Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2018 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
What the fuck is happening? where the hell did he jump into that made him arrive to where a living breathing Kurisu with a body come from?
I am made of questions but I do not want to get spoiled so I better leave it at here, I really don't want to ruin my experience with this.
Anyways... Yuki? what the fuck? was that you!? I think its just a mislead but still... what the fuck?
May 23, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Steins Gate is just so good at the suspense that I just want more and more and more.

The tension from the raid of the lab was what I remembered from the VN, although without the excessive amount of internal monologue from Okabe, the scene did go pretty quick, but seeing Braun easily whooping the gunmen and Suzuha also leaping into action, everyone was saved.

And of course, Okabe directly asking for Braun's help was pretty scary, just by seeing Braun's expression go from father-like at Nae to ice-cold killer at Okabe does send a few shivers down my spine.

But the scene I was looking forward to came after the credits, as Okabe answered the call from Amadeus, then the reading steiner activated, sending him to a different timeline where he encounters Kurisu. If the next scene goes the way I'm thinking it is, then the next episode will also be great. =)

The animation and art quality is also getting better, too, most noticeably in the second half of the episode, but I'm just grateful that it hasn't been plagued by production problems to the extent that Tokyo Ghoul Re, Golden Kamuy and Persona 5 had, also those shows are getting better on the visual quality at least.
May 23, 2018 12:35 PM

Jun 2016
I'm sort of confused about what's going on and the cliffhangers are getting REALLY annoying...but I ain't playing the VN, nononono

May 23, 2018 12:49 PM
Jun 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
Whatever you do, do not and I repeat, do not! Skip the ed for once.

thanks for the advice mate, Amades would still exist right? its from a brain scan of kurisu from before she left america so amadeus can still be remade/exists right?
May 23, 2018 12:50 PM

Aug 2015
Reading Steiner activated? Kurisu is back? Holy shit, what is happening?
May 23, 2018 12:53 PM
Jun 2017
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
Is kurisu alive? And why everyone guessing amane yuki is the culprit?
You should watch the episode for yourself
Anyways I am super excited for what's going to happen next week, the interaction between Okabe and Kurisu is what I have been waiting for. Can't control myself at the moment....
May 23, 2018 1:05 PM
Aug 2013
WTH is happening , godddd !!!
That after credit tho. I can't believe it.

Is that possible to make "that" happen??
Really can't wait for next episode
May 23, 2018 1:11 PM

Feb 2017
Oh fuck, holy shit! That ending! I am not ready for the feels I feel we will get next episode.
May 23, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2012
Straight AD it is, but still expect TA stuff, the question is more when and how.
ArgentiumTea said:
Steins Gate greatness as always.

I've only played to one ending (V&A) but I hope the next episode is about
I really liked that part in the VN.

You arent doing yourself any favor to read V&A first. But welp, too many make that mistake.
And no, PB will be in the second half of this season, but that was clear even before the anime started.
May 23, 2018 1:21 PM

Apr 2018
Holy Jebus, WOT IS GOING ON? *the mysteries intensify* I feel like its about to get really interesting. I have no idea what is going on, didn't read the LN but it seems promising.

Also lol'd at Daru being a masochist pervert over the phone with with Suzuha.
May 23, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2017
Well Okabe is back in the Alpha worldline where Kurisu lives. I hope you guys remember what happened to Mayuri in the Alpha worldline.
Sent from my Jitterbug using the Tapatalk app
May 23, 2018 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
Shit just got real.
May 23, 2018 1:46 PM
Feb 2017
Looks like all the suspense is starting to happen.

May 23, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2017
Mouloxas said:
Damn, that Mister Braun badassery deserved better, it looked kinda bad. Other than that, another good episode.

I really hope they"ll include Sergeant Clean scene somewhere...

Exactly. In Okabe's eyes, Braun is still FB.

He is sweating just by seeing Moeka but keeps calm when he confronts Braun with secret info? Urgh that could have been so much better :D
(the fight scene aswell, this just looked like cs global vs silvers)
I am ignorant - brace yourself!!!!
May 23, 2018 1:55 PM

Sep 2017
Holy hell this episode was unreal. I got chills multiple times. So many epic moments.

And the set it up so that Yuki looks to be the woman in all black with her injured arm. That would be insane. Dunno how the hell you would end up Daru's wife after that.

Something I think I have noticed is that every time the world line has changed it was after talking to amadeus. It could somehow be related but I could easily be mis-remembering. Anyway that after credits was cool as hell.
May 23, 2018 2:01 PM

Mar 2016
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? That post-ED scene... She's alive? And what line are they now? Because it's the second time they chage now (I think)...
And, c'mon, is Suzuha's mother really the bad girl now?
May 23, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2017
Holy sheet that end credit scene, I don't know how long I can resist the VN for these waits are killing me.

Stellar episode from start to finish.
May 23, 2018 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
The show has taken a 180 degrees, in the style of the original and I love it. I thought I was good at fan theories but thinking with paralel timelines and the time travel on top of it just hurts my brain. I have no idea wtf is going on. The clear part is
All of it just doesn't make any sence together. The reasons and the pieces of the puzzle don't fit. Imma let characters figure out all the sh%t here and be a spectator for once. I am lost and confused. sasuga Steins;Gate. If you have anything that I haven't noticed, let me know (unless you played the vn and know for sure what's ahead)
BondieMay 23, 2018 2:23 PM
May 23, 2018 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
TheEnglishWeeb said:
Holy sheet that end credit scene, I don't know how long I can resist the VN for these waits are killing me.

Why don't you go ahead and read it then? It's not like anyone who's read it regrets it.
May 23, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2017
FlamepriesT said:
TheEnglishWeeb said:

Why don't you go ahead and read it then? It's not like anyone who's read it regrets it.

I'm a poor weeb who can't afford nice things.
May 23, 2018 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
The final scene.. OMG
May 23, 2018 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
TheEnglishWeeb said:
FlamepriesT said:

I'm a poor weeb who can't afford nice things.

It's all over youtube if you wanna watch the scene.
May 23, 2018 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
BorisTheBlade said:
Well Okabe is back in the Alpha worldline where Kurisu lives. I hope you guys remember what happened to Mayuri in the Alpha worldline.

I guess it wouldn't be Steins;Gate without her dying. I want to cry now :(
May 23, 2018 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
RHYZED said:
He is sweating just by seeing Moeka but keeps calm when he confronts Braun with secret info? Urgh that could have been so much better :D
In the visual novel, Okabe has some internal monologue where he mentions he was actually ready to run the fuck out of the CRT store at any moment because it was pretty terrifying, but he managed to stay calm because he was the one controlling the situation since he's essentially blackmailing Braun. It was slightly hinted at in this episode but maybe it wasn't all that clear. Also, he took anxiety meds before talking to Braun, whereas with Moeka she came up without warning, so he couldn't get his meds.
burnout6010May 23, 2018 3:20 PM
May 23, 2018 2:41 PM
Nov 2013
THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE!! I’m fucking SHOOK.
May 23, 2018 2:49 PM

Feb 2011
Today's episode was INSANE. Those 20 minutes flew by before I knew it.. using SERN's rounders to his advantage was really clever of Okabe, but we'll see what developments will be brought by the post credits scene.
May 23, 2018 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, really felt the tension building up throughout and that ending was something I did not see coming.

A bit underwhelmed by the directing, though, as every time we move from a scene to another there is a very jarring cut. The original Steins Gate was excellent at those transitions, so it's a bit of a shame...

Anyways, can't wait for next episode as I'm expecting it's going to be an emotional ride.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 23, 2018 3:38 PM
Jun 2016
OH MY GOODNESS!! THE POST-CREDITS SCENE!! I HAD GOOSEBUMPS!! :O

Steins;Gate 0 is definitely a 10/10 right now. That was incredibly shocking!! I NEED to see the next episode now!
May 23, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2017
Holy shit, what an ending!
I'm sold on this one, guys.
May 23, 2018 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
This anime should be renamed to Cliff;Hanger.

Didn't expect that post credits scene! Christina is alive again! (Does this mean that Mayuri is dead?)
Mr. Braun didn't organize the attack... But now he is going to help.
Also, Yuki seems suspicius...
Either one of the professors are behind this.
PentagonionMay 23, 2018 3:48 PM
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
May 23, 2018 3:44 PM

Apr 2018
I lost my shit , every single episodes have a cliffhanger at the end , that what a good anime is about , jesus christ i lost my shit once again

Also she either seem to not know Okarin , or she's confused because he looks terrified , either way , next episode is dope
Reading steiner is dope !

May 23, 2018 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
FB fought them like they were from grade school, did the anime finally begin ?

Woow didn't expect that to happen, I literally took the death of best girl as a fact.

Wanted to scream at the end, They better have an episode that lives up to this cliffhanger, because it's trying to hang me.
May 23, 2018 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
Wait why the world line change from a single phone call? A change that is so big that it become Aplha worldline. Alpha worldline exist because of Okabe's first accidental D-Mail and the whole world basically revolves around him and IBN 5100.

One of the things I really like Steins;Gate is because you can explain literally everything from the science behind Time (Leaping) Machine to how and why every D-Mail effect the location of IBN 5100. But now I don't know why the world line change.
May 23, 2018 4:29 PM

Oct 2015
The PreVIEW!! wow cant wait for the next episode
May 23, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2016
these cliffhangers are going to be the end of me!! wednesday can't come quick enough these days!
the story telling in this anime is fantastic, keeping me on the the edge of my seat!
what is happening?????
May 23, 2018 4:50 PM

Oct 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
Whatever you do, do not and I repeat, do not! Skip the ed for once.

I loved this episode a lot.

How come Yuuki injured her arm exactly where Suzuha hit her and so coincidentally, didn't show up at the raid? Adds suspicions?

Okabe finally stood up against Mr. Braun, he couldn't in Steins;Gate but he finally can.

5/5

Best episode in the series.
Production value wise, getting better but still meh.

Holy crap I did not even realise that Yuki could be the rounder
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
May 23, 2018 5:14 PM
Nov 2013
Ok I'm just logging to make this post:
Guys for those who don't understand why the wordline changed, just wait, you are going to get an explanation, don't worry

Semi-spoiler of how wordline changes work now
BlueBlazingGMay 23, 2018 5:22 PM
May 23, 2018 5:16 PM
Aug 2017
i miss Reading Steiner so much, hoping for another time travel in next Episodes. As always a great episode, this doesnt fails my expectation.
May 23, 2018 5:31 PM

Dec 2017
Suzuha back to being a Part-Time Warrior again.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 23, 2018 6:07 PM
Nov 2016
Don't know how to feel about this, the raid was extremely anti-climatic for me, the raid of episode 12 from Steins;Gate was a lot better than this and I could feel the despair watching it. In this raid I didn't feel that despair so don't know what happened, probably the directing wasn't "there" for me.

It was an ok episode, the best part was the ending of course, now I want to know what the hell happened.
May 23, 2018 6:08 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

I did think that the whole raid scene could've been done better with a little more suspense but it was still good. Mr Braun to save the day. xD

Really liked the party where Okabe negotiated with Braun and it looks like Suzuha is working for him again.

That post credit scene!! Holy shit! I had a feeling it was gonna be Kurisu and I was right. Did we switch World Lines?
Also, who the hell is triggering the Reading Steiner? I'd like to thing it has to do something with Amadeus calling Okabe. Is there a D-Mail or something being triggered because of the call?
May 23, 2018 6:09 PM
Jun 2016
My gosh, 1.325479, a new worldline is originally made by White Fox, different from any worldline in VN
May 23, 2018 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
I never expected these turn of events to happen during the end. The world line changing and Makise appearing out of nowhere really caught me off guard.

May 23, 2018 6:27 PM

Dec 2015
Mr braun action narration is way better at the vn , event though its just words i can feel the thrill , this just meh , in the vn they took nae hostage and braun dash in speed of light to save her , bodycharge!!!!
Kind of disappointed
And btw the helmet woman this time
?
And iirc okabe didnt tell mr braun about the time machine in the vn
And will they show

Sadness next week for sure
May 23, 2018 6:34 PM

Nov 2015
My heart can't take this any longer! I'm still shaking!

Plot twist after another!!!
UGH!!!!

Excellent episode. It's always worth it watching the whole ED. ALWAYS.

Something important happened, something made the timeline change... WHAT was it?
I'm sorry but the last few minutes still ring on my head... it was so unexpected...

What happened to Amadeus? How could it call Okabe? Why ask for help? How did THAT change world lines??? WHY IS SHE ALIVE!?
ARGH!!! I know we will get answers because Steins;Gate always has answers for any questions and are always within the in-universe logic but I can't wait another week for it!!!
HumbertoZeroMay 23, 2018 6:43 PM
May 23, 2018 6:38 PM
Nov 2017
Kurisu...

These events hit like a truck in the visual novel and expect they won't disappoint here in the anime either. What I wouldn't give to be completely ignorant of the events that are to come and enjoy this story as it unfolds all over again; which isn't to say that I won't enjoy it.

It was great to see boss man Braun tossing those assailants around like ragdolls in all of it's animated glory. and the famous Suzu-kick... Interesting to see the various hints being dropped regarding that already.

I speak a lot as some VN veteran but honestly this anime still managed to pull genuine shock and awe out of me on a regular basis. The contents of this story and these characters are just that compelling I suppose. This was never going to be an easy adaptation but again they seem to be doing justice with this one.

KURISU! <3...

</3...
May 23, 2018 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
Another week, another cliffhanger
At least we have best girl back <3

The raid was solved rather easily, where's the blood, the screams, the trauma?
From this forum I'll take it will start soon enough and I don't know if I'm ready.
Baby, daijobanai...
May 23, 2018 7:21 PM
Apr 2015
Okay now I'm regretting watching the VN playthrough in Youtube.

The Braun fight scene could've done better but i guess with the lower budget this is all we get. *shrug* though the other scenes such as Luka and Suzuha's, Okabe and Daru's, Okabe confronting FB, and the last scene at the lab before the credits were good.

The post credits though... We're back in a worldline where Kurisu is alive ;-; I really have high hopes since the next episode might potentially be my favorite one of the series, given that it was my favorite too in the VN. White Fox, this is a scene where best girl is alive, please don't screw it up... *cries*

cry me a river
comingsmileMay 23, 2018 8:47 PM
May 23, 2018 7:22 PM

Jan 2012
horitsubastudent said:
Another week, another cliffhanger
At least we have best girl back <3

The raid was solved rather easily, where's the blood, the screams, the trauma?
From this forum I'll take it will start soon enough and I don't know if I'm ready.

Lets just say episode 4-7 adapted the weakest chapters of 0.
Its a steady ride now with heavy hits especially around mid season finale. So it kinda started now with this cliffhanger.
May 23, 2018 7:41 PM
Mar 2015
Kurisu is back! Read Steiner and the world changed. Who needs Amadeus when you have the real thing
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

105 by Neon7o7 »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

219 by oubmathys »»
May 14, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

464 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.