Forum Settings
Forums

anyone else is not happy about the "current" state of anime community?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2019 7:27 AM

Jul 2016
mecharobot said:
necro_dancer said:

i haven't watched those 2 yet (im waiting for more episodes to pile up for that samurai one, im not into romance but i will check kaguya sama) but thats not the point, im not saying we are not getting good shows anymore

A good chance to watch some classics from 70s and 80s while you wait, no?

i plan on watching nana and kachou ouji soon but i have been focusing mostly on games in the past weeks (breaks till the new term starts in university)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2019 7:39 AM

Jul 2016
vhagar8 said:
necro_dancer said:

1) no need to be so aggressive man

2) negativity isn't always bad

3) u completely missed my point, clear your mind and read my post again

4) im not saying "destroy all moe" and im not saying people should only watch older anime, people should watch what they like AND ALSO EXPLORE A BIT MORE IF THEY HAVE THE TIME, no one is forcing them to sit through something they dont like for the sake of being up to date with everything

1. lol, actually that was my calm side
2. I honestly fail to imagine a situation where that's the case
3. Actually the point of my comment was that your points aren't really an issue for me:
-I'm ok with the level of moe we have nowadays
-Moe being a barrier to prevent new anime fans from joining us seems a little bit of an exageration to me and, anyway, I'm not willing to give up on something I like for the sake of potential new anime fans
-Cel animation and old character designs look ugly to me, that's why I'm not that interested in old anime (even though I ralely make an exception)
-Seasonals are kind of annoying because I don't get to manage my time as I'd like to, but it can't be helped since it's common sense people are more interested in talking about something they just watched rather than something they've watched years ago and barely remember and seasonals are more or less the ony ones that meet this requirement.
4. I said I find this type of complains annoying , not really sure why ur thinking I'm under the impression that ur trying to force people into something, never even alluded to that

1) u sounded pretty salty tho... but nevermind
2) im also failing to come up with an example too (because i have replied to so many comments, i can't come up with anything rn)
3) my problem is that moe is the "face of the anime" now
its less of a "barrier" and more like an "illusion" i guess? what im saying is that to the outsider, moe is anime and anime is moe, other genres get less representation
not liking old artstyle is understandable, though im not really talking only about 70 shows, i personally dropped ashita no joe... my main focus was on 90s and early 20s
seasonals are super annoying, so many shows are left unfinished
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2016
holysauron said:
Meh, it's just something that will ever be there. Japan has had an obsession with cuteness ever since the 70's and moe is only one of those symptoms. It's been around ever since otaku culture was a thing too. Characters like Lum or Ayanami Rei are seen as moe by Japan. It's just that here in the West it's seen as synonymous to a certain artstyle and slice of life anime. Personally I like moe because it's such a personal feeling, although I can't really explain why something is moe and why something isn't.

Your other problem is one I don't really share since I don't really talk about newer series. If I give an example it's always one I think is valid. Someone has seen my example? Great! Nobody answers me? *Proceeds to go on with life*

And people always talk about the latest stuff. Metalheads have been talking about djent for years now, live action fans talk about Stranger Things instead of The Twilight Zone, bookworms talk about the newest Sally Rooney novel instead of anything Charles Dickens managed to write in his lifetime. That's just normal. I don't know you but I'd say you're probably not very different to that.

The thing about reusing tropes is something that will always be present. It's just that the trends of today are not the trends of yesteryear. The 70's had lots of super mecha, the 80's had lots of mecha too as well as violent shounen (Hokuto no Ken etc.) and space operas, the 90's and early 00's had very esotheric stuff, battle shounen, Sailor Moon like mahou shoujo, the late 00's had melodrama and slice of life and you know what this decade has yourself. I'm even surprised you're not complaining about all the isekai that's been churned out ever since Sword Art Online got popular.

In the end anime was, is and will always be a product. If the artists had anything to say stuff like those OVA's from the 80's and 90's would be mainstream stuff instead of your umpteenth battle shounen, that is if the artists aren't from Kyoto Animation of course because they actually are the ones who have the final say over their own output.

Lastly I agree with your notion of traps but only because I find the thought someone tries to trick someone by looking like the other genre repulsive.

an actual reasonable response

i get the idea, i was using moe to refer to the "cute girls doing cute things" genre mostly

i agree with what you are saying

maybe im just whining because i specifically don't like the current trends

i just want a more "balanced" theme to the community and i can't really complain right now because we have boogiepop, kaguya, mob psycho and dororo this season while also having stuff like date a live...
Feb 12, 2019 7:55 AM
May 2018
Dave_Adrian said:

Prisma Illya WAS A MISTAKE

This is the most sensible thing anyone ever said on this website, thank you.

Seriously, they take the best evil "little woman" ever, turn her into an actual 12-year old magical girl... and makes her kiss her friends all the way? Like, WTF???
Prisma Illya is the one case where we can all agree they went too far. They not only utterly destroyed the character, they also openly used her as an illegal sex appeal.

About moe in general, I don't think it is something that happens that much. There are plenty animes with either no moe at all, or where moe is totally rare and irrelevant.
Take Steins;Gate for an example. Let's remove all the moe stuff (namely the cat girl and Mayuri's childish personality). Would it change the show that much? I don't think so.

Besides, it is sooo superficial. Personally, I don't care about moe for that very reason. It won't change the story. It won't change the audiovisual quality. It just impacts the realism of the show (and even then, not always).

@copyrightRingo:
Er, K-On didn't actually start the moe culture ^^'. It existed way before that. It didn't even make it popular, it already was before. Lucky Star, for example, is pure moe, and was made before K-On. Eroge, which often includes underage girls, have been using moe since the '90s (maybe even before).
Also, you say any "pure moe show" is bound to flop. But Yuru Camp aired in 2018 and was pretty well received!
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Feb 12, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2018
First, you are mixing the anime comunity with the industry. I don't think you should put both in the same bag.

Now I'm going to say my opinion.

Moe is everywhere? Yes, and I don't like it. But in Japan that is the one of the most popular stuff. Despite this I'm pretty happy with the quality of the shows in these recent years. I don't think that there is much difference in the diversity of the shows, the difference is that some genres or topics disappeared while others new appeared. Boggiepop having almost a 6 is proof that old isn't that appealing to new fans.

And about the anime community, I hate it. It's full of casuals overhyped by everything that have no idea about anything. The more ignorant the msot vocal they are. Tho I have to say, MAL's community isn't as bad compared to other people. Most people that is in this page at least have a basic idea about anime.

Feb 12, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2017
About Moe anime, firstly I don't see it as an inherently bad thing, it's just a tendency, a trend, and one that sells very well, which is good for the Industry. Secondly, you have to think of the Anime Industry as it is, An Industry. There will be trends, products that sell better than others, and those will be the ones you'll get to see the most, because they sell, and people want money.

Even if we, as westerners wouldn't like the Moe Culture, the tropes and shit, I don't think that'd be as important for the industry.

Who makes an anime product succesful? who has a major effect on the sales, and the decisions the companies in Japan take? The Japanese. If Japanese fans keep buying Moe, and keep it as succesful a product it is, well, Moe and everything you don't like about the industry will still be a thing in the future.

Feb 12, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2018
necro_dancer said:
ok so i need to make this clear first. the post isn't about "old anime is better than new", thats a totally different topic

Yes it is.

necro_dancer said:

i don't understand this, why wouldn't u watch older shows and why would u put time into something u don't like very much?

Who are you to speak on behalf of seasonal watchers? Nobody force them to watch seasonal anime or because of social pressure from the anime community. Have you ever thought they watch it because they genuinely love seasonal anime and moe? There's also the case where modern anime fans prefer modern art style over old art style. About the art thing, I didn't watch the old Dororo, but I heard they change art style/aesthetic to suit modern viewers.

necro_dancer said:
people should watch what they like AND ALSO EXPLORE A BIT MORE IF THEY HAVE THE TIME, no one is forcing them to sit through something they dont like for the sake of being up to date with everything

You are contradict with yourself here. If they are not suppose to be force, then there's no reason for them to explore a bit more if they don't want.
Papa_ScorchFeb 12, 2019 8:26 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2018
necro_dancer said:
vhagar8 said:

1. lol, actually that was my calm side
2. I honestly fail to imagine a situation where that's the case
3. Actually the point of my comment was that your points aren't really an issue for me:
-I'm ok with the level of moe we have nowadays
-Moe being a barrier to prevent new anime fans from joining us seems a little bit of an exageration to me and, anyway, I'm not willing to give up on something I like for the sake of potential new anime fans
-Cel animation and old character designs look ugly to me, that's why I'm not that interested in old anime (even though I ralely make an exception)
-Seasonals are kind of annoying because I don't get to manage my time as I'd like to, but it can't be helped since it's common sense people are more interested in talking about something they just watched rather than something they've watched years ago and barely remember and seasonals are more or less the ony ones that meet this requirement.
4. I said I find this type of complains annoying , not really sure why ur thinking I'm under the impression that ur trying to force people into something, never even alluded to that

1) u sounded pretty salty tho... but nevermind
2) im also failing to come up with an example too (because i have replied to so many comments, i can't come up with anything rn)
3) my problem is that moe is the "face of the anime" now
its less of a "barrier" and more like an "illusion" i guess? what im saying is that to the outsider, moe is anime and anime is moe, other genres get less representation
not liking old artstyle is understandable, though im not really talking only about 70 shows, i personally dropped ashita no joe... my main focus was on 90s and early 20s
seasonals are super annoying, so many shows are left unfinished

-Not sure how right ur on that since I've never really met an outsider who's avoiding anime because they're "moe", but even if ur right on that; moe gets more attention since a lot of anime fans like it and talk about it, I still don't see why we should value outsiders more than us.
-I consider 90s and early 2000s shows to be old anime as well since I still have with them the very same issues I have with 70s and 80s shows
-Shows being left unfinished really sucks, but that's not something u can really blame on the anime community
Feb 12, 2019 8:14 AM

Jun 2011
What's Re:Zero known for? Rem the waifu
What's SAO known for? Asuna the waifu

I agree moe is very annoying sometimes when they try too hard just to sell the cuteness, it's to a point where "when everyone's special, no one is." It's just not that cute or fun or new anymore. If you're a newer anime fans, you may like it because it's totally different from what you perceive anime as, but the longer you stay in the anime community, you'll find these type of anime to be pretty shitty.

Moe is fine, but if you neglect good writing and just sell your "moe-ness", the moment the cuteness wears off, the series is left with nothing at all.

Hayao Miyazaki once said if I am not mistaken that there's a lot of otaku coming into the anime industry, people who do not observe real life person, that is why the anime industry is devolving into this crap where more otaku stuffs are being spawned. Character interactions don't feel genuine, art and animation are awkward more often than not compared to Ghibli's stuffs. It's just filled with all the otaku shit.

I have very hard time wanting to watch the next episode more often than not when I am watching Japanese anime these days, but wouldn't even want to go to bed sometimes watching Chinese anime. There's a very distinctive difference in how anime's being made in that 2 different mediums, that you'll notice if you've seen enough of both. Compare older anime stuffs that are much easier to binge to the newer, more formulaic style of episode planning, the difference is like day and night.

Though I suspect anime today is made for the current generation who always wants stuffs done immediately, they want to get their payoffs asap. It's kind of like how mmorpg is not as popular anymore because you have to do a lot of heavy grinding to get somewhere, whereas in games like Dota or LOL you can have immediate satisfaction without spending too much time.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 12, 2019 8:16 AM

Jan 2018
ToG25thBaam said:

I agree moe is very annoying sometimes when they try too hard just to sell the cuteness, it's to a point where "when everyone's special, no one is." It's just not that cute or fun or new anymore. If you're a newer anime fans, you may like it because it's totally different from what you perceive anime as, but the longer you stay in the anime community, you'll find these type of anime to be pretty shitty.

Moe is fine, but if you neglect good writing and just sell your "moe-ness", the moment the cuteness wears off, the series is left with nothing at all.

Hayao Miyazaki once said if I am not mistaken that there's a lot of otaku coming into the anime industry, people who do not observe real life person, that is why the anime industry is devolving into this crap where more otaku stuffs are being spawned. Character interactions don't feel genuine, art and animation are awkward more often than not compared to Ghibli's stuffs. It's just filled with all the otaku shit.

I have very hard time wanting to watch the next episode more often than not when I am watching Japanese anime these days, but wouldn't even want to go to bed sometimes watching Chinese anime. There's a very distinctive difference in how anime's being made in that 2 different mediums, that you'll notice if you've seen enough of both. Compare older anime stuffs that are much easier to binge to the newer, more formulaic style of episode planning, the difference is like day and night.

Though I suspect anime today is made for the current generation who always wants stuffs done immediately, they want to get their payoffs asap. It's kind of like how mmorpg is not as popular anymore because you have to do a lot of heavy grinding to get somewhere, whereas in games like Dota or LOL you can have immediate satisfaction without spending too much time.

THIS NIBBA RIGHT HERE IZ PREACHIN SUM GUD SHIEET

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 12, 2019 8:18 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
I don't watch airing shows... even if it's a continuation of something I already have seen. I wait for them to finish airing so I can binge them. This is mostly due to my impatience xD

As for the state of anime.... eh I don't really feel it's going in a good or bad direction since that's more of an "in the eye of the beholder" sort of depiction.

In the end, people will do as they please. Watch new airing shows to talk about recently aired episodes with friend or people online? Cool. Watch older shows because they look more interesting to you? Great. Watch only the shows with super moe characters? Okay. Watch popular/top rated shows only? Dandy. Certain tropes/ niche genres interest you? Good for you.

I don't know. You do you is what I'm getting at.
Feb 12, 2019 8:20 AM
Feb 2017
necro_dancer said:
ok so i need to make this clear first. the post isn't about "old anime is better than new", thats a totally different topic

my problem isn't that "moe" shouldn't exist, my problem is that moe is getting used too much

a large portion of new shows are moe, pretty much all the memes are based on these shows and most of what an "outsider" sees in anime is cute girls (+some dragon ball and other shounens)

i feel like its creating a barrier or something

another problem i have is that people feel the need to watch new seasonal anime just because they want to be familiar with the current events and everything

i don't understand this, why wouldn't u watch older shows and why would u put time into something u don't like very much?

i wasn't an anime fan "in the old days" but it seems like there was more diversity in both the shows and the fan base. u had moe stuff but there was also over the top action shows and everything

it feels like a lot of the writing is lazy in newer shows and they just re-use tropes too much

nothing wrong with tropes itself but a trope like "traps" isn't that amazing of an idea in the first place so...

i honestly wish i was born sooner or at least started watching anime at an earlier age, i have this shitty feeling of loneliness

I completely ignored most shows in 2017 to focus on older shows like Higurashi, Parasyte, NGNL, etc. Anime is trying to cater itself more toward trends, that's why shows that deviate from the norm get more attention and popularity. I also agree, traps are gay.
Feb 12, 2019 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
Gorochu said:
necro_dancer said:

Yes it is.

necro_dancer said:

Who are you to speak on behalf of seasonal watchers? Nobody force them to watch seasonal anime or because of social pressure from the anime community. Have you ever thought they watch it because they genuinely love seasonal anime and moe and they prefer modern art over old art? I didn't watch the old Dororo, but I heard they change art style/aesthetic to suit modern viewers.

necro_dancer said:
people should watch what they like AND ALSO EXPLORE A BIT MORE IF THEY HAVE THE TIME, no one is forcing them to sit through something they dont like for the sake of being up to date with everything

You are contradict with yourself here. If they are not suppose to be force, then there's no reason for them to explore a bit more if they don't want.

sometimes, it doesn't even cross your mind to do something

the way u put it, we should stop recommending shows to each other right?

i would never play dark souls if my friend didn't force me through the first 2 areas, now its one of my favorite games of all time

i would never enjoy monogatari if i stayed in my comfort zone of battle shounens and comedies

do u get what im trying to say?
Feb 12, 2019 8:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this thread is the perfect example of why im not happy with the current state of the anime community

whine whine whine

complain complain complain

"anime needs to be manlier so people don't laugh at me for watching it"

^ im sure most of these threads have this as their core issue.. this community cares WAY TOO MUCH about the status quo

etc

etc

etc

boo fucking hoo

and the worst part is is threads like this definitely existed over 10 years ago

japan doesn't give a fuck about what you think and thats the best part.. they do them regardless of westerners whining on twitter or w/e

and moe is pretty much as old as anime is, and im pretty sure moe came before manime.... so what the fuck are you even saying?

EcchiGodMamsterFeb 12, 2019 8:33 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2018
necro_dancer said:
Gorochu said:

Yes it is.

Who are you to speak on behalf of seasonal watchers? Nobody force them to watch seasonal anime or because of social pressure from the anime community. Have you ever thought they watch it because they genuinely love seasonal anime and moe and they prefer modern art over old art? I didn't watch the old Dororo, but I heard they change art style/aesthetic to suit modern viewers.

i would never play dark souls if my friend didn't force me through the first 2 areas, now its one of my favorite games of all time

i would never enjoy monogatari if i stayed in my comfort zone of battle shounens and comedies

What makes you think it didn't cross their mind? 2 recent old anime I watch are Macross and Record of Lodoss War. I drop both of them. Learn from my lesson. Old anime are not as good as what old anime fans been trying to promote. Have you ever thought people already know what kind of anime they don't like just by looking at the art? You can recommend but do not whine or make false accusation when people choose not to watch your recommendations.
Feb 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
this thread is the perfect example of why im not happy with the current state of the anime community

whine whine whine

anime needs to be manlier so people don't laugh at me

etc

etc

etc

boo fucking hoo

and this comment right here is why... u know the rest

oh and look at that profile, im a degenerate too but i separate the anime and other stuff from that... like holy shit. u literally watch everything for boobs and ass?
Feb 12, 2019 8:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
necro_dancer said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

whine whine whine

anime needs to be manlier so people don't laugh at me

etc

etc

etc

boo fucking hoo

oh and look at that profile, im a degenerate too but i separate the anime and other stuff from that... like holy shit. u literally watch everything for boobs and ass?

im so sorry that im not going to be a pussy let what other people think control my choices

how horrible of me

ill remember to bow down to people who might laugh next time
Feb 12, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2016
Gorochu said:
necro_dancer said:

What makes you think it didn't cross their mind? 2 recent old anime I watch are Macross and Record of Lodoss War. I drop both of them. Learn from my lesson. Old anime are not as good as what old anime fans been trying to promote. Have you ever thought people already know what kind of anime they don't like just by looking at the art? You can recommend but do not whine or make false accusation when people choose not to watch your recommendations.

first, what makes u think u think it does crosses everyone's mind? u are speaking from personal experience right now

again, saying the old show isnt good cause u didn't like it
Feb 12, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2018
necro_dancer said:
Gorochu said:

first, what makes u think u think it does crosses everyone's mind? u are speaking from personal experience right now

Good thing you notice it yourself. My post here is exactly how you act in OP.

necro_dancer said:
Gorochu said:

Well said. Thread like this are why old anime fan become known as elitist. You love old anime fine, but don't force your opinion down on everyone else throat and then try to deny it. If people are not happy with the current state of anime they themselves will choose to watch something else or quit it.
Papa_ScorchFeb 12, 2019 8:41 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2018
ToG25thBaam said:

Isn't that like an improvement?
Anime is an hobby not a job, watching that keeps u entertained makes more sense to me than forcing yourself though something boring hoping for an high pay off in the end that might not even come
vhagar8Feb 12, 2019 8:50 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2018
necro_dancer said:

i get the idea, i was using moe to refer to the "cute girls doing cute things" genre mostly

Use the proper term then...also have you tried to watch the ones that are considered really good like Non Non Biyori or Sora yori mo Tooi Basho? Because like every other anime tag those shows are no equal - there is some good, some bad and some mediocre stuff.

By the way isn't Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou cgdct too? You gave it 10/10. (and I like it very much too)

Also I think you don't see the bigger picture here.
For example isekai is not such a bad idea but after it became popular all the mediocre authors started milking it...nowadays it's a synonym of a derivative crap.
Same thing happend with other setting like mecha.

Let assume that one day something you like will become popular. Believe me the market will be drowned with hack imitations of the first titles that made it famous.
alshuFeb 12, 2019 10:39 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
necro_dancer said:

im so sorry that im not going to be a pussy let what other people think control my choices

how horrible of me

controlling your actions? when did i imply that? people are free to do whatever they want but they should also be ready to be judged so dont get mad over it. that said, i wasn't judging u or insulting u even if i sounded like that (typing is hard)

but i was genuinely curios if u only watch anime for boobs and panty shots, its just a weird concept to me
Feb 12, 2019 8:45 AM

Jul 2016
Gorochu said:
necro_dancer said:

Good thing you notice it yourself. My post here is exactly how you act in OP.

necro_dancer said:

Well said. Thread like this are why old anime fan become known as elitist. You love old anime fine, but don't force your opinion down on everyone else throat and then try to deny it. If people are not happy with the current state of anime they themselves will choose to watch something else or quit it.

ok im done, i can't make u understand

1 look at my profile and the oldest of my favorites is lain in 98 with 3 of my favorite shows being after 2010. yet u tell this is a "old anime is better" post
Feb 12, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2015
I feel like the current state of anime community seeing there's something wrong with moe is absolutely quite the irony apparent in this thread.
Feb 12, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
alshu said:
necro_dancer said:

Use the proper term then...also have you tried to watch the ones that are considered really good like Non Non Biyori or Sora yori mo Tooi Basho? Because like every other anime tag those shows are no equal - there is some good, some bad and some mediocre stuff.

By the way isn't Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou cgdct too? You gave it 10/10. (and I like it very much too)

Also I think you don't see the bigger picture here.
For example isekai is not such a bad idea but after it became popular all the mediocre authors started milking it...nowadays it's a synonym of a derivative crap.
Same thing happend with other setting like mecha.

Let assume that one day something you like will become popular. Believe me the marked will be drowned with hack imitations of the first titles that made it famous.

i haven't watched non non biyori but i have definitely tried the genre, i love K-on and a few other ones (like interviews with monster girls... it was good)

girls last tour is one of the best, the characters are cute but the show is a lot more than that, it has some very unique moments and the general artstyle/atmosphere is great (good ost too)

yeah i agree, not sure when this shitty isekai is gonna end
Feb 12, 2019 8:50 AM

Dec 2018
I have some serious problems with the anime community just not so much the things mentioned in your OP. My issues are with the Lolicons and rape hentai fans. They should be imprisoned before they turn into full blown chimos.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 12, 2019 8:52 AM

Jan 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
I have some serious problems with the anime community just not so much the things mentioned in your OP. My issues are with the Lolicons and rape hentai fans. They should be imprisoned before they turn into full blown chimos.

They aint the anime community bruh... they R Kelly's supporters

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 12, 2019 8:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
necro_dancer said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

how horrible of me

controlling your actions? when did i imply that? people are free to do whatever they want but they should also be ready to be judged so dont get mad over it. that said, i wasn't judging u or insulting u even if i sounded like that (typing is hard)

but i was genuinely curios if u only watch anime for boobs and panty shots, its just a weird concept to me

ok, well my bad, sorry

but still, im definitely getting this vibe that you think moe shouldn't exist because you think its a negative stereotype of anime

which its not.. theres nothing wrong with overusing human instinct/appeal w/e you want to call it... its done every day and its pretty much essential to get people invested in something, even when you don't notice its being done

and even if for sake of argument it mostly seen as negative, so what? why does it matter if people look at it negatively? does anime need to be appealing to western mainstream thought?

its always been there, and it always will be, and people who don't like that can take an L forever

and what is this notion that if you fanservice is your favorite part of anime thats suddenly means NOTHING ELSE matters?

i love fanservice, but that doesnt mean thats ALL i care about... theres plenty of fanservice anime i have no interest in and theres been plenty of anime with little to none that i do

also.. so fucking what IF that was the only reason i watched?

Hokage_Jason said:

lets make sure to lock up all the GTA and COD players as well, just to make sure they go around robbing and shooting people

i don't give a shit about rape hentai.. but im definitely a lolicon

you better hide your kids hide your wife

EcchiGodMamsterFeb 12, 2019 9:03 AM
Feb 12, 2019 9:03 AM

Dec 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
necro_dancer said:

ok, well my bad, sorry

but still, im definitely getting this vibe that you think moe shouldn't exist because you think its a negative stereotype of anime

which its not.. theres nothing wrong with overusing human instinct/appeal w/e you want to call it... its done every day and its pretty much essential to get people invested in something, even when you don't notice its being done

and even if for sake of argument it mostly seen as negative, so what? why does it matter if people look at it negatively? does anime need to be appealing to western mainstream thought?

its always been there, and it always will be, and people who don't like that can take an L forever

and what is this notion that if you fanservice is your favorite part of anime thats suddenly means NOTHING ELSE matters?

i love fanservice, but that doesnt mean thats ALL i care about... theres plenty of fanservice anime i have no interest in and theres been plenty of anime with little to none that i do

Hokage_Jason said:

lets make sure to lock up all the GTA and COD players as well, just to make sure they go around robbing and shooting people

Getting off to 12 year olds, animated or not, is sickening and you should seek mental help.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 9:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hokage_Jason said:

Getting off to 12 year olds, animated or not, is sickening and you should seek mental help.

shooting people, animated or not, is sickening and you should seek mental help.

nice argument

can't wait for you to justify this double standard
Feb 12, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2017
Anime is our past, present and future.

The only think that I don't like about this community is the annoying fanboyism. Everything else is ok.

Also, moe is overrated.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 12, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Hokage_Jason said:

nice argument

Not going to justify it because I don’t play cod or gta, and because I’m not going to waste time arguing with a pedophile :3

You’re sitting here defending the sexualization of 12 year olds lol. Any decent functioning member of society would tell you to kill your self or check into a mental hospital if you tried defending that shit irl.

That’s why you’re here on these forums where you and your sick fetish can hide behind the internet.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
necro_dancer said:

ok, well my bad, sorry

also.. so fucking what IF that was the only reason i watched?

Hokage_Jason said:

i don't moe shouldn't exist, i just feel like there is too much of it and there is too much focus on it

i don't have problem with fanservice as long as its not over-used or ruins the anime

there is no negativity here, im just saying moe shouldn't be everything thats all, i just want diversity

but everyone had to turn into a "moe bad" and "old anime better" thread...

also, another thing i hate is the "memes" that are annoying because they have been here for so long, traps being gay or "officer i swear she is 500" for example

>also.. so fucking what IF that was the only reason i watched?

nothing wrong with that, now that i think about it, at first i thought "why not watch hentai in the first place" so i found it weird but fanservice and porn are different

as for the lolicon part, i agree with you. its an stupid logic... the drawing doesn't even look like a real girl
Feb 12, 2019 9:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hokage_Jason said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

nice argument

Not going to justify it because I don’t play cod or gta, and because I’m not going to waste time arguing with a pedophile :3

You’re sitting here defending the sexualization of 12 year olds lol. Any decent functioning member of society would tell you to kill your self or check into a mental hospital if you tried defending that shit irl.

That’s why you’re here on these forums where you and your sick fetish can hide behind the internet.

well im sorry if you can't tell the difference between an idealized drawing and a real child

idk why you're telling the person who can they need mental help, sounds like irony to me
Feb 12, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2016
Hokage_Jason said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

nice argument

more like "i CANT justify it" lmao

they are not real idiot, no one is going around fucking children

u mean the people that Stereotype everything, can't think for themselves and always try to remain "normal" so they can feel like they are better than others?

accept it dude, the other guy is right, your morals are flawed
Feb 12, 2019 9:31 AM
May 2016
wew this thread's turning into a worse shitshow with every post, this is fun to read

Hokage_Jason said:

is there something inherently wrong with indulging in fantasies and fiction? i don't see an issue if they can clearly distinguish fantasy and fiction from reality, but it seems you can't...
Feb 12, 2019 9:32 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
necro_dancer said:

i don't moe shouldn't exist, i just feel like there is too much of it and there is too much focus on it

i don't have problem with fanservice as long as its not over-used or ruins the anime

there is no negativity here, im just saying moe shouldn't be everything thats all, i just want diversity

also, another thing i hate is the "memes" that are annoying because they have been here for so long, traps being gay or "officer i swear she is 500" for example

nothing wrong with that, now that i think about it, at first i thought "why not watch hentai in the first place" so i found it weird but fanservice and porn are different

as for the lolicon part, i agree with you. its an stupid logic... the drawing doesn't even look like a real girl

well japan doesn't and should never care how you feel... lol

its not overused and it doesn't ruin anime

its not everything

well thats how this thread comes off

idgaf about anime memes

good... im glad you know the difference.. and i don't even like hentai

thank you... real childen don't have perfect bodies, ideal personalities and giant eyes, etc, where the hell is the comparison?
Feb 12, 2019 9:35 AM

Dec 2018
Like I said not going to argue with people trying to defend sexualization of 12 year olds.

I don’t care if it’s a fantasy or if you’re actually doing it, either way makes you human trash to me.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
necro_dancer said:

its not everything

idgaf about anime memes

thank you... real childen don't have perfect bodies, ideal personalities and giant eyes, etc, where the hell is the comparison?

that about wraps it up

(u misunderstood my second point but its fine, fan service can be annoying in certain action shows when something intense is happening and they randomly flash panties in your face... senran kagura is a different case, im talking about shows that are serious)
Feb 12, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
ToG25thBaam said:

Uh, I wish people stopped blindly quoting Miyazaki on this matter. I love his work and he definitely opts for observation and attention to detail which is great, but Miyazaki is not some sort of maximum authority in character writing; actually I think Takahata often mocked him for idealizing his female characters.

And also because the audience often just doesn't know enough about the writing process and how much those involved do know about and reference "real life", and they have to resort to dumb inferences. This is how we get dumb shit like claiming that the author of Comic Girls doesn't know how girls interact and never met one in real life, when the series is basically a stylized retelling of her own life story.

Check Naoko Yamada's interviews on K-On! and you'll see how her portrayals are heavily rooted on a similar observational tone to the one Miyazaki promotes and tries to frame her characters as real people. Check the statements on the production process of Yuru Camp and how the staff bothered to check in real life pretty much every camping action, site and tool the manga showed. And so on.

Edit.- Not saying that it's your case and not particularly on the examples I've mentioned, but people often overuse this quote to confirm their biases. Reality is kind of more complicated and nuanced than "I don't relate, this can't happen in reality" and shows and authors should be judged on a case by case basis and take into account their background and personal experiences, the cultural divergences and if the series even tries to emulate or correspond to reality.
jal90Feb 12, 2019 9:59 AM
Feb 12, 2019 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
Hokage_Jason said:
Like I said not going to argue with people trying to defend sexualization of 12 year olds.

I don’t care if it’s a fantasy or if you’re actually doing it, either way makes you human trash to me.

1) cause u can't, u simply can't comprehend it

2) your morals are shit

3) all human are trash already
Feb 12, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2018
necro_dancer said:
Hokage_Jason said:

2) your morals are shit

The guy jerking it to 12 year olds is questioning my morals lol. You’re something else.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 9:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
necro_dancer said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

its not everything

idgaf about anime memes

that about wraps it up

(u misunderstood my second point but its fine, fan service can be annoying in certain action shows when something intense is happening and they randomly flash panties in your face... senran kagura is a different case, im talking about shows that are serious)

....... those are my favorite kinds of shows and some of my favorite type of fanservice....

and if the show is doing that, then you shouldn't be trying to take it seriously in the first place

the REAL issue is that people take anime seriously when they shouldn't be

Hokage_Jason said:
necro_dancer said:

2) your morals are shit

The guy jerking it to 12 year olds is questioning my morals lol. You’re something else.

i've never fapped to a 12 year old
Feb 12, 2019 9:44 AM
May 2016
Hokage_Jason said:

why did you even bring it up if you didn't want to argue about it? is it so difficult and offending for you to hear opinions that are different from yours?
i just want to know what you find so wrong with fantasies and fiction
Feb 12, 2019 9:50 AM

Dec 2015
I woud not say that's even close to a problem, if ppl do forcing themself to watch something they might start changing and start liking something new, I woud say that's a good thing.

Something that's not a good thing, is the ppl in this damn community spamming out troll reviews like crazy.
Or ppl doing fake accounts to higher the score on a anime they like and force down the score on a anime they don't like beacuse it's got higher score then the anime they like.

Or ppl that is using the word weeb as a excuse to play retard both in real life and here on the internet.

We need more ppl that can start appreciate old animes and shoujo and if ppl can force themself to change, please do i'm here cheering on you.

PPL do love to act as retards in the anime community and that's a problem for me not that someone like Black Clover or someone is in love with Oniisama or EVA.
We shoud enjoy what we want, that's the whole point with all of the 23k animes made.

And if you don't like cute girls doing cute things, don't watch it, I promise you I aint forcing you mate.

We got manly stuff like Jojo, that's gay.
But that's my opinion as you think moe is used to much, as I love moe.
Moe and Shoujo ai is so damn whole some it makes me feel good inside.

Feb 12, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
i ll just say i prefer mayonnaise over ketchup
deal with it
edit ;and now for real i ll say it again let people watch what they want everyone have different tastes

Well...
Feb 12, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2018
Shiroanon said:
Hokage_Jason said:

why did you even bring it up if you didn't want to argue about it? is it so difficult and offending for you to hear opinions that are different from yours?
i just want to know what you find so wrong with fantasies and fiction

I brought it up because I feel it’s my duty as a human to tell adults who are sexually aroused by rape and prepubescent girls that they are trash.

Im totally okay with people having different tastes. I think HxH is super overrated, but I’m not going to go around shit talking it’s fan base lol. I respect their opinion.

But this is a different matter all together. I’m not going to argue it because no one is going to change their opinion.

People with a strong enough moral basis to see the problem with Lolis/rape/incest will continue to hate those things, because they understand it’s wrong.

And the sickos who get off to it clearly have no morals, so expecting them to realize their fetish is not okay is like expecting a five year old to take calculus.

THERE IS A REASON ITA BEING DEFENDED ON FORUMS AND NOT IRL. You would be imprisoned or assaulted for advocating a sexual desire in rape or 12 year olds in the real world.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 9:52 AM

Jul 2016
Hokage_Jason said:
necro_dancer said:

2) your morals are shit

i don't have morals which is why im questioning yours

see how dumb u are?
Feb 12, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
necro_dancer said:

that about wraps it up

....... those are my favorite kinds of shows and some of my favorite type of fanservice....

and if the show is doing that, then you shouldn't be trying to take it seriously in the first place

Hokage_Jason said:

we probably just have different taste then
Feb 12, 2019 9:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
necro_dancer said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

we probably just have different taste then

regardless.. i still think people take anime WAY TOO seriously

just because theres drama or people die, doesn't mean its supposed to be serious

people should known by now that Japan has a different culture and doesn't give a fuck and i think thats what we love so much about anime
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

8 by Toooooooooohru »»
30 seconds ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime

rohan121 - 54 minutes ago

7 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 30 minutes ago

2 by _Nette_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Best Orange-hair guy in anime

RedTea33 - 2 hours ago

3 by Toooooooooohru »»
13 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7185 by armob »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.