Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2019 10:07 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The curse mark only affects WWX's leg in the novel but here it's spreading to the rest of his body. LWJ quick save him!

Some flashback scenes from the novel were skipped. PLEASE READ THE NOVEL FOR THE FULL STORY!
Also RIP Jin Zixuan (for the 4th time after the novel, audio drama, and live action)...
Next will be Jiang Yanli T__T...
Aug 23, 2019 10:11 PM
Aug 2019
This episode hit me like a truck. Baby a-yuan was so adorable tho
Aug 23, 2019 10:17 PM

Aug 2008
:O i'll see the raw soon atm preparing to watch the 4th :)))
i'll comment more here after see how is
yes only the leg but is more dramatic if is the full body hehe
The spider is watching
Aug 24, 2019 12:19 AM
Apr 2018
1. Goddamn I inferred from the novel that lxc and jgy spend a lot of time gossiping, the donghua is really driving it home lmao they've been talking for 75% of season 2, prolly will go for 100%

2.yaaaay wn is awake! And wwx is out lmao how is ma boy gonna be so weak against a curse

3. Thiiis flashback ❤️❤️❤️ I wish they would have fleshed out the a-yuan calling lwj dad scene but I'm glad they included it. Maybe they originally made a full length season with more in depth explanations but the censorship board made them cut half of it out lol who knows.

4.ahhhhh wwx's "nah everyrhing is OK" smile lol my bby

5. Dude Jin zixun can you just not exist plz

6.JIN ZIXUAN NOOO my love! You'd just grown out of your moody teenage phase😭😭😭

Well there goes my credibility after assuring ppl there'd be another full flashback arc lol. I feel like their teenage years would have made more sense to show in quick flashbacks but their early 20s would have made more sense as a solid arc? But what do I know I don't produce donghua lol. It is way better if you think about the target audience being ppl whove already read the novel.

If u don't read the novel the Yiling Patriarch will send corpses to hide under your bed 😠
IdknymkreAug 24, 2019 12:53 AM
Aug 24, 2019 9:47 AM
Aug 2019
Yalthamen said:
1. Goddamn I inferred from the novel that lxc and jgy spend a lot of time gossiping, the donghua is really driving it home lmao they've been talking for 75% of season 2, prolly will go for 100%

2.yaaaay wn is awake! And wwx is out lmao how is ma boy gonna be so weak against a curse

3. Thiiis flashback ❤️❤️❤️ I wish they would have fleshed out the a-yuan calling lwj dad scene but I'm glad they included it. Maybe they originally made a full length season with more in depth explanations but the censorship board made them cut half of it out lol who knows.

4.ahhhhh wwx's "nah everyrhing is OK" smile lol my bby

5. Dude Jin zixun can you just not exist plz

6.JIN ZIXUAN NOOO my love! You'd just grown out of your moody teenage phase😭😭😭

Well there goes my credibility after assuring ppl there'd be another full flashback arc lol. I feel like their teenage years would have made more sense to show in quick flashbacks but their early 20s would have made more sense as a solid arc? But what do I know I don't produce donghua lol. It is way better if you think about the target audience being ppl whove already read the novel.

If u don't read the novel the Yiling Patriarch will send corpses to hide under your bed 😠

Yea I don’t think there will be any full flashbacks given that the animation team only had 7 month to finish this season. Which is kinda sad because I think they could’ve (and probably would) been able to give so much more content to the audience if they were just given more time :(
I think for each flashbacks, they’re just focusing on the main important parts that will further the plot while sacrificing other aspects (like the complicated relationships between the Yunmeng sibs, wwx & lwj.. etc.) though the donghua does give us those moments but because of the time restrictions, they had to condense so many things... aaaand I’m sad again :(((
I think most donghua-only watchers probably understand the plot since the essential storyline were given to them, but they probably won’t understand/experience the full overarching story. Not unless they micro analyze every little scene and all the interactions between each characters.
But I also like how the donghua present each character. Whenever a character show up, the core of who they are are highlighted.

Donghua Yiling Patriarch is so op and serious. He’s definitely the darker, harder wwx of all the adaptations.
Aug 24, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2018
LwjDragHimmmm said:

Yea I don’t think there will be any full flashbacks given that the animation team only had 7 month to finish this season. Which is kinda sad because I think they could’ve (and probably would) been able to give so much more content to the audience if they were just given more time :(
I think for each flashbacks, they’re just focusing on the main important parts that will further the plot while sacrificing other aspects (like the complicated relationships between the Yunmeng sibs, wwx & lwj.. etc.) though the donghua does give us those moments but because of the time restrictions, they had to condense so many things... aaaand I’m sad again :(((
I think most donghua-only watchers probably understand the plot since the essential storyline were given to them, but they probably won’t understand/experience the full overarching story. Not unless they micro analyze every little scene and all the interactions between each characters.
But I also like how the donghua present each character. Whenever a character show up, the core of who they are are highlighted.

Donghua Yiling Patriarch is so op and serious. He’s definitely the darker, harder wwx of all the adaptations.

Did they only have 7 months? What's that, the time between last season and this season? I really don't have the heart to criticize any adaptation material but I'm really not understanding how they decided to do the layout lol. But again, if it's just for the purpose of entertaining those of us who read, it makes more sense. For example, those E4 subs that just came out are gonna leave even the most analytical donghua watchers thinking that jyl really did take credit for someone else's soup 🤦‍♀️

Ikr hahaha young LWJ looks so freaking innocent next to the hardened Yiling Patriarch lol. I think missing out on the intensity of his transformation is the biggest donghua loss. But oh well, the novel is for the emotions, the donghua is for drooling over how pretty everyone is lol
Aug 24, 2019 10:41 AM
Aug 2019
Yalthamen said:
LwjDragHimmmm said:

Did they only have 7 months? What's that, the time between last season and this season? I really don't have the heart to criticize any adaptation material but I'm really not understanding how they decided to do the layout lol. But again, if it's just for the purpose of entertaining those of us who read, it makes more sense. For example, those E4 subs that just came out are gonna leave even the most analytical donghua watchers thinking that jyl really did take credit for someone else's soup 🤦‍♀️

Ikr hahaha young LWJ looks so freaking innocent next to the hardened Yiling Patriarch lol. I think missing out on the intensity of his transformation is the biggest donghua loss. But oh well, the novel is for the emotions, the donghua is for drooling over how pretty everyone is lol

Season 1 finished broadcasting in October, and April is when they are required to submit whatever final product they have on the second season for review/inspection for summer broadcasting, so I assume they had 7 month to finish the 2nd season, whereas in season 1, they probably had more than a year and less time restrictions to finish it.

Omg yea the jyl soup thing never got closure. I was super bummed out when no one came to give jzx a proper explanation. But I guess if you know her character from the previous episode (even tho she wasn’t shown that much) then one will know that she’s not that kind of person to do those kind of thing. Even I raised my eyebrow when jzx was just given a punch and jyl left just like that. She didn’t even seem that shaken.
Aug 24, 2019 11:07 AM
Apr 2018
LwjDragHimmmm said:
Yalthamen said:

Season 1 finished broadcasting in October, and April is when they are required to submit whatever final product they have on the second season for review/inspection for summer broadcasting, if that make sense lol

Omg yea the jyl soup thing never got closure. I was super bummed out when no one came to give jzx a proper explanation. But I guess if you know her character from the previous episode (even tho she wasn’t shown that much) then one will know that she’s not that kind of person to do those kind of thing. Even I raised my eyebrow when jzx was just given a punch and jyl left just like that. She didn’t even seem that shaken.

Yeah they probably would have been better off not including the soup scene at all, rather than leaving it so ambiguous. I feel like the whole point of that scene, which I loved in the novel, was a more in depth look at jzx. I honestly love jzx a lot and I thought that novel scene was one of the best illustrations of him & why he is so awkward & how it relates to class/status & how he does try to earnestly consider things like privilege but was seeing them too black and white, and that's why he'd been misjudging jyl all this time... and reality hits him hard, and if they weren't gonna show that bit of character development I don't quite see the point.

As for this raw of episode 6 I am holding out hope that the subs will prove they're doing their due diligence showing the (censored) relationship between wwx&lwj. Even though it looked like they cut everything up to shreds in the first few scenes, their goodbye looked like it was really good, definitely got feels with them respectfully bowing as they parted.

I'm guessing the last 2 episodes will conclude the flashbacks, what with how quick the flashbacks are going, and maybe the next season will be full present timeline. If they were going at the same pace as s1 I had initially assumed it would be more seasons but I'm thinking it'll wind up being 3 seasons in total. I reeeeally want to see the flashback of WQ & WN telling wwx they're going to lanling done right, as that was one of the most emotional scenes for me in the book, I'm thinking maybe that will be e7 and nightless city will be e8... I'm reeeeally hoping they're portrayed responsibly lol
IdknymkreAug 24, 2019 11:15 AM
Aug 24, 2019 6:22 PM

Aug 2019
Oh my precious little A-yuan!!

I guess you may even call S2 ep 6 heartwarming (No).

I read the novel and wonder what anime-only fans feel about the pace of this episode.For me personally I think they rushed things quite a bit. The JXZ scenes are not powerful as I thought it would be--but I think next ep would be full of emotions.

By the way, do you all read Chinese to understand what happened in Ep6? It is a pity that MDZS does not get the popularity it deserves (very few discussions), but at the same time I am happy because popularity is a double bladed sword --I certainly don't want others to hate this show because they think it is popular for no good reasons.

LynlovesdonghuaAug 24, 2019 9:23 PM
Aug 24, 2019 7:03 PM
Apr 2018
Lynlovesdonghua said:

By the way, do you all read Chinese to understand what happened in Ep6?

I don't read Chinese I think most of us in the "watching raws as soon as they're released" crew are novel readers which is how we know what's going on lol. Do you read Chinese??? I saw this app that apparently translates Chinese hardsubs into English ***and*** pinyin, I'm drooooling over it but you need a windows OS 😭 idk if it really works lol
Aug 24, 2019 9:28 PM

Aug 2019
Yalthamen said:
Lynlovesdonghua said:

By the way, do you all read Chinese to understand what happened in Ep6?

I don't read Chinese I think most of us in the "watching raws as soon as they're released" crew are novel readers which is how we know what's going on lol. Do you read Chinese??? I saw this app that apparently translates Chinese hardsubs into English ***and*** pinyin, I'm drooooling over it but you need a windows OS 😭 idk if it really works lol

Yep, I am a native Chinese speaker :D.

Aug 24, 2019 10:18 PM
Apr 2018
Lynlovesdonghua said:
Yalthamen said:

That's awesome, I'm one of those shameful ppl from the United States who only speaks English fluently 😔 I'm surprised you're here with us on MAL haha I imagine there's 10x better MDZS conversations happening online among chinese speakers
Aug 24, 2019 11:39 PM

Aug 2019
Yalthamen said:
Lynlovesdonghua said:

That's awesome, I'm one of those shameful ppl from the United States who only speaks English fluently 😔 I'm surprised you're here with us on MAL haha I imagine there's 10x better MDZS conversations happening online among chinese speakers

Surprisingly, no. The novel itself and other adaptations (live action/ audio drama) get too popular I can hardly find any place to discuss the anime.That's why l love to check out people's reactions/reviews to Mo Dao Zu Shi on youtube, which eventually leads me here.

There is a Donghua fan meeting today in Chongqing where S2 ep 7 will be released, so I do expect to find some news/video clips on Chinese social medias.
Aug 24, 2019 11:50 PM
Apr 2018
Lynlovesdonghua said:
Yalthamen said:

Surprisingly, no. The novel itself and other adaptations (live action/ audio drama) get too popular I can hardly find any place to discuss the anime.That's why l love to check out people's reactions/reviews to Mo Dao Zu Shi on youtube, which eventually leads me here.

There is a Donghua fan meeting today in Chongqing where S2 ep 7 will be released, so I do expect to find some news/video clips on Chinese social medias.

Yeah I wish i could keep up with Chinese social media since I'm generally gaga for Chinese novels, donghua, etc., and I can't even find mtl's for the novel I'm reading rn 😢. It's hard to find raws when I have no idea how to type in what I'm looking for. Although I did *just right now* get notifications that both MXTX's other 2 novels are getting manhua released within the next couple months so Google translate at least does me that favor lol. Yeah I keep hearing the live action is insanely popular in China, it's hard to find English speakers who kept up with it lol.
Anyway my bad I got way off topic of episode 6 lol
Aug 26, 2019 6:47 AM

Oct 2009
So, the silver bell that is carried by Jin Ling is made by Wu Xian D':

Zi Xuan~~ nyooo ;-;
I always thought he died to protect Yan Li. Didn't expect them to die separately. Incoming double sadness. RIP~ </3
Sep 9, 2019 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm. I've never really been that big on the idea that the dark energy from demonic cultivation and the Stygian Amulet/Tiger Seal was the main thing to blame for the Yiling Patriarch's more infamous deeds (I mean it was part of it, sure, but definitely not all) , but the donghua's really doubling down on it between the way they focused on that array sealing the amulet and had the latent resentful energy in Qionqi Path actively make WWX lose control at the end of the ep. I guess with the season's low ep count they had to find some way to streamline the plot, but like some of what they did last ep, it still kind of bugs me.

It's still doing a good job of focusing on character emotions from what they do keep in, though. The bits with Wen Ning and WWX in the present, Lan Wangji at Yiling in the past, the Yunmeng siblings' brief reunion before JYL's wedding a year before things went south, and Jin Zixuan's death all really got to me. And A-Yuan's a cute kid as always
Sep 9, 2019 9:11 PM

Oct 2015

Wei Wuxian on berserk mode was really cool!!!
lihle808Sep 9, 2019 9:16 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 9, 2019 11:01 PM

Mar 2016
I knew the Jin guy would die, but I really like that ancient-Chinese-male Tsundere, so I am kind of sad! Not sure if he really died this episode, though. Looked like he should have died from that terrible injury, but he hasn't even got married yet, so he can't have a son yet. Didn't he get to raise his son for a while before actually dying?

Wei Wuxian just came to visit his sister. I wonder if he was there to give the bad news. Things are not really making any sense right now, but in a good way as I still want to know more.

I was not expecting Wen Ning's consciousness to return. I really like him!

I wonder if Wen Qing saved Jin ZiXuan. She is a skilled healer.
Sep 10, 2019 3:16 AM
May 2010
FuMomo-kun said:
I knew the Jin guy would die, but I really like that ancient-Chinese-male Tsundere, so I am kind of sad! Not sure if he really died this episode, though. Looked like he should have died from that terrible injury, but he hasn't even got married yet, so he can't have a son yet. Didn't he get to raise his son for a while before actually dying?

Wei Wuxian just came to visit his sister. I wonder if he was there to give the bad news. Things are not really making any sense right now, but in a good way as I still want to know more.

Events shown are not in order.
After ED we got a scene before wedding and a scene near a bridge happened like a year after, WWX was invited for a celebratory one month after birth of his sister's boy. He got attacked and I don't know how they will show it in animation exacly but Wen Ning went berserk and killed that guy because of mind control. We could argue that was self defence but of course people who fear WWX power and wont it for themselves will twist truth.
Sep 10, 2019 5:33 AM

May 2018
He literally just bring back dead person back to life. Good to see Wen Ning still alive.
Sep 10, 2019 9:02 AM
Nov 2016
FuMomo-kun said:

let me clear some things for you, what we see in this episode, epi 6, is the future after Wei died and and come back to life, helping Wen ning and some looks at flashbacks after he turn to the dark path in his past BEFORE he died.

the flashbacks happen in the past, which mean it already happen.

Jin ZiXuan died that day he was stab by Wen ning Wei was invited to the party of his sister and Jin ZiXuan first born son. Wei will never see him before he died.

and many will blame Wei at Jin ZiXuan death now especially his bro Jing Chang.
Sep 10, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2009
wth. Too much is being skipped! Too much is being quickly passed over! I love all media of Mo Dao Zu Shi but so far the 2nd season can't compare to the first and definitely doesn't hold a candle to either the novel (duh) or the live action!

I NEED MORE! T-T

The only thing the anime does better is show off the magical aspects. It's definitely more fantastical.
Sep 10, 2019 10:01 AM

Sep 2017
an emotional episode. very sentimental. Mo Dao Zu Shi never dissapoints! looking forward to the next episode!
Sep 10, 2019 10:30 AM
Nov 2016
Inugirlz said:
wth. Too much is being skipped! Too much is being quickly passed over! I love all media of Mo Dao Zu Shi but so far the 2nd season can't compare to the first and definitely doesn't hold a candle to either the novel (duh) or the live action!

I NEED MORE! T-T

The only thing the anime does better is show off the magical aspects. It's definitely more fantastical.

they only have 8 episodes XD and they didn't have much time to work on it like S1. and still they did a great job with what they had.
Sep 10, 2019 10:32 AM
Nov 2016
hamaon said:
Hmm. I've never really been that big on the idea that the dark energy from demonic cultivation and the Stygian Amulet/Tiger Seal was the main thing to blame for the Yiling Patriarch's more infamous deeds (I mean it was part of it, sure, but definitely not all) , but the donghua's really doubling down on it between the way they focused on that array sealing the amulet and had the latent resentful energy in Qionqi Path actively make WWX lose control at the end of the ep. I guess with the season's low ep count they had to find some way to streamline the plot, but like some of what they did last ep, it still kind of bugs me.

It's still doing a good job of focusing on character emotions from what they do keep in, though. The bits with Wen Ning and WWX in the present, Lan Wangji at Yiling in the past, the Yunmeng siblings' brief reunion before JYL's wedding a year before things went south, and Jin Zixuan's death all really got to me. And A-Yuan's a cute kid as always

he lost control in the novel too, just from something else. either way it still his fault, he admit it and they even show it that he know he can't control it.
Sep 10, 2019 5:33 PM
Sep 2019
Thanjh said:
So is Jiang Yanli's death WWX's fault as a result of what happened to Jin Zixuan??

WWX kinda lost control again but JYL was stabbed by a raging cultivator. I defense of wwx, its not like he invited jyl there, she just showed up— they always show up at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Sep 10, 2019 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Ko-me said:
Inugirlz said:

I NEED MORE! T-T

they only have 8 episodes XD and they didn't have much time to work on it like S1. and still they did a great job with what they had.

Wait what?? It’s only gonna be 8 episodes??😭😭😭😭😭😭noooooo
Sep 10, 2019 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Ko-me said:
he lost control in the novel too, just from something else. either way it still his fault, he admit it and they even show it that he know he can't control it.

Yep, that's what I was talking about. What bugged me was one of the causes they had for it here not the fact that it happened at all.

Not a huge deal either way; it was just something that bothered me a little.
Sep 10, 2019 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
Ko-me said:
FuMomo-kun said:

let me clear some things for you, what we see in this episode, epi 6, is the future after Wei died and and come back to life, helping Wen ning and some looks at flashbacks after he turn to the dark path in his past BEFORE he died.

Jin ZiXuan died that day he was stab by Wen ning Wei was invited to the party of his sister and Jin ZiXuan first born son. Wei will never see him before he died.

I know it was a flashback, but aren't the flashbacks shown in order of events most of the time? (Although, based on an earlier reply I got, I guess it's not true in this donghua). I just find it kind of sad that flashback ZiXuan is as dead as present day ZiXuan.
Sep 11, 2019 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
I'm rather disappointed. I'm not telling the production team to include every detail but why in the world are they abridging everything this season? If they wanted to evoke any feelings of loss or regret or whatnot, taking their time to lay out the smallest details is the best way. In all honesty, it seems that you'll have to read the novel beforehand/watch the live-action/listen to the audio drama to get the gist of the donghua.

Since I've already done these I'm able to understand the situation. Also, it took me a while to realise that Jin Guangyao was the one who killed Wen Ruohan in the episode 16. Not a spoiler since it was shown before. The drama did a fantastic job when it came to pacing (although the effects were rather meh).

Jin Zixun's curse looks rather tame here, Jin Zixuan's death was even more so. I don't know if I missed seeing Zixun breaking Wei Wuxian's gift. WHile we're on that, it wouldv'e been great to see Wei Wuxian have SOME sort of reaction to the news of his shijie getting married and having a child.

Anyway, enough of the rant, I liked the episode. Can't wait to see my best boy Nie Huaisang be Mr Don't-Know-Anything.
Sep 11, 2019 5:00 AM
Nov 2016
hamaon said:
Ko-me said:

Yep, that's what I was talking about. What bugged me was one of the causes they had for it here not the fact that it happened at all.

Not a huge deal either way; it was just something that bothered me a little.

yeas I get what you mean they did it a little too fast, but that what we have. I reather they show something then not show anything at all so...and it's not that bad. could have been better, but well...I get they didn't have much time.
Sep 11, 2019 5:09 AM
Nov 2016
moshiyare said:
I'm rather disappointed. I'm not telling the production team to include every detail but why in the world are they abridging everything this season? If they wanted to evoke any feelings of loss or regret or whatnot, taking their time to lay out the smallest details is the best way. In all honesty, it seems that you'll have to read the novel beforehand/watch the live-action/listen to the audio drama to get the gist of the donghua.

Since I've already done these I'm able to understand the situation. Also, it took me a while to realise that Jin Guangyao was the one who killed Wen Ruohan in the episode 16. Not a spoiler since it was shown before. The drama did a fantastic job when it came to pacing (although the effects were rather meh).

Jin Zixun's curse looks rather tame here, Jin Zixuan's death was even more so. I don't know if I missed seeing Zixun breaking Wei Wuxian's gift. WHile we're on that, it wouldv'e been great to see Wei Wuxian have SOME sort of reaction to the news of his shijie getting married and having a child.

Anyway, enough of the rant, I liked the episode. Can't wait to see my best boy Nie Huaisang be Mr Don't-Know-Anything.

I think the dounge meant to those fans who already read the book. it's like you read the book that come first, and then come the movie after it. of course the movie base on the book meant for those kind of fans that already know some things on the book and read or will go read the novel after the movie. happen in a lot of movies base on books.

I don't think you need to read the novel to get what's going on though, the animation did a good job at it. of course they change things, the very first 1-2 episodes of S1 remove so many things and events from the novel so I"m actually not that surprise they remove the gift thing.

has for why they doing most of the things in this season now, I think it cause they want to move to the next arc in the story. they only left S3 and after that who knows, maybe they will stop there and they wanted to finish it before summer or that what I heard. anyway, you can't blame them for wanting to finish some events faster.

what drama are you talking about, we have audio drama and live action drama. has for pacing - the audio drama was THE BEST!! unlike the live action drama, that I actually hated the pacing there. so each and their own taste.

I think his death was still heart breaking, despite everything and the fast pacing, it still was very sad.
Ko-meSep 11, 2019 5:13 AM
Sep 11, 2019 5:17 AM
Nov 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Ko-me said:

I know it was a flashback, but aren't the flashbacks shown in order of events most of the time? (Although, based on an earlier reply I got, I guess it's not true in this donghua). I just find it kind of sad that flashback ZiXuan is as dead as present day ZiXuan.

nope, the order of the flashbacks are not chronological at all, some flashbacks is a long time after a lot of things happen and the flashback in the end of the episode was before the weeding of Yanli and Jin ZIXuan that she come to visit Wei for the lest time and ask him to pick a name to her future child.

if you think about it, it is make sense that some flashbacks happen way after some other flashbacks in this episode, in the logicel sense. they need to get married first --> then have a child
Sep 11, 2019 7:47 PM
Sep 2019
i understand ur problem with the flashback. I mean, if they were just planning on inserting it ‘randomly’ (like as hallucinations bec of the curse mark) they might as well do it chronologically.
Sep 11, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
if i recall in novel, wasn;t chronologically either few
been a time since read it although lol
The spider is watching
Sep 12, 2019 7:07 AM
Apr 2018
moshiyare said:

Sep 12, 2019 7:35 AM
Sep 2019
🧐 hmmm... from the looks of it thyre including the important flashbacks that will need to be addressed in the last scenes at guanyin temple. With that in mind, i wonder if we’ll have a detailed flashback on XXC, SL and XY... since they dont really relate to WWX that much.
Sep 12, 2019 3:52 PM
Sep 2019
[quote=Thanjh][quote=Pin_pyo message=58347641]
Thanjh said:

Bruh I was talking about the guy she married not her! Did I just get spoiled? xD

How is it a spoiler? All the episodes have been released
Sep 12, 2019 4:07 PM
Sep 2019
[quote=Thanjh][quote=Pin_pyo message=58356909]
Thanjh said:
Pin_pyo said:

How is it a spoiler? All the episodes have been released
Subbed? Pass a link if they are cos I don’t know any Chinese lol

😗 i thought pictures paint a thousand words lol
Sep 14, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Wait so then wen ning was the one who killed his shijie's soon to be husband? man that is so sad.... i was so happy when he gained his consciousness and now i just feel bad.... goddamn it cliffhanger....
Sep 14, 2019 10:22 AM
Apr 2018
beminim said:
Wait so then wen ning was the one who killed his shijie's soon to be husband? man that is so sad.... i was so happy when he gained his consciousness and now i just feel bad.... goddamn it cliffhanger....

Just to clarify, they were already married at that point. Their son, Jin Ling, had already been born. Wei Wuxian was invited to Jin Ling's one-month-old celebration, which is why Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning came down from the mountain and were ambushed.
Sep 14, 2019 7:16 PM
Sep 2019
beminim said:

This is what happens when the flashbacks are all over the place. Believe me, i’d arrive at the same conclusion if i hadnt read the novel
Sep 15, 2019 3:08 AM
Nov 2016
Pin_pyo said:
beminim said:

This is what happens when the flashbacks are all over the place. Believe me, i’d arrive at the same conclusion if i hadnt read the novel

in the novel the flashbacks is also all over the place though XD
Sep 15, 2019 5:46 AM
Sep 2019
Ko-me said:

It was pretty chronological tho... the jiang siblings visited wwx in yiling before jin zixuan died. Unlike in the donghua where u can assume jin zixuan died before the wedding bec the flashbacks scene was jumbled/out of order.

That scene where yanli was wearing a wedding dress shouldnt have been the ending scene of ep 6 but rather ep 5.
Pen_pineappleSep 15, 2019 7:23 AM
Sep 15, 2019 4:21 PM
Nov 2016
Pin_pyo said:
Ko-me said:

It was pretty chronological tho... the jiang siblings visited wwx in yiling before jin zixuan died. Unlike in the donghua where u can assume jin zixuan died before the wedding bec the flashbacks scene was jumbled/out of order.

That scene where yanli was wearing a wedding dress shouldnt have been the ending scene of ep 6 but rather ep 5.

the first flashback stop in a very random point, then we in the future again, then flash backs....that the pace of this novel THE WHOLE TIME. and yeas sometimes when I read it, I also got confuse cause the times are different when we come back to the future and yeas you need to add everything together in your head.

I actually wasn't a big fan of writing like this, at least in the dounge it is much more easier to see what come first, cause of the animetion and you don't need to imagine everything. at least that how I see it.
Sep 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Yalthamen said:
beminim said:

Just to clarify, they were already married at that point. Their son, Jin Ling, had already been born. Wei Wuxian was invited to Jin Ling's one-month-old celebration, which is why Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning came down from the mountain and were ambushed.
thanks, that helped
Sep 25, 2019 1:18 AM
Aug 2011
Damn this is even more shortened than the last episode. What a shame. There was really not much buildup to anything.

I keep getting mood whiplash too like
conscious Wen Ning and A-Yuan and his 2 dads have me smiling
to Zixuan dying and then suddenly shijie in beautiful wedding clothes. You're gonna do me like that? Okay.

But yeah everything is breakneck speed. WWX had some good lines and fun moments regarding baby A-Yuan and stuff, wish they showed more of that. We were supposed to get a really nice picture of the family he had built there with the Wens in Yiling.

Oh well at least I will never stop laughing at Jiang Cheng's entire existence- "Ru Lan sounds too much like Lan Clan."
standSep 25, 2019 1:29 AM
Sep 30, 2019 1:49 PM
Nov 2016
@Aim1rR that what I keep asking myself again and again XD
Sep 8, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2021
What hurts me the most about Zixuan's death is that, through Yanli's love, he had grown a lot as a person and he was ready to get to know Wei Ying better, I think he was really trying to keep his family united by inviting Wei Ying over to his home and letting him meet Jin Ling. He wanted his family to be happy and he knew that Yanli would only be truly happy if Wei Ying was near her, so he was trying to accept him and, by doing that, in a way he was showing the other clans that he didn't reject Wei Ying, that he considered him as a part of his own family.
It hurts to know that Wei Ying had another shot at being with his family again but he lost it right at this moment, and his face says it all: he knows he can't go back ever again.
Sep 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Jun 2007
this ep hit harder than the massacre of the jiang clan... and I think I need to read the novel after all. not much is happening between WWuxian and LanW and your boy would love to see that . . .
see you, space cowperson . . .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 2, 2019

24 by KuroKen15 »»
Feb 15, 12:05 PM

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 3, 2019

28 by samyllazevedo »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM

» Altogether how'd you like S2?

Idknymkre - Aug 31, 2019

43 by Ougi_00 »»
Oct 29, 2022 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.