Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Peach Boy Riverside' Receives TV Anime for Summer 2021

New
Aug 6, 2020 3:18 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Cool-kyou Shinja and Yohane's Peach Boy Riverside manga on Thursday, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser promo, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is scheduled to broadcast Summer 2021.

Staff
Director: Shigeru Ueda (Märchen Mädchen)
Series Composition: Keiichirou Oochi (Machikado Mazoku)
Character Design: Satomi Kurita (Princess Connect! Re:Drive), Masato Katou (Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori)
Music: Takaaki Nakahashi (Pan de Peace!)
Studio: Asahi Production (Omae wa Mada Gunma wo Shiranai)

Haruka Shiraishi (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai) and Nao Touyama (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) will be voicing the main protagonists, Saltorine Ardalake and Mikoto Kibitsu, respectively.

Synopsis
Saltorine Ardalake, or Sari, is a bright, cheerful princess who wants to go on an adventure because she is bored of her tiny little castle in the countryside. One day, a hoard of vicious demons known as "Oni" come knocking on her doorstep, threatening the lives of everyone in the Kingdom. Thankfully, they are saved by a lone traveler named Kibitsu Mikoto who slays these monsters with a mysterious "Peach Eye." Shocked by the dangers of the outside world, Sari decides to set off on a journey of her own. Little did she know that she would set in motion a chain of events that will come to determine the fate of this magical world. (Peach Boy Riverside Wiki)

Shounen Magazine R began serializing the manga in August 2015. Kodansha will publish the eighth volume on August 17.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://peachboyriverside.com/
Official Twitter: @peachboy_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Peach Boy Riverside on MAL
VindstotAug 6, 2020 11:11 PM
Aug 6, 2020 3:44 PM

Dec 2019
Interesting. I've never heard of the manga before, but perhaps it's worth a shot! Hope it's a kickass series.
Here we go again...
Aug 6, 2020 3:47 PM
May 2015
So a pure fantasy anime? With 2 female duos? Interesting...I'll definitely give this a try.

Aug 6, 2020 3:51 PM
Jun 2020
Their laughter at the end was frightening. Sign me up.
Aug 6, 2020 4:15 PM
Jul 2017
Praise the gesugao!
Aug 6, 2020 5:23 PM
May 2016
This sounds really cool, and the facial expressions and artwork look pretty good. This seems like it'll be a decent, edgy shounen series staring girls, especially since it isn't listed as an ecchi(thank god).

The only thing up to question is that the director has only fully directed a few things, that weren't that great, and a ton of one off episodes.

The studio has only at best produced or co-animated better shows, which also weren't that great either.

I do hope they make something good in the long run however. Good luck
Aug 6, 2020 5:42 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Ummm hello Based Department?

Coolkyoushinja kino is on the menu. One of my favorite mangaka.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2020 6:04 PM
May 2016
NG_Chloe said:
This sounds really cool, and the facial expressions and artwork look pretty good. This seems like it'll be a decent, edgy shounen series staring girls, especially since it isn't listed as an ecchi(thank god).

The only thing up to question is that the director has only fully directed a few things, that weren't that great, and a ton of one off episodes.

The studio has only at best produced or co-animated better shows, which also weren't that great either.

okay, I read the first chapter and...... SPOILERS SCROLL PASSED IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIST SPOILERS, THANK YOU.

Mikoto, black hair is actually a boy, thought you might know if you care. Doesn't change that first chapter was pretty decent, I think some parts felt a little rushed towards the end, but I thought it was enjoyable.

Also, this series is loosely based of Momotaro, and Mikoto(oh I see it), is basically a samurai. He's the peach boy, and so on. I also really like the designs of the demons, they were portrayed less as monsters, and more like Oni, there was even an intelligent, business like oni leading the group.

Series is edgy in a fun way, and it does occasionally show off Salt's chest a bit, but not in any way that's too much, so far. I only read the first chapter to my impressions, and that's it.
Aug 6, 2020 7:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
name: Peach Boy Riverside

sees: waifus

me: HUH?

anyway, i see waifus, so guaranteed watch
Aug 6, 2020 8:00 PM

Sep 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:

Peach boy as in Momotaro, one of Japan most famous fairy that see him fight oni. See the connection.
Aug 6, 2020 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
NG_Chloe said:

Yeah the director doesn't inspire much confidence, but these expressions are absolutely marvelous. Looks like it can be a decent "well-animated fight of the week" kind of show.
Aug 6, 2020 9:20 PM

Feb 2019
I don't know why they excited, it seems like the typical series of "demon slayers" with the added that the characters put Edgy expressions which is only a facade to appear a false dark.
Aug 7, 2020 2:09 AM

Oct 2017
Never heard of this manga before, hopefully the anime will leave a good impression so that I'll try the manga afterwards.
Aug 7, 2020 3:50 AM

Sep 2016
jc9622 said:
So a pure fantasy anime? With 2 female duos? Interesting...I'll definitely give this a try.

One of them is a long haired boy... LOL, Which is good for me I like action with little bit straight romance.
Aug 7, 2020 8:07 AM
May 2015
RiseUp_SS-kun said:
jc9622 said:

One of them is a long haired boy... LOL, Which is good for me I like action with little bit straight romance.
You mean the purple long haired character? Figures....I can't even tell which is which in anime anymore.

If it does have romance then I don't mind.

Aug 7, 2020 4:20 PM

Mar 2019
the manga cover looks different 🤔
Aug 8, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2012
jc9622 said:
RiseUp_SS-kun said:

You mean the purple long haired character? Figures....I can't even tell which is which in anime anymore.

If it does have romance then I don't mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if the author has drawn yuri in the past. Many of these authors have such a profound professional deformation that they can only create male leads or notable male characters if they are very androgynous and cute.

komic said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Peach boy as in Momotaro, one of Japan most famous fairy that see him fight oni. See the connection.

Is this just a cultural reference, or is the manga pretty much based on this tale? Quite interesting to know about this after we got the announcement of the anime based on Red Riding Hood.
Aug 9, 2020 3:23 AM

Dec 2018
Only girls i like that .This looks interesting. I love cute girls with swords. Hopefully it will also have some sweet Yuri vibes ,,,YEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderAug 9, 2020 3:39 AM
Aug 10, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2019
Yuri-Crusader said:
Only girls i like that .This looks interesting. I love cute girls with swords. Hopefully it will also have some sweet Yuri vibes ,,,YEEEEEES

actually one of them is a boy.
Aug 17, 2020 11:35 AM

Jul 2019
Those eyes enchanted me. I am waiting for more PV.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Oct 5, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2018
OMG i can't believe this! I love this manga. It deserves an anime adaptation! It's awesome!
PS: the manga has subtle romance between the main blondie girl and long purple-haired boy.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
35 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.