Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2016
uuuurgh, such a weak last episode :/ Disappointed...still I'm going to give it 8/10 overall since I enjoyed the series (pity though that the last episode was the worst in my eyes)
Apr 30, 2017 3:02 PM

Dec 2014
8/10 Fujinuma sachiko best Girl/Mom

Since Kayo got NT...ehermm...is Taken, the second best girl spot goes to Airi at least MC can be happy with her. 3rd best girl? i dunno, sensei i guess lol after all he waited 15 years for MC, something that a certain someone can't do.

First few episode are freaking good then it got predictable and then.....
lets just say some charm/Aspect of the story got Wasted/Cucked followed by a fairly decent happy ending (didn't read the manga)

all in all i enjoy the Anime.
May 25, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Erased was a pretty solid experience through Kayo's arc, despite the culprit being as clear as day since the first couple episodes, the anime is bolstered by Satoru and Kayo's strong chemistry and heartwarming dynamics throughout most of the show and handles the theme of abuse pretty well, getting the viewer to become emotionally attached to those characters and cheer for a happy ending for poor Kayo. The series is at it's best when it focus on those two and the group.

The second half and ending were very noticeably rushed and honestly do not live up to the rest of the series. Building up the relationship between the two children to have Kayo randomly marry off to one of Satoru's friends wasn't a good idea at all to be honest. Not that she should've waited for Satoru or something silly alike, but that decision simply puts all the small and big moments they've had together to waste, meta-wise.

Since he apparently has a thing for highschool students with grown men going on in his stories, the author should've had the MC spending more time with Airi if that's what he was going for since the start.

A huge shame that it had to be rushed since I wanted to give this a 9/10 so bad, but I guess an 8/10 will have to do.

PriestSlayerMay 25, 2017 10:20 AM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jun 13, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
Lol at the homoerotic tension between Satoru and Yashiro at the end there, Light/L level shit right there. Then there's the fact he waited for him for 15 years while Kayo didn't, it's poetic.

Though I can see why Kayo dipped. I read on MAL Satoru's mother even encouraged her to let go because she didn't want her to waste her life on someone who may not even wake up. If true it would have been nice to have in the anime, but the main thing that seems to be cut is how Satoru survived and of course Yashiro's past, I had to read up on those via outside sources which generally isn't a good sign, but I guess the anime was strapped for time. At least I can piece things together now. To me the source of the power doesn't really matter. Some things matter and some don't, it all depends on context. Even if they gave an answer to where Revival came from it's not what the story is about and would ultimately add nothing. So yeah, the omissions of info from the manga was the main problem for me, but overall a solid watch.
Jun 13, 2017 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
Predictable and slow, but the show's ending still satisfied me and I felt that the lack of fast-pace added to the 'reality' of the murder mystery.

Nicely done anime. MC is such an angel.

8/10
Jul 4, 2017 6:26 AM
Jun 2014
I would not classify Kayo getting a baby here as classic NTR. But what i believe makes people annoyed and makes it feel like at least borderline NTR is that she got on with one of his friends and not some unknown guy. But honestly i can't get annoyed by that innocent Hiromi guy.
Jul 15, 2017 2:21 AM

Feb 2016
Felt kinda bad for Satoru. Kayo totally played him even though he risked a lot to save her. Not to mention Hiromi, who was supposed to be one of his best friends, backstabbing him.
OP by AKFG was amazing. Well they are always amazing anyways.
Yashiro Gaku had the exact same eyes as Ougai Mori from Bungou Stray Dogs and they look the same too. Both of them are voiced by Miyamoto Mitsuru so that's really some coincidence.
Jul 15, 2017 10:41 PM
Jan 2017
Euhin said:
Felt kinda bad for Satoru. Kayo totally played him even though he risked a lot to save her. Not to mention Hiromi, who was supposed to be one of his best friends, backstabbing him.
OP by AKFG was amazing. Well they are always amazing anyways.
Yashiro Gaku had the exact same eyes as Ougai Mori from Bungou Stray Dogs and they look the same too. Both of them are voiced by Miyamoto Mitsuru so that's really some coincidence.

1. That's what Satoru wanted for her
(Kayo is happy = Kayo is married = Happy family)
Satoru did not want Kayo to be with himself.

2. It clearly explains why Kayo did not wait for Satoru
Animation, of course, erased it entirely.
The original comics are the best.

I recommend this video
https://youtu.be/0QEHbHZE2k8
Jul 16, 2017 1:38 AM

Feb 2016
aksmfakt132 said:
1. That's what Satoru wanted for her
(Kayo is happy = Kayo is married = Happy family)
Satoru did not want Kayo to be with himself.

It was clearly shown during the past, that Satoru started to have feelings for Kayo. When the money stealing allegation was brought against Kayo, Satoru defended her probably because he was already in love with her. Many more instances were shown too. As he was the one who saved her, he deserved to have a happy life with Kayo and not that androgynous Hiromi.
As someone commented earlier, Satoru is really an angel who cared for the good of others although he was in deep pain himself.
Honestly this show was a 10/10 for me but the last two episodes made me rate it 6/10.
Jul 16, 2017 2:11 AM
Jan 2017
Euhin said:

It was clearly shown during the past, that Satoru started to have feelings for Kayo. When the money stealing allegation was brought against Kayo, Satoru defended her probably because he was already in love with her. Many more instances were shown too. As he was the one who saved her, he deserved to have a happy life with Kayo and not that androgynous Hiromi.
As someone commented earlier, Satoru is really an angel who cared for the good of others although he was in deep pain himself.
Honestly this show was a 10/10 for me but the last two episodes made me rate it 6/10.

Not like that. It is clear that he did not love her.
(It also has responsibility for animation.)
You can know by reading the original cartoon.
Kenya and Sachiko also say that the reason he wants to save Kayo is not "romance".

First of all, Satoru is very pleased to see Kayo married.
He cry with happinnes.
if Satoru liked Kayo
Why he pleased that Kayo married another man?
Your thoughts are wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/NeYqKoY.png

He invested his life only for Kayo's happiness.(not for his romance)
That is hero.
aksmfakt132Jul 16, 2017 2:28 AM
Jul 19, 2017 2:34 AM
Aug 2010
Honestly, I'd have to agree with a lot of the reviews for this series being more or less mediocre. The first few episodes were great and got me excited for how the story and characters would develop but I was ultimately let down. Maybe it was because I had high expectations for it but the latter half of the series did not impress me much. I did like the premise, animation, music, and a few other things here and there and there were definitely some things I liked about the story and characters but it was not enough for me. I guess knowing how predictable most of the story was didn't help (i.e. the obviousness of the killer for one).

The characters, story development, and anti-climatic ending did not have a lasting impression or connection with me and felt disjointed honestly. I felt like there were some things that were rushed or not executed well; like there were some changes they could have done to improve the overall flow and suspense. Does anyone know if the manga expands on anything a bit more or makes the overall story and/or characters feel more complete? Not that the series was bad overall but I think the letdown from an otherwise potentially great premise was what disappointed me the most.
FuzakiJul 19, 2017 2:43 AM
Jul 19, 2017 4:55 AM
Jan 2017
Yes, I think the original is better
If I give 10 points to the original cartoon, I will give 6 ~ 7 points to the animation
Jul 19, 2017 5:00 AM
Jan 2017
Fuzaki said:
ㄹㄹ

Yes, I think the original is better
If I give 10 points to the original cartoon, I will give 6 ~ 7 points to the animation
Jul 23, 2017 7:57 AM
Jul 2016
The ending though. Mc's mom and the killer waited 15 years but the girl fucked the girly boy instead. Kinda messed up how she lacked emotions and shit. Still didn't make sense how both of them got so much screen time together and poof! I'm fucking one of your best friend now.
Just another great story but rushed anime.
Jul 23, 2017 8:07 AM
Jan 2017
Fruituser said:
The ending though. Mc's mom and the killer waited 15 years but the girl fucked the girly boy instead. Kinda messed up how she lacked emotions and shit. Still didn't make sense how both of them got so much screen time together and poof! I'm fucking one of your best friend now.
Just another great story but rushed anime.

Yes
You can not understand it by looking at animation.
You should see the original manga.
There is a reason why she could not wait for him to tell you.
Others prevented her
And most importantly, Satoru did not want it.
If you do not want to read manga, watch the next video
Aug 2, 2017 3:01 AM
Sep 2013
Jimmy2233 said:
First half was on point, very well paced with Hinas arc, alot of feels going on.

Second half felt rushed, but still enjoyed it, kinda lost me on the last 2 episodes, especially the last.

Over all I'm satisfied with everything BUT come on, Hina and Satoru were so fucking cute as kids, I'm surprised she didn't wait for him and I'm also surprised it was one of their close friends who chopped his grass.

How could 2 people even start a relationship with those circumstances... Dissapointed, Airi was good, but no depth.

The thing though is that she did wait for him, painfully so, which is what makes it even more sad that they didn't end up together. And yes, Satoru and Airi has little to no development together, even in manga. I can at least understand why he wants her since she is young and cute but why would she want him? Who knows.
Aug 2, 2017 3:53 AM
Jan 2017

What are you talking about?
Do you think Satoru is trying to meet Airi because she is young and cute?
You are mistaking this manga for a romance story.

The reunion of Satoru and Airi was not the result of such emotions.
Please think more about its meaning and their role.

And did not you read gaiden?
aksmfakt132Aug 2, 2017 4:01 AM
Aug 12, 2017 8:29 PM

Jun 2017
To be honest I honestly think they should have continue the part where he got arrested and Airi was there
Aug 12, 2017 9:33 PM
Jan 2017
HlCKEYS said:
To be honest I honestly think they should have continue the part where he got arrested and Airi was there

In the original manga, there is more about it.
According to Satoru's speculation, the history has disappeared.
Aug 26, 2017 11:19 PM
Aug 2017
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

Butterfly Effect
The blue butterfly indicates that
Aug 26, 2017 11:20 PM
Aug 2017
bobzanny said:
Lol Kayo had more time in these flashbacks than Airi did the entire series. Glad that A-1 knew who was the better character.

What an ending, I knew that they weren't going to go with the actual manga ending. Disappointing ending imo with some good moments here and there.

I'd say episodes 2-9 are fucking amazing 10/10, while eps 1, 10-12 are anywhere from 6-7/10. Too rushed and Yashiro wasn't even the same character that I knew from the manga.

Solid series just for the Kayo arc everything else is alright.

I think Kayo x Satoru should have happened
Aug 26, 2017 11:39 PM
Jan 2017

What do you think
Why do you think it is not Kayo x Satoru?
What do you think the writer's intentions are?

I am curious about your opinion.
Aug 27, 2017 3:39 AM
Aug 2017
aksmfakt132 said:

What do you think

Because she married Hiromi
Aug 27, 2017 4:17 AM
Jan 2017
PhobosXCVII said:
aksmfakt132 said:

What do you think

What I mean is [what do you think the artist destroyed 'Kayo x Satoru' for what].

It is true that animation did not express it properly.
But in the original manga, it has a big meaning. It is very touching and important.
What do you think it means?
Aug 27, 2017 12:34 PM
Aug 2017
aksmfakt132 said:
PhobosXCVII said:

What I mean is [what do you think the artist destroyed 'Kayo x Satoru' for what].

But in the original manga, it has a big meaning. It is very touching and important.

He loved Airi, and SatoruxKayo was never going to happen?
I guess because the name is the town without me, the artist is trying to show that everybody lived on without him
Aug 27, 2017 1:36 PM
Jan 2017
PhobosXCVII said:
aksmfakt132 said:

I guess because the name is the town without me, the artist is trying to show that everybody lived on without him
It is not at all.
Airi has nothing to do with events between Kayo and Satoru. Even until the end
I will provide the appropriate video rather than explain in detail.
It will help you understand.
aksmfakt132Aug 27, 2017 2:11 PM
Aug 30, 2017 4:05 AM
Aug 2017
I guess because the name is the town without me, the artist is trying to show that everybody lived on without him[/quote]It is not at all.
Airi has nothing to do with events between Kayo and Satoru. Even until the end
I will provide the appropriate video rather than explain in detail.
It will help you understand.
https://youtu.be/0QEHbHZE2k8[/quote]

Thank you
Sep 6, 2017 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm too many things I have in my mind about this anime. Forgetting about plotholes/weak second half excuses because I watched this anime knowing those excuses despite that I still tremendously enjoyed it! (oh btw i finished less than 24 hour)
Gets from me weak/generous 9/10 from me. Very strong suspense but sometimes predictable at a times(knew who was the killer since EP2). I was OK with his action but at least they didnt mention his Motive!! if he was killing for fun at least the show could have showed that em! Despite that another big issue still I won't forget to express my gratitute that how amount I was entertained by this show and surprisingly I didn't felt that much disturbed by those plotholes.

Sep 7, 2017 11:31 PM

Sep 2017
This show really disappointed me in the end, the second half was lackluster especially the last 3 episodes
Sep 20, 2017 7:23 AM

Jan 2010
This was great show. Art, characters story, everything was quite good. Major let down for was that it was obvious who were a killer. But still it was nice to see how he was tricked at the end. Gonna give it 8/10 overall
Nov 5, 2017 7:50 PM

Oct 2016
A beautiful anime.
That's all.
Nov 14, 2017 2:20 AM
Aug 2017
It's a beautiful anime, wow.

The music is the best. And the storyline and stuff is good as well. Didn't really expect the Yashiro and Satoru's scene as well, that was nice. Idk what to say, it's a really beautiful anime lol.

5/5
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Nov 18, 2017 5:23 PM

May 2014
Not flawless, but still very enjoyable anime.
Need more explanation with the villain's motive.
Airi in the end was perfect imo. Honestly if that scene was cut out, I'd probably be disappointed.

9/10
Nov 29, 2017 4:25 AM
Apr 2017
This is the 1st show I pick up in high hopes (one of the reasons is due to Sayuri amazing ed), n ended up feeling so disappointed I struggle to finish it.

Really bad experience
Nov 29, 2017 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
Apple_BS said:
This is the 1st show I pick up in high hopes (one of the reasons is due to Sayuri amazing ed), n ended up feeling so disappointed I struggle to finish it.

Really bad experience

Yes, it has a poor quality compared to the original manga.
Dec 3, 2017 3:12 AM

Jun 2015
I guess Airi's appearance at the end was kind of a remembering that everything comes to its place after all, this timeline had Satoru meeting friends at school, so at the end he got friends, he wished to be a mangaka, he became a mangaka that learned of his mistakes, Airi was meant to be important for him, she was destined to appear in Satoru's life, so she finally appeared, I thinks that's a good explanation about revival also, he would have the power until everything was cleared up and well for him, so it closed when the last missing piece (10 years younger), Airi was up there with him.
I have to clarify I haven't read the manga and that my text is just a kinda cheesy hypothesis
Really liked the show, had its flaws here and there, but the style, direction and (most) characters saved it, also I enjoyed it a lot, so 9/10.

Dec 5, 2017 6:23 AM

Aug 2017
I hear that a Netflix series is going to be released on 15 December. I saw on a site that the manga will be adapted completely from start to finish and also I heard a lot of people say that the anime adaptation was incomplete(even I felt that the anime should have been of 2 core instead of 1 and something was missing here and there),many important manga scenes were cut and all, so I was thinking to watch the Netflix series.

Is it worth a watch or should I just leave it be as I don't think I can read manga (reading's never been my kind of thing)

What would ya guys suggest?
Dec 5, 2017 6:36 AM
Jan 2017
Xander_Cage said:

Is it worth a watch or should I just leave it be as I don't think I can read manga (reading's never been my kind of thing)

What would ya guys suggest?

The Netflix series consists of 12 episodes
It is not different from the number of episodes of animation.
I do not think it will ever take the original perfectly

The original has a unique but fantastic art style.
Also, the frame Layout is very sophisticated and haunting.
I highly recommend the original manga
Dec 29, 2017 11:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I somehow managed to drop some of my salt levels by cooling down and seeing the final 30 minutes two days later (stoped at half of ep11).
Has an anime only viewer, the direction of the first half lead to believe there is some ship there (and also with Airi but less toned, when the MC is back to the present), which only fuels negativity when you get shitfaced, since I have yet to read the manga, I dunno if I can really blame the director or not by amplifying the Kayo scenes...

As for everything else, I did like sensei at the end, it was preditable from the start but the execution helped delivering some really intense scenes (manga looks UGLY).
I did enjoy the ending, overall if the plot had been more worked out (more time), it could have had been way better.
At least the anime did some really enjoyable epilogue scenes, and it ending with Airi like that actually made me happy and managed to dispel most of the negativity I had with the anime.
9.0/10
Jan 14, 2018 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
This was such an amazing anime. I binge watched the whole thing. I just wish there waz more of it. I'm upset that Kayo ended up getting with someone else. Anyway, great anime.
Jan 14, 2018 2:31 AM
Jan 2017
Guitarplayer18 said:
This was such an amazing anime. I binge watched the whole thing. I just wish there waz more of it. I'm upset that Kayo ended up getting with someone else. Anyway, great anime.

original manga has more story
Jan 16, 2018 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
aksmfakt132 said:
Guitarplayer18 said:

original manga has more story

Wait? The manga still continues?
Jan 16, 2018 5:14 PM
Jan 2017
Guitarplayer18 said:

Wait? The manga still continues?

no. It just has more stories and details. The original manga have also been completed.
Feb 7, 2018 9:02 AM

Dec 2017
Could have been a better end. I would have liked to see Satoru defeat Yashiro (as kid, not 15 years later) and maybe marry Kayo. Not loosing such an important time of his life. It was kind of a happy end but had a bitter feeling about it and it reminded me a bit of the "Butterfly Effect" movie which I didn't like very much (well, I liked the beginning and the idea but I hated the end, it was just way to depressive with the main character always wanting to help everyone and being the victim himself everytime he tries to improve things).

Good show, though. With a better end it could've been a 10/10.
Feb 7, 2018 7:25 PM
Feb 2016
As you can see from the manga, there are a lot more things that Satoru has lost than he has lost (the original is more detailed). Especially about Kayo, he has not lost anything. Since you want a better ending, I recommend the original cartoon. It is better several times
Mar 3, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 2018
I could have scored this anime a perfect score if it was Satoru x Kayo but Satoru x Airi is fine at least he has an happy ending. My scored could have gone lower if Airi didn't appear but apparently she did at the last second..so my score for this anime is 9/10
SceltoMar 3, 2018 7:35 PM
Mar 10, 2018 7:21 AM
Dec 2017
Well I think the anime was super great and i would've given it a 20/10, BUT!!! I definetly didn't like the ending, it is not because i hated that he ended up with Airi but because he didn't end up with kayo, i think it should've ended as follows
first the ending went to smoothly with the murderer what i wanted was that Kayo should've been kidnapped and was few minutes away from death because of that spray he suspected he uses in murders then the main character should've came and saved the day, he ended up injured badly , he then admits his feeling for Kayo and then fall into a coma then some 15 years latter he wakes up in a hospital and Kayo goes and enters the room, she doesn't believe her eyes and starts to cry really hard.
Then he would know that the murderer escaped from justice, so they can make another sequel were he and Kayo gets married and it turns out that Airi is their daughter and she is also a time traveler..... they then catch the murder after using himself as a bait and they have a super happy ending of course there must be a lot more drama.

sorry because I don't remember all of their names that's perhaps why it may not be clear, but in case you understood what I mean, If you liked the story tell me and i will make a fan_fiction about it.

Thank you,
Mar 10, 2018 7:25 AM
Feb 2016

I recommend you the original manga.
Mar 10, 2018 7:43 AM
Dec 2017
Man_Shen said:

Tell me how it ends first then i will read it if Kayo ends up with satoru.
thank you.
Mar 10, 2018 8:01 AM
Feb 2016
smhmkkh said:
Man_Shen said:

Tell me how it ends first then i will read it if Kayo ends up with satoru.
thank you.
Not like that. Because you do not want to read it
  I will conclude.
Kayo's marriage is one of Satoru's best wishes. But animation did not produce it well. Animation was made as if he liked Kayo and made like a romance animation. I hate that animation made viewer feel this feeling. Because of that, people say that Satoru was sorry.
However, Satoru was a hero and the relationship with Kayo was so beautiful and touching. The original described this very well.
Man_ShenMar 10, 2018 8:13 AM
Pages (29) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
Today, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

899 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.