Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2018 2:35 PM
Apr 2017
I'm watching like score is growing and thinking right now. Does it have a chance to top FMA? I would love that to become a reality. David Production, gambatte!)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 14, 2018 3:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
By the time it ends, probably not. Part 5 is considered to be one of the weaker parts of JoJo. Still hella good though.
Aug 14, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2017
I think if they put as much effort in to Steel Ball Run as they have into Vento Aureo then Part 7 will have a good chance at permanently staying at the top. Can't believe I'm already thinking about that now though, must be that I'm so hyped from the first ep of Vento Aureo lol
Aug 14, 2018 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
There will certainly be people who haven't even watched the first episode who will rate it low simply because they dislike Part 5, JoJo, or maybe even the studio. FMA is rated so highly because it's a lot of people's first anime and there is not much wrong with it. JoJo is an ambitious project to adapt especially when it is incredibly difficult to animate such a detailed and unique art style, as opposed to FMA's. I trust DP will step up their game this season and provide some Sakuga moments.
Aug 14, 2018 4:46 PM
Apr 2015
It maybe will get there but not for long, MAL is filled with people who will create new accounts just to boost their fav anime and lower anime they dislike, also in all honesty DiU is one of the best JoJo's and DavPro did a decent job on it and that anime is only at #63 rn.

Maybe if there ever will be an anime which can be made by Araki's clones it would then probably get #1, or if they decide to finally adapt SBR or JJL as these are generally the "best" JoJo entries.
Aug 14, 2018 4:52 PM

Apr 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Part 5 is considered to be one of the weaker parts of JoJo.

Woah, really? It's my second favorite part. I mean the stand designs are seriously godly in this part.

Aug 14, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Zipperman said:
It maybe will get there but not for long, MAL is filled with people who will create new accounts just to boost their fav anime and lower anime they dislike, also in all honesty DiU is one of the best JoJo's and DavPro did a decent job on it and that anime is only at #63 rn.

Maybe if there ever will be an anime which can be made by Araki's clones it would then probably get #1, or if they decide to finally adapt SBR or JJL as these are generally the "best" JoJo entries.

If I had to guess DiU isn't so great score wise because it was "competing" with Re:Zero that season. You can probably attribute a lot of those 1/10's to seasonal anime watchers who despise niche anime like JoJo. I always thought MAL should have a weighting system based on number of reviews and their actually activity on the site, not just because you lied and said you watched a certain number of episodes.
Aug 14, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
By the time it ends, probably not. Part 5 is considered to be one of the weaker parts of JoJo. Still hella good though.

it is contrversial and considered for one part of the fandom as the best/ a pasterpiece and by others as the worst.
it may get a way higher score than the manga though(and I mean when it's finished airing cause only super big fans rated it yet) because the anime fandom may be willing to rate higher/ may have different tastes than the ones reading the manga
+the ones who disliked this part are less likely to watch this part, thus rate low.

it may do the same thing than with hxh2011 and get a way higher score than the already super high manga score, but I doubt that.

if I had to bet I would say it's gonna be higher than the manga, but it won't probably be higher than 8.5- 8.6 at MOST.

ill see in 8 months if that was true.
Aug 14, 2018 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
SixPistols said:
Zipperman said:

If I had to guess DiU isn't so great score wise because it was "competing" with Re:Zero that season. You can probably attribute a lot of those 1/10's to seasonal anime watchers who despise niche anime like JoJo. I always thought MAL should have a weighting system based on number of reviews and their actually activity on the site, not just because you lied and said you watched a certain number of episodes.

Really, competing? The scoring doesn't work like that
Aug 14, 2018 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Zipperman said:
MAL is filled with people who will create new accounts just to boost their fav anime and lower anime they dislike,

Wow, thats really pathetic if im gonna be honest. imagine wasting that much time on an anime tracking site where the scores dont matter at all. like look at the top 10 and its not exactly a super agreeable list, not something thats gonna be the pride of your fandom if you get into it.
Aug 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
scrg said:
SixPistols said:

No matter the website you're going to have people vote stuffing and trying to change the top rated. It especially hurts the less popular show's score because they're pushed so high on the list despite having a small sample actually rating it. Then you have people creating alt accounts not active on the site yet heavily affecting less popular show's scores. That's why I wished MAL would have a weighting system for its users as well because as it stands the top rated page is very esoteric.
Aug 14, 2018 7:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Aymen_Maf said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Part 5 is considered to be one of the weaker parts of JoJo.

Woah, really? It's my second favorite part. I mean the stand designs are seriously godly in this part.
Well, it's considered weaker by a lot of its western audience. In Japan however, it's the second most popular part after Stardust Crusaders iirc.

Zehennagel said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

it is contrversial and considered for one part of the fandom as the best/ a pasterpiece and by others as the worst.
it may get a way higher score than the manga though(and I mean when it's finished airing cause only super big fans rated it yet) because the anime fandom may be willing to rate higher/ may have different tastes than the ones reading the manga
+the ones who disliked this part are less likely to watch this part, thus rate low.

it may do the same thing than with hxh2011 and get a way higher score than the already super high manga score, but I doubt that.

if I had to bet I would say it's gonna be higher than the manga, but it won't probably be higher than 8.5- 8.6 at MOST.

ill see in 8 months if that was true.
I'm certain that the anime will get a higher rating than the manga. A lot of people who have read Part 5 have read the poorly-translated version, including myself. Although rereading it with better translations didn't change my opinion on the series much, it might affect other readers.
Aug 14, 2018 8:19 PM

Jun 2014
SixPistols said:
scrg said:

No matter the website you're going to have people vote stuffing and trying to change the top rated. It especially hurts the less popular show's score because they're pushed so high on the list despite having a small sample actually rating it. Then you have people creating alt accounts not active on the site yet heavily affecting less popular show's scores. That's why I wished MAL would have a weighting system for its users as well because as it stands the top rated page is very esoteric.

Ok, but what does any of that have to do with two shows competing in regards to their rating? I mean what are they even competing for? I think two shows whose metrics are independent of each other don't really affect each other score-wise unless youre trying to say that people will compare the two ratings and attempt to bump/skew the scores in their favor through unfair means. But even that seems unlikely between two seasonals
--l--Aug 14, 2018 8:30 PM
Aug 14, 2018 8:33 PM

Jan 2017
Well an anime that hasn't even started to completely air yet has reached the top 10. So I have a feeling when it fully starts it can reach even higher.
Aug 14, 2018 8:42 PM

Nov 2016
If we Pingu This Shit it might Hit the Top 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2018 8:44 PM

Jun 2017
Ethan_Mouta said:
Well an anime that hasn't even started to completely air yet has reached the top 10. So I have a feeling when it fully starts it can reach even higher.

I think the opposite will happen tbh, since that seems to be the pattern that occurs most times.
Aug 14, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
scrg said:
SixPistols said:

Ok, but what does any of that have to do with two shows competing in regards to their rating? I mean what are they even competing for? I think two shows whose metrics are independent of each other don't really affect each other score-wise unless youre trying to say that people will compare the two ratings and attempt to bump/skew the scores in their favor through unfair means. But even that seems unlikely between two seasonals

OK, I was mistaken to single out Re:Zero alone. DiU and Re:Zero were the top rated shows airing that season on MAL. I'm not so sure that everybody who gave either show a 10 or a 1 actually cared enough to update their episodes watched to affect the rating after it aired, but you never know.
SixPistolsAug 14, 2018 9:14 PM
Aug 15, 2018 12:54 AM

Feb 2018
Steins Gate 0 also had a crazy high score in the begining but now it just keeps dropping and dropping and the same thing ll most likely happen here.
Aug 15, 2018 12:55 AM

Feb 2018
Ethan_Mouta said:

It's usually the opposite popular shows with a passionate fanbase get a lot of 10/10 ratings from fanboys right after the show begins but over time it balances out.
Aug 15, 2018 1:38 AM
Jan 2018
Why the hell is everybody so serious and logical, you're ruining the mood, lets get this anime to top 1 before it is even out!
Aug 15, 2018 2:54 AM

Feb 2018
Ethan_Mouta said:
FalseSkin said:
Ethan_Mouta said:

I think the opposite will happen tbh, since that seems to be the pattern that occurs most times.

yeah! darling in the franx started at like 8.50 ish now its at 7.75 ish idk...........same scenario will play out i think to...same with steins gate zero..started low 9 and now its at high 8s
i personally think its retarded something that isnt aired yet can have a really high score
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2018 3:31 AM

Nov 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Only because of the shitty translation that was the only one available up until recently. Part 5 is also the most popular in Japan, or so I've heard.

De_Baer said:
No it won't. It is currently heavily boosted by fanboys who create a lot of fake accounts. Here is just a small selection

>people actually do this
lmao pathetic

Qio420 said:

i personally think its retarded something that isnt aired yet can have a really high score

The first episode is already out and subbed though.
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 15, 2018 3:35 AM
Apr 2018
I doubt it. Look at the statistics: a lot of 10, quite a few 9, 8 and the at the bottom you can see a bunch of 1, who more likely are users already trying to pull this down. There are probably fans trying to put Jojo at the top too.
Aug 15, 2018 3:38 AM
Apr 2018
De_Baer said:
No it won't. It is currently heavily boosted by fanboys who create a lot of fake accounts. Here is just a small selection

Oh God, it definitely won't make it to 1 then
Aug 15, 2018 4:13 AM

Jul 2017
Ethan_Mouta said:

nha. lots of animes get very high at the begining for some days then it gets down. you can see the "final score" about 2-3 months after it's finished airing.

that is, most of the time because with SAO(for example), it had about a 8. score after 2-3 months but when people like digibro or mother's basement started shitting on it all over the place people started realizing it was "bad" and rated it lower.
Aug 15, 2018 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
there is no way but you can always hope for the impossible b
Aug 15, 2018 4:48 AM

Nov 2015
No because no matter how good it is the FMAB fanboys will get salty and score it 1 on multiple accounts for fear that their precious favourite won’t stay on it’s ‘rightful throne’
Aug 15, 2018 8:41 AM
we back

Aug 2015
As much as I love JoJo, I don't think the score will be this high when it officially begins airing. In most cases with anime that are previewed at an event, when they begin airing to the public the scores always go down because there is more people actually scoring it.

I haven't seen episode 1 myself, but considering part 5 is one of my least favorite parts, I can't see it staying at rank 3, unfortunately.
CHAMPIONOFDEATHAug 15, 2018 8:44 AM
Aug 15, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2015
On the offset, or the get-go, it'll probably reach high to a certain point. Doubtful it'll overtake FMAB as it has a solid foundation as it is, nothing can really topple it from it's current sit. Likely no anime will ever sit on it since not only it's popular, it's just well-received all around.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I think highly of Part 5, from Stand designs to characterization (except for some certain cheese boy and barrister wigged main protagonist), and with a cohesive pacing of the plot, it's what Part 3 wished to have become.

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Aug 15, 2018 9:56 AM

Sep 2017
A lot of haters will give it a 1 without watching so nah
ppl don't think their opinions be wrong, but it do.
Aug 15, 2018 10:49 AM
Mar 2016
I don't think so, the score is slowly decreasing cuz alot of people are giving it 1
Aug 15, 2018 11:48 AM

Sep 2017

wow these people sure have a lot of time on their hand
ppl don't think their opinions be wrong, but it do.
Aug 15, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2009
GoldenDevilGamer said:

That's not true, the reason why it was disliked was due to the subpar scans.
Aug 15, 2018 3:35 PM
Jan 2018
With its massive fanbase accompanied with great storytelling and a good starting anime, i highly doubt that
Aug 15, 2018 4:02 PM
Aug 2016
And if it does, what will you achieve? Nothing, literally.
Aug 15, 2018 4:07 PM
Aug 15, 2018 4:29 PM
Apr 2015
KSHProd said:
Zipperman said:

I seriously wish that MAL had some verifier or something that would atleast make it more difficult to create alt accounts for no reason but to increase/decrease shows of Anime they like/dislike. It would at the very least probably wipe out a lot of people who won't want to put in the effort to create a new account just to lower the score, which is better than nothing.

This and having a way to prevent this from happening, airing shows will go up a lot once they finish but when there's only a shitty filmed ep 1 it really shouldn't even be in the top yet.

I believe the same thing happened with Violet and that one pedo skull dude anime.

Kind of pathetic and misleading as well, you could waste people's time trying to look for the episodes.
Aug 15, 2018 5:33 PM
Feb 2017

Funny fact: I know this guy. IRL. And now I know for sure that one of my Jojofag friends should seek help.
Aug 15, 2018 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
Even if this doesn't remain in the top 5 spot after it is completed and the ratings get a solid figure, I hope part 7 will somehow make it to the first place when it's released! I mena, it already is at the number 2 spot in Top Manga rankings.
Aug 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Aug 2018
bruh keep trying and you will okay
Aug 15, 2018 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
I just want it to beat Kimi no Na wa.
Aug 15, 2018 11:03 PM

Jan 2018
I have hope for it.Last night i checked the score and it was like 9.19 so if the Jojo fanboy are really determined,they can create many accounts and get it to top 1
Aug 15, 2018 11:07 PM

Dec 2016
Please take down this anime to 8 :/
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Aug 16, 2018 12:23 AM

Nov 2013
Sephyros said:
Please take down this anime to 8 :/

Why tho? Also, you haven't even seen any JoJo.
You all need to watch Nami.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.