Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2014
That last scene where she fell from the parachute and catched by Qwenthur was awesome O.O
Poor Havia though, forever alone and third wheel...
Good ending, but the first and second half was boring
Mar 25, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
It's over :(
Happy to see that they managed to save princess from the Object.
Damn, they almost died when princess shot their vehicle... :(
Ohoho girl is actually not that bad xD she just want to make herself look badass but she is actually quite cute.
Qwenthur and Havia as always, best bromance of the season :D
That ending was perfect ;) It seems that Frolaytia got a little injure, but she will be fine very soon, she won't let Qwenthur and Havia have some free time, i will surely miss her.

"well, i'll go ahead and delete friday from the calendar now, it has become an unnecessary day now"

What i'm supposed to watch at friday/saturday at night? :/ No more gate or heavy object, damn, i will miss these animes <3

8 or 9/10. I really hope there will be a 2nd season!!!

Thank you for these amazing moments <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2016 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
Jacara said:

NSFW

Good show.

Thank you for this nice pic ;) ahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 26, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2008
When she fly whit parachute I waited for a moment for someone to shut her..

I think I missed why they couldn't tell her to stop by the radio.

Overall the series was boring.
Mar 26, 2016 12:36 AM
Dec 2015
That was really entertaining show. Maybe story was repetitive and cliche but the two MC was amazing. Action was decent and comedy was amusing. One of better show that end this season.

Solid 7/10 for me
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 26, 2016 12:49 AM

Jan 2015
As always this series amaze me....Ending was satisfying...9/10 for whole series, just how the fvck Qwenthur could walk normally after those injuries....I want more of this...one of the best 2 cour animes with unlimited action....I love it....Faith for cartoons restored!!!
Mar 26, 2016 1:39 AM
Mar 2015
BaptizED said:
That last scene where she fell from the parachute and catched by Qwenthur was awesome O.O

Havia already have a girlfriend

Namu12 said:

I thought the same thing, that slow-mo looked like she was gonna die

anyway, overall, you are boring. you probably skipped everything.

This anime is really solid, not great but solid. no specific story line to follow.
Mar 26, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2008
GamePois0n said:
BaptizED said:

Namu12 said:

This anime is really solid, not great but solid. no specific story line to follow.

Thats great that if someone have other opinion than yours about some series you assume that means I didn't watch it property and you tell me that I'm boring..
Mar 26, 2016 2:38 AM
Mar 2015
Namu12 said:
GamePois0n said:

Thats great that if someone have other opinion than yours about some series you assume that means I didn't watch it property and you tell me that I'm boring..

because your negativity is not appreciated
Mar 26, 2016 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
I'm gonna miss this show.

It was a fun ride while it lasted.

4.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2016 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
blonde lolli just being jelly lol nice finale not that great but it was okay
Mar 26, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2008
GamePois0n said:

There isn't any rule that only people that liked some series can post! You liked it and I don't, live with it.

For example: I would never complain that a lot of people post negative reaction on Divine Gate, when I think its very good series.
Mar 26, 2016 4:04 AM
Mar 2015
Namu12 said:
GamePois0n said:

There isn't any rule that only people that liked some series can post! You liked it and I don't, live with it.

For example: I would never complain that a lot of people post negative reaction on Divine Gate, when I think its very good series.

If you got nothing good to say don't say anything at all.

if you didn't enjoy it just say "I didn't enjoy it" don't have to be negative.
Mar 26, 2016 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
Well, it was a pretty good run. Enjoyable and entertaining. Good characters and nice backgrounds too!

I'd probably watch a S2 of this.

8/10
Mar 26, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
Great series. I loved waiting to see what clever ideas Qwnethur would come up with to defeat the Objects. Also loved Frolaytia, and that fake merc Maid Team. Too bad we didn't see more of those maids, but oh well.
Mar 26, 2016 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
And there we are. The two filler episodes at the end were pretty good, with Qwenthur being close to dying at one point. Thankfully, Ohoho helped with his plan to rescue Milinda at the expense of the Baby Magnum.

It's also one of the main reasons why I find this show to be great, and that's Qwenthur. He, along with Havia, are plucky guys at times, but their ambitious plans are well thought out and they have a highly successful partnership on the battlefield.

The main arcs do have a slight repetitive nature to it, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the battles, Objects or not, as well as the character interactions with the allies and the enemies.

The art and animation is probably the best I've seen from J.C. Staff. They really did a splendid job! =D

Overall, this show deserves an 8/10 and although the sales are probably low, I wouldn't mind a second season. Still sucks about not having an Index S3 though. D=
Mar 26, 2016 7:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very interesting anime for me. First half really was hard to get through, i didn't really like the concept of objects and the knowledge drops about those. But in the second half it somehow clicked. Got more and more impressed by the technology and how Qwenthur is able to destroy objects with his knowledge and only himself without an object.

The last 4-5 episodes were very, very good. I wish, this would have clicked earlier with me. The show stayed true to its nature and it actually got really fkin dramatic at the end.

7/10
Mar 26, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
I'm going to miss frolaytia. 7/10 overall
Mar 26, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
Not a bad series but certainly not a great one

Good things - likeable characters, great animation and action and the music / SFX were solid

Bad things - The objects look a bit crappy, long waffling expositions, minimal character development and quite repetitive at times.

I doubt this will get a second season

6/10
Mar 26, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
zero-r said:
So it ends...

Alright final episode. Below-average to average series.... I won’t miss any of the characters (or situations they were in). The series was longer than it should’ve been, in all honesty... Overall, the show was somewhat entertaining, but forgettable—to say the least.

4/10
Too true. Wasn't really engaging and everything from the plot, characters, and dialogue seemed hard to stick.There were very few instances I could recall being on the impatient side for the next episode, and that was mostly in the first few episodes. After that the whole formula for the show became quite apparent, it really, really felt uninspiring. The only part that was interesting were the objects but even that was bogged down in techno-babble and verbal posturing through analysts from one character or another. The fan-service was out of place and didn't do a thing to interest me, the main fan-service girl was annoying and made unattractive even with the dialogue intended to sexualize her in less compromising situations. It took up time and subtracted what little character the show had offered. The princess' character was, of course limited to what little interactions she had with the MC, her jealous tantrums, the presumption others (like quenthar) had for her. Beyond that she was pretty much a collection of tropes. The apparent deaths of the blonde girl and the "black" guy during the mineshaft arc didn't seem real at all and I kept expecting them to pop out at the last minute. Especially considering that whole group seemed to be dynamic recurring characters but even the survivors were pretty much cut out. The new caster girlk the MC's father helped shelter in their time of need existed solely for the sake of building respect between him and the black-uni girl. Nothing that couldn't have been acquired otherwise. The second half intro credits were pretty misleading to say the least, were ultimately placeholders in my book. The whole series was poorly handled and failed to deliver on the biggest element (the objects) in the series. I will almost definitely forget this within the next few months. It's a shame considering I wrote a post expressing worry for just that when I watched the first episode.
QWERTYFish25Mar 26, 2016 10:36 PM
Mar 26, 2016 4:17 PM
Aug 2013
be grateful, you can still watch this anime until the end and start learning to appreciate other people's work that you probably can not make it now . . . :))
I appreciate this anime, it's entertaining, give me more about science and technology, and make me enjoy my weekend . . . :]]
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Mar 26, 2016 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty enjoyable watch every week. I will miss it!

7.5/10
Mar 26, 2016 9:56 PM
Dec 2012
I find it funny how the last two episodes of Heavy Object's idea is so similar to Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village v7's beginning..
Mar 26, 2016 11:24 PM

Dec 2013
In truth even if it was Anime-Only, I did enjoy this arc more than I thought I would have. First time for Qwenthur to get injured to the point of near death. Yet the formula stays relatively the same.

Overall, I see mixed reviews, but personally I loved all the mechanical and scientific mumbo-jumbo which some around these parts seem to have issues with. The character interactions between Qwenthur, Havia, Melinda and everyone else was fun and lighthearted in parts, and serious when they needed it to be. The story flowed quite well (obviously since it's LN was logical to a fault), and they had plenty of fan-service-y moments for everyone, for the perverts, the mech-fans, the engineering fans, the army buffs. The animation was also on point most of the time so no complaints there either..

Solid series all round. this deserves a 8/10 and a second season in my books. Sorry for those who feel like it's too deep for them.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2012
That was a nice ending for a pretty mediocre show. And as an anime-story ending don't think that there would be 2nd season, i'll watch if there would be one, but prayer is for Index obv, so the priorities first =/
Mar 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
good finale. just wished the epilogue was a bit longer...

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 27, 2016 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
Fantastic! Great Anime story! I love animes where the MC is an exceptional person thinking on a way like no ones would though! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2011
GamePois0n said:
Namu12 said:

If you don't like whats being said you could always close your monitor. It's amazing how people forget how subjective a particular outlet can be. "I didn't like it".
"OMFG git out with that negativity!!1!"
Mar 27, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
Welp... this was not for me.. but I first realized that way too soon. Now it's over and what a relief ( -.-) =з
Some moments were enjoyable though.. and i've scored it according to it's content, and not how much I disliked it, giving it a fair 6/10 IMO.
Mar 27, 2016 1:04 PM
Mar 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
GamePois0n said:

If you don't like whats being said you could always close your monitor. It's amazing how people forget how subjective a particular outlet can be. "I didn't like it".

well, imagine saying that to someone's face
Mar 27, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
GamePois0n said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

well, imagine saying that to someone's face
And once again with the vague responses... What exactly was that supposed to mean?
Mar 27, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Swadok said:
I'll miss you Frolaytia :(
Reverberate__ said:
I will miss Frolaytia ):
jose21 said:
Not enough Froylatia in the ending...
AivanK said:
It seems that Frolaytia got a little injure, but she will be fine very soon, she won't let Qwenthur and Havia have some free time, i will surely miss her.

The amount of people (myself included) missing Frolaytia is just ridiculous. Really, this level of consensus is practically unheard of (>.<)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 27, 2016 4:56 PM
May 2012
Laionidas said:
The amount of people (myself included) missing Frolaytia is just ridiculous. Really, this level of consensus is practically unheard of (>.<)

Maybe, there is some relation between having something for senior offices and liking shows like HO. Anyway personally I don't like her at all.

Well interresting. Didn't expect Hohoho to get another major scene. And the ending was actually pretty nice. I honestly did exect something over the top like that she would be cured just from looking in the mirror and the BM would come out almost unharmed. But seariously, I haven't really got it, how Milinda was cured, because if it would be because of the mirror why did they need to destroy the BM then.
Mar 27, 2016 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
It was an unexpectedly nice ride. I was half worried about the filler episodes but judging by the amount of technical detail those two episodes had, it seems like Kamachi-sensei wrote them himself and it ended up being better than some of the early episodes from the novel.
10/10 would miss Quenser "Madman" Sabotage. Past six months have been quite fun. Now can we have a Zashiki Warashi anime please? At least some OVAs of Hayabusa-kun's adventures will be super amazing. I super want to watch it animated.
Mar 27, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2014
Sanyuu said:
Laionidas said:

Maybe, there is some relation between having something for senior offices and liking shows like HO. Anyway personally I don't like her at all.

Well interresting. Didn't expect Hohoho to get another major scene. And the ending was actually pretty nice. I honestly did exect something over the top like that she would be cured just from looking in the mirror and the BM would come out almost unharmed. But seariously, I haven't really got it, how Milinda was cured, because if it would be because of the mirror why did they need to destroy the BM then.

Bahahaha,.. regardless of whether that holds true or not, it's a great theory.

Regarding Milinda, I think the trick was that she didn't actually needes to be 'cured' at all. My Japanese is non-existent, but I believe a lot was lost in translation. From what I understand she needed to be constantly fed subliminal misinformation (through the Object's interface). As such, simply cutting of that stream, by taking her out of the Object, was enough to lift the condition.
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 28, 2016 4:40 AM
Mar 2012
A lovely end. Qwenthur x Milinda in flying embrace through a beautiful landscape of petals.
Lots of beautiful explosions & laserz, Megumin would be proud. Strategic combat really is the strength of this show, with extraordinary but seemingly plausible Objects giving a lot more war intensity than overused humanoid mechas.
The CVD process was very thoroughly explained, hidden as a cute chat between our main ship. Lots of deathflag hints rose the tension. Elites had a psychological backdoor installed, to allow forced commands from Mirror of Truth. But that requires constant input from the Object. Havia again is not just smart alone, he gathers his chess pieces from that prisoner, Ohoho team, and Granny. Was wondering why they needed to get BM to a spot, until they showed the fixed cannon to deliver CVD.
It's a show I dismissed as 2 pervy teenagers bantering. But the characters all became likable, and the comedy improved. Thinking over their plan, makes me appreciate the extensive choreography focused not on cool poses, but how all the pieces meshed into a plot.
There is some plot armor luck, but doesn't devolve into justice preaching or power of friendship.

It's clearly a 'modern' show. Those HD backgrounds, all that flower detail. Some CG vehicles & early destruction were weirdly rendered, but mostly good enough where folks aren't complaining every ep.

Qwenthur made a CG glass cannon

Explosions & flowers

They don't skimp on the rare blood detail

Mar 28, 2016 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
This anime has become one of my favorites of the season. Started as a "side-watch" because I was bored and ended with a smile on my face.
I would probably watch another season.
- points for graphic so.. especially since they showed us what they could do
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 29, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
gophercg said:

The art and animation were godly this last episode, especially for a show that wasn't particularly known for it.
Comander-07 said:
Started as a "side-watch" because I was bored and ended with a smile on my face.

Among a string of AA titles that sorely dissapointed in the end, this sure was a welcome change.
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 29, 2016 5:26 AM

May 2015
i think this episode isn't like a final episode, it just same with other episodes before

6,5/10
Mar 29, 2016 6:12 AM

May 2012
The anime is pure garbage. THe only good thing is the cute girls.

I can't comprehend how this show even got 7.37 in MAL
Mar 30, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
Finally, It has come to an end. Well, I enjoyed it anyway.
So, I'll rate this a 7 (or 8?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 31, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. Didn't think Qwenthur and Havia would get hurt that bad. Plot armor was slipping for a second.

Qwebthur is still hurt by the trap and so am I.

Got to see some inner booty cheeks in the last episode of course.

Just remembered Havia's fiancee has some nice oppai.

And that was the end(for now?) for Project HO...aka Metal Gear Object.

7/10
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 3, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
A fitting end to this guilty-pleasure of an anime.
Woa, I didn't realize Havia's girl was that stacked! Milinda is still best-girl. I guess the mirror didn't have much to do with it afterall (except maybe making her miss the shot?)

5/10 (average)
I enjoyed it, but plot was pretty much non-existent. I disliked Quenthur and Havia less by the end of it all though.
Apr 4, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
Tevens said:
i haven't watch the episode yet but wtf ? i'm suprised AF right now because of the Rating. from 6.80 suddenly turn into 7.22. guys what is going on here ? i see it like "bang!" turn into 7.22. i'm very surprised to see that. thank god finally this anime got a score of 7.

same here. i'm surprised to see such sudden increase
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Apr 5, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
Ooh, what an episode! The whole "mirror" theme showed up quite a bit in this episode, plus the Intelligence Union helping them out as well ... Ohoho really played quite the part there ;P They were able to manage to save her (somehow) and got Milinda to eject out of the Object ... and isn't that a nice ending? :P

So not gonna lie, this show was actually a lot more entertaining than I expected. Great characters and dialogue! OK it DID get kind of repetitive at times, but it was still fun at least :P Pretty good animation and music as well. All in all, a pretty fun series with some nice fanservice too ... Frolaytia best girl obviously ;P 8/10
Apr 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
Guys, where's the Index S3 I was waiting for? :I
Apr 7, 2016 12:51 PM

Oct 2008
The way Qwenthur catches Hime was so satisfying and cute and those 2 are really suited for each other!
I Enjoyed most of the show.
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 8, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 2012
Between the character's banter and situational comedy, The Greatest Bromance Of All Time (GBOAT) between Qwenthur and Havia, the pretty good action and visuals and strategies, and of course Frolaytia, the absolute Queen of fan-service.... I fucking loved this anime. This was the right kind of situational, pervy, stupid and witty humour that I'm an absolute sucker for. Everyone's names were weird as hell though in one way or another.

Also one of the biggest jokes of the anime just hit me.... we never did learn Ohohoho's real name did we? Even the character list doesn't give us the real one. Well played Heavy Object, well fucking played.

Also had to mention this again due to extreme importance: Frolaytia. Fuck yeah.

I'll say it one last time, I fucking loved this anime. Probably way more than I should have. I'm sad to see it go, but it was one hell of a ride for me.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Apr 15, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
And at least the ending dissapointed again. hope more, but....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.