Forums

Second Season of 'Boku no Hero Academia' Announced

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 23, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Oh, I was having such a down day.

But, this stuck such a smile on my face :D

We need these kinds of shows because they can really uplift people and push them through the hard times they go through everyday.

I am always amazed that a community that has opened up and accepted such a creative animation form that is known as anime are so quick to build walls and create divisions.

The Dub is always bad! Shounen Series are all bad! Come on guys; seriously?

If you have a personal preference that's perfectly fine but no one should put down other people's preferences and if it really bothers you so much then don't comment on sections that deliver great news like Season 2. Go and make your own thread on how the show is disappointing or how it is generic and type to your heart's content.

And maybe have an open mind don't just write off a genre or series until you give it a fair chance.

But, that's my two cents :D anime and manga has helped me so much in my life and I do mean all kinds of anime from Dubs to Subs to Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Josei, all of them so never close a door in the anime world you never know what you might find :)

Jun 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
I'm not really surprised...
It's really good , i don't see why they wouldn't try to make more money out of it .
Jun 23, 2016 3:59 PM

May 2015
Would have preferred one punch man or any other but I guess this is ok too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2016 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
Yesssssssssssssssssssss :D
Jun 23, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2015
With all the previous threads about BNH not doing well in Japan and all the talk about the low ratings, this news about BNH getting a second season is a (welcoming) surprise to me. I'm looking forward to it!
...At least let me finish.

Jun 23, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
MoonStar9 said:

That's just one example. I'll probably rate this anime adaptation a 6.5. They should have waited instead of rushing to adapt the manga when there was only 41 chapters out for a weekly series like MHA. Hopefully now that a lot more chapters have been released since then the pacing will also be better. At currently 12 episodes in they have only adapted 19 chapters of the manga, and for a long running shounen that's barely anything to get the series started. I also hope the animation in season 2 remains on par with episodes 1 and 2 of season 1.

Fixed. They've adapted 19 chapters, not 17.
Jun 23, 2016 4:48 PM
Aug 2013
Good news indeed, excited for more BNHA.
Jun 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Jul 2015
YES one of the top animes this season gets second season. amazing!
Jun 23, 2016 5:21 PM

May 2014
Z4k said:
That's good news. Hopefully they pick up the pace and adapt more chapters this time.

Let's pray it would has 24 episodes, shall we?

Jun 23, 2016 5:35 PM

Jun 2016
This is great news! i honestly already knew about this since they did the same with noragami where the first season was already good but had a lot of questions unanswered and many characters that didn't have as much screentime.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jun 23, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
@MoonStar9
What are you even reading? The manga got 96 chapters this week, so what was that 45 chapters?
The anime almost got the same pacing as the manga, yes it's quite slower but it's because they cant rush it since they are only adapting the intro.
And yes, the art on the manga was better, but they can always fix/improve it on BD/BluRays, so if you don't like it just read the manga instead.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 23, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2010
Good, only 12 episodes for the manga would have been lame.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 23, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2013
Wonderful news!

Now I'm conflicted on whether I should continue onto the manga after S1 is over or wait until whenever S2 is out XD
Jun 24, 2016 12:18 AM

Jun 2016
Haven't seen first season yet...

Welp it's time to binge for 5 hours straight...
SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

Jun 24, 2016 12:47 AM

Mar 2013
We already know it is going to happen but still great news ! ^^^^
Jun 24, 2016 1:51 AM

Mar 2016
i just need to know the airing date to be more satisfied with this news ;-;
Jun 24, 2016 2:56 AM
Nov 2015
yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
finally I was waiting for this !!

hope the animation be longer than 13 xD but for me the animation was top and amazing !!! almost like the manga

waiting for the date of airing
Jun 24, 2016 3:11 AM

Feb 2016
Its better if you read the manga more than the anime.

Jun 24, 2016 3:23 AM

Jun 2008
Was just waiting for this to be announced.
Jun 24, 2016 9:02 AM
Oct 2015
Fai said:
instead of just having a crybaby MC whine and cry for 5454 episodes on repeat.
Invalid argument. Izuku is no longer a crybaby at this point.
Jun 24, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2007
Ryuutobi said:
Fai said:
instead of just having a crybaby MC whine and cry for 5454 episodes on repeat.
Invalid argument. Izuku is no longer a crybaby at this point.

You know, introductory phase in narrative should make people care and like the protagonist, not despise him and want the repeated use of the same trope to end.

The fact that beyond all crying he is pretty much copypaste shonen protag does not help that.

Bones had a whole season to make him interesting or to tell an anime-only viewer on WHY they should care about the show and why the show is unique somehow. They failed at that, easy and simple. All the first season told the viewer is that it is VERRRY slow, has bland supporting cast and typical MC and very repetitive typical shonen narrative, with , for some reason, Superhero setting(which is not even used to any extent beyond being a window dressing).

All tat Boku Hero teaches us is that if you cry whine and tryhard long enough, you will be handed out asspull powers on silver platter and will somehow want to befriend an edgy sociopath bully childhood rival. The narrative starts and stops there. Oh wait, isn't that literally copy pasta of Naruto's narrative which falls apart for same reasons...

As far as narrative goes, Boku Hero does not have anything that makes it stand out from the competition(or the genre norm for that matter even if we dont compare it to conceptually more mature and superior works)
AhenshihaelJun 24, 2016 9:21 AM
Jun 24, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
I can't wait for it.....
Jun 24, 2016 9:59 AM

May 2015
Cool news I guess, since we'll be moving on to the more interesting arcs. Shame it can't just be a long running show with the pacing Bones is producing...

Jun 24, 2016 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
NOBODY SAW THIS COMING!!! Kappa Kappa
Jun 24, 2016 10:40 AM

Nov 2014
No wonder, the show was so great.

Jun 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2015
This is news I want. Hyped !
Jun 24, 2016 11:48 AM
Oct 2015
Fai said:
You know, introductory phase in narrative should make people care and like the protagonist
Just your opinion. Introductory phase means to introduce the settings, characters, & general plot. No more, no less. The settings, characters, & plot introduced may be to your liking or they may not. It's as simple as that.

Fai said:
The fact that beyond all crying he is pretty much copypaste shonen protag does not help that.
Not true. Most shounen protags act without much thinking which is not the case with Izuku. In fact, there are times when he thinks too much. The trait that he shares with many other shounen protags is hardworking only.

Fai said:
All the first season told the viewer is that it is VERRRY slow,
It's slow because the author cares about minute details. Also, there are slower shows out there.

Fai said:
has bland supporting cast
Nah, they simply hadn't had enough screentime.

Fai said:
All tat Boku Hero teaches us is that if you cry whine and tryhard long enough, you will be handed out asspull powers on silver platter
You can't call it handed on silver plate when there's enough work before that. It's just like someone who dedicated himself to clean the beach near his place & after sometimes he received an award because an NGO that cares for nature noticed him. No one can say that he doesn't deserve that award.

Also, you can't call something an asspull when there's enough foreshadowing before it comes into play.
Jun 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
Can't wait, found the first season surprisingly good !
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jun 24, 2016 8:01 PM

Sep 2014
Oh nice. That was to be expected with the way S1 ends.
Jun 24, 2016 9:15 PM

Jul 2008
Good to see another great series getting another season :D
Jun 24, 2016 11:13 PM

Apr 2013
FUCK YEEEEEEES!!!

THE SPORTS FESTIVAL, ONE OF MY FAVOURITES ARC WILL BE ANIMATED!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
Can't wait for another 15 chapters being adapted into 11 painfully slow mediocre episodes and 2 good ones

its gonna be years until we see Stain's greatness
Jun 25, 2016 12:54 AM

Nov 2013
Can't wait to finally see the full awesomeness of Todoroki!
S2 will be hype af. If the pacing is also better, than it will be aots.
Jun 25, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2016
StefanHere said:
Can't wait for another 15 chapters being adapted into 11 painfully slow mediocre episodes and 2 good ones

its gonna be years until we see Stain's greatness

Actually Stain's Arc will be in the second season if this picture is any indication, so it won't be years.
Jun 25, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty good news to hear, it's quite enjoyable.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 25, 2016 5:07 PM

Mar 2016
Boku no Hero is one of my favorite shows this season, so this is awesome news to hear. I'm hoping for at least 2 cour.
Jun 25, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2015
Much excite
Very hype
Jun 25, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2015
The hype is real. I'm still awaiting the last episode... 6 more hours!!
Jun 25, 2016 10:11 PM
Jan 2016
Time to get on the season 2 hype train : ).

Jun 26, 2016 3:11 AM

May 2016
Looking forward to it.

Recommend me some more villainess stories (manga/light novel) please! ❤
Jun 26, 2016 3:24 AM
May 2011
I just hope that the second season will have 26 episodes instead of 13, because this time they will have to adapt about 37 chapters.
Jun 26, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
superpatch24 said:
I just hope that the second season will have 26 episodes instead of 13, because this time they will have to adapt about 37 chapters.

Nope, they don't need to. The manga got many pages because of the battles.
In anime, they can do it in a few minutes or even seconds.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 26, 2016 5:13 AM

May 2016
Yay I can't wait for the 2nd season much hype

Jun 26, 2016 7:28 AM
May 2013
thepath said:
Best news of the season

I hope it air in Fall 2016

Lord_Nutella said:
Bones need to get busy with that Kekkai Sensen Season 2, instead of Generic Shounen Bullshit The Anime.

Kekkai Sensen was episodic and so boring

I heard the manga is much more interesting than the anime adaption mostly because the material in the anime was anime original. I guess directors decided to make it episodic only because of how little they could work with with anime original material.
Jun 26, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
I was like "DUCK YE"
And i didnt even wached my here academia
Jun 26, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2010
I love this series.
Jun 26, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
Animated_Amatuer said:

We need these kinds of shows because they can really uplift people and push them through the hard times they go through everyday.

I am always amazed that a community that has opened up and accepted such a creative animation form that is known as anime are so quick to build walls and create divisions.

If you have a personal preference that's perfectly fine but no one should put down other people's preferences and if it really bothers you so much then don't comment on sections that deliver great news like Season 2. Go and make your own thread on how the show is disappointing or how it is generic and type to your heart's content.

And maybe have an open mind don't just write off a genre or series until you give it a fair chance.

But, that's my two cents :D anime and manga has helped me so much in my life and I do mean all kinds of anime from Dubs to Subs to Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Josei, all of them so never close a door in the anime world you never know what you might find :)

To say anime has helped so much in your life is akin to Jesus saying that the crucifixion helped so much in his life. Just saying.
Jun 26, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
VyseLegendaire said:
Animated_Amatuer said:

To say anime has helped so much in your life is akin to Jesus saying that the crucifixion helped so much in his life. Just saying.

............. Wow seriously?

If you feel that way that's perfectly fine but I happen to know several people who were in really bad shape until anime came into their lives.

One grew up in a broken household and lacked direction; always arguing with his Mom or teachers who tried to help him and he never had a role model to look up to. But, through anime he found guidance through positive messages and positive role models and began to change his outlook on life and how he treated others. He became more respectful around others and began reaching out to people and creating real friendships.

The other was in a deep state of depression after her breakup she thought that since her first boyfriend left her for someone else and that he was the only boy who ever showed interest in her; she thought she was worthless and would never be loved by anyone else. She tried several outlets and talked to several professionals on how to get out of this state but for what ever reason they didn't resonate with her. But, anime did. Anime brought a smile to her face like nothing else did. By finding strong female characters to look up to she soon came to realize that she was too good for her ex-boyfriend and gained a whole new level of confidence in herself. That led her to finding a place to belong in the anime community and she found herself a great guy in that community and after 5 years of dating they are now engaged. She wouldn't have met him if anime didn't come into her life.

Now the final person was probably in the worst shape of all. He grew up in a bad neighborhood and his parents were just too passive so they let him do whatever he wanted. So as a result he fell into a gang and began using heroin. The few times he went to school and participate everyone either avoided him or told him he wouldn't amount to anything; this tore him up inside so he dove into heroin to mask the pain but eventually he did too much one night and OD in his local park. Thankfully a youth leader was making his way back at the time and found him and had him rushed to the hospital and saved his life. That youth leader took a personal interest in that young man and saw a bit of himself in him as well because he was the one who helped convince him to get checked into rehab and the same person who introduced him to anime. Anime became his new high after working really hard to go clean. Dragon Ball Z was the anime that inspired him to develop a regular workout training routine and take better care of his body. Once he began taking care of his body he began to think more seriously about his future and that led him to get his GED which led him to applying and getting accepted into UCLA. He still watches anime in his free time.

So in summation anime can be a very powerful inspiration and influence in people's lives. So please if anime doesn't resonate with you like that it is perfectly fine but don't make broad statements like anime can't be good in someone's life. Come on man you have good taste I mean you love Cowboy Bebop so you can't be that bad :)

But, honestly everyone has a story of how anime affected them and believe me people want to hear it! I'm sorry if I came across a bit sharp in this post and hopefully this isn't too much to read XD
TheCrimsonEyeJun 26, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 26, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2010
I'm sorry you took it that way. I was just making a sarcastic comment about the generally hyperviolent, perverted, and outright psychotic nature of most anime stories - at least on the surface.

Sure anime was there for all of those people. Even for myself during our hard times. But can we seriously say that our lives couldn't have been better without anime? I mean, we came upon these difficulties because of abuses and neglect in our real lives. Rather than viewing anime like a cure-all, why not ask the question - why has our society failed us, and made us resort to animation form Nihon to get our life lessons that should've been there in family, school, community, and work?

Just some food for thought there.
VyseLegendaireJun 26, 2016 11:20 PM
Jun 26, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2014
Good anime getting good sequels = good news. Hype!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by seweholmes »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

21 by Old_School_Akira »»
2 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
3 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Today, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.