Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2020 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
Great news! people, dont ruin the moment by arguing about which gender or demographic is better, although I hope that one day everyone will appreciate how good and special is the CGDCT, shoujo ai and the yuri.

Another attempt to match CGDCT with yuri only provokes new controversy, since it is CGDCT that is to blame for the fact that pure yuri without any baiting is relatively small in the industry.
Aug 28, 2020 7:05 AM

Dec 2018
Rosary_Diva said:
Great news! people, dont ruin the moment by arguing about which gender or demographic is better, although I hope that one day everyone will appreciate how good and special is the CGDCT, shoujo ai and the yuri.

I am also really looking forward to this

The first season was so strong in the Yuri .it was so pure and good

Its not often you see a unique Yuri/CGDCT like this . Imo It was the most memorable of all of them last year. Great characters story and lovely animations. I really hope for a lesbian kiss in season two between the lovebirds. They are so cute together =) and shows like this just warms the heart

Yuri-CrusaderAug 28, 2020 7:08 AM
Aug 28, 2020 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
Fario-P said:
Renkini said:
Why are people surprised?

Cuz this was one of the least watched (and least talked about) anime from that season... nobody (not even the show's own fans like myself) expected it to be popular enough to warrant more anime being made lol

The problem is looking into the wrong side of the world, it did great in Japan, sold fantastic.
Aug 28, 2020 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
Fario-P said:

Cuz this was one of the least watched (and least talked about) anime from that season... nobody (not even the show's own fans like myself) expected it to be popular enough to warrant more anime being made lol

The problem is looking into the wrong side of the world, it did great in Japan, sold fantastic.

Um, what kind of sales in Japan are you talking about? Earlier in the thread, people mentioned sales and as far as I understood, this did not reach the required level.
Aug 28, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
TiagoCosta said:

Um, what kind of sales in Japan are you talking about? Earlier in the thread, people mentioned sales and as far as I understood, this did not reach the required level.
~

By today standards it did really well, it was underprinted at first, and sold out for a few weeks (sold around 2k on the first week), ended up averaging over 5k over the 4 volumes.

If you take out the gacha stuff and the big sequels, it was top 5 of the year.

https://www.someanithing.com/10661
Aug 28, 2020 8:20 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
RobertBobert said:

~

By today standards it did really well, it was underprinted at first, and sold out for a weeks (sold around 2k on the first week), ended up averaging over 5k over the 4 volumes.

Do you think 5000+ is a fantastic result for a conventionally good anime? I don't know what numbers are considered successful for the first CGDCT adaptation, so I don't take genre into account.
Aug 28, 2020 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
TiagoCosta said:
~

By today standards it did really well, it was underprinted at first, and sold out for a weeks (sold around 2k on the first week), ended up averaging over 5k over the 4 volumes.

Do you think 5000+ is a fantastic result for a conventionally good anime? I don't know what numbers are considered successful for the first CGDCT adaptation, so I don't take genre into account.

For todays standards, yes I do. Almost nothing gets over that 5k line.

Nothing to do with genre, you are the one always trying to push that direction for some reason.
Aug 28, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
RobertBobert said:

Nothing to do with genre, you are the one always trying to push that direction for some reason.

Then why were people afraid that sales weren't enough to get a sequel?

Are you saying that the genre and format of anime does not affect the potential income from adaptation?
Aug 28, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
TiagoCosta said:

Are you saying that the genre and format of anime does not affect the potential income from adaptation?

Cause they are using data from when anime still sold way more. Sales completely died in the last 2-3 years.

I think it's not about the genre, but the overall income from the series:
-anime sales
-music sales
-merchandise sales
-manga sales (machakado was reprinted quite a few times for example)

The format matters, if it was a movie or somehting box office would be really important, meanwhile on the case of machikado we have TBS rankings, streaming etc unless you mean something else by format.

Aug 28, 2020 8:37 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
RobertBobert said:

Cause they are using data from when anime still sold way more. Sales completely died in the last 2-3 years.

-anime sales
-music sales
-merchandise sales

The format matters, if it was a movie or somehting box office would be really important, meanwhile on the case of machikado we have TBS rankings, streaming etc unless you mean something else by format.

So, the adaptation of this manga has been pretty successful by modern standards?
Aug 28, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
RobertBobert said:
TiagoCosta said:

-anime sales
-music sales
-merchandise sales

So, the adaptation of this manga has been pretty successful by modern standards?

That's what I was saying, yeah.

Anyway need to work, have a nice day.
Aug 28, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
RobertBobert said:

That's what I was saying, yeah.

Anyway need to work, have a nice day.

Thank you for the dialogue and have a nice day.
Aug 28, 2020 11:07 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Damn, wasn't expecting to get quoted on here this much lol

✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ✦

mozgow said:

Thanks for the recommendation, @Fario-P

np, legit forgot i recommended you this at some point. maybe you should nominate it into the Unpopular Anime Supporters club? :)

RobertBobert said:
Fario-P said:

Seriously? I remember the whole YouTube was filled with memes with this show or how some fans tried to claim that this anime has a queer representation at the Bloom into you level. Yes, hype in Japan and hype in the US are different things, but to say that this show was not very popular at least among Americans is just funny.

I suppose I did misspeak here, but I seriously didn't know anybody (my friends certainly didn't know about it and even people who randomly decided to talk to me while I was visiting irl anime/manga stores in the past) who knew about this show before I told them about it. I didn't see too much of how the show was received on YouTube, though I did see some nice fan-made gifs made for it.
Not to mention this show is still fairly on the lower side of the seasonal page for Summer 2019 (which is usually auto-sorted by how many MAL users put it on their list), so I still believe the show is quite overlooked.

TiagoCosta said:
Fario-P said:

Oh wow, I didn't know about that, but that's great to hear!
Aug 28, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
Fario-P said:
Oh wow, I didn't know about that, but that's great to hear!

Another thing to take in consideration, west wise, is how it is hidive only.

Hidive is still rather niche, next to crunchyroll or the funimation family of streaming websites.

But interesting you meantion MAL summer list, machikado has been on the rising, kinda got that cult like status over it and started to get more people to watch over quite a few of the ones above it(some already got less).
Aug 28, 2020 11:18 AM

Jan 2016
Did not expect a second season, but yes please, hell yeah.
Aug 28, 2020 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
TiagoCosta said:
But interesting you meantion MAL summer list, machikado has been on the rising, kinda got that cult like status over it and started to get more people to watch over quite a few of the ones above it(some already got less).

More or less, the announcement of the new season will definitely motivate folks to watch it too. At least I started several franchises myself after the next sequels were announced.
Aug 28, 2020 7:06 PM

Sep 2011
A pleasant surprise. I shall be looking forward to this.
Aug 28, 2020 8:25 PM

Nov 2013
YESSS, I'm so happy, this was easily one of the best shows last year! Was really worried we wouldn't see more since it took awhile for this to be announced, so glad we're gonna get more!

Cute girls, good vibes, and amazing world building.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Aug 28, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2017
I'm so happy about this!
Aug 28, 2020 8:45 PM
Apr 2019
more of kirara manga don't get season 2

that why Machikado mazouku is very lucky.
Aug 28, 2020 11:53 PM

May 2018
I remember when the 1st season announced, many peoples doubt about it because it handled by JC Staff, which at that time already worked on too many titles, and they also have 3 more titles on Summer 2019 alongside with Machikado

So, I personally considered this as their hidden gem l, and so hype about 2nd season.
Aug 29, 2020 5:07 AM

Aug 2008
Wow this is getting a second season? A total surprise for me.
Aug 29, 2020 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
Somewhat looking forward to this, I just hope the plot will be a bit ... thicker? It was sometimes teased in season 1 but never really went far and those were the best episodes. The other ones were generic cgdct SoL, with kinda few characters compared to better CGDCT shows.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 29, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Comander-07 said:
Somewhat looking forward to this, I just hope the plot will be a bit ... thicker? It was sometimes teased in season 1 but never really went far and those were the best episodes. The other ones were generic cgdct SoL, with kinda few characters compared to better CGDCT shows.

If you are about what I thought about, then further volumes were richer in this. It never went beyond the trademark Kirara bait though.
Aug 29, 2020 11:38 AM

Dec 2017
Moderators locked the hype thread, unfortunately, but this seems to be a nice groove. Really dug the first record and I'm looking forward to its sequel. Rock on, babe!
Aug 29, 2020 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
I did not expect this show to come back for a second season, but I'm definitely not mad about it!
Aug 29, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2019
Out of all the animes that could've gotten a second or third season, this boring moe shit gets it.
Aug 30, 2020 5:01 PM

Jul 2019
Ladha said:
guych said:
Out of all the animes that could've gotten a second or third season, this boring moe shit gets it.

Oh go cry in a corner. No matter what news, there's always someone that comes to bitch about it

I'm not mad about it nor bitching. A thread came up and I just said my opinions. No matter what you say in any forums, there's always someone that thinks they're mature because they say "stop complaining" to someone. Clown ass
Aug 30, 2020 6:23 PM

May 2015
yess!! Finally some good news! 2020 is looking better
Aug 31, 2020 2:52 AM

Oct 2019
This totally made my day.
Aug 31, 2020 8:56 AM

Mar 2016
This show was funny for four episodes. Think I'll skip the second season.
Aug 31, 2020 10:45 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't know this anime, I'll take a look and maybe I'll watch the first season.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Sep 1, 2020 2:57 PM

Sep 2014
guych said:
Ladha said:

Oh go cry in a corner. No matter what news, there's always someone that comes to bitch about it

I'm not mad about it nor bitching. A thread came up and I just said my opinions. No matter what you say in any forums, there's always someone that thinks they're mature because they say "stop complaining" to someone. Clown ass

Totally agree with you. I'm pretty tired of anyone attempting to oppress any form of negative opinion.

I'm not complaining, but I wished Joshikousei no Mudazukai to have a second season before Machikado Mazoku. The latter is quite lame and don't really feel like it needed a second season.
Sep 2, 2020 9:25 PM
Feb 2019
didn't think this would get a season 2.
Sep 8, 2020 2:38 AM
Nov 2012
YES.

This news made my month.

Demon Girl Next Door is one of my absolute favourites :D
Jan 6, 2021 12:44 PM
Apr 2018
the manga is great, i’m glad this got a season 2
Mar 28, 2021 7:46 PM
Apr 2019
Hrybami said:
guych said:

Totally agree with you. I'm pretty tired of anyone attempting to oppress any form of negative opinion.

I'm not complaining, but I wished Joshikousei no Mudazukai to have a second season before Machikado Mazoku. The latter is quite lame and don't really feel like it needed a second season.

Joshikousei no Mudazukai Is made by Passione, Machikado Mazoku is made by JC staff, so don't worry this show isn't getting in the way of any anime not made by JC staff. It's weird that people think that shows like this get in the way of anime's made by other studios.
Mar 28, 2021 8:17 PM

Sep 2014
insomniac3011 said:
Hrybami said:

Joshikousei no Mudazukai Is made by Passione, Machikado Mazoku is made by JC staff, so don't worry this show isn't getting in the way of any anime not made by JC staff. It's weird that people think that shows like this get in the way of anime's made by other studios.

I never said one show is getting in the way of another show lol. I was comparing them based on the fact that they were both adaptation of comedy manga with similar reception coming out in the same season. This comparaison makes sense since they are in a similar situation.
Apr 8, 2021 4:09 AM

Aug 2019
any recent news about this?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 20 seconds ago

0 by Snow »»
20 seconds ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

40 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.