Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
i heard rumour this not getting S2 because LN sales is not well.
is that true? i hope is not
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
hopefully never.
Mar 20, 2016 11:01 AM

Feb 2016
The anime boosted the LN substantially
but the publisher for the LN is a smaller company, so they might decide to leave it at that.
Mar 20, 2016 11:02 AM
Sep 2013
If they plan to butcher more characters and story I hope never
Mar 20, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Why not?
the Anime generally has succeeded to boosted Grimgar name.
Beside A-1 has invested too many bet on Grimgar with how many OST they had inserted.
Such opportunity to waste to leave this at just S1.
Mar 20, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
The ln sales are great, the anime disk sales should break even at least, and the merch should be selling well.

I see no reason they shouldn't do a sequel.
Mar 20, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
probably there will be no season two. just look at the source material.....sorry if i was wrong.
i was hoping it but well.....i will try my best to read the LN.
because there are more new characters coming :D
Mar 20, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2015
If they could hire more competent animators for the action heavy scenes, that'd be nice. The chase scene/fight felt so off-beat, In the moments In this episode I was supposed to be cheering.

I guess that's A-1 though...so inconsistent.
Mar 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
the chance is very low, i like the series it self. you must be thankful enough it got adaptation in the first place because grimgar is nothing to hear in the first place. it's first LN that got adaptation from their publisher.

> it's for ads, and it's blatant ads. toho company really pressing A-1 to insert full of their latest album.
> it's sell well, but not impressive. stalker predict it will around 4K which already pretty good.
> it's also boost original source pretty well, but again, nothing impressive. it's boosting more that 50K but compare to knosuba (200K), it's nothing.
> actually, there are enough source for second season with same pace.

lower than 20% chance of sequel i would said.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 20, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2011
I'd love another season. But it's not really a smash hit. 4k BD sales per volume are good for maybe breaking even and making a modest profit. But it's nowhere near enough for them to want to waste time instead of looking for another new series that could bring in huge profit.

They would have needed to hit the sales projections that "Konosuba" is projecting. 7k+ BD with strong LN and merch sales.
Mar 20, 2016 2:49 PM
Apr 2013
I've been looking forward to watching the series every week but I feel like I'd be able to let this anime go if they end it properly. I do however love the art and the emphasis on a realistic setting instead of an action packed one.
So basically I'd like a second cour, but I'm okay with it ending this season.
Mar 27, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
"Revive this thread"
okay guys Grimgar finally has ended and i think this is the time for us to discuss again whether season 2 will happen or not
let see from Grimgar status in japan
can someone give us info the current sales and position of Grimgar anime and LN in japan?
i heard vol 8 Grimgar sold out meaning so many people begun to purchases the LN
Mar 27, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 2016
Omnisword said:
"Revive this thread"
okay guys Grimgar finally has ended and i think this is the time for us to discuss again whether season 2 will happen or not
can someone give us info the current sales and position of Grimgar anime and LN in japan?

The Ln was pretty unknown before the anime and know it has gotten the spotlight (the boost was very significant)

The bd sales will probably hit the 5k for the first volume

That's what we got for now

Vol 8 came out in the 25th and its selling well from the looks of it
Mar 27, 2016 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
harkan said:
Omnisword said:
"Revive this thread"

The Ln was pretty unknown before the anime and know it has gotten the spotlight (the boost was very significant)

Vol 8 come out and its selling well from the looks of it

Grimgar really started from underdog to superstar.
i am glad to know both Anime and LN Sales did well

this is my repost from other thread for thought for S2
Omnisword said:
Just want to point out regarding S2, i think it most likely will happen
the title of episode 12 is "see you tomorrow" i think that imply for S2 definitely will happen.
if A-1 not planning to continue Grimgar anymore they should changed the episode title to different ones.

no matter how you see "see you tomorrow" like a words toward us the readers, implying Grimgar will return again someday
I am optimistic believe S2 will happen, i want S2 to happen in fall but most likely we will get in next year.

the extremely shit like Asterix can get S2, so why the underdog popular like grimgar can't get S2?
Mar 27, 2016 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
First season was very much enjoyable for me
would be nice if this got a second season
~_~ !
Mar 27, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 2016
I hope its get season 2
Mar 27, 2016 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
Omnisword said:
harkan said:

Vol 8 come out and its selling well from the looks of it

Omnisword said:
Just want to point out regarding S2, i think it most likely will happen
the title of episode 12 is "see you tomorrow" i think that imply for S2 definitely will happen.
if A-1 not planning to continue Grimgar anymore they should changed the episode title to different ones.

no matter how you see "see you tomorrow" like a words toward us the readers, implying Grimgar will return again someday
I am optimistic believe S2 will happen, i want S2 to happen in fall but most likely we will get in next year.

the extremely shit like Asterix can get S2, so why the underdog popular like grimgar can't get S2?

The thing is asterisk war was planned as a 2 cour(separated by one season) from the start.

Asterisk is also from MF while Grimgar is from Overlap(A new publisher a lot smaller)

Overlap may choose to boost another one of its titles instead of funding another season of Grimgar

This is Overlap first anime too

Some interesting information here Overlap was funded by some editors and staff that left MF in 2012, it originally started with its biggest "Name" Light novel being Infinite Stratos(it was under MF but the author changed to Overlap with his probably friends)
harkanMar 27, 2016 11:34 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
harkan said:
Omnisword said:

The thing is asterisk war was planned as a 2 cour(separated by one season) from the start.

Asterisk is also from MF while Grimgar is from Overlap(A new publisher a lot smaller)

Overlap may choose to boost another one of its titles instead of funding another season of Grimgar

This is Overlap first anime too

Some interesting information here Overlap was funded by some editors and staff that left MF in 2012, it originally started with its biggest "Name" Light novel being Infinite Stratos(it was under MF but the author changed to Overlap with his probably friends)

I cannot understand why people wanted to planned split Asterix into 2 cours
then this mean Grimgar is the biggest fish in Overlap, right?

btw i found this link from 4chan
https://twitter.com/Ryousuke_Nak/status/713996993291399168

can someone translate it?
i heard there is going an interview with Nakamura Ryousuke
Mar 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
Hopefully never. The worst show of this season.
Mar 27, 2016 11:53 AM

Feb 2016

I cannot understand why people wanted to planned split Asterix into 2 cours
then this mean Grimgar is the biggest fish in Overlap, right?

Yeah Grimgar is probably the Star of Overlap now.

(Gakusen)I can only guess they split it into two seasons to cover the whole tournament(it didn't cover it all)
Mar 27, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
Hope it does. It was a great anime. Very unique artstyle, and a soothing soundtrack, with a slow, but yet realistic pace.
Mar 27, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
S2 pls. Need more ppl to die
Mar 27, 2016 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
sumin said:
hopefully never.

this^^^^^^^^^^^
Mar 27, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Hoping fr season 2 anyway
Mar 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
I liked it. Would watch a seoson 2 :)
Mar 27, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
Tomorrow.
Which means sometime in the future.

Mar 27, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2016
I kinda liked art and mc and when he got into "SUPER SOLO KIRITO" MODE that was bad-ass! ! so... i really would like to get season 2 this or next year. (Bigger chance is next year... (-_-,)
Mar 27, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2010
sumin said:
hopefully never.

first post delivers once again ;)
Mar 27, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2015
Well, this is definitely more enjoyable than A-1's other anime, Erased.

I hope they'd do a second season, but hopefully they'd stop using those stupid insert songs!

Mar 27, 2016 6:20 PM

Oct 2009
It makes me laugh when people say that it shouldn't get a 2nd season, just because you didnt like doesn't mean others didn't aswell, just don't watch it, problem solved.

For me, i really hope it gets a sequel, a very relaxing anime to watch on sundays.
Mar 28, 2016 12:28 AM
Sep 2015
trusttt said:
It makes me laugh when people say that it shouldn't get a 2nd season, just because you didnt like doesn't mean others didn't aswell, just don't watch it, problem solved.

For me, i really hope it gets a sequel, a very relaxing anime to watch on sundays.

Well this is the internet. Among the things you should expect, logic is pretty far down the list.
Mar 28, 2016 4:35 AM

Feb 2016
I can say it has been funny seeing volume 8 on amazon.jp

It goes out of stock every 12-24 hours and then it comes back 12-24 hours.
Mar 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Don't know why this is getting negative reactions when there are much more worse anime this season.
It's a refreshing anime, I hope it gets a sequel.
Btw, did it adapt the light novel well? Or should I read the light novels from the start?
I also wish they focus more on the real world.
Mar 28, 2016 12:12 PM

Jan 2016
trusttt said:

If this gets a second season, it will not be a relaxing as S1.
I really hope that it gets renewed.
Mar 28, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
trusttt said:
It makes me laugh when people say that it shouldn't get a 2nd season, just because you didnt like doesn't mean others didn't as well, just don't watch it, problem solved.

This. On a side note, I don't think I have yet to see anyone disliking this anime due to it being a bad adaptation or what not.
Mar 28, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
Auck said:
If this gets a second season, it will not be a relaxing as S1.
I really hope that it gets renewed.

Well, even if it's not as relaxing, i still want another one so bring it :)
Mar 28, 2016 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
boyofmystery said:
This. On a side note, I don't think I have yet to see anyone disliking this anime due to it being a bad adaptation or what not.

Yeah, most of the complains i've seen about the anime is it because it's too slow paced and even though it's true i didn't mind that much and still enjoyed watching it.
If it gets another season, it might be more action packed and more fast paced but if it isn't, like i said, i won't mind it being slow paced :)
Mar 29, 2016 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
trusttt said:

This, I dont get people hoping a sequel doesn't get released, if you dont like it dont watch it. I personally like it whenever any show gets a sequel even if I didn't watch the first season.
Mar 29, 2016 2:12 AM

Feb 2016
OppaiTaisho said:
Don't know why this is getting negative reactions when there are much more worse anime this season.
Btw, did it adapt the light novel well? Or should I read the light novels from the start?

What real world?
They are in a real world its not a game.
It adapted the first volume well but they would have problems with pacing with the second volume so they changed up a lot in the last 4 episodes.
Mar 29, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
If they plan for a S2 take Madhouse!

Mar 29, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2015
GosuGian said:
If they plan for a S2 take Madhouse!
oh got pls no, madhouse have bad track record of LN adaptation. and A1 unique bakcgroud and unusal pace is what make it have fresh feelings. NOPE!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 29, 2016 8:04 PM
Mar 2015
i want more dead of the character :D
Mar 29, 2016 8:07 PM

Apr 2011
Tylaen said:
If they could hire more competent animators for the action heavy scenes, that'd be nice. The chase scene/fight felt so off-beat, In the moments In this episode I was supposed to be cheering.

I guess that's A-1 though...so inconsistent.

I still haven't watched the last episode, but Grimgar had one the best animations I have seen these last years.
Mar 30, 2016 12:12 AM
Oct 2013
If there will be, then so be it. Though I wish there would be more action next time and less dawdling.
Mar 30, 2016 12:51 PM
Jun 2015
Season 2 please! Really love the plot, hope they will work for it. Im really looking forward!
Apr 2, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2012
Hopefully season 2 we will see some romance development and more adventures

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Apr 8, 2016 12:15 AM
Oct 2012
I wish this will get a second season with the same voice actors.

Been a long time since i really wished for an anime sequel on a light novel adaptated anime because as a heavy light novel reader, most of the time i would just go and try to read it (raw even, since i have little japanese language knowledge - readable with dictionaries although slow).

But for this adaptation i have gotten quite fond with the character's voices and their interactions.. so much until i rewatched few episodes few times just for the dialogues and even go as far as watching the video of their voice actors doing live broadcast which someone uploaded in youtube (was honestly surprised that merry's seiyuu's normal voice was so different)

tl;dr season 2 plz
Apr 8, 2016 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
harkan said:
OppaiTaisho said:

What real world?
It adapted the first volume well but they would have problems with pacing with the second volume so they changed up a lot in the last 4 episodes.

they are not in the real world , they speak about planes , cell phones etc..
Apr 9, 2016 3:18 AM

Nov 2014
Really
AForgottenSoul said:
harkan said:

What real world?

they are not in the real world , they speak about planes , cell phones etc..
definitely not the world they are supposed to be in, lol...

anyways, loved this anime, was just so relaxing and I liked the story, good to see Mary as well xD
Apr 9, 2016 3:35 AM

Nov 2011
All LN adaptions are for promoting the LN but only few goes beyond that. I don't think this series is special or big enough to go beyond that.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

463 by T-h-u-n-d-e-r »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.