Forum Settings
Forums

every show with gore in it should be deep and philosophical now? (anti goblin slayer rant)

New
Oct 11, 2018 3:59 AM

Jul 2016
about the goblin slayer controversy, some people are now saying that: the show isn't as deep as other dark shows and is only for edgelords

so what? complaining about the show's graphical violence while insulting everyone that watches it, nice!

its like these people have only watched DEEP anime till now... people watch certain shows just because THERE IS A CUTE GIRL IN THEM

i get that, chimera ant arc from hunter x hunter might be better in terms of writing, i definitely had emotional attachment to the ants (especially king) but that doesn't mean GS is bad. HxH was just a different story with different goals

people don't go out of their way to say doom is bad, they just won't play it if story is an important element to them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2018 4:09 AM

Aug 2017
calm down dude only one episode is out so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2018 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
say that to the triggered people on twitter or youtube man, its ridiculous
Oct 11, 2018 4:15 AM

Aug 2018
Its been one episode. And you shouldn't care.
Oct 11, 2018 4:16 AM

Mar 2018
Likes watching a show with gore and rape but cant handle some fat kids on twitter talking shit

TYPICAL EDGELORD
poop
Oct 11, 2018 4:18 AM

Sep 2018
No one's going to take the anime away from you anytime soon.
KotziForeverOct 11, 2018 4:25 AM

Oct 11, 2018 4:26 AM

Jan 2018
I would like to talk about it if it's some succubus slayer kind of thing but goblin. Now watch me whip whip, watch me nae nae. break your leg
Oct 11, 2018 5:33 AM
Mar 2018
I'm interested in watching more of it, and apparently a few people said the manga was more shocking, I didn't read the manga but I looked for those scenes, there are details the networks won't show but overall I found the episode more shocking, not the manga, though I have also heard the episode skips backstories.

As far as the philosophical element goes, there are other series that have a lot of dark themes but goblin slayer doesn't seem to be the same as them, those shows have political and worldview philosophy, as much as I've seen from goblin slayer it has more of a philosophy on experience, the adventurers underestimating their task and the goblin slayer, having raided dozens of goblin dens, knowing what the goblins are capable of. You could have a discussion about how much you'd have to do to be considered good at something, but it will only have you look at how much work someone else does, it doesn't change your view of the world, it's not that deep, I would give an example of ergo proxy that raises political, world view and identity philosophies throughout, so much that it gets lost in them, ergo kind of makes itself too deep.
That said, goblin slayer seems to me that it'd be something for edge lords to enjoy rather than some wealthy, wine - sipping Lord of the realm
Oct 11, 2018 5:42 AM

Sep 2013
nah, to me most shows that are gore as hell are entertaining for the violence they comeup with, just like people watching gladiators at coliseum, I do enjoy when a gore show can come up with a good plot twist or whatever, but most people just watch it for violence, therefore I don't feel that it is a must but a good thing to add, a good plot/deepness is always good in any story but not necessarly a must.
Oct 11, 2018 5:45 AM

Apr 2016
You’re right about that not being reason this show sucks

The reason the show sucks is because everything is slipping handled, from visual communication, to visual storytelling, to the visuals in general, to the action and rape sequences, to the generally ill-fitting music, all the way to the first scene, which shouldn’t even exist.
Oct 11, 2018 5:46 AM

Aug 2012
People will always talk trash about shows that gain traction, doesn't really matter what it is at this point.
Oct 11, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2016
blumenbalt said:
nah, to me most shows that are gore as hell are entertaining for the violence they comeup with, just like people watching gladiators at coliseum, I do enjoy when a gore show can come up with a good plot twist or whatever, but most people just watch it for violence, therefore I don't feel that it is a must but a good thing to add, a good plot/deepness is always good in any story but not necessarly a must.

i agree! finally someone gets what im saying
Oct 11, 2018 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
only one episode has aired and there is already so much drama surrounding it
this is actually ridiculous.
Oct 11, 2018 6:31 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Slow down chief. I'm sure it'll suck for multiple other reasons in 11 weeks.
Oct 11, 2018 6:34 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I think you care too much. Opinions based on a single episode aren't that relevant, try to ignore them.
Oct 11, 2018 6:36 AM

Nov 2017
People are just saying that it lacks depth they have nothing against you liking the actual show, on top of that if you do like edgy shit then there are much better alternatives like Angel Cop and Ninja Scroll, the show itself isn't thought provoking nor does it fulfill the nightmare fetish that some people like myself have any better than what has come before it, if you enjoy it then go ahead but it really isn't that great in terms of quality.
Oct 11, 2018 7:12 AM
Oct 2018
I think the whole controversy it's regarding the rape scene. Which can be really shocking for some people... but I also think that There is a double standard here.

I mean, we've seen animes involving murder, kidnaps, mutilation, assassination, nazies, mass deaths, incest. Every single of those themes...

But now everybody looses its mind over a rape scene (and don't get me wrong, violation it's a horrendous crime)

But why is everybody so disgusted about that rape but none of the above cause any kind of reaction for years.

Even a gay kiss is controversial for some people. That's why say it's hypocrisy.
BlackuPhillpOct 11, 2018 7:17 AM
Oct 11, 2018 8:11 AM

Feb 2015
I think rape can be count as a philosophical imagery of the ruthless world that humans live particularly in that world. Well, I don't personally think too deeply about series I watch so I don't really care.

As I have said, it isn't a rape if it's not visually shown
Oct 11, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
Chill mate, it's only like the first episode
Oct 11, 2018 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
People are just fucking idiots who like to reduce a show on whatever aspect makes the strongest first impression. They don't posess the mental capability for more holistic views. One attribute is all they can process at a time, hence the human tendency to prefer reductive views over holistic ones.
AlcoholicideOct 11, 2018 9:18 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 11, 2018 8:53 AM
Jun 2015
Its mainly because anti-goblin slayer activists are from leftist enclaves like San Francisco. They are pro goblin sympathizers that want to destroy our anime with their Communist philosophy. If they had control of anime the goblins would be executing worker co-opts at the adventurer guilds and start goblin studies courses at the academy. Goblin Slayer is the symbol of the anti-Communist archetype. He is a evil white male that oppresses the poor goblin refugees that have sexual emergencies with the human/elf women.

If you haven't watched the first episode, the loli priest instantly becomes red pilled into an anti-Communist by goblin slayers anti-individualist ideology. He doesn't care if there is one good goblin, he destroys them before they start their Communist revolution.
Oct 11, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2017
cool kids can't handle the edge. well, the more people drop it, the better. the cleaner the fanbase that are invested in the story behind the character will be

Pullman said:
People are just fucking idiots who like to reduce a show on whatever aspect makes the strongest first impression. They don't posess the mental capability for more holistic. One attribute is all they can process at a time, hence the human tendency to prefer reductive views over holistic ones.

wow, you're pretty upset :)
this gs drama ground some gears, huh
Oct 11, 2018 9:11 AM

Mar 2017
I enjoyed the 1st episode, that's all matter for me.

Althought the speed of the rating's going down really fast.

At this point, GS will only stand at 6 when the anime finished.
Oct 11, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2010
uninstallthegame said:
cool kids can't handle the edge. well, the more people drop it, the better. the cleaner the fanbase that are invested in the story behind the character will be

Pullman said:
People are just fucking idiots who like to reduce a show on whatever aspect makes the strongest first impression. They don't posess the mental capability for more holistic views. One attribute is all they can process at a time, hence the human tendency to prefer reductive views over holistic ones.

wow, you're pretty upset :)
this gs drama ground some gears, huh

I haven't even watched the show, I just know people in general and their dumb tendencies to simplify everything into a reductive mess. But yeah, the general stupidity of people does upset me. It makes communication painful with most of them.
AlcoholicideOct 11, 2018 9:19 AM
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

40 by deg »»
48 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 18 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 49 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.