Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 5:56 AM

Jan 2016
» Read a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai manga

Is a yaoi and yuri genre manga fine or does it has to be one of those three?

Jul 2, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Yaohon said:
» Read a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai manga

Is a yaoi and yuri genre manga fine or does it has to be one of those three?

I believe the stuff tagged yaoi/yuri is H stuff. And as stuff in the hentai tag can't be substituted for ecchi, I'm gonna say you can't substitute the other 2 either.
Jul 2, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
Hey, could sm1 rec me smth for the read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic part? Ideal would be some action / power manga with a female protag. Not... too ecchi, please. Ideally not ecchi at all.
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
Jul 2, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
March Story(if you can find it)
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Amanchu(if you read ongping)
Gunnm
@doitagain
AudioTsunamiJul 2, 2016 6:52 AM
Jul 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
@AudioTsunami
Thanks a bunch!
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
Jul 2, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
@AudioTsunami, Thank you for giving me an answer to my question.

Would anyone be able to give a recommend a manga for the "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant"

Jul 2, 2016 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
Yaohon said:
@AudioTsunami, Thank you for giving me an answer to my question.

Would anyone be able to give a recommend a manga for the "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant"

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Seven Days
Solanin
Jul 5, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
Hey there! I signed up for a medium challenge but life intervened. Could I possibly switch to an Easy challenge?
Jul 5, 2016 3:53 AM

Mar 2013
Transience said:
Hey there! I signed up for a medium challenge but life intervened. Could I possibly switch to an Easy challenge?

Yeah of course. Just edit the difficulty and complete just the number of categories required for easy. My advice would be to leave all the categories open as if you were doing hard, then once you fill 20, just delete all the excess. And who knows, there is still 5 months left so you could still take a shot at medium if you read shorter series.

Good Luck!
Jul 5, 2016 4:10 AM

Jan 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Transience said:

Yeah of course. Just edit the difficulty and complete just the number of categories required for easy. My advice would be to leave all the categories open as if you were doing hard, then once you fill 20, just delete all the excess. And who knows, there is still 5 months left so you could still take a shot at medium if you read shorter series.

Good Luck!
Ah, okay! Thanks for that! :D
Jul 7, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2014
could I get something for this one~
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

something completed - as in completely translated - and under 100 chapters
no harem, ecchi, shounen ai or mecha pls i dont wanna torture myself more

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Dec 2010
Intense said:
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

Since you seem to like shoujo and josei, I'll try mentioning some of my favorites:
Honey and Clover
Strobe Edge
Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume
Ouran High School Host Club
Ng Life, from the same author of Yona
Jul 7, 2016 7:04 PM

May 2014
Kella said:
Intense said:

Since you seem to like shoujo and josei, I'll try mentioning some of my favorites:
Honey and Clover
Strobe Edge
Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume
Ouran High School Host Club
Ng Life, from the same author of Yona

I've had Strobe Edge on my ptr for a while now, so I guess I'll use that one, thanks c:
they all seem like worth a read though so I'll probably read them eventually~

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 8, 2016 10:17 PM

Feb 2015
Is there a manga that started in 2015 and is already completed? Thanks!

I prefer it's not a oneshot.
Jul 9, 2016 6:22 AM

Apr 2014
Joms said:
I was using the "manga search" system to help you with that, but I didn't found anything significant to recommend, sadly.
Hmm.. well I can still think of two things :
- I saw "I am a hero" in your "plan to read", so maybe you could try reading the spin-off I am a Hero in Osaka ? It could give you a sort of preview of the original manga and the overal "mood" of it (the characters are not the same, so no risk of spoiling).
- I know it's a one-shot (and very short), but still, there is Bakemono Recchan (I saw it's in your plan to read aswell). Asano always deliver after all.

Good luck with your manga searching.
Jul 9, 2016 7:40 AM

Mar 2013
Joms said:

Dhaldot no Akujiki Musume is a uh,,,"two-shot"

But other than what the guy above named and Dhaldot, all I can suggest is going to mangaupdates.com, picking a genre you like, sorting by year, going to wherever 2015 starts and just checking every title to see if it's completed and sounds interesting and is translated. It's an ardous task, but sometimes that's the price we pay for working against so many factors to find something(time, availability, translation, ect)
Jul 23, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
When I came to the forum searching for this thread, I looked back and forth, scrolling the page, only to see that it wasn't there, but on the second page.. I don't understand why this thread isn't in the sticky section.
It kind of made me sad to be honest, because I think here is quite a wonderful place to exchange about manga and our reading progress and all. It shouldn't be only to ask for recommendation but also to have a little reading community enjoying the challenge together, or something. I really value this place for that.
(Maybe it's because nobody read manga in summer vacation ? ^^ who know..)

So, I come back from finishing reading Subaru, and it was an extremely enjoyable read. Really.
I thought about doing a review of it, but I know it would be very exausting to do considering the amount of stuff that could be said about it.
So, in short (not so short, but well..)

Anyway, I hope we'll see more comment in the thread during this summer, because it kind of is the only real place to have civilized conversation about manga, here in the forum of MyAnimeList. huhu
DullboyJul 24, 2016 10:04 AM
Jul 24, 2016 5:27 AM

Oct 2007
I'm finally back. Sorry for the wait to everyone who's had their completed challenge for review. I had a computer problem and couldn't be back until now. Lots of thanks to @AudioTsunami for doing such a wonderful job helping out with the discussion questions.

@Dullboy This year it was decided to be left without sticky because the sticky posts are usually rules and the challenges don't fall into that category. Since the challenge posts are more popular this year, they're usually on the first page anyway and you can go to the discussion thread by the link on the challenge thread if you can't find it anywhere else. The manga discussion thread is way more quiet than the anime counterpart.

Subaru sounds interesting! I had never heard about it or seen it before. I'll try to check it out.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jul 25, 2016 7:12 AM

Dec 2008
@Dullboy
Thank you for the summary/review of Subaru. It sounds really interesting and I had not heard about it before. I'm definitely checking it out.
Aug 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2010
Here I am, it's finally my turn to ask for a recommendation for this challenge:
Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

I'd prefer something 2-3 volumes long since I don't have much time to read now. Preferably no ecchi and harem.
Here is my signup form. Thank you in advance!
Aug 2, 2016 7:00 AM

Mar 2013
Anny said:
Here I am, it's finally my turn to ask for a recommendation for this challenge:
Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

I'd prefer something 2-3 volumes long since I don't have much time to read now. Preferably no ecchi and harem.
Here is my signup form. Thank you in advance!

Densha Otoko is only 3 volumes
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is only 1 volume.
Aug 4, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
Slightly odd question: Can i add a category like epic poem or something similar for the Read a manga adapted from a video game, original anime or light novel challenge? While browsing for some new manga I found Dante Shinkyoku, which is, as you might have guess, a manga adaptation of Dante Alighieri's classic work The Divine Comedy. I'm asking this only because we can use novels for the anime challenge and it's not that often that you have such a highly regarded work as the source material.
Aug 5, 2016 10:49 AM

Dec 2010
@AudioTsunami, @dream_eater1012

Thank you both!
So, I think I'll read Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan for this challenge (looks like every manga-reader on this site has already read it except me..), and Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku for another challenge I still have to complete.
Thanks~
Aug 6, 2016 9:27 AM
Aug 2013
Could i get a recommendation for this challenge please?
Needs to be short and completed.
Aug 6, 2016 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
Pururin said:
Could i get a recommendation for this challenge please?
Needs to be short and completed.

Densha Otoko
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku
Aug 7, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
Hello, if I started a manga a couple of Days before the challenge I could still use it to fill the item??

These mangas are:
Lost Canvas Gaiden about Ch,50
Love Hina about vol 2
Stealth Symphony about Ch5

In the LightNovel department it has to be a full series of Light Novels or with one Volume is alright?
Aug 7, 2016 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
SilverDio said:
Hello, if I started a manga a couple of Days before the challenge I could still use it to fill the item??

These mangas are:
Lost Canvas Gaiden about Ch,50
Love Hina about vol 2
Stealth Symphony about Ch5

In the LightNovel department it has to be a full series of Light Novels or with one Volume is alright?

If I recall correctly, if you started a manga before you posted the challenge, it may be used to fill the item, but only if it was in 2016. If you started them in 2015, they can't be used.

In the LN department, one volume is enough.
Aug 7, 2016 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
HeNrYTG50 said:

If I recall correctly, if you started a manga before you posted the challenge, it may be used to fill the item, but only if it was in 2016. If you started them in 2015, they can't be used.

Thank you.

So I can include all the mangas I have read in 2016? That will make this a lot easier.
Aug 7, 2016 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
SilverDio said:
HeNrYTG50 said:

Thank you.

So I can include all the mangas I have read in 2016? That will make this a lot easier.

All manga you started in 2016, yes. :)
Aug 9, 2016 12:25 AM
Mar 2015
Challenge & MAL related
 » Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge

Can somebody help me out with this? Please recommend a manga that you liked. Any genre is ok but I would prefer if the manga was not set in school.

Also the manga must have a happy ending and must be complete + fully translated in english. Thanks.
Aug 9, 2016 2:44 AM

Mar 2013
lequack said:
Challenge & MAL related
 » Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge

Can somebody help me out with this? Please recommend a manga that you liked. Any genre is ok but I would prefer if the manga was not set in school.

Also the manga must have a happy ending and must be complete + fully translated in english. Thanks.

Densha Otoko. It's awesome. I read it.
Aug 9, 2016 2:51 AM
Mar 2015
AudioTsunami said:
lequack said:

Densha Otoko. It's awesome. I read it.

Thank you. It looks great.
Aug 23, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
Hello I need a recommendation for the challenge. I like a wide variety of genres just not Yuri, Historical, Or Mecha. I want the recommendation to be under 40 chapters long and completed.
Aug 29, 2016 4:00 AM

May 2015
Hey I have a question about the bonus challenge stuff.
It might sound stupid but one of them was to catch up to a long running manga with 300+ chapters. I read bleach, is it still count? because the manga finished.
Aug 29, 2016 4:44 AM

Mar 2013
Did you catch up before or after it finished?
Aug 29, 2016 8:48 AM

May 2015
AudioTsunami said:
Did you catch up before or after it finished?

Like a week before I finished. Don't know if MAL has the dates though
Aug 29, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
If you caught up before it's good, if it finished first, it's not.
Aug 29, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really know, but I thought it had to be ongoing by the time you finished the challenge.
Aug 29, 2016 7:38 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
So for "Start and catch up to an on-going long-running (300+) series" I was planing on reading Magi. But it might end before I end up "catching up" with it. Would it still count for this challenge?
Aug 30, 2016 7:59 PM

Oct 2007
@TakeruChan @Brand Well, it was supposed to be on-going until the time you finished the challenge, not necessarily until the end of the year. I'll only count it if it's still being scanlated. It's just a bonus challenge, but I know there are completionists out there. Let me think about it for a little longer to see if there's a way to get around it. I guess using dates would help, but I'm not sure... Let me think about it for a couple of days. Sorry.

@momokusheila they're pushing the chapter count, but what about Sakamichi no Apollon or Prunus Girl?
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 31, 2016 12:35 AM

May 2015
@tsuyokunaru No problem, meanwhile I have it written there, but if there would be a problem I would delete this.
Aug 31, 2016 5:51 AM

Jan 2015
Challenge & MAL related

Please recommend a manga that you liked. Any genre is ok. I prefer short story (1-3 vol.)
Aug 31, 2016 6:52 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@tsuyokunaru Thanks. I guess I should have started on that one sooner rather than later. But it was my only real pick for this one when I choose my reading material in the beginning of the year, and did not know it was going to end. LOL. Of course I choose the one that is going to end this year.

I was hoping to actually get through the whole manga challenge twice this year. Ha ha, that isn't going to happen. >_> I've been busy really! Though I think I took on both longer anime and manga this year then I did last year.

@JankesS You really liked another Usamaru Furuya so my rec would be Genkaku Picasso. I loved it and it is only three volumes long.
Aug 31, 2016 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
@Brand Thanks. Certainly I read it :)
Aug 31, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
Challenge & MAL related

If someone can help me out with this, I'd very much appreciate it ~
I'm not very picky; just a series that's completely scanslated is enough for me (':

Thanks in advance!
Aug 31, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
@Brand Yeah, I've been crazy busy lately and also have tried to tackle longer stuff and has taken me so long! By the way, is Genkaku Picasso completely scanlated? I've been trying to find that and Usamaru's version of No Longer Human but I have only found incomplete versions.

@5shin What about Hoshi no Samidare?
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 31, 2016 12:56 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@tsuyokunaru

Not sure, but both of those series got an English releases. Genkaku Picasso from Viz and it is still pretty much cover price. No Longer Human is sadly OOP and expensive (though I think it still shows up at that one discount booth at anime cons sometimes). I lucked out, I bought it when I still bought when it was new. At a time when I pretty much bought everything Vertical released. I just didn't get around to reading it till this year.
Aug 31, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
@Brand thanks for the speedy reply.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 31, 2016 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
tsuyokunaru said:
I've been trying to find that and Usamaru's version of No Longer Human but I have only found incomplete versions.

I recently read Usamaru's No Longer Human, so feel free to ask me where. ;)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
1 hour ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.