Forum Settings
Forums

[Event] Mini Game v6: All Hallow's Eve Mafia | Game Over - Third Time's the Charm

New
Nov 3, 2017 2:21 PM

Nov 2015

Hosted by aa-dono and Togs

👻 Rules 👻

👻 Set-up 👻

👻 Alive and Kicking (7/12) 👻
AlbertinoDias
Mishukax
Ruu
Phraze
Qoco
abhutrash
Fo

👻 Dead as Doornails (5) 👻
AbuHumaid
RE1031
lastwhisper31
Tainted
Shinichi-kun
TogsNov 18, 2017 8:55 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2017 2:24 PM

Nov 2015
Sorry everyone for the delay, thanks for bearing with me. Role PMs are currently being sent out, once you get yours please confirm.

The game will officially start tomorrow at 4:00 pm GMT (12:00 EST), however I will start the game early if 3/4 of the players confirm. The extra time will be added to the beginning of Day 1. Good luck and have fun !
Nov 3, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2013
Confirm.

I am offended by this role name!
Nov 3, 2017 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Confirmed
Nov 3, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
Confirm.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Nov 3, 2017 3:04 PM
Nov 3, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
/confirm
Nov 3, 2017 4:02 PM

Oct 2011
/conf finally lol

Nov 3, 2017 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
/conf
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Nov 3, 2017 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
I can confirm that I have received my role.
Nov 4, 2017 12:15 AM

Nov 2015
@RE1031 @AbuHumaid @AlbertinoDias @lastwhisper31 @Karote @Mishukax @Ruu @Phraze @Qoco @Tainted @abhutrash @Fo

Enough people confirmed; Day 1 starts now !

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Nov 4, 2017 12:33 AM

Sep 2015
Anybody home?

I'll just read some manga while waiting for you guys.
Nov 4, 2017 3:18 AM

Jul 2016
guy, I won't be able to post today, I'm sorry, but, I thin phraze got trapped on the MALoween mansion so... how is she Here?? :O conspiracy :O vote: phraze
Nov 4, 2017 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
Where's everyone?
Nov 4, 2017 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
RVS is stupid.
Nov 4, 2017 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
Or I might use it if everyone is going to stay inactive like this.
Nov 4, 2017 4:13 AM

Sep 2015
@AbuHumaid we've got two days don't worry about it.
Nov 4, 2017 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Tainted said:
@AbuHumaid we've got two days don't worry about it.
No forgiveness for those who stall!
Nov 4, 2017 4:41 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty sure they will post later on let's just not get impatient and start voting randomly.
Nov 4, 2017 4:42 AM

Nov 2014
I've got an exam today, but after that, I'll be active. Happy we're starting tho. ^^
Nov 4, 2017 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
Not sure if I still need to do this but.
Confirm!
Nov 4, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
vote: carrots
I've never heard the term semi-bastard before and if I have I don't remember.

Hmm.
Who all here is new? As in this is their first maybe second game?
Nov 4, 2017 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Fo said:
vote: carrots
I've never heard the term semi-bastard before and if I have I don't remember.

Hmm.
Who all here is new? As in this is their first maybe second game?
this is abhutrash's first game on MS, idk if Tainted played here or not before though
Nov 4, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2015
I've played a few games of mafia in mal before just not in MS.
Nov 4, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Tainted said:
How many games exactly?
Nov 4, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
By the way, I don't get this Night of the dead mechanic
Nov 4, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2015
AbuHumaid said:
Tainted said:
How many games exactly?

This is my 5th game including the last the maloween one.
Nov 4, 2017 6:57 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
guy, I won't be able to post today, I'm sorry, but, I thin phraze got trapped on the MALoween mansion so... how is she Here?? :O conspiracy :O vote: phraze
How does that even work? Are you not allowed to post outside if you get trapped?
fluff because I can afford it right now
AbuHumaid said:
RVS is stupid.
What changed? I spied a little on the MALoween mafia game (until the mansion got locked and I couldn't access the thread anymore D:<), and I don't recall you having this opinion, and I know you didn't have it in Major Arcana.
AbuHumaid said:
I woke up maybe 20 minutes ago. Haven't even eaten yet...
Tainted said:
Pretty sure they will post later on let's just not get impatient and start voting randomly.
So you too are against RVS? Or are you afraid we may end up lynching a town inactive?
Nov 4, 2017 7:02 AM

Sep 2015
RE1031 said:
So you too are against RVS? Or are you afraid we may end up lynching a town inactive?

Not really afraid I just don't want to waste the lynch on something completely random.
Nov 4, 2017 7:09 AM

Sep 2016
Tainted said:
RE1031 said:

Not really afraid I just don't want to waste the lynch on something completely random.
Well, RVS doesn't necessarily guarantee that person will be lynched. It's just a means of creating content. RVS votes that end up getting someone lynched mean either the person voting was lucky and hit their suspect with the first shot or town didn't do much day 1 to draw out the scum.
For me, I like having a vote on someone at all times. So...
vote: Fo
Nov 4, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
AbuHumaid said:
What I'm gathering is that some of us have skills that aren't in our role pm that we can use once we're dead. And that there's a dead thread that's still kinda playing the game?

RE1031 said:
What made you want to ask this question?
Nov 4, 2017 7:16 AM

Sep 2016
AbuHumaid said:
Remember The Morning After? I think it's similar to that - even if you are killed, you're able to influence the game from the dead chat through secret abilities (not stated in your role PM, that become active only after you die).
Nov 4, 2017 7:18 AM

Sep 2016
Fo said:
RE1031 said:
Because I don't completely understand Tainted's reasoning for not wanting to vote randomly.
Nov 4, 2017 7:21 AM

Sep 2016
RE1031 said:
Fo said:
Because I don't completely understand Tainted's reasoning for not wanting to vote randomly.
Or at least leave a RVS vote on someone... Since we're allowed to change votes, there usually isn't much harm to it, and unless you plan on doing nothing for the rest of the phase, the first vote you place doesn't guarantee that person being lynched. So voting randomly doesn't mean lynching randomly, basically.
Nov 4, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
Tainted said:
RE1031 said:

The games I play here have always put a bit more focus on a player's play during the day when deciding on a lynch so no need to worry about us lynching from complete random!

I'm a little bit curious how the games you play elsewhere on mal go and if you're always finding yourself the voice of reason with this or something. lol

Why was your impression of the gamestate (in particular with abu) that he was being impatient in a "let's just lynch randomly" kinda sense and not just he's impatient for the game to begin kinda way?
Nov 4, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2016
Fo said:
Why was your impression of the gamestate (in particular with abu) that he was being impatient in a "let's just lynch randomly" kinda sense and not just he's impatient for the game to begin kinda way?
How did you come to this conclusion? I took his impatience as a sign of low tolerance for inactivity, though it may have been a bit too early for that considering time zones.
Which posts gave you the impression that he wanted to lynch randomly? I have an idea but I think you're misinterpreting (or maybe even misrepresenting) his intent.
Nov 4, 2017 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
@RE1031
That isn't how I saw it; that was a question intended for tainted. xDD

On that note I gotta head to work. Will try and peak in on break or something really anxious for everyone to check in.

Nov 4, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2016
Fo said:
@RE1031
That isn't how I saw it; that was a question intended for tainted. xDD
lol I can't read >.>
I think I saw the "why" as a "what." Sigh.
Good question.
Nov 4, 2017 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
RE1031 said:
AlbertinoDias said:
How does that even work? Are you not allowed to post outside if you get trapped?
fluff because I can afford it right now
AbuHumaid said:
RVS is stupid.
What changed? I spied a little on the MALoween mafia game (until the mansion got locked and I couldn't access the thread anymore D:<), and I don't recall you having this opinion, and I know you didn't have it in Major Arcana.
AbuHumaid said:
I woke up maybe 20 minutes ago. Haven't even eaten yet...
Tainted said:
Nothing really happened, I've had that opinion long ago but I wasn't vocal about it. RVS's purpose is to get the game going, I bet many (if not everyone) has the ability to roll the game without having to vote. Not to mention that RVS votes are a good way for mafia to hide, they can vote and keep their vote as it is the whole phase.

That's why timezones are also stupid.

And I'm not really THAT much against RVS, I'm cool with it but I'd still rather no RVS.
Nov 4, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2016
AbuHumaid said:
Nothing really happened, I've had that opinion long ago but I wasn't vocal about it. RVS's purpose is to get the game going, I bet many (if not everyone) has the ability to roll the game without having to vote. Not to mention that RVS votes are a good way for mafia to hide, they can vote and keep their vote as it is the whole phase.

And I'm not really THAT much against RVS, I'm cool with it but I'd still rather no RVS.
Fair enough. Does anything catch your eye yet?
Nov 4, 2017 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
RE1031 said:
AbuHumaid said:

Fair enough. Does anything catch your eye yet?
Nothing much, I liked Fo's #35 I want to see Tainted response to that.
Nov 4, 2017 8:14 AM

Sep 2016
vote: @Tainted
I think that was enough time to answer Fo's question. Additionally, your first post was this:
Tainted said:
Anybody home?

And so it's a bit strange you're not up to date when you were online for some time after Fo posted his question (or so the site says).
You don't want to vote randomly - fair enough. How do you plan on accomplishing that?
Nov 4, 2017 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Nov 4, 2017 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
RE1031 said:
I think that was enough time to answer Fo's question. Additionally, your first post was this:
Tainted said:
Anybody home?

And so it's a bit strange you're not up to date when you were online for some time after Fo posted his question (or so the site says).
You don't want to vote randomly - fair enough. How do you plan on accomplishing that?
Why are you jumping to conclusions? These aren't even sufficient reasons to lynch him.
Nov 4, 2017 8:26 AM

Sep 2016
AbuHumaid said:
RE1031 said:
Why are you jumping to conclusions? These aren't even sufficient reasons to lynch him.
You're jumping to the conclusion I'm voting him to lynch him :P
I'd like an answer, and I'm doing something to get it.
Nov 4, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2015
Fo said:
The games I play here have always put a bit more focus on a player's play during the day when deciding on a lynch so no need to worry about us lynching from complete random!

I'm a little bit curious how the games you play elsewhere on mal go and if you're always finding yourself the voice of reason with this or something. lol

Oh if you meant calling out names just to make them come out then it's fine for me.
I just don't like the random voting at the end of the day just because this one got more votes or inactive.

Well the last game went pretty bad for me because of RVS xD

Because of last game I had this impression of Abu as someone who would right away jump to conclusions that's why I told him to stop because getting impatient and randomly voting people won't make them go online.
Nov 4, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2015
RE1031 said:
Tainted said:
Anybody home?

Please be patient with me.
English is my third language so I have to read things more carefully so I don't misinterpret things or mistake my grammar.
Nov 4, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2016
Tainted said:
RE1031 said:

Please be patient with me.
English is my third language so I have to read things more carefully so I don't misinterpret things or mistake my grammar.
Sorry, I'll wait.
Tainted said:
Oh if you meant calling out names just to make them come out then it's fine for me.
I just don't like the random voting at the end of the day just because this one got more votes or inactive.

Well the last game went pretty bad for me because of RVS xD

Because of last game I had this impression of Abu as someone who would right away jump to conclusions that's why I told him to stop because getting impatient and randomly voting people won't make them go online.
But it may bring online people who aren't posting to actually post. Abu has this thing where he goes after inactives so that any scum hiding in the inactivity pile have something fear rather than just coasting under the radar.
While random voting probably will end up lynching town, I think it's a lot better to vote than not because at least votes will bring you places. And VCA has been proven to be effective.
Nov 4, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
RE1031 said:
How do you plan on accomplishing that?

I'll just poke around asking people some things instead of voting that person first then asking him questions.
Nov 4, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
Tainted said:
RE1031 said:
How do you plan on accomplishing that?

I'll just poke around asking people some things instead of voting that person first then asking him questions.
Anything you'd like to ask now?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.