Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Just like S1 this forum will be VN players discussion and getting info on S2 before it comes out. When it airs Anime - Visual Novel Discussion (Major Spoilers) will be comes out in the forums.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 16, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
I almost created the new Anime - VN Discussion thread until I saw this xD. It's not even aired yet, so we'll stick around here until Jan. 14th comes.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
On another note, the 'Comedy' tag should be taken off for season 2
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 3:01 PM
Mar 2012
sanata50lbsb said:

I bet there will be more feecof.
Dec 16, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Abik said:
sanata50lbsb said:

I bet there will be more feecof.

Yeah... Too early to say they won't change the story.

I also bet "amazing" CGI monsters (familiars) like S1.
Dec 16, 2016 3:13 PM
Apr 2015
Maybe they'll make moon decent
Dec 16, 2016 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
Hm! havent watched the first season but the box art really hooking me to watch this! What do you think guys, will this season will be really good?
Dec 16, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
RKarim69f117 said:
Hm! havent watched the first season but the box art really hooking me to watch this! What do you think guys, will this season will be really good?

Considering they actually have something to base the anime off of now, I think it has a chance. They just need to step up the directing, art consistency, and script writing.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
sanata50lbsb said:

They just need to step up the directing, art consistency, and script writing.

you're basically saying they need to improve everything. I just don't see it happening, not with the same staff and studio.
Dec 16, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
I feel that they can't mess this up so badly given it's linear plotline, but then again shit can go wrong so I really hope this will be a faithful adaptation.
Dec 16, 2016 3:56 PM
May 2016
WhiteWaffles said:
I feel that they can't mess this up so badly given it's linear plotline, but then again shit can go wrong so I really hope this will be a faithful adaptation.
yeah, things will "probably" go just fine, moon was my favorite route (at the last time i played the game, but i have no clue why.. its not even the *best* just my favorite)
Couldn't find a signature from any other anime I watched related to the mal 2017 challenge other than this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 16, 2016 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
omg finally we have an entry for the second season now

anyway, I'm pretty sure this will be a lot better than S1, for obvious reasons.
Dec 16, 2016 4:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Anyone who played the VN will know that this will be a much superior season compared to the first, even if 8bit poorly adapts the routes. Let's just hope that they adapt these short routes as loyally as possible :D
Dec 16, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2014
How sad will it be that it's mainly just the VN readers who will watch season 2? After months of us scavenging for every bit of news after Charlotte ended and hyping up the anime to anime-onlies (even placing hope in 8bit over JC STAFF)? Good times.

The 1st season is so horrid that even I am not hyped. And I was pretty optimistic until the 4th episode.
Dec 16, 2016 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
2-3 episodes of moon and 8 episodes of Terra would make the most sense for S2 since it was confirmed that S2 would have 11 episodes. Since Moon route in the VN is 2-3 hours long while Terra route is 6-10 hours (depends on reader). The only problem I would say for S2 would be adding original scenes, the derps, CG filimars.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 16, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
If no more than 60% anime_onlys drops it after "the great CGI Moon battle" - then we can say that anime succeeded.
Dec 16, 2016 5:48 PM

Jun 2014
Ohhh boi I can't wait for the Grand CGI Battle
Dec 16, 2016 5:49 PM

Dec 2015
S1 was a completely mess with probably the most rushed story ever and characters never explained. However, i'll be watching S2 hoping some improvement because the source material seems good.
Dec 16, 2016 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
Bajar said:
sanata50lbsb said:

They just need to step up the directing, art consistency, and script writing.

you're basically saying they need to improve everything. I just don't see it happening, not with the same staff and studio.

I know, it's wishful thinking. The directing style isn't going to change unfortunately. As for the script writing, if they let Takahashi handle most of the episode scripts, it should be better. Aoshima wrote most of the scripts in season 1 and they were full of milked jokes, and strange shifts in tone (like the horrendous oppai grab in episode 13). The art consistency is a tossup because even though they had a season hiatus, we won't see a great step-up in quality. But if all 24 episodes ran straight through, we'd see the same inconsistencies we saw in season one. I'm predicting we'll at least see episode 13 quality of art through most of the episodes for Moon/Terra.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:

Because of this, the only thing I'm looking forward to in Moon is the Kagari dance, and the based acid trip. I hope that the CG is at least tolerable this time, perhaps if they blended a bit more like the Leaf Dragon/Krivoy Rog did, but that's probably wishful thinking as well.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 5:53 PM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
zaydgh123 said:

Because of this, the only thing I'm looking forward to in Moon is the Kagari dance, and the based acid trip. I hope that the CG is at least tolerable this time, perhaps if they blended a bit more like the Leaf Dragon/Krivoy Rog did, but that's probably wishful thinking as well.

imagine the dance scene being animated entirely by NNK. BOUNCE FTW
Dec 16, 2016 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

DAWG. That's all I could ask for in Moon. NNK, PLZ ONEGAISHIMASU DO DIS
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
zaydgh123 said:

he has done a slightly similar scene before with Tensho's storyboards
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/15226
Dec 16, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

HORI SHITTO DAYO!
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
zaydgh123 said:

HORI SHITTO DAYO!

if Kotarou and Kagari's dance looks like that I will cry for 72 hours straight
Dec 16, 2016 5:59 PM
Aug 2010
izik1 said:
WhiteWaffles said:
yeah, things will "probably" go just fine, moon was my favorite route (at the last time i played the game, but i have no clue why.. its not even the *best* just my favorite)

Same here, for me Moon created such amount of hype for terra, that in the end terra felt underwhelming, (even if it really was the best route)
Dec 16, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
sanata50lbsb said:

HORI SHITTO DAYO!

if Kotarou and Kagari's dance looks like that I will cry for 72 hours straight

I will happily join you for those 72 hours
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 16, 2016 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
tbh idk if the acid trip will look really good, I mean the show has some moments with great shots and decent directing but making the acid trip looks weird af and amusing will be a challenge, I hope that Tensho will call some of his White Fox comrades like he did for Ep5 where he brought the director of "Devil is a part-timer" to storyboard it, the scared faces and the shots on that ep were brilliant.
Dec 16, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
They will not do the VN justice, they'll make a decent adaptation.

The grand CGI battle is not gonna be an impact for people because NOBODY KNOWS WHO KASHIMA SAKURAI IS.

Only VN readers will love this..
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 16, 2016 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
Takamura-sama said:

The grand CGI battle is not gonna be an impact for people because NOBODY KNOWS WHO KASHIMA SAKURAI IS.

Kashima sakura has already shown up a lot, and even if it was just few minutes the history of the holy woman was told properly told in the beginning of ep 11

but yeah the impact will still be low for the anime-onlys since the anime wasn't really a decent way to get into Rewrite and its characters, but there are some few people who managed to understand a lot from the anime by reading between the lines (AH Brandon) but for the majority of people that have an attention-span of a fish? nope
Dec 16, 2016 9:54 PM
Feb 2008
Looking at the promo image I immediately thought "Looking quite cool there, Mr. Bond".
Dec 16, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2007
I'm hyped for moon, since I enjoyed it the most in the VN, it had that unique mindfuck feel. As for Terra, I always felt animating it will truly bring it to life. If the team has much less constraints unlike the first season, it might turn out to be Rakuen quality, also because the routes are complelty linear.

But hey, even if they screw this up, I would never go on a silly crusade against 8bit.
I enjoyed the heck of Rewrite as a VN almost 5 years ago, so I feel the anime is a bonus. Rewrite is super hard to adapt to anime anyway.
DeadIEndDec 16, 2016 10:38 PM
Dec 16, 2016 11:57 PM

Jul 2015
Takamura-sama said:

Well... At this point (Moon route), we (vn readers) didn't know Kashima Sakura either, she was just mentioned during Akane route.
Dec 17, 2016 12:09 AM

Jul 2015
Rewrite is my personal choice for greatest disappointment of 2016. Such clusterfuck and incomprehensible plot. Started as "Nisekoi", ended as "Blood-C". I hope 2nd season will be at least decent. I'll approach with caution.

Dec 17, 2016 2:20 AM

May 2014
Well, Rewrite kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul in a way that original material is great, but adaptations are such trashes that I cannot properly describe them without breaking rules of this forum...

Anyway, why do people hate Moon so much? Personally I enjoyed that route a lot. Sure it had problems, but it was still not that bad. The ending of the route, at least from my point of view, was better than Kotori's or Shizuru's route.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
Oh god no
Dec 17, 2016 3:19 AM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:

Well, it's 8bit, so you never know...
The whole thing will probably be laughable.
Dec 17, 2016 4:20 AM
Dec 2014
The problem with the anime is that they made the ending of s1 look so much similar to the ending of terra!
I know the ending of terra is way more better (with kotarou fighting the earth dragon and jumping from the building) but the main idea is the same, it won't have the same impact in the novel
Dec 17, 2016 4:23 AM
Dec 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Oh god...please
Can you just get the hell out of the forum for s2 ?
You really ruined s1 more than it is ruined XD
Dec 17, 2016 5:28 AM

Apr 2015
zaidk said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Oh god...please

(Of course I can... but I won't.)
Dec 17, 2016 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
zaidk said:

Oh god...please

(Of course I can... but I won't.)

Gotrys plz stay!!
Dec 17, 2016 5:44 AM

Jun 2015
Pochi_ said:
Takamura-sama said:

Well... At this point (Moon route), we (vn readers) didn't know Kashima Sakura either, she was just mentioned during Akane route.

Mentioned? Nah we got to see a lot of her at the akane route
Only suzaku was mentioned
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 17, 2016 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Since I'm pretty busy at the moment with the amount of playing I've been doing recently (playing a video game right now), I'll keep into it and see how it goes from here. Not that excited but I want to see the outcome to it since it's the two true routes in the end. I think it would be fine but... I'm not too sure. Who knows.

(Please do not disturb me from here too much because I'm going to play until further notice with a game I got for Christmas)
Dec 17, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2015
SymphoniacTippy said:
Since I'm pretty busy at the moment with the amount of playing I've been doing recently (playing a video game right now), I'll keep into it and see how it goes from here. Not that excited but I want to see the outcome to it since it's the two true routes in the end. I think it would be fine but... I'm not too sure. Who knows.

(Please do not disturb me from here too much because I'm going to play until further notice with a game I got for Christmas)

I want to disturb you with one question - what game?
Dec 17, 2016 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

I want to disturb you with one question - what game?

If you want to know without taking away the main topic discussion (I won't go and discuss it here because this is not the game discussion lol) I posted it on your wall instead, gonna edit this since it has no relation to it of course so I don't want to derail it.
removed-userDec 17, 2016 8:55 AM
Dec 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Feb 2014
Ya guys, this is gonna fucking blow lol. Same staff as last time? No way this will be any good at all! Ok maybe I'm jumping the gun, but after actually thinking that 8bit and the Grisaia director could possibly do a decent job adapting this (oh silly me), I think I'll keep all expectations deep in the mud, where they should have been in the first place.

RIP Moon and Terra

exleader75 said:
How sad will it be that it's mainly just the VN readers who will watch season 2? After months of us scavenging for every bit of news after Charlotte ended and hyping up the anime to anime-onlies (even placing hope in 8bit over JC STAFF)? Good times.

The 1st season is so horrid that even I am not hyped. And I was pretty optimistic until the 4th episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was since the first season was a fucking mess and a half. If I was an anime only, I'd probably not watch the second season.

Adn ya tell me about it bud, I was in the same boat. I actually thought the anime had a chance, god was I wrong. Yep, up till episode 4 I still had some hope but that crashed and burned quickly. This sums up my progression through the anime pretty well:

Even if this is somehow a decent adaptation, it won't mean as much because it didn't have a quarter of the foreshadow and build up that the VN had. We barely know anything about the characters so Moon is gonna just seem really out of place.
Dec 17, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
LoomyTheBrew said:
Ya guys, this is gonna fucking blow lol. Same staff as last time? No way this will be any good at all! Ok maybe I'm jumping the gun, but after [i]actually[i] thinking that 8bit and the Grisaia director could actually do a decent job adapting this, I think I'll keep all expectations deep in the mud, where they should have been in the first place.

RIP Moon and Terra

exleader75 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was since the first season was a fucking mess and a half. If I was an anime only, I'd probably not watch the second season.

Adn ya tell me about it bud, I was in the same boat. I actually thought the anime had a chance, god was I wrong. Yep, up till episode 4 I still had some hope but that crashed and burned quickly.

Even if this is somehow a decent adaptation, it won't mean as much because it didn't have a quarter of the foreshadow and build up that the VN had. We barely know anything about the characters so Moon is gonna just seem really out of place.

Yup! This... sadly. There's no hope for this ...thing either way.
Dec 17, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Yup! This... sadly. There's no hope for this ...thing either way.

Exactly! The best thing we can do is bring out the popcorn and watch it crash and burn. The popcorn is on me!
Dec 17, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2016
~Hope to behold the same movement in discussions boards as it was set during the first season. And yes, Terra was affluent for the descriptions of violence and multifarious cadavers, interesting how they are going to present dulcet exsanguinations in the anime~
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Dec 17, 2016 7:26 PM
Jun 2015
Nobody like the first season? I feel like Danganronpa all over again, when everybody hated the first adaptation because "it did not did justice to the first game" but I was reading thinking, it was pretty well done......
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.