Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 11:57 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of anime original scenes in this ep but they somehow somewhat tie in to the original plot too. I'm really liking it!

Also really loved the part when Lan Wangji remembered fighting together with Wei Wuxian against the monster in the cave :')

That Sect Leader Yao is as annoying as ever lol.
Aug 13, 2019 6:30 AM
Apr 2018
Hahaha sect leader Yao is really preeching to the wrong choir as he rambles on about WWX and jyl in front of JL, wwx, and lwj hahah🤦‍♀️ Dude had me cracking up every time he popped out of his hiding places to make comments. I loved JL and wwx's interactions. The donghua nailed their relationship! JL is too cute.

"I guess there weren't ppl tryna dig up Jin zixun's corpse to avenge wwx" ummm did you hear what lwj just admitted to lmao.

Also, "I'm not partial to him" hahaha yeah OK buddy.

I thought the changes to the plot were acceptable. At first I thought they were tryna change it so wwx actually *did* give zixun hundred holes, glad they took it in this whole graverobbing-lwj direction hahaha.

WWX and lwj are such badasses ❤️
IdknymkreAug 13, 2019 6:51 AM
Aug 13, 2019 6:57 AM

Dec 2016
I am AMAZED. This donghua team are very talented, such smart world building and new additions to the story. I am surprised a whole episode in one area turn out to be so interesting and amusing. The flashes of the past are a nice addition. Jin Zixun is one ugly bastard, inside and out :p
I can't decide who's a better bad ass. WWX or LWJ.

Sect leader Yao reminds me kinda of Yamato from Naruto with all that poping around and background melting he does. His blabbering really wasn't wanted tho, I could feel the tension from here dude...
I'm happy Wen NIng is here finally. That adorable lost face he has, my boy still has that innocence. But speaking of boys, Jin Ling really needs a spanking. Damn brat, calling his uncle
Aug 13, 2019 7:11 AM

Sep 2017
Awesome episode as always

The fight against that giant snake was incredible and well-animated, and I love how Lan Wangji still remains (in love ?:')) with Wei Wuxian and defends him...in front of him, without knowing it !

Besides that, I think this anime is the only one that succeeded to give me creepy vibes sometimes, some atmospheres are really creepy and I love it
Aug 13, 2019 8:08 AM

Feb 2010
Wow at this point I'm liking this even more than the first season. When the piano version of the OP started playing... ;__;
Aug 13, 2019 10:40 AM
Aug 2019
I love love love this episode. LWJ and wwx as individuals are already powerful, but them fighting and working together in sync?? *chef kiss*
Freaking Sect Leader Yao,, shouldn’t have save him smh he’s so freakin annoying omfg.
That little flashback to Baifeng Mt. tho. SHIJIEEEEE!! I love her so much. Best sister everrrr.
I love the little detail that the donghua added about LWJ trying to dig up the body of Jin Zixun and see if the curse mark is still there because that is something he would totally do!! Like he said, he’s not taking sides and isn’t being partial to wwx just because of his personal feelings. He’s a righteous and meticulous cultivator so of course he’d search for the truth when events leading to wwx death was shady af lol. We love a little lawyer/detective.
Ahhhhh!! I love series!
Aug 13, 2019 12:39 PM
Aug 2011
This series keeps the viewer with a perpetual mental timeline open and slotting in the shown snippets into it ourselves rather than hand-holding the viewer through the whole process. I dig it.

I have to say that the actual cultivation power aspect of this looks and sounds more impactful here than ever before.

Jin Ling's already getting a taste that not everything is as it has seemed all his life. There's always another side to people he has met or heard about until now.

Once again this episode ends with teasing more of the Ghost General. That face. T_T
Aug 13, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
I love it! Only two series and I'm truly addicted to this season. Can't wait for the next episodes.
Aug 13, 2019 4:38 PM
Apr 2018
Yamashita_Sora said:
I love it! Only two series and I'm truly addicted to this season. Can't wait for the next episodes.

I will take yer bait jiejie whats the other series you're addicted to??
Aug 13, 2019 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
amazing episode holly crap. that small feels section then a whole lot of creepy amazing ost aswell
Aug 14, 2019 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
It was so fun watching Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji working together. They make a great team.

Looks like Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian became quite close at some point. I really wanna read ahead in the novel to know more!!

Looks like Lan Wangji has already recognised Wei Wuxian. Seriously, even when they remove the BL, they can't remove the bromance without destroying the story completely. lol.

I am not sure how many of the characters I have seen before because a lot of them have similar names and designs.
Aug 14, 2019 5:15 AM

May 2018
Never get me bored. I can't wait to see the flashback what really happen after the flashback in season 1 end. Good episode.
Aug 14, 2019 8:10 AM
Mar 2019
Good episode, that was fast...its feels like watching 10 minutes show lol im enjoying it so much! i can't wait for the next ep ;_; anotherwaiting time..
Aug 14, 2019 6:19 PM
Aug 2019
I really like the techniques they use for battle. Lan WangJi has that calmness even when attacking. And those effects! I swear I'm getting spoiled by this series, now the majority of anime will seem cheap to me .....

Can someone put that kid on a leash. Maybe it's time for him to visit Lan Qiren.
Edit: Did MAL delete the reviews? They could have deleted the bots instead smh
YamiDevilAug 14, 2019 6:23 PM
Aug 14, 2019 8:11 PM
Aug 2019
YamiDevil said:
I really like the techniques they use for battle. Lan WangJi has that calmness even when attacking. And those effects! I swear I'm getting spoiled by this series, now the majority of anime will seem cheap to me .....

Can someone put that kid on a leash. Maybe it's time for him to visit Lan Qiren.

Seriously you're right. They deleted 3 of the 4 reviews ... why?
Aug 14, 2019 9:01 PM
Feb 2012
LwjDragHimmmm said:
YamiDevil said:

the reasons are listed in the guidelines https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=575725
Those ppl had reviewed before episode 4 came out that’s why they are deleted
ahneemeAug 14, 2019 9:07 PM
Aug 14, 2019 9:12 PM
Aug 2019
ahneeme said:
LwjDragHimmmm said:

the reasons are listed in the guidelines https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=575725
Those ppl had reviewed before episode 4 came out that’s why they are deleted

That's fair. Thanks for the clarification :)
Aug 17, 2019 12:05 AM
Jan 2018
All the changes are confusing me. I'm reading the novel and things weren't like this. I'm at chapter 31 atm.
Aug 17, 2019 7:00 AM
Apr 2018
Trix_42 said:
All the changes are confusing me. I'm reading the novel and things weren't like this. I'm at chapter 31 atm.

Yeah they change a lot. Think of them as two different stories, or think of the donghua as a condensed and censored version where they take shortcuts thru the plot. Once you finish the novel you should be able to tell what things they're changing and how they're condensing. They're definitely introducing you to Jin Zixun early in this episode 2 haha. Hope you enjoy the novel❤️ if you have any specific questions lmk
IdknymkreAug 17, 2019 7:39 AM
Aug 17, 2019 10:15 AM
Jan 2017
The battle against the giant snake was great, and this season I hope they exploit Wei's power
Aug 19, 2019 10:37 PM

Dec 2016
some really nice scenery here again - if this keeps up, we can probably expected good animation for quanzhi gaoshou too. judging by the seal at the end of the episode, jiang cheng will be in the next episode so i'm looking forward to that.

gotta say i appreciate how full of suspense they've made it; the 24 minutes feels like 4.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 20, 2019 12:53 PM

Sep 2017
Mo Dao Zu Shi never disappoints!!! Looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 21, 2019 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked what they did with this episode, 90% original content or not! From the interactions "Mo Xuanyu" had with his nephew to the flashbacks we got with Jiang Yanli standing up for her adopted brother at the autumn hunt to the bit with Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji teaming up to kill the measuring snake (with the flashback LWJ had of when they'd done the same all those years ago when they were trapped in the cave with the Xuanwu) to the fact that LWJ made it clear he'd tried his hardest to clear the Yiling Patriarch's name, at least in part, even after his death (not that he was partial to him at all, of course; why on earth would we think that), it just really had a lot of good moments. The whole episode showed glimpses of Wei Wuxian struggling with remorse over how certain things turned out too, which I appreciated since they kind of cut out certain parts earlier last season. Really good ep.
Sep 8, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
I know this isn’t the best time. But the cornetto ads. The freaking cornetto ads are so random and hilarious.
Feb 15, 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
This anime is so good! I liked this! The story is great!

More topics from this board

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 3, 2019

28 by samyllazevedo »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 23, 2019

51 by iamnameers »»
Feb 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM

» Altogether how'd you like S2?

Idknymkre - Aug 31, 2019

43 by Ougi_00 »»
Oct 29, 2022 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.