Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
lasso_914 said:
I've waited 12 episodes. and finally dropped it. They ruined it.that's one of the worst adaptaions ever.
The manga is way better, go read it folks.

most people actually despise the manga its actually a meme at this point in the fandom.
Dec 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2018
Enceeee said:
Its all whining shitheads, because the anime changed studios, yet the art stayed the same and nor did the animation drop. Episode 1 was a bit confusing yes, but that doesnt mean its shit in any way. Episode 2 was lit.
this animation quote aged poorly with the escanor and meliodas fight
Dec 25, 2019 5:47 PM
Jul 2016
vF_Wackiier said:
Enceeee said:
Its all whining shitheads, because the anime changed studios, yet the art stayed the same and nor did the animation drop. Episode 1 was a bit confusing yes, but that doesnt mean its shit in any way. Episode 2 was lit.

LMAO 1000%, was never goodd even at episode 1. "whining shitheads" what a fanboy prick.
Dec 25, 2019 7:25 PM
Jul 2017
Because the anime has turned into garbage
Dec 25, 2019 10:01 PM
Apr 2016
Studio Deen is going on with the score. They should not have tried to bite more than they can chew, should have kept producing third rate series where they cannot make things worse because of their lack of experience... since the things are already rather "bad". No more, no less.
BUT
I would be extremely grateful if anyone told me just why did they move the studios.
vF_Wackiier said:

There was animation?? All I saw (and heard) were static frame moves on repeat and desynchronized sound. But I mean, what did we expect? They did not even care to quality-control the opening - you can see their legs stick out from the bottom of the columns. No one cared to correct even that! A DISASTER!! This will be going down in the history of the Japanese animation. I just hope the author does not get too discouraged from all of this... unless this is his doing to begin with.
Daniel_NaumovDec 25, 2019 10:05 PM
Re:formed
Dec 25, 2019 10:35 PM
Sep 2016
Enceeee said:

After watching episode 12 then reading this comment "nor did the animation drop".....

hold on..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha
Dec 26, 2019 7:45 AM

Apr 2018
Just watch the episode 12 lmao, one of the best fights/moments of the manga destroyed! The score is too generous for this mess

killuaxgonDec 26, 2019 7:49 AM
Dec 26, 2019 2:54 PM
Nov 2019
see people Wiping this awful season is bloody crying 🤦
Dec 26, 2019 9:04 PM
Dec 2018
The last episode. The 12th one. Oh my god. The worst animation i have seen since the episode 5 of DBS.

I wish the BD or netflix version will be fixed.
Dec 26, 2019 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
TransparentNinja said:
Tista said:
I don't know what are you talking about, a score of 6.78 ain't bad by any means. It's above 6.5 therefore means it was good a show, for most users who rated it. What? Did you expected this to reach 9.00 or what? Cause it's too bad of a show to reach that score anyways.

Personally I'd only consider shows that are 8.0+ to be worth watching.

The scores in this site are just Western Opinions , The true scores are in JP , MaL scores are Futile, but No problem.
Dec 26, 2019 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
Bolond said:
P1ker1 said:

Nanatsu no Taizai is very close to my heart. However, kamigami no gekirin so far just hasn't been quite as good as imashime no fukkatsu. I'm not a manga reader, so it might also have to do with the source material, but the quality of the animation has also drastically decreased from the previous season. (As an interjection, I was never that bothered by the change of the studio in OPM S2). The studio changed from A1 to Deen which mostly explains the change in this regard.

A few subjective opinions without explanations:
- The first episode was a bit stale and didn't really build much tension.
- Opening was mediocre, visually weakish, audibly a bit better. Had higher expectations from Uverworld, especially for this show. The previous ones have been great.
- Ending was actually great 4/5
- The second episode... somehow still lacked the passion, especially with the art. There's no way around it.
- New tracks of the OST were great, as expected from Sawano

6.78 is pretty darn low imo, too. Is it a deserved rating? Well, I wouldn't rate this series higher than 8 atm even with a bit biased vote(while my average rating in MAL is around 8,5 and at least 9 for the earlier seasons of this)

my hero academia season 4 episode 1 was no better with the content, just some previously on the hero academy and its already a 8.30

These scores here are just their opinions not the true ones the real ones are in JP , the scores in this site is a joke.
I know how you feel though
Dec 27, 2019 8:01 AM

Sep 2017
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Bolond said:

my hero academia season 4 episode 1 was no better with the content, just some previously on the hero academy and its already a 8.30

These scores here are just their opinions not the true ones the real ones are in JP , the scores in this site is a joke.

wow, what an arrogant and shitty way to think
Western opinions and the Japanese ones have the same value, stop acting like your opinion's prevails on thousands of others.
Dec 27, 2019 3:26 PM
Dec 2018
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Bolond said:

Well there is lots of stupid down voting on this website thats sure like for example some people down votes a genre because he hates it, he watches 1 episode and decieds that he dont like it because its xy genre which is completely understandable, but for god sake dont down vote it if you wont even watch the whole series that makes other watchers miss out on the series because the rating is down below 6 and that might have been his/her favorite one.

On the other hand saying that a japanese people have more rights on this matter is bullshit becuase they are the same "consumer" as people the poles, filipinos, turks, americans and everyone else, for me anyone who has watched the series has the right to vote for it.
Dec 27, 2019 3:27 PM
Dec 2019
people are opening their eyes.
Dec 27, 2019 5:32 PM
Jan 2019
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
TransparentNinja said:

Personally I'd only consider shows that are 8.0+ to be worth watching.

The scores in this site are just Western Opinions , The true scores are in JP , MaL scores are Futile, but No problem.

"True scores" lol, do you even know what you're saying? Are people in Japan supposed to be the only one's that can have valid ratings for anime? lmao
Malty_be_ballinDec 27, 2019 6:03 PM
Dec 27, 2019 8:02 PM

Jan 2019
Just read the reviews mann. Deen ruined everything, if you still don't believe and think it's underrated, look some post on some 7DS Instagram account. Not saying the story is bad, but the art and animation tho, Pathetic, Horrible, Shite, Awful
Dec 28, 2019 4:44 AM

Mar 2018
Well deserved score. Even S1 and S2 deserve this kind of score. If the story is trash, scores should be this low. Animation is only a 2nd priority.
Dec 28, 2019 8:16 AM
Apr 2015
Themousen said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Western opinions and the Japanese ones have the same value, stop acting like your opinion's prevails on thousands of others.

He is right though , you think they give a damn what we think ? As long as Japan loves it, then it is all good.
Dec 28, 2019 8:18 AM
Apr 2015
vF_Wackiier said:
Enceeee said:

Not really, you've never liked the animation from the beginning so the minute you see what you call " bad animation" you call it out lol Animation isnt everything to a show
Dec 28, 2019 8:20 AM
Apr 2015
I love it , animation isnt what makes a show bad or good too me. There have been much worse shows that are flat out boring that have great animation.
Dec 28, 2019 9:27 AM
Nov 2019
DragonIncursio said:
Themousen said:

He is right though , you think they give a damn what we think ? As long as Japan loves it, then it is all good.

Not 100%, actually the overseas regions accounts for almost 50% of the entire anime industry earnings, the overseas opinion means alot, just look at Doctor Stone, it was failed in almost everything in Japan, but its overseas Streamings alone carryed over 77% of all Dr. Stone earnings, surpassing all the japanese domestic market!

Never underestimates the overseas market and opinion, its are becoming stronger each year!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 28, 2019 6:08 PM
Nov 2007
I have not seen this season and it's sad that the show went down the hill. TBH even 2nd season had fillers and some BS, so I was worried. Wanted to thank some people who provided details as to why the score is so much lower now.

Dec 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2019
The animation is terrible, it was getting a pretty terrible hype before it started due to it, and the first episode was boring and had a ridiculous white blood that has turned into a meme, so it scared off a lot of potential viewers that probably left behind terrible scores. The story, design and music are actually pretty much at the same level as it was before, so I'm still watching it, and it is not nearly as bad as it's score suggests, unless you are very critical about animation. The first seasons are rated way too highly in my opinion, for me they should be in the 7-7.8 area, and this just makes the 3rd season look so much worse. In my opinion(going by the scores nanatsu has now, and not mine), if it weren't for all the bad hype and first ep, it would easily be at 7.5 now.
Dec 30, 2019 12:45 AM
Jul 2019
Enceeee said:
what r u dumb or just blind..I really like SDS..but this season is Soo bad animation ND direction wise..like they ruined the fucking meliodas vs escanor fight as well..it's shit ND studio deen ruined one of the best series..
Dec 31, 2019 10:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
zeus-faber said:
Nycro said:
Scores don't mean much since the day Demon Slayer got almost a 9/10.
What's this supposed to mean? Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great show. It's the best show I watched since Fullmetal Alchemist

You have not been watching enough then (unless those less than 50 watches are fake and you have seen much more than that).
Keep that talk years later when you have seen a lot more, and have more in your mind you can compare to.

Yaiba was a great show, but not nearly as great as it was hyped, and I can only hope the sequels expand and make it worthy of all this overhyping going on.
PlaycoolDec 31, 2019 10:39 AM
Dec 31, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
It surely deserves this score just like tokyo ghoul re, the animation is just terrible to the point i can't even enjoy any fights that being hyped so much from the manga, that escanor vs meliodas is an insult to this popular series. They have been downgraded since season 2 but this season is the last nail in the coffin, they surely made it worse in this season and i am so disappointed, it's really a shame..
Jan 1, 2020 3:16 PM
Oct 2013
DragonIncursio said:
I love it , animation isnt what makes a show bad or good too me. There have been much worse shows that are flat out boring that have great animation.

7DS is a Shounen fight manga. i'm sorry but not having good animation is considered a screw up. it's called Anime (ANIMATION) not just slide show or paint draws. this are done by casual fans and even in this case, they did it far far better than a professional studio being paid to animate this source matrial.
Jan 1, 2020 9:45 PM

Jan 2019
Anyone who saw Escanor vs Meliodas knows exactly why it has such a low rating
Hunter x Hunter is a 1/10
Jan 1, 2020 10:51 PM
Mar 2017
Enceeee said:
Watch episode 12, and say It again
Jan 1, 2020 10:53 PM
Mar 2017
Andres_creig said:
"People hate anime because they censor blood".
It's the biggest stupidity I read, typical of a person who refuses to accept an opinion because they say ugly things about their favorite anime.

The drawings are ugly, the redesigns of the characters are square, in scenes like "the gathering of capital sins" you can see that sometimes OST is missing, the jokes are poorly told, the fights have very ugly frame breaks, in the last episode It is seen that King changed clothes from one scene to another ...

And let's not mention the plot errors, how is it possible for Diana to escape from zeldris? His commandment makes it impossible for you to turn your back.
That is just one of the many mistakes you have.

And in the final sequence of the opening, the sacred treasure of escanor is poorly drawn.

Terrible...
You sir have talked everything I was thinking
Jan 2, 2020 1:47 AM

Oct 2019
Re_Steiner said:
I really liked season 1 and 2, gave both of them a 9, but the first episode of this season really disappointed me. I had no idea about the studio change until after I watched the first episode and had to google why the show seemed so visually similar but off in all other aspects. The pacing was off, there was pointless filler inserted and most of all the censorship annoyed me (Really? White blood? Did the studio think this show was for children or something?). So i gave it a 5 and decided to drop it until the season was over and a uncensored version comes out.
dropping was a good decision since you will not be able to enjoy this season. But Reading manga is better right now and you can watch this season after reading manga.

Jan 2, 2020 7:29 PM
Apr 2015
lasso_914 said:
DragonIncursio said:

7DS is a Shounen fight manga. i'm sorry but not having good animation is considered a screw up. it's called Anime (ANIMATION) not just slide show or paint draws. this are done by casual fans and even in this case, they did it far far better than a professional studio being paid to animate this source matrial.

I can remember naruto shippuden animation being trash for awhile , so was one piece, Boruto etc. Not every episode is going to be top notch. You work with what you got and move on. The animation was definitely improving and because of one scene its trash again ? No
Jan 2, 2020 7:32 PM
Apr 2015
winfoharso said:

And it's not even that bad. I dont see the problem at all tbh , most of that scene was really good. The faceoff, when Meliodas kicked him and so on.
Jan 2, 2020 9:09 PM

Feb 2008
Too many people these days focus strictly on the animation. Personally speaking, I didn't watch anime only for the animation. I began watching anime simply because I enjoyed watching anime.

That means if I am enjoying watching a particular anime, even if the animation is terrible I would still watch it without much of a problem. Obviously my rating will reflect that, with the animation being terrible. But it wouldn't color my entire opinion of the anime as a whole.

Plus, I find those who read the manga before seeing the anime will typically have a whole lot more negative things to say about an anime. The reason this happens is due to expectations. Plus it's a lot easier to be negative when you already know what is going to happen.

When you don't know what is going to happen you often focus more on the story itself. But when you do know what is going to happen you end up focusing more on the animation and differences. The story becomes less important because you already know it. The story practically becomes a none existent factor in the rating unless it is altered, and that usually is almost always a bad thing to manga readers.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jan 3, 2020 1:44 AM
Oct 2013
DragonIncursio said:
lasso_914 said:

I can remember naruto shippuden animation being trash for awhile , so was one piece, Boruto etc. Not every episode is going to be top notch. You work with what you got and move on. The animation was definitely improving and because of one scene its trash again ? No

It was and all long running shounen anime had this problem, except that when it matters most of them delievered, the Naruto x Sasuke fight, Kakashi x Obito fight, Luffy x Katakuri fight, Naruto/Sasuke x whomever they fought against in Boruto, they did all the key fights their Justice, and here with 7DS the most hyped fight in the whole manga, getting shit treatment? no it's not the same at all.and not just the animation, the episode had bad drawings all over the place, i spotted 3-4 different Ban's during this episode. As i said in the episode's thread, look to last season, it had its flaws, some fights were badly handled but but, they did justice to Meliodas vs 10 Commendaments and Escanor vs Estarossa. they respected the fan base, simple as that.
Jan 3, 2020 2:14 AM

Jun 2016
I imagine it's because of the animation and I would agree because even I'm noticing it and that's bad because I normally don't notice bad animation lol The Escanor and Meliodas fight was where I noticed and it sounded like the sound and the animation was not in sync.
Like no offense to Studio Deen, but you really need to up your game with the animation. It's ruining Nanatsu no Taizai.
Censoring blood hardly helps matters either.
As for the storyline and things like this, I don't see much of a problem tbh.
I think the score's an overreaction but I guess there are people who are judging this as an adaptation rather than an anime so that low score may reflect how they feel it is as an adaptation.
As an anime tho, the score is waaaay too low and far too harsh.
Gift by Mimurona

Jan 3, 2020 2:17 AM

Aug 2019
seven deadly sins was never THAT good but the reason it stayed popular because of one thing: hype. now it's just boring and stale. i dont even read the manga but comparing panels from the escanor and meliodas fight which apparently many people were excited for, it ended up looking fucking ugly.
Jan 3, 2020 7:49 AM
Apr 2015
lasso_914 said:
DragonIncursio said:

It was and all long running shounen anime had this problem, except that when it matters most of them delievered, the Naruto x Sasuke fight, Kakashi x Obito fight, Luffy x Katakuri fight, Naruto/Sasuke x whomever they fought against in Boruto, they did all the key fights their Justice, and here with 7DS the most hyped fight in the whole manga, getting shit treatment? no it's not the same at all.and not just the animation, the episode had bad drawings all over the place, i spotted 3-4 different Ban's during this episode. As i said in the episode's thread, look to last season, it had its flaws, some fights were badly handled but but, they did justice to Meliodas vs 10 Commendaments and Escanor vs Estarossa. they respected the fan base, simple as that.

That's not even the full fight tho , wait until next episode if you want to say that. People don't like the animation but they have animated the fights pretty well actually. It's not going to be all flashy like A 1 was. I find myself liking this kind of art more like Naruto six tails vs Pain or Asta vs Ladros. With dull colors that further enhance the fight even more
Jan 4, 2020 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Do you know what's worse than adapting trash? trashing the trash, I mean yes the last arc is bad but it's not a reason for the animation to be this ugly, take for example Shokugeki no Souma last arc, It's bad, the anime is loyal to the manga so it's the same bad story but no one is complaining about the animation.
Jan 5, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2014
DragonIncursio said:
lasso_914 said:

That's not even the full fight tho , wait until next episode if you want to say that. People don't like the animation but they have animated the fights pretty well actually. It's not going to be all flashy like A 1 was. I find myself liking this kind of art more like Naruto six tails vs Pain or Asta vs Ladros. With dull colors that further enhance the fight even more

Yh like Deen will suddenly make the fight look better because?
This is deen on a Rush job.
So don't just go and say that this fight will become good.
A good fight is a good fight from the start.
And the start of this fight wasn't good at all.
It's not well animated when one character looks like he is being dragged around by a computer mouse.
Animation isn't just art, it is about movement.

And by saying that it is well animated just seems like you are putting the bar low on what an Animated TV show CAN do.
Jan 5, 2020 6:33 AM
Apr 2015
Bourmegar said:
DragonIncursio said:

Yh like Deen will suddenly make the fight look better because?
This is deen on a Rush job.
So don't just go and say that this fight will become good.
A good fight is a good fight from the start.
And the start of this fight wasn't good at all.
It's not well animated when one character looks like he is being dragged around by a computer mouse.
Animation isn't just art, it is about movement.

And by saying that it is well animated just seems like you are putting the bar low on what an Animated TV show CAN do.

Didnt say it will but they had an extra week to work on that. Dont underestimate that. About 3/4 of the fight hasnt even been adapted yet. I think it looks much better but you cant deny that they have been steadily improving each episode. Its easy to knock a studio that is handed a popular anime and to rush and get it done, and with the fact that they are not known to be a top action studio. They've done the best they can.
Jan 10, 2020 12:36 AM
Nov 2018
I hope that some of the haters that gave under 5 score after first and second episode fiasco will change it after the second half of the show becomes reaaaaly goood(it's already looking better).This show is close to my heart and should be hyped not forgotten.
Jan 10, 2020 1:05 AM
Sep 2019
The Score has been decreasing heavily each day, that is how bad people don't like the third season.

Though personally I don't mind this season despite the censorship and the animation.
Jan 12, 2020 12:08 PM

Mar 2012
SeriousPunch said:
I hope that some of the haters that gave under 5 score after first and second episode fiasco will change it after the second half of the show becomes reaaaaly goood(it's already looking better).This show is close to my heart and should be hyped not forgotten.

Even the First season deserves 5 at best for me so this one...
Jan 12, 2020 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
That's just your average day at MAL. An ongoing anime will have drastic changes in its scores from episode to episode.
Jan 16, 2020 3:22 AM

Apr 2015
DragonIncursio said:
winfoharso said:

And it's not even that bad. I dont see the problem at all tbh , most of that scene was really good. The faceoff, when Meliodas kicked him and so on.

Sure hope you're joking, but just in case.

polishedJan 16, 2020 3:29 AM
Jan 17, 2020 10:38 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah well.
I seen worse with higher score.
Though it has to be mentioned. This is what happens, when the quality drops.
Just like how Berserk ended up.
In my case the sound effects were a lot bigger issue than the animation though.
Jan 18, 2020 5:44 AM
Sep 2015
thepath said:
It is extremely underrated

I think people hated 1st epsiode because it was mostly filler and had cesnorship (white blood), but this was fixed in 2nd episode with red blood again.

I don't see big difference between this season and previous season. The score should be same or slightly lower at most. It seems some blind haters are just giving it 1/10 because of few things they did not like in 1st episode

The animation is horrible at best .. and I have no idea What do you mean by underrated are you even watching the new season
Jan 18, 2020 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
There are over 2000 1 ratings No matter how bad this is it stinks of a bot attack
Jan 19, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2017
Allen_D_Gray-Man said:
thepath said:
It is extremely underrated

I think people hated 1st epsiode because it was mostly filler and had cesnorship (white blood), but this was fixed in 2nd episode with red blood again.

I don't see big difference between this season and previous season. The score should be same or slightly lower at most. It seems some blind haters are just giving it 1/10 because of few things they did not like in 1st episode

The animation is horrible at best .. and I have no idea What do you mean by underrated are you even watching the new season

That reply was from october, there were only two episodes that aired at that time.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.