Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2017 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
As a person who doesn't shit on the series,but also doesn't think its the weabest show in existence, it was actually a very well done movie. I was surprised of how good it was and wish I could watch it again. The throwback motifs from the TV series was prevalent throughout the movie and heck they even humored on the bad parts of the anime series. What made me almost shed a tear was the Yuki cameo ;-;

Props to the guys in our theater who whipped out their glow sticks and waved them like crazy like they went to a Miku Concert xD
Mar 10, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2014
Chobitslover98 said:
-Stray said:

Yeah that was quite funny, of all the places that Yui coulda pooped out from, it had to be from Leafa's cleavage. You and your niece must be really close for you to go to the effort of making her an account and updating it even, its awesome when someone related to you is also into the stuffs you're into. She's into horror eh? just a suggestion but have you watched Corpse Party? tho it may be a lil too much for your niece.

Yeah. xD And yeah we are. I'm the one who got her into Anime. And she prefers sub. I'm so proud. xD

And have I watched Corpse Party. Have I watched it. Seiko x Naomi is my OTP, I own the 3DS game, and Blood Drive for the Vita. xD It's my favorite horror series. :3

And it might be a little too much for her? Check her MAL profile which I linked. I asked for her opinions on her favorite Anime. So I might handle the profile, but she tells me what to put. xD

She prefers the sub? that right there is a sign of massive potential when it comes to being an anime fan!

Oh my... I didnt notice, she is one savage little kid. Unlike my little brother who couldnt even look at the gore scenes.
Mar 10, 2017 10:43 PM
Mar 2012
Was gonna laugh at plot in Emiya Shirou's voice but...
Yuuuuuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, pacing's quite tight, like condensing whole ggo into a film, with short sao1 recap (mostly different from extraedition), some notable AR/VR debate, conspiracy, nods to previous seasons, sol, even a Kirito training arc with boss fights & Suguha kendo, actually good romance, & clarifying more characters especially villains.

Kawahara really improved his shit writing from s1. The investigation builds up gradually like ggo, Eiji backstory, his role, augma details, the prof who taught both villains Kayaba & Sugou (lol this villain trinity), amnesia cause.

Reviving your daughter Yuuna by stealing sao memories & deep learning to form an AI. Pretty out there scifi, but the most sensible villain motivation in sao so far. Her songs & osts were great, tho terrible to use a concert & husbando Eiji for his plan... Well Eiji got the short end but he's messed up, revenge & blaming others for his weakness.

Wagnaria lol, almost saw Popura not.

Lvl 100 sao boss, finally see it in this epic quality battle with a giant sao,alo,ggo reunion. That Yuuki+Asuna sword skill. This had quite a few boss fights & every fight was well made. A-1 (and White Fox) really blew budget like Ufotable would. Shinon gets a datepair fight with Kirito, Suguha sisterly love, & Yuuna almost fell into his harem lol poor Eiji.
Soundfx much better than most hollywood stuff for once.

That diary (reminds of One Week Friends em feels). Oh they kissed, also a stargazing date. Queue Klein foreveralone. Don't skip credits. Asuna shows Kirito to her mom. Prof not indicted, but Kiku wants his help on a "rath" system? Is sao turning into psychopass lite?

Plot, lots of ??? maybe rewatch or plotholes. Why did Kirito need to go from AR fight to VR lvl100 fight? I see he got an op sword (excalibur?), and able to use his faster VR body to fight AR monsters, but Yuuna must've known something to guide him. augma still allows brainzap really? Kiku doing a shitty job. Gold memory fragments collected by drones, and Yuuna just returned it to Asuna & everyone? sounds like far out scifi. It was briefly implied, ptsd induced sao flashback & memory impairment, sounds more reasonable as temp amnesia. Nobody removes the augma, but like Klein/prof, forgetting sao might be a good thing lol. So memories returned, Yuuna AI rip or just floating around?

The whole audience clapped at the end & were into the funny bits, seems they mostly liked it.
Mar 11, 2017 8:23 AM
Sep 2016
tl;dr
Fight scenes great (Especially at the final boss with others)
Some plotholes
Could of had more story
And a teaser for another sao arc or movie (After the credits there was a hinter)

Overall: 7/10 As mentioned animation and scenes were great but only at those moments it felt exciting, others kinda not so much
Mar 11, 2017 10:20 AM
Aug 2013
I actually really enjoyed the movie, More then enjoyed i loved it from the fighting scenes to the music. Only bad part is here they showed it one night so i cant see it again, being i want to see it over and over i just cant get enough of it. But the other good parts when the brought in all the crew from all arc's which was super duper nice, and i foundt it to be cool that they kinda brought u back to sao season one the 10000 deaths and included a plot twist from that point and such, but i do agree asuna took a lead over kirito not sure how i feel about that but the scenes between them was awsome especially the kiss and the ring hehe, not sure if that was a promise ring or what but we will find out in season 3 of the anime being at the end of the movie they out right hinted it big time! so only time will tell!
Mar 11, 2017 3:03 PM
Mar 2017
how can you see the movie from a different country,for example i live in greece and i want to see this so desperately, do you know when it will release online or a dvd or something like that
Mar 11, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
omfg Epic movie from beginning to end
Final scene teaser omfg.
Akiciazatiom yes!!!
Mar 11, 2017 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
In case you were waiting for it, the DUB is being released as well.

You can find out more here
Mar 11, 2017 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
HalAnime said:
Props to the guys in our theater who whipped out their glow sticks and waved them like crazy like they went to a Miku Concert xD

This is what I would have liked to have done. If we aren't slammed with work, I think I'll try to get my friends to go to the dub (I really don't do dubs) and go all out with it.

I just wish my theater was packed. Very involved with the movie but not as much as I would have liked it to be.

Did anyone here go in NJ? Which theater did you go to and how packed was it? The one I went to was okay.
Mar 12, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2012
Wow. That was... good. I was surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response at first but after watching it I realise why. The movie's a real crowd pleaser in the sense when it's not doing its own thing its applying everything people liked about the series and ramping it up to 11.

I can't be bothered to make coherent paragraphs at the moment so I'll just do dot points to explain my thoughts.

- The scale of the movie is absolutely huge. Both the action and drama are heightened to a level much bigger than the TV series.

- There's a really good balance of emotional drama and solid action scenes. It's no wonder the movie is such a crowd pleaser.

- The animation is only slightly better than the TV series during the quiet scenes but the action scenes... BOI.

- Sound design is godly. Explosions, the clanging of swords and Kajiura's music sound amazing through the cinema speakers.

- Really solid world building. Not only is the setting they live in interesting, but it's incredibly believable too.

- Lots of real world locations in Tokyo (Many of which I've been to, so I felt pretty happy when I could spot them)

- Very topical without feeling corny or out of touch (Which is no small task, just ask the developers of Watch Dogs 2)

- Kirito is still boring but thankfully the emotional drama revolves around Asuna and other much more interesting characters

- For real though, Asuna was pretty cool in this movie

I was very close to giving this a 9/10 but there were a few dumb moments like Kirito's VERY quick rise to the top of the leaderboards. Plus the pacing, while methodical and deliberate, sometimes did falter a bit. But those are fairly minor issues.

I'll give it an 8.5/10.
Mar 12, 2017 1:30 PM

Oct 2012
I'm just gonna say that no matter how many flaws I see in the series, I still enjoyed it a lot and will continue to regardless.

k
IMO this movie was really good, definitely an enjoyable watch. It had all the cast returning, pretty awesome sword fights and choreography and it really went all in with Kirito x Asuna. I loved the focus on their relationship and smiled a lot seeing them talk about their future together.

I was a bit thrown off when Yuuki showed up during Asuna's attack, which I assume was Mother's Rosario, but I love seeing her anyways, she's one of my favorite characters.

Overall though I loved it, considering my skewed rating scale this is quite easily a 10 for me. I hate to keep gushing but seriously Kirito and Asuna have one the best relationships ever, and the scenes where they comforted each other like Kirito hugging Asuna and falling onto the bed was glorious. The kiss was glorious, all the hand holding was glorious, the ring was glorious, the shooting stars trip was glorious. Uh I love seeing them together.

Can't wait for season 3, or whatever continuation they're working on. Probably Alicization right?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 12, 2017 7:24 PM

Dec 2013
Ok yeah it was actually pretty decent of a movie.

There were quite a lot of cringey moments at the start of the movie but overall there were also a decent amount of feels and stuff. It was pretty epic for most of the fighting scenes, it actually made my whole body shiver.

The part where everybody came together was extremely emotional for me and that part was so touching. Man it also makes me sad because of what Kirito and Asuna have. That is something I wish for someday in real life ;_;
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 12, 2017 8:10 PM

Oct 2012
kingsheep812 said:
Man it also makes me sad because of what Kirito and Asuna have. That is something I wish for someday in real life ;_;
Man, don't we all? Apart from the fact that Kirito and Asuna have a legitimate, canon relationship, it was also developed so well in this movie, they have something really special right there, it was extremely satisfying and heart wrenching to see how well they know each other.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 12, 2017 10:11 PM

May 2014
Just came back from the theater :D

The animation and music were great. The sound effects and the battle scenes were so intense(maybe bc i was in the theater w).
But man Kirito is OP as ever lol. The speed at which he became good at AR battles was in an instant.

The end lol, SAO will return :p
Mar 13, 2017 9:59 PM

May 2013
Just saw it in theaters today!

I liked it :D Worth my $16.35 movie ticket lololol

It had the right amount of everything-- satisfying kiss scenes, KiritoXAsuna, Kirito badassery, action scenes, fanservice, humor, cheesiness.....
Good ^___^

I expected more from the after credit scenes, but whuttevs. Short and sweet, hah.

8/10 from me hehe
Kokoro_KotashimaMar 13, 2017 10:04 PM
Mar 14, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
My first time seeing an Anime movie in a main stream cinema and apart from the crazy preview advertisements about CGI babies and the Power Rangers but not even the crap looking Ghost in the Holleywood it was a very positive experience.
Mar 16, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2014
I know its off the topic, but..

Does anyone know where you can go and watch this? In my country we don't have it on the Cinema :(
Mar 16, 2017 1:02 PM
Feb 2017
Titan_Dome said:
I know its off the topic, but..

Does anyone know where you can go and watch this? In my country we don't have it on the Cinema :(

I'd also like to know, cinemas in my country don't release the anime movies either.
Mar 18, 2017 8:21 AM
Apr 2016
Rayla said:
I'm so happy I was able to get tickets for this movie, it was amazing and so worth the watch! Absolutely loved it, the final battle was hands down BEST BATTLE of the entire series!

Also, was anyone's theaters sold out on the movie? My theater sold out pretty fast, my friend who hadn't ordered a ticket online had to leave early since the tickets were sold out when she got there!

Yea the theater that I was in in sold out 3 weeks in advance, then moved the screening to a larger projection room, then sold out again...
Mar 18, 2017 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
Did I miss anything from the after credits? Walked out too early,
So far I got this from reading the forums
- Season 3 Announced (Possibly Alicization arc)
- Movie Dub Announced
Mar 18, 2017 8:49 PM

Sep 2015
The dirty look that Sinon kept giving Silica. LOL. It's like bitch you ain't even a main heroine and you think you can ride on Kirito's bike.
Mar 19, 2017 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
So much potential wasted but it was a pretty good movie. I found some parts of the movie stupid though.

Over all I did enjoy the movie. The last battle against the Aincrad boss on Floor 100 was what made it worth it. Kirito truly clearing Aincrad was the best feeling. The music was nice too

Klein screen time was great even if it's only for the beginning and end.

8/10
CEOAmaterasuMar 19, 2017 1:20 AM
Mar 19, 2017 12:32 PM
Aug 2015
The movie was amazing in my opinion. I wished it was a bit longer tbh LOL.

Anyways, I thought the soundtrack was on point for the movie (Y)
Mar 19, 2017 6:28 PM
Dec 2015
I enjoyed it. The action was on point, humor was great and used appropriately. Kinda disappointing Sugu took mostly a backseat though the movie but at least there was a reasonable reason.
The one thing that bugged me though was how Kirito went from like rank 80k to rank 9 in one night. That doesnt happen esp considering how many other players there were and how much experience the highest players must have had.
Overall gave it a 8/10, would have been a 9 if not for the things i mentioned.
Mar 22, 2017 4:12 AM

Sep 2015
Just watched it, enjoyed all the fight scenes, especially the Lv 100 Aincrad Boss. Short, but great fight XD. Wished it was longer... Yuna's songs are so so good T^T. Funny moments are there and really left the whole theater in stitches, the scene where Kirito hugged Asuna and they both fell onto her bed with his face squashed on her boobs though XD (this is supposed to be a touching scene, btw, but ended up being the funniest). Plot is okay, first half bored me but thankfully it picked up after Asuna became amnesiac.

Not sure if my country censored some scenes... what's Asuna's bath scene originally like? What I watched was the screen showing her head....then shampoo bottle... again with her head....
Mar 23, 2017 3:38 AM

Aug 2013
just back from the cinema
it's actually pretty good,
and that last boss fight was epic (yeah, the only good part from the s1 tv series too)
the story was ok tho
8/10
Mar 24, 2017 12:54 AM

Jul 2015
Well, I just watched it yesterday at cinema. As go without saying, the movie is pretty enjoyable tbh (even thou I got the front seat and can't enjoy it to the fullest).

Animation of this movie is top notch, as expected from a movie anime. Maybe the animation is almost 10/10 for me.

Soundtrack is not enough good. It still has Yuki Kajiura's composition but I found the ost is kinda a let down. Maybe because something like using kalafina's voice on SAO doesn't match to the situation. We can compare it with Fate/Zero battle ost. For the ost maybe 7/10.

Story, oh my oh mai. It is really so-so tbh. Can't get attached to the story. It is kinda cliche with some shit happens. For the story maybe 5/10. I feel sleepy on the middle part of the movie tbh.

I won't talk about the characters here. It is already a mess for me. But all in all, I still appreciate the animation of this anime and that fluid battle. Final score is 7.6/10 or I round it to 8/10
Mar 24, 2017 9:18 AM
May 2016
screw the hates and the haters. I love this! worth my time and money!
Everything is just well made, art, story, animation, battle scene.
10/10 would watch again.

my most favorite part has to be the moment when asuna use mother's rosario skill and then the shadow of yuuki appeared, and then switching to kirito with the starburst stream. i does bring back all memories from the 1st season. almost screaming there but i remember i was at the cinema.

pretty much understand the plot before it was explained in the story, because, well, easy to guess? dunno

I love it when kirito went all around the city farming the rank up to 9 then beat the shit out of eiji at the basement. eiji got what he deserve.
and the scene where they finally watch shooting stars together, ergh i wanna cry there.

SAO is the anime that brings me to this world. It will always have the special place in my heart.

And now, proceeding to the underworld!
Mar 27, 2017 4:09 AM
Jan 2016
This movie was great overall. Watching Ordinal Scale makes me remember how many years have been passed since the first eps of SAO and SAO 2 wkwk 4-5 years maybe.
Every component of this movie was great, the music(another LiSa's masterpiece), the relationship between Kirito, Asuna, Liz, Silica, Sinon, Leafa, Klein, and Agil was really nostalgic wkwkwk.
And the battle was really SAO style I think wkwk especially the last battle vs level 100 boss, and when Asuna used Yuuki's Mother Rosario...it's really great man. And the best part is...hint for season 3 maybe?? Wkwk
Mar 28, 2017 10:17 AM
Mar 2017
Alicization Arc hype?
Mar 31, 2017 8:08 AM
Apr 1, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2017
I've watched it in theater...Iam curious the player named Ramenman(rank 3). Anyone could tell me who the hell is he?
Apr 8, 2017 7:30 PM
Dec 2011
IS THIS FOR REAL!?

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/103269 (NSFW)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C85CUqxUIAABpIw.jpg

The bath scene will have fixes in the BD in which Asuna's nipple can be seen. There was even a nipple at the time of dubbing and could be seen a little even in the theatrical release version.

Also, I must say Asuna sure has grown.
Apr 19, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, I was somewhat wary going into this, as I wasn't really sure how well SAO could work as a movie. However, I have to say that I was completely surprised and enjoyed the film far more than I expected. The scope of the action scenes - especially the fight against the Floor 100 boss - certainly helped, but it's as much down to that as it is to how carefully and deliberately everything was developed to create a well-executed, coherent story that didn't quite go down the path I expected. It was also a good move to make the "villains" more sympathetic characters this time around (compared to, say, Sugou) and also to limit Kirito's usefulness for much of the movie. It was nice to see the other characters shine for once, at least until he shot up the rankings (the pacing of which is probably my only real complaint).

Overall, this movie succeeded in that I enjoyed it and, more than that, it well and truly revived my interest in the franchise at the whole, even if it does have its "quirks". Hell, everyone else enjoyed it so much that it got a resounding round of applause at the end, and the end-credits scene seemed to really excite people as well. Definitely hyped for season 3 or whatever it is that comes next, as I'm assuming that "Rath" thing is something related to Alicization.

9/10
Apr 19, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2015
Just saw the UK release, after hearing great things about it I wasn't disappointed. The action scenes were the highlight, especially the final boss which gave great closure to aincrad. The scene with Yuuna and Eiji towards the end was really touching, reminded me of the scene with Kirito and Asunas avatars walking away at the end of the first season.

I wasn't really a fan of the side characters though, Silica and Lisbeth continued to be useless and annoying and I don't see why they need to be in the franchise except to keep Kirito's harem alive

Overall a really entertaining movie that improved on the best parts of the original: 8/10
Apr 19, 2017 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
UK release today was worth the admission price.

Animation was high quality and the use of 3D wasn't jarring.

The fight scenes were beautifully designed with a rich environment - you could really sense the speed and fluidity of the battle. The ruby palace boss on level 100 was especially epic.

I like how they explained the Augmar tech and all its applications and I could easily see people playing games with and using it for various apps.

The Pacman game in the restaurant was nostalgic and the lol health warning for Lisbeth when she eats the cake.

Similar scenes with Silica and singing app was a nice and humorous touch as well.

The Asuna fan service was kinda amusing with the bath but the scene in the bedroom when Kirito has his face in her bust was meant to be serious emotional I assume but the whole audience just burst out laughing.

I think some pacing at the end was kinda rush with the whole you can full dive and Kirito gaining access to the op sword but it was nice to see some epic teamwork in the battles.

Also the antagonists you can kind of relate to instead of being an enigma or a complete douche.

The backstory for Ejii and Yuuna was touching and a fitting tribute to the side characters not mentioned before.

Kind of makes you think of the cannon fodder characters in other shows / movies.
AlliedGApr 23, 2017 1:41 PM
Apr 20, 2017 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
@AlliedG @champdude17 - Not sure about you's but was your cinema full for it like mine? They had to have 2 showings of it at the same time at the cinema I was at in Manchester because there was a big demand for it.

As for myself in regards to the film, I actually didn't mind it. I wasn't a big fan of things past a certain period in the original SAO but I felt this film was a nice pace.

There are parts that I felt to be predictable, but that might just be because I've watched alot of anime and can kinda see where things are going.

I really enjoyed the element of Kirito being unmotivated to play the game as well as not really wanting to particpate with AR.
Romance felt much more real and not almost tossed aside or cardboard like I felt was a problem with the normal series. Everyone in the cinema I was in got a good laugh out of the bedroom scene...Might just be us in the UK that cant help but laugh at that stuff xD .

Overall I didn't think it was fantastic, but it was by no means bad, worth the price I paid to go see it. Im sure it will naturally get hate on it because it's SAO and while I've heavily criticized the series for elements beforehand and problems in the series, I think credit should be given where its due instead of being mindlessly hated. (Yuki Kaijura once again on point with the soundtrack as she always is)
removed-userApr 20, 2017 2:15 AM
Apr 20, 2017 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
@RychesShadows In Newcastle there was just the one showing last night, it wasn't completely full but probably over 3/4. That being said whenever I've been to see an anime film in the past the cinema has never been half full. And the biggest laugh of the movie was also the bedroom scene.
Apr 20, 2017 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
@champdude17 - Its starting to become more prominent,least in Manchester which is a good sign regardless of peoples opinion on SAO , I remember going to see Resurrection of F and it being full as well.
Everyone had a good laugh at that bedroom scene for sure xD
Apr 21, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
Thank god UK had a second day of showing. Had to travel a bit further but it was worth it. Couldn't make the first release date cause work >_>.

Movie was pretty decent. A little disappointed with the last boss fight. Seemed rushed and not planned out. The only thing they really looked out for was the boss healing in terms of strats.

RychesShadows said:
Everyone in the cinema I was in got a good laugh out of the bedroom scene...Might just be us in the UK that cant help but laugh at that stuff xD .

Ye everyone in my showing laughed there too. xD
Apr 22, 2017 7:23 AM

Mar 2015
It was alright, Not the greatest thing ive ever watched, was surprisingly enjoyable, though i went in with little expectations. I counted a total of 23 "kirito-kuns~", how many did you guys count?

shout out to the girl who freaked out at the end credit scene saying "this is the only series i care about"
shout out to the guy who yelled out "sh*t taste" in a responce
Apr 23, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
@RychesShadows yeah was pretty packed at Odeon in Brighton, just one showing at 8:15 pm but I heard there was other showings in the city.

Despite the late, mid week showing, the cinema was pretty well.

If you're a fan of the series, the price of admission for 2 hours entertainment was worth it.
Apr 24, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2016
champdude17 said:
Just saw the UK release, after hearing great things about it I wasn't disappointed. The action scenes were the highlight, especially the final boss which gave great closure to aincrad. The scene with Yuuna and Eiji towards the end was really touching, reminded me of the scene with Kirito and Asunas avatars walking away at the end of the first season.

I wasn't really a fan of the side characters though, Silica and Lisbeth continued to be useless and annoying and I don't see why they need to be in the franchise except to keep Kirito's harem alive

Overall a really entertaining movie that improved on the best parts of the original: 8/10

There was never a harem in SAO.
May 22, 2017 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
It was a good experience in the cinema except for the direction. Too slow cuts during dialogues and too fast cuts during some of the action sequences.
It was nice to see pretty much everyone getting some shine, especially Yuuki, although that scene could have been done better. Yui was super useful though, which was great.
Also I loved all those Yuuna songs.
May 30, 2017 6:27 PM
Aug 2015
Can anyone tell from where can i download it ?
Jun 5, 2017 10:43 PM

Mar 2014
Was interesting to watch this after having played the PS4 games (why does every AI girl have to have her data tied to the final boss in SAO?? Looking at you Strea, lol)

Plus the garden in Yuna's flashbacks looked very similar to the one in Hollow Fragment, and ghost Yuna would be easier to explain as a Hollow NPC. The Ruby Palace as well was cool to see.

Was really nice to see all these details after experiencing them in the games.

Pretty cool having everyone going after the boss in the end (YUI WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POP OUT OF LEAFA'S CLEAVAGE THOUGH LOL)! And Kirito got that ridiculously OP Last Attack Bonus weapon to one-shot all the bosses in the stadium.

Funny inside-joke that the top rank was blank like in NGNL.

Couldn't help feeling some irony in the end when Eiji was betrayed by the professor to extract his memories. He helps the guy save her by stealing memories of her, so was he really so surprised the guy was gonna come after HIS memories at some point?

And the main lesson of the movie: never forget the nameless players that helped the front lines beat the game.
Jul 3, 2017 9:56 PM
Feb 2017
Vysarine said:
Was interesting to watch this after having played the PS4 games (why does every AI girl have to have her data tied to the final boss in SAO?? Looking at you Strea, lol)

Plus the garden in Yuna's flashbacks looked very similar to the one in Hollow Fragment, and ghost Yuna would be easier to explain as a Hollow NPC. The Ruby Palace as well was cool to see.

Was really nice to see all these details after experiencing them in the games.

Pretty cool having everyone going after the boss in the end (YUI WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POP OUT OF LEAFA'S CLEAVAGE THOUGH LOL)! And Kirito got that ridiculously OP Last Attack Bonus weapon to one-shot all the bosses in the stadium.

Funny inside-joke that the top rank was blank like in NGNL.

Couldn't help feeling some irony in the end when Eiji was betrayed by the professor to extract his memories. He helps the guy save her by stealing memories of her, so was he really so surprised the guy was gonna come after HIS memories at some point?

And the main lesson of the movie: never forget the nameless players that helped the front lines beat the game.

"And Kirito got that ridiculously OP Last Attack Bonus weapon to one-shot all the bosses in the stadium"

According to an interview with the director this scene was actually a shout out to a scene from one of his favorite movies, Digimon the Movie. Where Omnimon defeats Datamon
Jul 8, 2017 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
Everything when smooth until the prof Revealed his motive. He, as someone who developed this amazing augma, should be able to make brain scanning thing safer (with no throwbacks such as brain damage or partial amnesia) granted he prolly need another year or two, but it should be possible with how the anime explained the whole things. Then when augma and the systems ready, he can kindly asks close friends of Yuna (during SAO incident) to help him revives Yuna or whatever you call it. But no, he had to harm thousand of lives supposedly most were suffered traumatic exp from the same incident which took his daughter life. A rather weak motive for something which could turn into national incident.

But yeah overall the movie was a good watch with good animation and enjoyable story. I also enjoyed the osts quite a lot. 68/100 rounded to 7/10 from me.
Jul 17, 2017 12:14 AM

May 2012
wow that was awful, like even worse than I expected, nice. and as always kirito gets op asf for no reason at the end... 10/10 good writing
Sep 12, 2017 10:04 PM

Nov 2007
The movie was overall enjoyable.

tsubasaloverSep 30, 2017 9:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.