Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
So, when is the cam/DVD + Bluray release rip coming out?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 12, 2017 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
This is going to be such a dumb question to ask but I'll ask it anyway. I'm going to see this in a few days with a friend. However, my friend has not touched the Fate franchise at all. Would he still be able to understand the movie or is it essential for him to watch UBW and/or Zero before going into this movie? (He won't play VN's so playing the F/SN VN is basically out of the question.)
Nov 12, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2014
KingKey said:
This is going to be such a dumb question to ask but I'll ask it anyway. I'm going to see this in a few days with a friend. However, my friend has not touched the Fate franchise at all. Would he still be able to understand the movie or is it essential for him to watch UBW and/or Zero before going into this movie? (He won't play VN's so playing the F/SN VN is basically out of the question.)

He's new so you must absolutely make him watch UBW 2014-2015 or else he will understand little. The movie not only explains very little but outright fast forwards through the prologue (mostly episode 0 and 1 of UBW). Heaven's Feel relies on the knowledge you gained from the other 2 routes.
Nov 12, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2009
VarunaBles said:
He's new so you must absolutely make him watch UBW 2014-2015 or else he will understand little. The movie not only explains very little but outright fast forwards through the prologue (mostly episode 0 and 1 of UBW). Heaven's Feel relies on the knowledge you gained from the other 2 routes.

Second this.
Watch the TV anime series. NOT the movie.
Nov 13, 2017 2:44 AM

Oct 2014
KingKey said:

Make him watch UBW first, but Fate/Zero isn't necessary.

Ideally he should've watched the fate route of the VN first before UBW, but seeing as there's no good anime adaptation for that, it isn't possible.
Nov 13, 2017 3:11 AM

May 2012
gudako said:
Watched the premier yesterday. I'd say this movie is on the same level of Kara no Kyokai

Same level as Kara no Kyokai ?! You are probably talking about animation quality only

Kara no Kyokai is trash.
Nov 15, 2017 11:15 PM
Nov 2015
Just finished in AUS, glad they made a small recap at the beginning going through all that shit we already know.

Solid introduction, brb hibernating til next movie
SillySempaiNov 16, 2017 12:42 AM
Nov 16, 2017 1:10 AM
Mar 2013
I just came back from the movie in aus and I gotta say, it was bloody brilliant even though I didn't get alot of the things, the UBW anime certainly helped, but I felt like I wasn't understanding some things, but that's not bad since it's meant for VN readers. Although I'm disappointed that they didn't animate Archer getting crippled by Saber, which should have happened. I would say 8/10 for the introductory movie, looking forward to the second one.
Nov 16, 2017 1:51 AM
Feb 2015
I just saw it. I may post my more extensive thoughts later, but I think this is the best entry in the Fate series yet. The implementation of CGI, effects animation and background detail sets a new high bar, as far as I’m concerned. The focus on Sakura and Shinji results in a more nuanced and (from what I have seen so far) tragic story than UBW. From the harshly visceral action scenes to the soft, tender moments where Shirou chokes back a line, Heaven’s Feel plays closer to a tragic horror movie than its lighter, more action focussed counterparts. I cannot wait to see the next one.
Nov 16, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Tenkensmile said:
VarunaBles said:

Second this.
Watch the TV anime series. NOT the movie.

But Unlimited Blade Works is already the second route in the story, so anyone watching it first will still be at a disadvantage.

The only true way to prepare oneself is to watch the 2006 Fate/Stay Night and form all their impressions of the series from that. It actually adapts the first route of the visual novel, and therefore is a much better introduction than ufotable's mediocre television series; which tries to have it both ways for audiences that have seen Fate/Zero and people new to the series.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Nov 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2016
Saw it in cinemas yesterday, was for the most part enjoyable, but extremely confusing in some parts (of course this is just part 1). It sucked to see characters die off (Lancer, Assassin, Caster and Shouichiro) without doing/saying much at all, but I figured the emphasis would been placed on other characters.

-Music was really good, stayed for the credits because Aimer
-Animation was ufotable being ufotable
-Mapo Tofu scene was fucking hilarious
(All that comes to my mind as of now)
I presume these following movies will be a lot better, with all the formalities out of the way.

ALSO can someone spoil me to the reason why Assassin is so fucking overpowered?
Nov 16, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2014
Noctur said:

He isn't. He just has a Noble Phantasm that's good at killing people. All fights concerning him just has him stalling until the Shadow arrives to shit on the other servants then he uses Zabaniya to eat some delicious hearts.
Nov 16, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2016
VarunaBles said:
Noctur said:

He isn't. He just has a Noble Phantasm that's good at killing people. All fights concerning him just has him stalling until the Shadow arrives to shit on the other servants then he uses Zabaniya to eat some delicious hearts.
Yeah I guess that's fair enough but even Lancer comments on his close combat ability and how he shouldn't have a chance. Although, I might just be making comparisons to the assassin in Fate/Zero.
Nov 17, 2017 2:55 AM

Aug 2009
Noctur said:
VarunaBles said:

Yeah I guess that's fair enough but even Lancer comments on his close combat ability and how he shouldn't have a chance. Although, I might just be making comparisons to the assassin in Fate/Zero.
Wait, Lancer says that he doesnt have a chance against True Assassin?
Nov 17, 2017 5:40 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Noctur said:
No Lancer says Assassin shouldn't have a chance, so he is surprised that Assassin can keep up with him.
Nov 17, 2017 6:39 AM

Jan 2017
Just saw a review of the movie that gave 2 as a score, and the reasons were:

The movie not having a stand alone story that can make people who never watched/Played Fate understand the story of Heaven's Feel(the guy said that this was his first Fate if I'm not mistaken)

Irrelevant start.

Cutting to random events.

Incoherent and incongruent plot.

Side characters not getting character development.

Rin not getting screen time.

Useless main character.

Not trying to be rude toward the guy and his opinion but I laughed so hard when I read that xD

Nov 17, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2017
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
No Lancer says Assassin shouldn't have a chance, so he is surprised that Assassin can keep up with him.

Quick question, the movie was premiered in november 3 right? I saw many people saying that it would be released to theaters tomorrow so it's just a different release date to specific theaters?
CrimsonTomeNov 17, 2017 7:01 AM
Nov 17, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2013
CloudACC said:
Botato said:

Quick question, the movie was premiered in november 3 right? I saw many people saying that it would be released to theaters tomorrow so it's just a different release date to specific theaters?
Sorry to disappoint but, I don't know.
Nov 17, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
CloudACC said:
Botato said:

yeap.

Theaters are being added like every two days. For all we know it may even come to Europe(And I dont mean just one country).
Nov 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Jul 2014
CloudACC said:

The movie not having a stand alone story that can make people who never watched/Played Fate understand the story of Heaven's Feel(the guy said that this was his first Fate if I'm not mistaken)

Irrelevant start.

Useless main character.

Not trying to be rude toward the guy and his opinion but I laughed so hard when I read that xD

Yeah, that there is the epitome of hilarity. It's his fault after all, who in their right mind would watch a SEQUEL film to a show they have no prior knowledge about? This was not at all a stand-alone movie.
Nov 17, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2012
Just watched the movie it was okay but the main problem is it felt like it was for Fate fans. They skipped alot of the intro and jumped into things fairly early. Next it was alot of removed and added scenes as well as alot of unneeded CGI effects that weren't bad but it was just a bit too much.

Overall a 6/10 after a night of sleep or so it might be a 7/10 for the first part of the trilogy.
Nov 17, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2009
Jakerams said:
Just watched the movie it was okay but the main problem is it felt like it was for Fate fans. They skipped alot of the intro and jumped into things fairly early. Next it was alot of removed and added scenes as well as alot of unneeded CGI effects that weren't bad but it was just a bit too much.

Overall a 6/10 after a night of sleep or so it might be a 7/10 for the first part of the trilogy.

Of course it is for Fate fans. No one should watch this movie trilogy without at least watching UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS by Ufotable.
Nov 17, 2017 10:37 PM
Jul 2012
Tenkensmile said:
Jakerams said:

Of course it is for Fate fans. No one should watch this movie trilogy without at least watching UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS by Ufotable.
I might just be nitpicking things but seeing some of the intro and stuff changed really just doesn't sit well. But then again it's a movie trilogy so I should expect some stuff to be cut especially after how many times the intro has been shown in previous entries.
Nov 18, 2017 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
This was a lot of fun, the fight scenes had some of the highest quality animation from the Fate franchise yet. The mapo tofu scene was funny and it was nice to see more attention on Sakura, lol that dream sequence.

mc093Nov 18, 2017 3:13 AM
Nov 18, 2017 3:34 PM

Aug 2015
There were a lot of funny moments, not all probably intentional
The scene of a police car approaching Shirou and Illya seems destined to become a meme reaction image regarding lewding lolis

Mapo tofu scene has been improved, for all the Kotomine-sexuals out there XD

The fade to blacks kept faking me out on when the movie was ending

The audience at my location seemed bent on turning this into a camp experience by yelling out at the screen at various points like 'yorokobe shounen'. People started clapping for the first appearance of Rin, Archer, Kirei and Gilgamesh, but poor Rider got no applause for her appearance. I guess most fate watchers don't know 'bout how great Rider is

Since they started with events '1 year and 6 months ago', I guess ufotable could have made the 'Ultimate Prologue' by adding in the parts of the prologue they skipped over to make the movie more stand-alone/neophyte friendly, but otoh I was happy I didn't have to sit through an explanation of the holy grail war again

The movie could probably have been shorter; Lancer and Assassin's fight could have been less grandiose. The cars on the trailer Assassin and Lancer fight on didn't really blend in well, looking like very obvious cgi, as is the norm for anime it seems

One of my favorite moments from the movie was probably the comment 'this is worst turn of events'

glassknucklesNov 18, 2017 9:38 PM
Nov 18, 2017 3:37 PM

Apr 2007
The thought that went through my mind the most while watching this is "I wish they made it feel like less of a movie". I mean, the first part of Heaven's Feel was my least favorite (currently at the start of Day 13) so I'm glad we skipped through a few parts, and we don't need to see the beginning of FSN fully animated again, but I was still disappointed by how rushed it felt.

I especially wish Rider and Shiro talked even a little after she saved him. There wasn't even a comment about how much stronger she seemed, and it doesn't help that Assassin was already stated to be weak. At least they still added Zouken and Assassin's convo afterwards, despite it being short.

But I can't deny I am too attached to the VN and struggle to enjoy ufotable's adaptations :v It still had it's good points and the fights looked great as always. Hopefully the next movie isn't as rushed, they got quite far in this one alone.
Nov 18, 2017 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
Shinji's face after Saber utter destroyed Rider..

Best anime moment 2017
Nov 18, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2015
glassknuckles said:

The fade to blacks kept faking me out on when the movie was ending

This. Towards the last 30 minutes, with the fade to blacks and especially the camera panning towards the sky while it was snowing, I kept thinking "Roll credits? Wait, this is kind of an awkward stopping place, surely not?"

Anyway, I must say I was thoroughly impressed with this film, despite (or in some cases because of) it not being totally faithful to the VN. I was expecting ufotable to pull out all the stops for the visuals, but they surpassed even those expectations. The fights were great of course, but all the little things they put so much effort into made it feel so lifelike.

I've never really been a fan of Sakura, even in the HF Route of the VN, but through a combination of excellent cinematography and the movie going back to show more of her initial relationship with Shirou, I actually felt she was a genuinely likeable character as opposed to a character I'd rather ignore (at best).

I knew from the VN that this would be a "darker" story, but the tone was wholly different from Deen's Fate or ufotable's own Unlimited Blade Works. Very little comedy or light-hearted moments, no harem hi-jinks. The best word I can come up with is "solemn." Cold and distant mixing with warm tender moments. Heck, even Shinji felt like a serious character, almost relatable, instead of some sniveling creep (most of the time). In short, it was different and I think it worked quite well.

Waiting another year for the next part is going to be hard....
Nov 18, 2017 11:16 PM
May 2013
are there any after credits scenes?
Nov 18, 2017 11:56 PM

Nov 2010
sgs2008 said:
are there any after credits scenes?
Only a preview for the next movie.
Nov 19, 2017 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
Just finished the movie many hours ago. It was pretty dang awesome. I am brand new to the Heaven's Feel route. But I look forward to the next movie coming out next year hopefully. I did not see the preview for the next movie since I just left right away when the credits rolled. Just people talking about it gets' me excited to see it next year. X3
alphazero4umNov 19, 2017 2:14 AM
Nov 19, 2017 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
just finished watching the movie an hour ago was awesome (though did feel slow at times)the new added scenes where interesting can't wait till next year the second movie

Nov 19, 2017 1:40 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I saw the movie 14hrs ago. Definitely a must watch if your a fate series fan or play fgo. 3rd routes surprised me a lot. It is a third route that the reason they cut back on the fight scene between saber and archer and her summoning. Idk how someone here could complain about it's already shown twice and no need for third unless you're desperate for recap.
Nov 19, 2017 4:39 AM

Jan 2015
Saw this yesterday and it was everything I hoped it would be.

More funny moments than I thought but they were welcomed. Shinji's added screen time really helped his character and I never felt the pacing was slow. UFO delivered on art/animation as per usual, no complaints. The soundtrack really fit the tone of the movie as it just seemed to elevate it to higher ground.

Can not wait until next years release as I think this could be F/SN best adaptation.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Nov 19, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2015
Movie had some issues but overall it was still a solid 10/10 experience for me.

Great visuals, animation was suspect at time yet most of the changes were well done. some stuff cut but that was expected and the flow of the narrative was really well paced.

I was worried about the skipping that some people mentioned but it literally wasn't bad at all, it just skipped prologue events we've seen in ubw. I wasn't mad about not seeing that again.

My biggest complaint was honestly how many quiet moments there were without OST. I felt like that was a design choice to give the movie an eerie forboding feel which definitely made sense and the times songs were used made those moments extremely impactful / memorable. So Im torn on that complaint, its more of an individual desire because I feel design wise it wasn't bad.

Comedic elements in this movie were so much better than UBW. The direction was night and day in terms of scene design and overall quality of work. I had pretty high expectations for this movie and pretty much everything was met. I wanted to watch it again and see the next two movies right after completion.

10/10 yorukobe shonen.
Nov 19, 2017 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
CloudACC said:

Irrelevant start.

Useless main character.

To be fair, I do agree with these 2 points he made:

- Sakura is a boring heroine. Rin is infinitely more interesting.

- Sakura x Shirou romance looks forced AF.
Nov 19, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
Tenkensmile said:
CloudACC said:

Irrelevant start.

Useless main character.

To be fair, I do agree with these 2 points he made:

- Sakura is a boring heroine. Rin is infinitely more interesting.

Actually I never thought that romance in Fate was something really well done, but even if it was a little forced, I thought that the moments that Shirou and Sakura had in Heaven's Feel before shit got real were beautiful(especially the one in the park when it's raining), and I agree that Sakura is a little boring but I still like her, actually I like all three heroines of Fate alhough I do prefer Rin and I also think that she is more interesting than Saber and Sakura.
Nov 19, 2017 11:05 PM

Oct 2014
@CloudACC
Haven't watched the movie but:

After Kara no Kyoukai movies and UBW anime, this sounds like classic Ufotable.

Tenkensmile said:

And the other two didn't look forced.
Nov 20, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2013
Me during the first part of the movie: Oi where's archer?

Would ahve been nice if thye animated the part where the three routes "split off". Havent read the VN, but I think its from Shirou's decision about teaming with Rin?

Movie felt a bit flat to me. Perhaps it was due to the original source material being long, so it just didnt feel like there was much aof a climax or "bumps".

With them fleshing out Shirou's and Sakura's relation, I now have mixed feelings about him going for the other girls.
Rin still best girl though.

Higlight of the movie would have been Shinji acting all cocky and then gets owned when Rider gets one-shotted by Sabre.

I feel like this movie was mainly for the VN readers.

Movie almost made me think Shinji's just a tsundere, but well...

Perhaps this may be more enjoyable if the movies are watched within a fairly short time.
Nov 20, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2015
The movie was pretty good, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and being in a movie with fellow fans was a great experience that I really haven't had before.

One of the most fascinating experiences I felt during it was this ever present feeling of dramatic irony. I don't know what happens in most of the moments of HF, I haven't played it, but I know the key scenes and reasons why everything is happening, just due to being in the fandom so long and watching quite a bit of VN scenes.

Sakura and Shioru's relationship was super cute. (Heck the beginning of the movie felt like a _Completely different show)_
But there's this dark twisting of the cute moments, knowing what happens later- knowing why Sakura acts the way she does in the future. Retroactively watching these thing makes it feel...off. Aha. Its certainly a weird experience.

Nov 20, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
Nicromatic said:

Injured because Shirou did not use a command seal to stop Saber from attacking him. He fulfills the role of a glorified extra right now and won't do much.

Nicromatic said:
Would ahve been nice if thye animated the part where the three routes "split off". Havent read the VN, but I think its from Shirou's decision about teaming with Rin?

That depends, the Fate/UBW split happens when you first encounter Archer and Rin, if Shirou doesn't use the command seal, Archer is injured and you go down Fate. If Shirou does use the command seal, Archer is unharmed allowing him to put his true plans into motion, then UBW starts.

Finally Heaven's Feel is initiated when Shirou decides to talk to Sakura more. This all culminates in him meeting a certain character from Zero. Oh and as I said above, Archer is also injured in HF.
Nov 20, 2017 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
Nicromatic said:

This will be me throughout the movie :P

Why doesn't Rin heal Archer's wound??
Nov 20, 2017 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
why Shirou's command spell just disappeared? I thought master who lost servant but still possess the command spell and servant who lost master can make new contract. why Shirou's 3 command spell just disappeared all at once?
Nov 20, 2017 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
VarunaBles said:

Finally Heaven's Feel is initiated when Shirou decides to talk to Sakura more. This all culminates in him meeting a certain character from Zero. Oh and as I said above, Archer is also injured in HF.

Who is the certain character from Zero you're reffering to?
Shiny golden man?
Nov 20, 2017 10:35 PM

Jun 2015
Alright, watched the movie a second time, and fully (missed the first fifteen minutes the first time).

Will spoiler tag this just because it's a bit long of a post.

9/10. If the movies continue as they are, they might become my favorite ufo work (don't screw this up ufo, HF is by far my favorite route).
-Sherou-Nov 20, 2017 11:01 PM

Nov 20, 2017 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
3/5 for not being DEEN.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 20, 2017 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
Nicromatic said:
VarunaBles said:

Shiny golden man?

He meets Kiritsugu who adopted him. Did you not watch the show?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 20, 2017 11:50 PM

Nov 2014
Nicromatic said:
VarunaBles said:

Shiny golden man?

Nah. Shiny golden man is an extra in this route. I'm referring to old worm man.
Nov 21, 2017 2:06 AM

Mar 2016
Tenkensmile said:

this actually makes no sense considering that shirou literally meets and falls in love with saber over the course of two weeks in fate and he barely knew rin before ubw
sakura's worst girl and all of the romances in fsn are hot garbage mediocre at best tbh but she's actually spent time with shirou for 2~ years before they fell in love in hf
BloodRequiem said:

He meets Kiritsugu who adopted him. Did you not watch the show?
dont u mean kotomanly????????
Aure0linNov 21, 2017 2:12 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 21, 2017 2:32 AM

Apr 2012
Aure0lin said:
Tenkensmile said:

this actually makes no sense considering that shirou literally meets and falls in love with saber over the course of two weeks in fate and he barely knew rin before ubw
sakura's worst girl and all of the romances in fsn are hot garbage mediocre at best tbh but she's actually spent time with shirou for 2~ years before they fell in love in hf

It makes no sense because Shirou is destined to be with Issei.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.