Forum Settings
Forums

Reboots of Tokyo Ghoul and Sao's aincrad arc

New
Dec 7, 2019 6:49 AM

Nov 2019
These 2 animes had great potentials but eventually mediocre. Eventually the Tokyo ghoul anime got even worse but Sao got a lot better in alicization. I have read the Tokyo ghoul manga and it was great. On the other hand for Sao's aincrad arc, I have read the progressive manga which I greatly enjoyed. So would you like these reboots if they are done?

Edit: About Sao, I'm just talking about the anime adaptation of progressive as it expands on the story of aincrad and shows us the world building a lot better. I'm not a hater and I think my high enough rating for it confirms it.
Biswa_29Dec 7, 2019 8:05 AM
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 7, 2019 6:54 AM

Jun 2017
Wait for reboot in 2040 or something
Dec 7, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone except the haters will be saying 'yes'
Dec 7, 2019 7:00 AM
Feb 2018
SAO was fast-paced, I wouldn't mind a longer version of it, but it's not necessary... which won't go for Tokyo Ghoul, where almost everybody hopes for a reboot of at least Re 1 and 2...
Dec 7, 2019 7:45 AM

Nov 2019
MySweetLucifer said:
I don't see how the Aincrad arc would need a reboot. I enjoyed that arc in the Anime quite a bit.

The arc needs to be longer. The Sao world is still totally foreign to us. Lores and character developing moments are there in progressive considering floor takes up a volume. I would enjoy it being animated. Believe me, everyone would the new Kirito. 😂
Dec 7, 2019 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
>Implying that SAO S1 exists.
Boi just don't.
Dec 7, 2019 7:54 AM
Apr 2016
lavah said:
Everyone except the haters will be saying 'yes'

You also forgot intelligent people. Everyone except haters and intelligent people.
biswa290701 said:
These 2 animes had great potentials but eventually mediocre. Eventually the Tokyo ghoul anime got even worse but Sao got a lot better in alicization. I have read the Tokyo ghoul manga and it was great. On the other hand for Sao's aincrad arc, I have read the progressive manga which I greatly enjoyed. So would you like these reboots if they are done?

Sword Art Online did well enough with every its story, even more so considering they tie-in into a larger narrative of virtual reality, future technologies and A.I. development. You might not have liked it, but it does not make it any less valuable and well-executed. If you want a discussion you are welcome to bring actual arguments to this.
As for Tokyo Ghoul, there will be no reboot, as the story... tadaaaam, belongs to a single author. And he failed big time when he got depressed halfway through is series, twisting initial vision to the unknown extent. Tokyo Ghoul will forever be an example in the history of Japanese animation, of how tragic art-creating can turn out. As much as everyone regrets what happened, there is nothing that can be done about it and a reboot would only dishonour everyone concerned. Tokyo Ghoul was good when it lasted, and it was worth something despite the way it ended. All there is to it.
R1NG0 said:
OH LAWD YES

I have been a huge fan of the tokyo ghoul manga for a long time, never really read the RE tho. So yes indeed i would love Tokyo Ghoul to get the FMA:B treatment. Hands down if they had done the manga justice, the anime could've been in MAL's top 10 because of the insane hype it generated back then.

On topic of SAO, for me I loved the first half of SAO. I just generally really like the isekai genre. The rest of SAO really soured me however, and I never really went beyond SAO II. Honestly, dont even want to give alicization a try. Idk but just have ptsd of lost potential. So indeed I think the whole aincrad arc should've been 50 eps honestly. SO much potential.

I understand you might have wanted to see more of the virtual world they created... but it was never in a focus. The whole point was not the world, but the people trapped there. How they reacted, how they fared, how they evolved. I can respect you wanting to see more of that unique and cruel world, but please do not anyhow implicate the SAO is bad because it did not turn out a meek "another world" with extensive, yet meaningless virtual world.
Re:formed
Dec 7, 2019 7:59 AM

Mar 2018
Tokyo Ghoul reboot could be done but under one condition. Yutaka Yamada is to take care of the soundtracks again.
LuchseDec 7, 2019 8:39 AM

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 7, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
whats wrong with SAO season 1? it was fine and it what made SAO popular in the first place
Dec 7, 2019 8:03 AM

Feb 2018
Once I see a good adaptation/reboot of the TG and TG:Re manga I'll be able to die happily

Dec 7, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2019
Nick-Knight said:
Boi just don't.

Bro, I'm talking about the progressive anime adaptation which is kind of a reboot and expands on the story a lot.
Dec 7, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 2018
If they get reboots i will personally commit sodoku and you should too.

Both are not good enough to deserve a reboot imo, i would maybe watch a TG one just cause it was the first mango i followed weekly.
Dec 7, 2019 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
biswa290701 said:
Nick-Knight said:
Boi just don't.

Bro, I'm talking about the progressive anime adaptation which is kind of a reboot and expands on the story a lot.

People don't deserve such greatness as the Progressive. Just like HakoMari it should remain forever and always a novel. After mistreating my girl Asuna the world doesn't deserves to see her in one of her best forms.
Dec 9, 2019 1:17 AM
Oct 2015
Don't care anything about SAO. But Tokyo Ghoul obviously requires a 'Brotherhood' treatment.

Don't know it can grab an "absolute banger" opening like 'unravel', I wish.
Dec 9, 2019 1:54 AM

Jul 2019
The problem with SAO for me is Kirito. He is just boring and his personality is being op. There is nothing good about Kirito. He is just super 1 sided.
Dec 9, 2019 5:04 AM

Nov 2019
YeeYeeAss said:
The problem with SAO for me is Kirito. He is just boring and his personality is being op. There is nothing good about Kirito. He is just super 1 sided.

His progressive counterpart is very different. They changed the characters a lot in the novels and manga. I mean there was one panel in the manga in which Kirito was thinking something very deeply while doing a quest with Asuna and a female npc. When she asked him, he replied "I'm thinking about whom to marry between the 2 of you". Asuna was like "wtf!" and I was going ROFL. 🤣🤣
Biswa_29Dec 9, 2019 5:07 AM
Dec 9, 2019 5:30 AM

Jun 2019
IMO SAO reboot is unnecessary but TG obviously need a good treatment.
Dec 9, 2019 5:54 AM

Jan 2018
Sure, Sword Art Online deserves it. But a spin off would be better because that would be kinda going back in past to see the development. It's better to move forward but still a yes from me. As for tokyo ghoul the whole story was not for me.
Dec 9, 2019 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
Progressive is absolutely amazing, I’m loving the novels, I really want it to have an anime adaption. Considering Unital Ring is just started, to animate it is needed a lot of time, so Progressive could be the next part to have an anime adaptation in SAO franchise and it would be great!
About Tokyo Ghoul, I’m not interested in, so I’ll be indifferent to an eventually remake/reboot.
Dec 9, 2019 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Underworld is actually better than the rest of the series, maybe because 98% Kirito and his bitch are not in there, lol.

Don't care for Tokyo Ghoul since it's garbage either way.
Dec 9, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2019
HectorBlaze said:
Progressive is absolutely amazing, I’m loving the novels, I really want it to have an anime adaption. Considering Unital Ring is just started, to animate it is needed a lot of time, so Progressive could be the next part to have an anime adaptation in SAO franchise and it would be great!
About Tokyo Ghoul, I’m not interested in, so I’ll be indifferent to an eventually remake/reboot.

Don't know, the alternative ggo is also there. It might get a new season. But I'll greatly prefer progressive over it.
theDEMYSTIFier said:
Don't care anything about SAO. But Tokyo Ghoul obviously requires a 'Brotherhood' treatment.

Don't know it can grab an "absolute banger" opening like 'unravel', I wish.

We all need another unravel.
Probably that's the only good thing to come out of the anime
Dec 9, 2019 7:37 AM

Feb 2010
There's no way to really salvage SAO Season 1 without completely rewriting it and coming up with a new villain that doesn't feel cartoonishly evil but like an actual character.

More worldbuilding and the likes would be welcome, but as long as it all goes to shit as spectacularly as it did in the current version it wouldn't make much difference to the overall quality of SAO S1.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 9, 2019 7:39 AM

Apr 2016
biswa290701 said:
HectorBlaze said:

Don't know, the alternative ggo is also there. It might get a new season. But I'll greatly prefer progressive over it.

Alternative is done by another studio, so it’s an independent project. I believe it’s not related to the other SAO series from A-1 Pictures’ point of view.
Dec 9, 2019 1:35 PM

Oct 2008
SAO is going to take a nap in the 2020s, is what I think.

Tokyo Ghoul is maybe cursed and I don't think anybody's gonna approach it, let alone touch it, for a very, very long time.
Dec 10, 2019 3:27 AM

Jul 2019
biswa290701 said:
YeeYeeAss said:

His progressive counterpart is very different. They changed the characters a lot in the novels and manga. I mean there was one panel in the manga in which Kirito was thinking something very deeply while doing a quest with Asuna and a female npc. When she asked him, he replied "I'm thinking about whom to marry between the 2 of you". Asuna was like "wtf!" and I was going ROFL. 🤣🤣

So, Kirito is still building a harem and wanting to fuck a npc. Progress indeed.
Dec 10, 2019 3:32 AM

Sep 2013
idk about sao since the problem of the anime is the characters, rebooting would be just a complete diferent series,
but tg is a must, all the seasons were terrible, one of the examples of horrible adaptation I have in mind always
blumenbaltDec 10, 2019 4:02 AM
Dec 10, 2019 3:43 AM

Nov 2019
YeeYeeAss said:
biswa290701 said:

So, Kirito is still building a harem and wanting to fuck a npc. Progress indeed.

It's not a harem. He also has a lot of male friends who gets a lot of screentime. That panel was just for comedy and still Asuna does not like him. So he doesn't have any girl who likes him yet. Kirito is shown to be a fun loving dork and always ruining serious moments. The manga does have a lot of fan service though, which is not in the novel. I would like to read it but I'm more of a manga person. That's why I want an anime. The first and second boss fights are more epic than anything Sao season 1 produced.

Moreover, everyone has been given an interesting twist in personality. Asuna is shown as a clean freak and can do anything to get a bath done. Whenever someone addresses them as a couple they will shout out that they aren't. Agil has a lot of screentime. There's a new character, Argo who always teases kirito as she is the info broker. Most importantly she doesn't jump on kirito's dick and sees him as a little brother. Not to mention the development of each character so far has been great.
Biswa_29Dec 10, 2019 4:11 AM
Dec 10, 2019 3:54 AM

Nov 2019
blumenbalt said:
idk about sao since the problem of the anime is the characters, rebooting would be just a complete diferent series,
but tg is a must, all the season were terrible one of the examples of horrible adaptation I have in mind always

Terrible examples you say. I believe it was the most terrible adaptation of something ever done.
Dec 10, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2008
I don't GAF about TG but we need SAO Progressive to be adapted ASAP. It's so much more interesting...AND FUNNY.

I want to see the 'Kiriemon' episode. xD

Dec 10, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2019
Chiibi said:
I don't GAF about TG but we need SAO Progressive to be adapted ASAP. It's so much more interesting...AND FUNNY.

I want to see the 'Kiriemon' episode. xD

Definitely man. They made Kirito so interesting and likeable. Even his haters will love him if they watch progressive. Still kazuma will stay my favourite anime protagonist though.
Biswa_29Dec 10, 2019 9:29 AM
Dec 10, 2019 9:30 AM

Jun 2019
I've been wanting a SAO Aincrad reboot for forever now. The fact that the arc was so short made zero sense, and with the mediocre writing and character development, I only thirsted for a better version of it. I don't care if they nearly completely changed what happens in the reboot (if it were to be made), but if they can just go back to their roots and actually make the Aincrad arc at least a full 24 episode season, instead of the perplexing 14 in the original Aincrad arc, and improve the writing and character development, it could possibly be one of my favorite shows of all time.

An Aincrad reboot has unbelievable potential if executed correctly.
professional women respecter
Dec 10, 2019 9:35 AM

Nov 2019
yxckson said:
I've been wanting a SAO Aincrad reboot for forever now. The fact that the arc was so short made zero sense, and with the mediocre writing and character development, I only thirsted for a better version of it. I don't care if they nearly completely changed what happens in the reboot (if it were to be made), but if they can just go back to their roots and actually make the Aincrad arc at least a full 24 episode season, instead of the perplexing 14 in the original Aincrad arc, and improve the writing and character development, it could possibly be one of my favorite shows of all time.

An Aincrad reboot has unbelievable potential if executed correctly.

The progressive is basically what you want. Given that unital ring has just started, it'll quite some time before season 4 releases. So they might actually release it in the next couple of years. It'll not be a 24 ep anime. Given that the novel takes up a volume for each floor, it's easily gonna be a 300 episode anime with many seasons.

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 14 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

40 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 23 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
11 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 53 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.