Forum Settings
Forums
Kira-kun Today
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2015 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This series is overrated. It's not as powerful as Orange nor as emotional as Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I admit it's quite quirky and does well in playing with typical shoujo cliches but it's not that special.

There were several things that I found unnecessary in this series. Number one being Rei/Yabe. Literally took two of the side characters and forced them together. It was not necessary, although I do admit it was cute. Second one being Sensei's death. Like really? And in two chapters? Were they trying to induce feelings again? And a few more other things being Mio the Bitch Nurse. Why do we always need a love rival in these series? Please. Another flaw was that the art is a bit inconsistent. But I don't mind that much.

I liked how fleshed out Yabe was. He grew into someone I admired in this series. I also liked the two main leads. Making Kira and Yabe crybaby male characters was an excellent decision. They were freaking adorable! I also admired the main female in this series, even though her personality was inconsistent. She goes from the lonely bird girl to the oblivious shoujo lead to.. she's confusing.

One more thing I liked was that the romance felt very natural. Boy meets girl, they become friends to best friends and THEN they start dating. Hell yeah! That's how you do it!

It was a good series, though even if it was just a bunch of shoujo cliches mashed into one, with a feel good atmosphere and a happy ending (omg their child tho lol).

7/10 overall.
Oct 6, 2016 8:42 AM
Sep 2016
Were did you read chapters after 29
I got only 29 chapters on manga zone app
Please let me known your answer

I want to read this manga badly as it got an happy ending

Please
Nov 17, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2013
Happy ending? (Y/N)
May 12, 2017 12:34 PM
Apr 2017
Vineeth-kun said:

Please

same here. I really like the family support and how pure their love is
Nov 5, 2017 4:23 PM

Mar 2012
their child is for sure the highlight of the series i screAMED. but it is a pretty good series if you don't mind cliches. r.i.p. sensei.

Vineeth-kun said:

Please

kayzerax said:
Vineeth-kun said:

Please

same here. I really like the family support and how pure their love is

i think it's not fully translated into english yet, in other languages like german, portuguese or spanish it is completed. so i think you will have to know a language other than english if you want to finish it right now, sadly :(
Nov 5, 2017 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
glamazon said:
i think it's not fully translated into english yet, in other languages like german, portuguese or spanish it is completed. so i think you will have to know a language other than english if you want to finish it right now, sadly :(
It is actually! I read it on Mangalator. It wasn't cleaned/typeset but just English on top...
Nov 8, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Mayuka said:
glamazon said:
It is actually! I read it on Mangalator. It wasn't cleaned/typeset but just English on top...

how
for some reason i can't access it? :(
Nov 8, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
glamazon said:
Mayuka said:

how
Try registering on http://otakumole.ch/
Nov 8, 2017 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Mayuka said:
glamazon said:

how

registration is disabled tho
Nov 8, 2017 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
glamazon said:
Mayuka said:

oh my bad, i already had an account..
Nov 11, 2017 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
Mayuka said:
glamazon said:

oh my bad, i already had an account..

that's ok haha i'l keep going with my raws + translations from bubbler because it's the fatest way
Jan 16, 2018 9:40 AM
Jan 2018
Happy ending please, like live-action of this manga
Apr 3, 2018 6:49 PM

May 2016
I feel like a bad person being the only that wanted Kira to die?

Like you says feel too rushed.
I would have loved an Ayashi no Ceres Ending

Instead of that we have a forced Rei and Kasuhiro and the death of sensei.

A 7/10 of my part.
May 14, 2019 8:40 PM

May 2013
This manga was horrible. Like why did they have drama with that stupid talking bird at the end? It was just so bad. I can't get over how this has such a high rating on here. 4/10. So so so so bad.
Jul 18, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2011
This manga sent me on a feels joyride. There were a lot of fangirl moments and even emotional ones that had me crying.
I don't even think you can call this as cliche shoujo manga because it felt different.
Everything was played out so beautiful and the happy ending was amazing as well.

Even while writing this I am still tearing up. Crying over the loss of sensei, crying because of the happy ending, crying because the manga ended.. but it was such a satisfying ending and it left a big impression on me. Kudos to the mangaka.

I highly recommend this manga if you need to quench your thirst for a short but sweet shoujo manga that doesn't leave you hanging and that leaves a lasting impression on you.

Thank you Robert Sensei from the deepest depths of my heart. ♡
I want to sleep...
Jan 10, 2020 6:18 AM

Mar 2010
Cute story, I am satisfy with this read!!
Jan 31, 2020 7:36 PM

Jul 2017
This was a pretty good read. I'll admit there definitely were lots of parts that felt a bit too convenient, and some stuff like sensei's death felt kinda odd to appear out of nowhere.

But I did like the romance that was involved, even with the side characters (although it did kinda feel weird how Yabe just insta confessed after denying that he had feelings for Rei). Shame there was no last minute sex chapter but oh wellz

8/10
Apr 8, 2021 6:36 PM

Dec 2020
I cried😢😢😢

“You have to do the opposite of what people expect."
May 28, 2021 7:11 AM
Sep 2017
The sensei in the series felt like tanukis from the manga in manga gekkan shoujo nozaki kun. A little forced prop. But maybe was easing the tension a little and making it easier for the characters to move forward.
Well, i like cliches and for me they can appear in every shoujo manga. Had to read if happy ending or no in the middle of the series. The characters all were very vivid and beautiful in the untouchable way and Rei and Yabe were actually very funny in an unexpected way which made me laugh which is not often even in comedy mangas
Edit: i have completed and crief like a child. Senseiiiii!
IHH_HHIMay 29, 2021 10:41 AM
Apr 16, 2022 12:48 AM

Dec 2020
that was a really nice read. i generally am pretty emotional but woah i cried a bunch this time LOL.

a bit rushed tho, like how rei caught feelings for yabe? the "chase" of their romance was p good but How she came to like him wasn't really shown so their whole part felt kinda forced. doc's death drama was also kinda.... 😭😭 LIKEEE i know he's a big part of this story and i rly did like him but idk maybe the timing of it? rather than being sad bc he was abt to die and stuff, i was sad bc mio was sad. it was just ??? how it basically came out of nowhere. yeah it was foreshadowed from the bath scene but ?? in 2 chapters? right after the happy "yay he lived" bruh. i also understood that whole "thing" with the nurse and kira but it was still really ew. they used eachother to come term of their own feelings and to cope but still.. maybe it would've been better if it was longer. not a fan of it tho.

really love how the guys cried here. they aren't really "crybabies" but just emotional. and they cant help but show it. rei is kinda eh. i rly dont like how she was introduced, like girl could've rly ruined their relationship lol but she became nicer as time went on.

GAHHH this was so rushed!! okay not "So" but if they took their time more with certain parts, made it longer n shit it really could've been better. the cliche's and "too convenient" moments are also sometimes a bit off putting but at the end of the day this Is a shoujo, not a seinen. bound to be a bit of they cliches here and there. author did them pretty damn well tho

im just repeating myself but i really liked this. the comedy was nice, drama too, romance was great and art is lovely, i liked how the chatacters delt with certain situations, i liked how we were shown what the characters felt then and there instead of some bs flashback, i liked how they were very communicative, i reaaaally liked how the author did this story. it was a such a good read and i absolutely enjoyed it
Feb 21, 12:38 AM

May 2020
A fun read. Glad it didn't take the tragedy route. Doc's death was kind of sad but still, it was a solid ending overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyou no Kira-kun Chapter 32 Discussion

Mayuka - Nov 2, 2015

1 by buunny »»
May 14, 2019 12:23 PM

Poll: » Kyou no Kira-kun Chapter 31 Discussion

Mayuka - Nov 2, 2015

2 by Leyren »»
Dec 27, 2018 6:46 AM

» Ideal Voice Cast

Mayuka - Nov 2, 2015

2 by Mayuka »»
Jan 19, 2018 7:29 PM

Poll: » Kyou no Kira-kun Chapter 29 Discussion

Mayuka - Nov 2, 2015

1 by Melantha »»
Aug 23, 2017 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kyou no Kira-kun Chapter 26 Discussion

Mayuka - Nov 2, 2015

1 by laserlime »»
Sep 15, 2016 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.