleChif said:
deg said:

Another thing were panicking about was the pacing, thankfully those concerns have been put to rest.

its been ages since i read the manga and i do not re-read manga but i think they added a lot of additional filler content in this episode to achieve that 2 chapter pacing so to me they could do at least 2.5 to 3 chapters per episode if they can but ye thats just me really liking a fast pace story telling
Dec 6, 2020 5:29 PM
Nov 2019
Well, I think it's time I take my leave from these discussion threads. It's been fun, but now that the episode is out and giving everyone a hate boner for the CGI, these just aren't as fun to read anymore. Take care, hope ya'll can enjoy it as much as I did, I thought it was insane
Dec 6, 2020 8:26 PM
Feb 2017
JJ_jose said:
Well, I think it's time I take my leave from these discussion threads. It's been fun, but now that the episode is out and giving everyone a hate boner for the CGI, these just aren't as fun to read anymore. Take care, hope ya'll can enjoy it as much as I did, I thought it was insane

It's just an overreaction, it's to be expected. In actuality, the CGI wasn't that bad. The only bad CGI would be the Beast Titan, but besides that the CGI was at least average, if not better.
Dec 6, 2020 8:29 PM
Nov 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
JJ_jose said:

It's just an overreaction, it's to be expected. In actuality, the CGI wasn't that bad. The only bad CGI would be the Beast Titan, but besides that the CGI was at least average, if not better.
yeah, I completely understand people's problems with it, but hopefully people will get used to it with time. In some cases I think the CGI actually helped some of the cool action scenes. Take the jaw titan jumping off rooftops like a madman for example, I don't think they could've made it as fast otherwise
Dec 6, 2020 11:07 PM

Aug 2017
I need to watch the episode! Maybe later!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2020 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
By the way, considering we already have a BluRay preorder, it's technically not possible for the sequel (actual finale) to be in episode format. Season 3 Bluray came with both Part 1 and 2, so they can't exactly create a part 2 for Final Season. Specially with Leakers insisting the Final Season is indeed the last Season. In another words, it's almost certain we will have a movie right?
Dec 7, 2020 4:17 AM

Dec 2018
this thread is pretty much ded now
Dec 7, 2020 4:19 AM

Sep 2018
sammy69 said:

Just follow my posts, I was the one gave "heat" to this thread anyway.
Dec 7, 2020 4:24 AM

Sep 2019
SirTristram said:
sammy69 said:

The thread was the most fun when you didnt post any replies tbh XD
Dec 7, 2020 4:30 AM

Sep 2018
Rdxrchi said:

But... I was here all along?

Maybe you are talking about my occasional hiatuses. I'll be completely gone in a few days, don't worry.
Dec 7, 2020 5:22 AM
May 2019
SirTristram said:
Rdxrchi said:

Maybe you are talking about my occasional hiatuses. I'll be completely gone in a few days, don't worry.

you are truly a detestable person, with a negativity and arrogance that make me believe that you are alone in the world. and if you are not, I'm sorry for those around you, I don't know how they can bear you
Dec 7, 2020 5:35 AM

Jan 2009
Jockeys said:
SirTristram said:

you are truly a detestable person, with a negativity and arrogance that make me believe that you are alone in the world. and if you are not, I'm sorry for those around you, I don't know how they can bear you

chill this is just an anime no need for ad hominems or personal attacks
Dec 7, 2020 5:38 AM

Dec 2018
SirTristram said:
Rdxrchi said:

he alaways been there
Dec 7, 2020 5:39 AM

Dec 2018
Jockeys said:
SirTristram said:

not gonna lie but thats poetic as fucc😂
Dec 7, 2020 5:40 AM

Dec 2018
SirTristram said:
sammy69 said:

yas u chad.............................
Dec 7, 2020 5:47 AM

Sep 2016
@sammy69 how does it feel to be the creator of this thread.
Dec 7, 2020 6:03 AM

Dec 2018
SnipELateness said:
tbh i never thought this one is gonna have over 6000+ comments or even come close to 100.....man . at first i was like bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh and now idk how i actually feel abt it ....
Dec 7, 2020 6:06 AM

Dec 2018
sammy69 said:
SnipELateness said:
tbh i never thought this one is gonna have over 6000+ comments or even come close to 100.....man . at first i was like bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh and now idk how i actually feel abt it ....
tho this thread was an entire battlefield itself i swear to god😂😂and idk how yall wrote so many paragraphs 😂😂
Dec 7, 2020 6:09 AM

Oct 2013
I hope @Hinako49 still will post the Cao translations. I'm actually interested in his opinion after the first episode is reveal and if he is seeing mostly positive opinion of the first episode or not.
Dec 7, 2020 6:19 AM
Nov 2020
keragamming said:
I hope @Hinako49 still will post the Cao translations. I'm actually interested in his opinion after the first episode is reveal and if he is seeing mostly positive opinion of the first episode or not.

i was thinking to post it yesterday but i don't wanna stir more fights in this forum lol 😂 so many people shit posting on mappa now

i already saw comments calling Cao a liar cause ep 1 is nowhere close to an awesome animation that he said before

tho it is just troll comments, i am uncomfortable about this because i feel like its my fault for moving all his posts here and earn him the unnecessary hate when the outcome doesn't satisfy some people 😞
hinako49Dec 7, 2020 6:25 AM
Dec 7, 2020 6:27 AM

Sep 2018
@Hinako49

I knew this would happen and this is plain wrong. He was a sweet guy who tried to reply everyone's questions even though he was extremely busy. He doesn't deserve this. I hope it won't get worse.
Dec 7, 2020 6:42 AM
Nov 2020
SirTristram said:
@Hinako49

I knew this would happen and this is plain wrong. He was a sweet guy who tried to reply everyone's questions even though he was extremely busy. He doesn't deserve this. I hope it won't get worse.

yeah there are still lots of reasonable fans thankfully, cause from Cao's awkward stance he really cant comment much about the episode, he is part of the production team , they've worked hard & present to us what they think is the best through the anime, the rest its up to us audience to evaluate it objectively...

Dec 7, 2020 6:48 AM
Apr 2019
hinako49 said:
SirTristram said:
@Hinako49

yeah there are still lots of reasonable fans thankfully, cause from Cao's awkward stance he really cant comment much about the episode, he is part of the production team , they've worked hard & present to us what they think is the best through the anime, the rest its up to us audience to evaluate it objectively...

can't help but there are people like sir tristam who could not even appriciate the efforts of the staff they made and tried to satisfy the viewers they are everywhere on social media :(
Dec 7, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
can't help but there are people like sir tristam who could not even appriciate the efforts of the staff they made and tried to satisfy the viewers they are everywhere on social media :(

Just fuck off if your standards are low and you want to ride MAPPA's dick.

I wasn't ever an advocate for harassing staffs individually and I stated this many times. Being rightfully harsh on MAPPA on a forum is something else but harassing staff is something else. I bet you'll start harassing them as soon as this turns into 7DS despite speaking like this. I'll stay true to myself until the end at the very least.
Dec 7, 2020 6:53 AM

Oct 2015
hinako49 said:
keragamming said:

i was thinking to post it yesterday but i don't wanna stir more fights in this forum lol 😂 so many people shit posting on mappa now

i already saw comments calling Cao a liar cause ep 1 is nowhere close to an awesome animation that he said before

tho it is just troll comments, i am uncomfortable about this because i feel like its my fault for moving all his posts here and earn him the unnecessary hate when the outcome doesn't satisfy some people 😞
As long as CGI was involved in the big picture, it was set in stone that the community would be divided. For some, even if Disney came to do animation for AoT, it would still be a downside. So don't feel bad for something you didn't do: you shared something that many people enjoyed reading, don't forget!
Dec 7, 2020 6:59 AM
Apr 2019
SirTristram said:
Bababazooka69 said:

'll stay true to myself until the end at the very least.
so you are saying "fuck pacing, fuck story, fuck characters, fuck writing i want 2d sakuga all over my screen for whole 16 episodes" just go and watch those MAD sakuga vids on loop then drop final season from your list already.
Dec 7, 2020 7:03 AM
Nov 2020
Nostalgik said:
hinako49 said:

As long as CGI was involved in the big picture, it was set in stone that the community would be divided. For some, even if Disney came to do animation for AoT, it would still be a downside. So don't feel bad for something you didn't do: you shared something that many people enjoyed reading, don't forget!

ahh thanks for the kind words!!!
Dec 7, 2020 7:05 AM
Jan 2018
Quick question. Will the subtitles be delayed after every episode or it was exclusive just for the 1st one?
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 7, 2020 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
so you are saying "fuck pacing, fuck story, fuck characters, fuck writing i want 2d sakuga all over my screen for whole 16 episodes" just go and watch those MAD sakuga vids on loop then drop final season from your list already.

Sure man, just put words on my mouth I've never said. This shows your inability to form an argument and why you think the way you think now. You can not think there can be a gray area, it's only absolutes for you. Let me tell you something; what you are talking about isn't something mutually exclusive. You can both get great 2D animation and great storytelling. You don't have to sacrifice one in order to make the other better. In fact, they are all connected and support each other. They won't be able to do justice to this story if this level of animaton keeps going, and you'll see it too.

Dec 7, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2019
Bhaskar_Singh said:
Quick question. Will the subtitles be delayed after every episode or it was exclusive just for the 1st one?
It will be delayed after every episode just like s3p2
Dec 7, 2020 7:13 AM
Jan 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
Bhaskar_Singh said:
It will be delayed after every episode just like s3p2

Damnit. Its available at like 2.30 AM in India. Sleepless nights I guess.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 7, 2020 7:14 AM
Apr 2019
SirTristram said:
Bababazooka69 said:

Sure man, just put words on my mouth I've never said. This shows your inability to form an argument and why you think the way you think now. You can not think there can be a gray area, it's only absolutes for you. Let me tell you something; what you are talking about isn't something mutually exclusive. You can both get great 2D animation and great storytelling. You don't have to sacrifice one in order to make the other better. In fact, they are all connected and support each other. They won't be able to do justice to this story if this level of animaton keeps going, and you'll see it too.

s3p2 had wonky animations at times and cgi colossal too yet its in top 10 cause of its story and characters. If this season has average animation throughout, it will be in top 10 why? cause of its story and characters. You are an anime only i assume so wait and watch
Dec 7, 2020 7:18 AM

Sep 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
s3p2 had wonky animations at times and cgi colossal too yet its in top 10 cause of its story and characters. If this season has average animation throughout, it will be in top 10 why? cause of its story and characters. You are an anime only i assume so wait and watch

S3P2 had wonky animation, this is completely wonky animation on it's own. There is a big difference. No one would dare to say anything bad to MAPPA if they were to at least reach S3P2 levels of animation with the schedules they had. They literally filled the show with CGI lmao, what are you talking about?

This is only slightly better than OPM S2 to me and it might get worse. People would see it too if they were objective and not blinded by their love for the AoT.
Dec 7, 2020 7:39 AM
Apr 2019
SirTristram said:
Bababazooka69 said:

S3P2 had wonky animation, this is completely wonky animation on it's own. There is a big difference. No one would dare to say anything bad to MAPPA if they were to at least reach S3P2 levels of animation with the schedules they had. They literally filled the show with CGI lmao, what are you talking about?

This is only slightly better than OPM S2 to me and it might get worse. People would see it too if they were objective and not blinded by their love for the AoT.
And this cgi is OBJECTIVELY a decent cgi not the best not the worst certainly better than colossal cgi. I would suggest you to watch episode again in 1080p if you think this cgi is bad like berserk bad. You are one of those guys who would say its cgi no matter its good or bad its still cgi like its some cursed technology anime has started to implemented it recently
Dec 7, 2020 7:43 AM

Sep 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
And this cgi is OBJECTIVELY a decent cgi not the best not the worst certainly better than colossal cgi. I would suggest you to watch episode again in 1080p if you think this cgi is bad like berserk bad. You are one of those guys who would say its cgi no matter its good or bad its still cgi like its some cursed technology anime has started to implemented it recently

Dude, where the hell I said problem was the CGI? I've been telling the CGI is the only decent part of the episode, not great but not too bad. Everything else is the issue.

You are speaking autonomously with all these memorized lines like a robot just to defend this.

Anyway, let's not argue further.
Dec 7, 2020 7:45 AM

Aug 2020
SirTristram said:
Bababazooka69 said:

Dude, where the hell I said problem was the CGI? I've been telling the CGI is the only decent part of the episode, not great but not too bad. Everything else is the issue.

You are speaking autonomously with all these memorized lines like a robot just to defend this.

Anyway, let's not argue further.
i am genuinely curious to know what your other issues are....
Dec 7, 2020 7:47 AM

Sep 2018
TweedleDane said:
i am genuinely curious to know what your other issues are....

MironBiron nailed it, these are exactly my thoughts except for the fact I already accepted the CGI:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1880211&show=50#msg61324393
Dec 7, 2020 7:58 AM

Dec 2018
i wonder how the aot fandom would be if i didnt create this thread
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 127 128 [129] 130 131 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.