Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2016 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
Amazon Japan listed that 11th volume of Super Lovers, which will go on sale on September 1, 2017, will bundle another OVA. Its second TV anime season will start on January 12, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11, TV Saitama, Chiba TV, tvk, TVQ Kyushu Housou, and Sun TV.

Super Lovers is a BL manga by Miyuki Abe and has been serialized in Emerald magazine since October 30, 2009. The manga currently has nine compiled volumes released, with the latest going on sale on April 30, 2016. The first season has aired this Spring, and the second season will be aired this upcoming January. An OVA bundled with the manga's tenth volume is also scheduled to go on sale on January 1, 2017.

Source: Ota☆Suke
Sakana-sanDec 18, 2016 11:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 17, 2016 10:12 PM

Jun 2015
OT: I didn't particuarly enjoy super lovers but i know a friend who did so ¯_(ツ)_/¯ this is useful for them

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazDec 18, 2016 3:27 PM
Dec 17, 2016 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Another OVA?! This is too much for my heart.

I really hope one day we will get to see the anime series of Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni Kike, other famous manga of Abe Miyuki Sensei. =)
Dec 17, 2016 10:19 PM

Dec 2011
YES MORE SUPER LOVERS MORE SUPER LOVERS.
This anime is just needs more love.
Ren looks so weird in the visual art.

Dec 17, 2016 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
oh, good. More to add on my ptw :D

and, i don't get why that person ABOVE said this anime is sexist crap but oh well haters will always gonna hate, lol.

Dec 18, 2016 1:10 AM
Feb 2015
If anyone isn't happy with the genre or anime and plan to come on this forum to insult then think twice, it's honestly pointless of saying shit it won't stop Yaoi from being made :) That said I'm really happy one of my favorite anime is getting so much love can't wait to see my beloved Haru back this month <3

ArdanazDec 18, 2016 3:27 PM
Dec 18, 2016 1:29 AM
May 2016
As a guy I can say that this was pretty enjoyable. By far the best 'bl' so i'm pretty excited for these 2 new announcements. The guy who said 'This is the cancer of the anime community' is not right but it is not my favourite. I have to admit though it was fun to watch... :|
Dec 18, 2016 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
10th and 11th Volume are going sales on 2017, DAMN WORK ON HAKKENDEN AS WELL WTF!!!

rainasu said:

I THOUGHT I'M THE ONLY ONE HAHAHA XD

ShockedDec 23, 2016 1:16 AM
Dec 18, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2015
Yaoi-Senpai said:
10th and 11th Volume are going sales on 2017, DAMN WORK ON HAKKENDEN AS WELL WTF!!!

Maybe SL is easier to write since it's slice of life-ish? Hakkenden meanwhile is filled with mysteries (kinda)

rainasu said:

I thought he looks like a little Aki lol XD
Dec 18, 2016 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
@Ioryogi-kun
I think it's because she's getting more money from Super Lovers, since the sales is high. Tho atleast 1 volume every year for hakkenden T_T
Last volume was on summer 2015.
Dec 18, 2016 3:33 AM

Sep 2015
Yaoi-Senpai said:
@Ioryogi-kun
I think it's because she's getting more money from Super Lovers, since the sales is high. Tho atleast 1 volume every year for hakkenden T_T

That was... long time ago O.O But Emerald releases three times a year right? Makes sense that there will only be one tankobon in a year. Between Hakkenden and Super Lovers, the former seems to be getting nowhere story-wise. But at least it releases steadily, unlike another title that seems to have hiatuses scheduled in once every three chapters *coughsurabokucoughs*
Ioryogi-kunDec 18, 2016 3:36 AM
Dec 18, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2016
Ioryogi-kun said:
That was... long time ago O.O But Emerald releases three times a year right? Makes sense that there will only be one tankobon in a year. Between Hakkenden and Super Lovers, the former seems to be getting nowhere story-wise. But at least it releases steadily, unlike another title that seems to have hiatuses scheduled in once every three chapters *coughsurabokucoughs*

Is UraBoku that slow in updating? I really enjoyed the anime, although I'm not expecting another season since I don't think it's that popular. But I'm not jumping onto the manga just yet.

Another OVA? I guess I'll be watching it lol
Dec 18, 2016 5:58 AM
Aug 2015
cool cool

can't wait for s2

i luv my bitch ren
Dec 18, 2016 6:07 AM

Sep 2015
@NanDemoNai_

January couldn't come sooner enough XD
Dec 18, 2016 6:23 AM

Sep 2015
Y'all I am nutting. I am so excited, I am hyped, hyped, hyped!!!!!

I am sooooo pre-ordering thissss 👁👅👁 I'M ON MY WAYYYY RIGHT NOW. I'll continue supporting Abe with all my being hmmm!!
Dec 18, 2016 6:35 AM

Mar 2016
Ioryogi-kun said:
@NanDemoNai_

Dec 18, 2016 6:41 AM

Sep 2015
Annnnnnnnd preordered!!!
Dec 18, 2016 7:18 AM
Sep 2015
when is boku no pico getting a sequel?
Dec 18, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2012
Author under the name Miyuki writes about brotherly love, oh lol, that sounds fun.
Dec 18, 2016 9:17 AM

Dec 2015
Oh, another OVA? I wasn't even aware there was already one oops.

And agreed that Ren looks weird in that visual, what's up with that?
Dec 18, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
DEEN saving yaoi anime.
Dec 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2015
Ahh this is gonna be great, I'm really happy to see more Super Lovers <3
Dec 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
It's announcements like these that really bring out the homophobic people. Go figure.

Anyway I didn't even know the first one is out, will watch that soon.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
I don't like the series that much to buy the manga with the ova but more BL is always good. When is deen going to give us a season 3 of Sekai ichi hatsukoi? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
FireEmblemIke24 said:
It's announcements like these that really bring out the homophobic people. Go figure.

well, i bet if both of them are moe girls i'm sure the reaction is the opposite, hypocrisy is at highest, haha...

Dec 18, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2015
I'm not expecting much out of it since there's always that audience filtering thing. The manga is way more graphic when it comes to the kinky scenes of course.
Dec 19, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Ikr?

then there are people like me who bitch about not having nearly enough Yuri adaptations compared to these Yaoi stuff...Life happens,shit happens...nothing you can do about it ;_;
Dec 19, 2016 2:15 AM

Sep 2015
I'm hoping for new content for the OVA. Considering volume 10's OVA will be based off the special chapters in the volumes.

I don't mind more OVAs cause every special is really funny and I think anime only watchers would enjoy them. Anyway, I'm really surprised at how fast Amazon JP got the second season's volumes up for preorder! I already ordered them of course since I really adore this series. Buying any sort of merchandise no matter how minimal or goofy it maybe, I have no qualms about it.

As for other fans, I suggest just ditching the discourse and bait people lay out and just support Super Lovers if you can.
Dec 19, 2016 6:09 AM

Oct 2011
This is such a shitty yaoi series, but I'm gonna watch every single thing that comes out for it lmao
Dec 19, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
Ioryogi-kun said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:
@Ioryogi-kun

No, Emerald release once a year. Sometimes twice a year. The big problem is HAKKENDEN is not licensed in English or available in illegal website, I'm dying just to know what's going on. :(
Dec 19, 2016 10:47 PM
Apr 2012
i dropped the anime part of the way through bevause i just couldnt take the age difference...esp since the kid was like under 18..
Dec 20, 2016 1:38 AM

Sep 2015
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Ioryogi-kun said:

No, Emerald release once a year. Sometimes twice a year. The big problem is HAKKENDEN is not licensed in English or available in illegal website, I'm dying just to know what's going on. :(

No, Emerald is released 3 times a year. Once in the winter, spring, and summer.

I already preordered the winter issue, it will be shipped out in 2 weeks when it's released.
Dec 20, 2016 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Kyofushibibi said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

I already preordered the winter issue, it will be shipped out in 2 weeks when it's released.

No, I guess you are talking about the magazine. You pre-order this right? I'm talking about the manga that is serliazed in Emerald magazine.

ShockedDec 23, 2016 1:17 AM
Dec 20, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Kyofushibibi said:

No, I guess you are talking about the magazine. You pre-order this right? I'm talking about the manga that is serliazed in Emerald magazine.
22nd

I was referring to the comment that said "Emerald releases 3 times a year." As for Hakkenden, sometimes there's a new chapter for it in Emerald and sometimes it's just a small short special chapter. At least Abe is still working on it ♡

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedDec 23, 2016 1:18 AM
Dec 20, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
@Kyofushibibi Oh, that's understandable now. Thanks. Oh I see, so sad, I wish I understood Japanese so that I can read them :( I did ask Yen press and Viz media if they can license it, but both of them said no because it's not requested by the fans. T_T
I hope we get 3rd season, REALLY MISSED THE SERIES.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to a deleted post.
ShockedDec 23, 2016 1:19 AM
Dec 20, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2015
[quote=Yaoi-Senpai]@Kyofushibibi Oh, that's understandable now. Thanks. Oh I see, so sad, I wish I understood Japanese so that I can read them :( I did ask Yen press and Viz media if they can license it, but both of them said no because it's not requested by the fans. T_T
I hope we get 3rd season, REALLY MISSED THE SERIES.

The series is sooo good! Abe really has a knack for character development. Ah that sucks, we can still hope for a 3rd season or more publications if Hakkenden somehow gets more popular. I feel like with SL being this popular, maybe more people started looking into Abe's other works? I did. I was surprised at how much I loved it ahaha.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedDec 23, 2016 1:19 AM
Dec 20, 2016 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
@Kyofushibibi I really really hope so. I actually love Hakkenden more than Super Lovers, the only reason I'm watching SL is because of Haru, I love him. For Hakkdenden, I love everything. The plot, characters relationship, Bromance everything. And yes, I hope her other work become popular. Definitely one of the best BL artist I've ever seen.
Dec 21, 2016 1:50 AM

Sep 2015
Yaoi-Senpai said:
@Kyofushibibi I really really hope so. I actually love Hakkenden more than Super Lovers, the only reason I'm watching SL is because of Haru, I love him. For Hakkdenden, I love everything. The plot, characters relationship, Bromance everything. And yes, I hope her other work become popular. Definitely one of the best BL artist I've ever seen.

I prefer SL over Hakkenden but oh my God, you're right. Abe is definitely one of my favorite artists ever, not just BL but her detail to animals. You can tell she really loves drawing them ahaha. I really love how she makes all her characters so...Pretty? Like Shino is so adorable while Haru is just beautiful.
Dec 21, 2016 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
Kyofushibibi said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

I prefer SL over Hakkenden but oh my God, you're right. Abe is definitely one of my favorite artists ever, not just BL but her detail to animals. You can tell she really loves drawing them ahaha. I really love how she makes all her characters so...Pretty? Like Shino is so adorable while Haru is just beautiful.

Exactly, everything is her art is clear and awesome. I swear if Haru was not gay and not in a relationship, I will marry him. Miyuki sensei love dogs and Incest XD
I would like to read her other works like "Lost child" but they are available in the old version, I want the new one. :(
Dec 22, 2016 10:08 PM

Nov 2013
I thought this was over....

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.