Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2016 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for ufotable's Touken Ranbu has launched, revealing partial staff members along with a key visual (pictured) for the upcoming series. Titled Katsugeki / Touken Ranbu, the anime will premiere in Summer 2017.

Staff
Director: Toshiyuki Shirai (Tales of Zestiria the X episode director)
Music: Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Work)

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: http://katsugeki-touken.com/
Official Twitter: @katsugekitouken

Source: Moca News
tsubasaloverDec 29, 2016 12:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 28, 2016 7:44 PM

Dec 2015
I'm hoping this will be some good action anime and not just a bishounen attraction for fujoshi girls.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 28, 2016 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
joe_g7 said:
I'm hoping this will be some good action anime and not just a bishounen attraction for fujoshi girls.

Well, it wouldn't be much of the case there. Honestly this would probably focus more on the story so at least perhaps they won't do what you don't want them to do. If that makes sense.
Dec 28, 2016 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
For the director wise this was actually a pretty good selection. I'm not very aware much of his roles but apparently this is his first time doing it actually? or legit being a director? And from the track record, the episodes he directed and such were pretty good based on my memory.

Hoping this does itself justice because I loved the game back when I played it, so I'm hoping this does well honestly (since they probably did the entire separation for this and Hanamaru in order to prevent to have another KanColle where they mixed the SoL with Seriousness and it didn't blend well)
Dec 28, 2016 8:05 PM

May 2016
Finally we have the season released!
Can't wait for ^^ My highest expectation for 2017.
Hanamaru was easily my favorite in 2016 too.
Dec 28, 2016 8:19 PM
Dec 2015
So good I can cry. I live for Mutsunokami and Kane-san lately so I'm glad to see them in the cover.

Still, is there another translation for "Katsugeki"? action picture seems weird for a title. I saw another meaning as "riotous scene" or scene of the riot. That sounds cooler and appropriate lol
Dec 28, 2016 10:19 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I'm so hyped for this! teaser alone has me too excited.
Dec 28, 2016 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
fuckk my boys are so gorgeous
I'm so glad they didn't do god eater animation
Dec 28, 2016 11:51 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like your typical Ufotable garbage that is all style, no substance (not to mention their style isn't even all that great in the first place).
Dec 29, 2016 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
AWWW YES, CANT WAIT. now, I'm waiting for my babes Enstars.
Dec 29, 2016 4:44 AM

Feb 2013
Ahh yess Mutsunokami looks really gorgeous ♥ can't wait!
Dec 29, 2016 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
xenovibe said:
Looks like your typical Ufotable garbage that is all style, no substance (not to mention their style isn't even all that great in the first place).

They never had any good style though. Their style is your typical generic anime but just high quality visuals and special effects. Its not helping the art style change of Type Moon/ufotable(after KNK and Zero) made the characters even look more generic and flat.
Dec 29, 2016 6:33 AM
Dec 2015
royaldocks said:
xenovibe said:

They never had any good style though. Their style is your typical generic anime but just high quality visuals and special effects. Its not helping the art style change of Type Moon/ufotable(after KNK and Zero) made the characters even look more generic and flat.

I'm not too familiar with ufotable but I trust in Touken Ranbu's art style (all character designs are unique and historically well-thought out)and based on this PV, I can see it translated well in ufotable's style. In terms of story, they can't do much damage as TouRabu's involves actual history from different periods so they'll at least put a decent story, albeit very likely convoluted in the eyes of the nonfans of the franchise.

Swordfights will be cool as expected based on Kane-san's scenes in this PV (that jump and thrust-strike).They'll have to be careful in distinguishing different swords' styles cause each type of swords is unique in battle, accounting g for their masters' quirk in fighting included.

Maybe we shouldn't just look at this as Ufotable's but also in Touken Ranbu's own unique qualities. Let's give it a chance .
Dec 29, 2016 6:57 AM

Nov 2014
Loyalty06 said:
royaldocks said:

I'm not too familiar with ufotable but I trust in Touken Ranbu's art style (all character designs are unique and historically well-thought out)and based on this PV, I can see it translated well in ufotable's style. In terms of story, they can't do much damage as TouRabu's involves actual history from different periods so they'll at least put a decent story, albeit very likely convoluted in the eyes of the nonfans of the franchise.

Swordfights will be cool as expected based on Kane-san's scenes in this PV (that jump and thrust-strike).They'll have to be careful in distinguishing different swords' styles cause each type of swords is unique in battle, accounting g for their masters' quirk in fighting included.

Maybe we shouldn't just look at this as Ufotable's but also in Touken Ranbu's own unique qualities. Let's give it a chance .

I never played it so I assume you are a fan of Touken Ranbu but to me the style looks very ufotable lol it looks exactly like Fate/unlimited Blade Works. Is this how their style is in the game too?(pointy chin, almost no nose,)
Dec 29, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Well I hope this version will be better than the Fall season version as that one felt underwhelming. Nice visual though, the quality of this so far looks better already.
Dec 29, 2016 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
royaldocks said:
Loyalty06 said:

I never played it so I assume you are a fan of Touken Ranbu but to me the style looks very ufotable lol it looks exactly like Fate/unlimited Blade Works. Is this how their style is in the game too?(pointy chin, almost no nose,)

I played the game so, basically they did well with how they basically look like + you are kinda right with one thing except for the other (they do have some pointy chin look but they do have noses in the game designs).

I can somehow see your point since it's pretty much the usual artstyle for Ufo but I do like how they did it anyways in all honestly. ^^ Maybe a personal bias a bit with it, perhaps.
Dec 29, 2016 9:39 AM
Dec 2015
royaldocks said:
Loyalty06 said:

Well, the game flagship's is "swords turn to Bishounen" so bishounen aesthetics can't be avoided. Though they do have shota and bara characters. They do have a nose (lol) but the art style is more of, "that's really pretty" and less of realistic features...but they do have good proportions. I'd say it's the mere coincidence that TouRabu's art style is almost identical to that of ufotable, though I believe fashion sense is better in TouRabu lol. I agree with everyone that the "blue filter" somehow makes it obvious that ufotable is involved.
Dec 29, 2016 10:42 AM

May 2011
Tales of Zestiria the X director ?
I should be prepared for the sh** that will come
The graphic looks EXACTLY the same as their other animes -_-
Dec 29, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Sonalisa said:
Tales of Zestiria the X director ?
I should be prepared for the sh** that will come
The graphic looks EXACTLY the same as their other animes -_-

It's Episode Director. Not actual director.

The director for Zestiria is Haruo Sotozaki (if Im correct on this)
Dec 29, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2015
Looks gorgeous, I'm hyped.
Dec 31, 2016 4:23 AM

Sep 2007
But what did i look three months ago ?
We have two Touken Ranbu ?
Jan 2, 2017 11:29 AM
Dec 2015
ShiroiRyu said:

Yes, one is a slice-of-life focused titled Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru by Dogakobo which aired this fall, and this an adaptation by ufotable (by the look of things, story-focused and action based on the Bakumatsu era) titled Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu.
Jan 4, 2017 1:10 AM

Nov 2007
ShiroiRyu said:
The initial news already announced that Touken Ranbu has two anime adaptations by two different studio.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.