Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
Aug 21, 2019 10:34 PM
Jun 2016
This was beautiful...a masterpiece infact 8/10 I enjoyed it and loved it.
Sep 7, 2019 6:34 AM
Sep 2019
Mercurius- said:
Lmao they made airi appear out of nowhere at the end. xD

7/10

I was thinking of her and then she popped out and he was all emotional seeing her too. But she still was a highschooler and he was a 25 yr old grown ass man. What was he gonna do with her? XD
Sep 7, 2019 9:18 AM
Feb 2016
Sapphirre_LOL said:
Mercurius- said:
Lmao they made airi appear out of nowhere at the end. xD

7/10

I was thinking of her and then she popped out and he was all emotional seeing her too. But she still was a highschooler and he was a 25 yr old grown ass man. What was he gonna do with her? XD

She is not a high school student.
She is about 22-23 years old.
In addition, her role has been greatly reduced. Compared to Manga
Sep 27, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 2019
I liked the ending
Nov 8, 2019 10:06 PM

May 2019
People are talking a lot about the manga, just hope it is not like the Sound of Silence, wich manga is also sooo overrated and in my opinion, very disppointing and with MUCH LESS impact and feelings.

I loved this anime. The start, the fist half, the plot until he saves Kayo was wonderful and "instigante", make you feel excited or in anguish wondering what will happen next.

THEN, short after this we, we everybody less the protagonist, already know who is the psycho, and this is the worst part of the anime, since we stay powerless seeing the kid being so dumb.

But after that the ending recovered it a bit and is good enough, since for most except weirdos happy endings are comforting.

It was very good to me, a nice mix of time travel and butterfly effect.
Nov 12, 2019 2:38 PM
Oct 2018
Overall I liked this anime but I must admit that from the moment the story with Kayo ended I kind of lost interrest.

Actually I would even say that I would change a lot of things after that moment. Like I don't know Kayo and Satoru living an happy life togheter and forever with many kids etc. (Yeah I never said it was going to be the more interresting end but at least it would have been the one who would have warm my little heart...)

It's only half a joke tho. Even though it ended "well" I find this end quite sad at the same time and I'm personnaly not a huge fan of these kind of ends. Still a great show tho.
DieuMivasNov 12, 2019 3:17 PM
Nov 20, 2019 8:16 AM
Sep 2019
that finale was def a highlight. this is one of those anime where you wish there will be a second season ( idk how that would work)
Nov 20, 2019 9:36 PM
Jul 2019
I love this anime a lot. I haven’t watched many anime’s, and I haven’t read this Manga, but I loved it. The ending scene was predictable in my opinion, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that it feels like it’s the best way to complete the story.
Dec 2, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
This anime is definitely overrated. I didn't read the manga but the anime is a total mess, the second half is too surreal but it was still interesting to watch (I expected something better but that's fine). 7/10.
Dec 20, 2019 1:51 AM
Dec 2018
No he did not get Airi, sheesh. I'm sure she has some pretty schoolboy she rather be with than some old man she works with. After Kayo cucked him, he's gonna end up forever alone, as he was intended to originally.
Jan 5, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2019
Bruh, this show is a 7 and a disappointment, even with that score, being a disappointment doesn't mean that I didn't like it, but the lsst eps after 8 felt like a train wreck and idk how to explain it, also the teacher felt so under developed that i didn't get his motivation, they really fucked up at this final eps, i didn't like the whole getting into coma and the femboy stole your gf and you got cucked thing but i understand we are as blank as the protagonist on this one and he was in coma so she wasn't going to wait for him 15 years without a love interest, overall i enjoyed its development till they fixed Hanazuki life, then the thing didn't had much direction and the 29 year old man wasn't able to figure out his teacher was a subject before do he got on his car, wtf! Are you mentally challenged? They just did dirty to the story to fill the time gap of the 18 years, something felt so frustrating about this, there where 3 posibilities to go with that i can come with, the coma ending, a click (Adam Sandler movie) like ending that would get people angry if he just skips to the future after solving everything and he ends like wtf bruh, and third possibility is he lived his life again trying to get the teacher arrested, i know its a bad description and im not a writer and nor i could come with something better, but man pulling something like that seems rushed idk
Carpal_Tunnel69Jan 5, 2020 10:33 AM
Jan 23, 2020 5:30 PM
Apr 2013
Another example of "How to fuck up an anime in 2 episodes". As much as I love animes in general, but the writers screw up at least half of them by trying to find a fancy and extraordinary ending. If you can't find a relatable new ending, just go for the chliché ending.

The whole story was about rescueing Kayo and after he did it, Kayo just disappeared. Then she came back in episode 11 like "Hi, thanks for the help, I've never talked a single word with your friend during the whole series but I married him, this is our baby, Bye". Ok... thanks for nothing.

The whole show was pretty mediocre cause it was pretty clear from the beginning who will be the killer. There was just a lack of alternatives because the whole show had only about 10 different characters. 6 friends including Kayo, two mothers, the teacher and Yuki. You don't have to be a genius to know that the teacher is the only possible choice. That hamster dialogue was also ridicoulus: "When I was a kid, I had 5 hamsters and i dropped them in a bottle of water. All died but one and I named him Spice"... Nice story bro... tell me more.

Last but not least. Satoru ends up with Airi, an underaged girl that we have seen for about 5 minutes in total and the last time in episode 6, I guess... Mhhh
Feb 9, 2020 1:17 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was wondering about Airi the whole episode, I'm so glad they did not forget about her. What a sweet ending to a marvelous show.
Feb 21, 2020 10:55 PM

May 2016
Worst part of the anime was by far when they cucked him by giving Kayo to his friend. I don't know what they were thinking....

I put it from a 8 to a 7 but then back to a 8 because the last few seconds because I am assuming he gets the pizza girl instead. So eh ok. Would of been way better with Kayo though.
Mar 4, 2020 6:41 PM
Jul 2019
I wanted to give this 8 so badly as it was a really great story but honestly once I found out they cut off Yashiro's back story in the Manga and didn't show it I became extremely disappointed. I read it after I finished watching and it was brilliant, adding so many needed layers for his character. I don't get it. What would have happened if they had just given the anime one extra episode for such very important information? Without his backstory there is no sense or understanding of his motivation to kill. Considering the fact that him being the killer was so so obvious, not showing how he developed into such a killer hurts the anime a lot.

Unfortunately for such a big mistake I'm going to lower my rating from 8 to 7. Still a great show with great characters and emotions. Definitely worth watching despite everything.
el3melMar 4, 2020 10:18 PM
Mar 21, 2020 8:22 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't expect to like This Show as much as I did. I Think It was incredibly Well executed, With believable characters, good Animation and music and It kept up the suspense. I only Wish the culprit would have been less obvious. And there was one of the later episodes that kinda felt out of flow to me. Might have been ep. 10 or something.
Anyways, solid 9/10 for me. Great watch. :)

Mar 29, 2020 7:25 PM

Feb 2019
The twist and reveal of Yashiro being the killer were painfully obvious throughout. So that’s slightly disappointing. Other than that I found the show consistently gripping and engaging and thought it was gas throughout. I was so ready to give it a 9 until Airi came back. 10/10.
Apr 25, 2020 7:22 AM
Sep 2018
I really like this anime ! but something was missing at the end with Airi... we wants more !!

I loved Kenya and Satoru really

9/10 for me :/
Apr 29, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2016
What a great show! Had some flaws in pacing (looking back it's obvious certain things were cut) and a few bits of silly execution, but man, this show had way too many lovable characters, and was very, very easy to binge; what with them, the consistently awesome production values, the exciting direction and just the overall audiovisual presentation. And the OP!! I'd been listening to the track for a long time way before I ever started this show, and it's a track I'd always keep coming back to. It's perfectly nostalgic and bittersweet. And the visuals of this OP couldn't be more perfect for it either. It's definitely become one of my all time favourites. Like, at least top 5.

https://animethemes.moe/video/BokuDakeGaInaiMachi-OP1.webm
0:00-0:13 & 0:50-0:56 <3

Airi and Satoru's mom are/were without a doubt joint best girls. And anyone who hates the show/ending just because Satoru didn't end up with Kayo, and was ""cucked"" are being idiots. That is all.

...Can't believe the amount of shit I'd heard about it just because Kayo decided to actually live the life she'd been granted. And Airi thematically fits so much better anyway.. Not that it really had to end with either/ANY romantic interest. It has absolute zero bearing on any of the story's themes.

I also can't see how the villain being predictable is a very valid point of criticism either. It was obvious just about from the start, and that was a/the point of tension in the story, as we came to learn Satoru saw him as a father figure, and as someone who'd done a lot for him and his friends, and wouldn't come to the conclusion easily. We wanted him to figure it out before the worst happens, and this was what served to create most of the tension--in particular those scenes where they're together alone, and/or where he's in a position of dangerous power. Not the mystery of it. The show never even really tried to make us think it was anyone else, there was no one else.
ZaugrApr 29, 2020 1:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2020 10:13 PM

Jan 2016
The ending was way better than I've expected (specially considering all I heard about it being 'oh so disappointing')

Pretty happy they had Kayo not end up with Satoru after all, even though it's fiction having her wait years for a person she had (at best) a child crush on would feel weird.

Seeing Airi at the end was even better, I was hoping they'd meet again and making she show up at the last second again really kept me on the edge, such a welcome surprise.

No surprises on the murderer, even though it was obvious, I think it had a good execution and tension.

The show as a whole kept me glued to the screen, one of the few that I binged (technically, took me two days but still)

Having a hard time between giving it a 9/10 or a 10/10, really damn good.
May 6, 2020 3:32 AM
Oct 2019
In tv, the hardest thing to do is give a really good show a really good ending.

Erased is no different. An incredible show through 10 episodes (9/10 rating). But the final 2 episodes were kind of average.

Seeing Kayo with a kid was really powerful. It was also nice that Airi made her return after being ignored for the final half of the series. And Satoru's mom was a really cool character.

But catching the killer felt too easy. The wheelchair over the side of the roof thing... ? I generally don't like everybody-gets-a-happy-ending endings, and this was no different. I *do* acknowledge, however, that happy endings make sense for *this* show, I just wish they would've fleshed it out a little better.

Oh well, final rating 8.0/10.
Jun 6, 2020 7:43 AM

May 2018
The last 2 episodes were extremely disappointing. Airi at the end saved it a little bit, though.

7/10 only because the first 9-ish episodes were amazing
Jun 22, 2020 3:38 AM
Oct 2019
Loved this episode. Best episode of this anime. The way the story turned out just in one episode- That pretty much gave me a GOOSEBUMP though from the very start i predicted that Yashiro will be the Killer.

I was hoping to get this story more complicated. If this anime was more than 25 episodes or so I can guarantee this would surpass STEINS GATE though this anime is better in it's own. 😉

BOKU DAKE GA INAI MACHI
I will remember it
OtAkU_TaBiBJun 22, 2020 3:52 AM
Jun 23, 2020 5:36 PM

Nov 2015
Done rewatching the anime
Jun 24, 2020 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
When I started this anime I was slowly starting to love it. The music was beautiful both opening and ending. But the last two episodes ruined everything. The first turn off was Kayo appearing with a baby. With the opening and the cover of this anime, I shipped Kayo and Satoru and they had to marry her to Hiromi? What's the rush of getting married, they must be just 24 or 25! Then second I got confused with that spider string story of Yashiro. They should have properly explained it if it was some kind of ability or just a metaphor?? And there should have been some
proper backstory of Yashiro that why he became obsessed with killing children? Totally messed up ending. Disappointed! 7/10 for music.
Jun 24, 2020 8:02 AM
Feb 2016
Ashna said:
When I started this anime I was slowly starting to love it. The music was beautiful both opening and ending. But the last two episodes ruined everything. The first turn off was Kayo appearing with a baby. With the opening and the cover of this anime, I shipped Kayo and Satoru and they had to marry her to Hiromi? What's the rush of getting married, they must be just 24 or 25! Then second I got confused with that spider string story of Yashiro. They should have properly explained it if it was some kind of ability or just a metaphor?? And there should have been some
proper backstory of Yashiro that why he became obsessed with killing children? Totally messed up ending. Disappointed! 7/10 for music.

It is simple.
(Satoru is happy to see'her marriage')
This is the most important. This is perfectly expresses that what he wants most is'her happiness'.
If Satoru married her, it wasn't expressed properly.
Jun 27, 2020 3:16 AM

Jan 2014
Man_Shen said:
Ashna said:

It is simple.
This is the most important. This is perfectly expresses that what he wants most is'her happiness'.

Even that happiness wasn't expressed properly... It was so rushed.. Kayo didn't even feel like Kayo...And I can even ignore that part but at least the Yashiro's part should have been shown properly.. !
Jun 27, 2020 3:49 AM
Feb 2016
Ashna said:
Man_Shen said:

It is simple.

Even that happiness wasn't expressed properly... It was so rushed.. Kayo didn't even feel like Kayo...And I can even ignore that part but at least the Yashiro's part should have been shown properly.. !

Right. original does not like anime. Original manga have more story and more detail
Jul 2, 2020 10:58 PM

Aug 2018
I don't really like the ending. After the ending I feel as if the whole anime was pointless?

I really liked this anime but after Kayo got saved it was kinda boring.

Jul 2, 2020 11:03 PM

Oct 2019
very bad ending. this anime was very good but that ruined it.
Jul 5, 2020 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
After giving this a rewatch I'll stick with my original thoughts on the show. First 8 episodes terrific, the next few were good but not up to the level of what came before. Final ep felt rushed and a bit silly really. I do appreciate final shot of Airi showing up though I'm a bit confused why the Revived butterfly would precede her. Should this be an ominous instead of a happy moment?

8/10 for being great but then tripping up at the end.
Jul 8, 2020 8:18 PM
Jul 2020
It would make more sense to me that Satoru met Airi at the pizzeria. She was never shown hanging under the bridge without Satoru. That was random as heck.
Jul 9, 2020 3:05 AM
Feb 2016
It would make more sense to me that Satoru met Airi at the pizzeria. She was never shown hanging under the bridge without Satoru. That was random as heck.

It was'a place where the two promised to meet.'
Aug 5, 2020 2:40 AM

Mar 2020
last 3 episodes were kinda boring but still good. I'm glad everything's fine at the end and ofc ma girl Airi is here. Gonna check out the manga soon
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Sep 4, 2020 8:28 AM
Oct 2012
I have the feel people who hate this ending are kayo shippers
Sep 4, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2020
It is kind of depressing that the funniest part in this entire anime is when Satoru Winks at the teacher after tricking him. This was one of the deepest anime’s I have ever watched, (not that I have watched many) And definitely was a very intense ride that I binge watched in just a fraction of a day.
Sep 5, 2020 5:26 AM
Sep 2015
This was a masterpiece!
What a beautiful hopeful ending.
I'm so happy Satoru didn't die and that he got to meet Airi again.

I really enjoyed this anime.
Sep 5, 2020 5:27 AM
Sep 2015
Takuto_Shindou said:

Bingo. They're hating just because she's married to Hiromi.
Sep 5, 2020 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
JOELbedulla said:
Takuto_Shindou said:

Bingo. They're hating just because she's married to Hiromi.
Thought so, nothing particularly bad about the ending that so many people claim to be "awful", solid series all the way through.
Sep 20, 2020 7:30 PM
Jul 2020
Wow, that was so cool!!!!!! I loved the ending.
Sep 27, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2020
If they had a few more episodes, they'd be able to adapt the actual ending.
Oct 11, 2020 3:56 AM

Jun 2020
This anime was really good all the way through, but honestly just the last 12 minutes were so, unsatisfying. I loved this show as a whole, but it just seemed as though these last 2 episodes were not at the same calibre as the rest of the series. Despite this, the series as a whole was great, I honestly loved sitting through the whole ride over the course of like 8 hours on a Saturday night. It is a solid 8/10 for me.

Will definitely read the manga one day, seemed like the adaptation had to cut some big things, especially at the end, so I will need to check that out when I get the chance.
Have a great day!

Oct 13, 2020 5:55 AM

Jun 2020
And here's Airi it's been a while since I've seen her and tbh at the very beginning of this series I've already started liking Airi and I think she's a good match with Satoru so overall it was a good ending I'm a bit sad that it was not Kayo but I'm also happy that it was Airi so I don't even know what's a good match with Satoru but to me it was wonderful.

So the mystery on this series was very interesting, the story was quite amusing, the animation was good, the character development was good as well and I think I'm not actually satisfied with the ending so it was overall 7/10 for me it was interesting so it's an 7/10 for me.
cuzpLayOct 13, 2020 6:00 AM
Oct 16, 2020 9:11 PM

May 2020
A little disappointed with the ending but it was still decent.
My thoughts of the final episodes...
1. The first half with Yashiro was pretty eh personally, it was really predictable but it was still decent.

2. The second half was the standard anime time lapse happy ending, so nothing unique or new.

3. The ending scene felt REALLY unsatisfying, after skimming through the discussion in Episode 12 it seems the anime cut a lot of scenes of Airi which was really disappointing, if they kept it I feel like it would've been more satisfying, that being said I have not read the manga nor do I plan to.

Episode Score: 4/5(I first wanted to rate it 3 but decided to go with 4 instead)

My thoughts with the show as a whole...
1. I have a lot of problems with the show, namely Revival, how did Satoru obtain it? how did he lose? I'm disappointed we didn't get any clarification on how he got that ability in the first place.
2. Predictable villain. It was obvious right from the start that the teacher was the murderer, if the anime didn't make it more obvious then I don't know what will...in the first place there was no other suspect other than Kayo's parents, however there was some holes with that like why would they kill Hiromi and Aya as well? Then we also got Yuuki, which was really obvious that he was innocent. So no other person could have done it other than Yashiro.

3. Kayo and Satoru didn't end up together(You can disregard this since it's not really a valid criticism) From how they were building up their relationship in the first 3/4 of the show, I find it underwhelming that Kayo didn't end up with Satoru in the end, and from how the ending scene played out it seems Satoru is going to end with Airi which is really bad since her character wasn't developed properly and had little screen time, manga readers said the anime cut a lot of her scenes in exchange for more kayo screen time.

4. The final 4 episodes were really weak. The first 8 episodes of the show was really great while the last 4 were quite underwhelming in comparison.

Other than that I really enjoyed it a lot despite the problems I had with it, overall I'll give this show an 8/10
GilgameshuuOct 16, 2020 9:16 PM
Oct 27, 2020 1:07 AM
Jun 2020
i'm gonna go cry now, bye
Nov 3, 2020 12:44 AM
Jun 2020
i finish this series 2 years ago and then i rewatched it yesterday and im gonna downgrade this 8/10 to 6/10 because the last couple of episodes ruined the whole series. yes 1-8 episodes are great but the last 3 episodes are rushed and it's not detailed. I know that they skipped a lot of scene on the main source of this. kinda disappointed and this series is a little bit of overrated now. so yeah 6/10 final score
Nov 14, 2020 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
Ah yes, he's back in the opening. You love to see it. Satoru showing Yashiro how he feels alive because of him was really deep. They are really clever to pull off the room scene. Satoru's speech to Yashiro was interesting to listen to, but I liked it. I'm glad they took care of Yashiro and Satoru has his memories back. The childhood scene of him hugging his friends made me so happy to watch. His career took off, and he has all his friends with him. Him seeing Airi again warmed my heart beyond belief. What a lovely ending~.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2018
I liked this series but the lack of explanation and the stupidity of some of the characters & poor writing made the rating drop from an 8/10 to a 5/10.

The main problems that I had were

- They built up a romantic relationship with MC just to have her married to someone that had little to no bonds with her

- I don't think they ever explained why the MC can do/ has the revival ability

-when the MC traveled back, they always talked about how he changed but they never showed us the switch in his character or how he changed. I understand that an 11 y/o and 29 y/o act totally different but they barely showed us how the 11 y/o him acted, just a bunch of people saying he changed without proof.

-Airi needed more screentime. She's an important character to MC considering all the flashbacks (or would it be flashforwards..) with her saying the same 2 lines.

- the 11-year-olds rarely acted their age

-The mother's stupidity

- didn't really explain the reasoning for the killings, basically only explained why he needs MC

Dec 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
alright so.

I, without a doubt, proudly say, that the first 8 episodes are great. And if the anime had kept this up it would've earned at least a 7/10. Although the last 4 episodes weren't as great.

problems with the anime (you all don't have to agree with this ;-;)

- lacked detail
- more backstories and pasts could've been featured
- Airi's screentime should've been extended
- love interests are messed up (kayo i'm talking about you)
- last 4 episodes were too predictable
- got a little too repetitive (Satoru did basically the same thing he did to befriend kayo with aya & Hiromi)
- quite a lot of explanations were missing
3099Feb 8, 2021 9:50 AM
Dec 11, 2020 6:06 PM

Dec 2020
I was listening that Earased ending is not good but when i watch the whole series.Itbwas one of the best endings i have ever seen.Now,that is called a Happy ending.
Don'nt listen to anyone its ending is very very very giod

For your Information:

Pages (28) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.