Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2016 7:49 PM

Sep 2015
j0x said:
GaryL said:
Would be cool if was possible to put a banner though...

you can upload your own banner (or what MAL calls Cover Image), see the screenshot of the option here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1482719&show=50#msg44757274

..........I'm happy now. Ty
Feb 16, 2016 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
That pretty neat and very better looking than before. Thanks for the update and keep up the best. v(。-_-。)v
Feb 16, 2016 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
Love the update, can't wait to get more customization options with the new layouts. Also looks like series pictures will be an option to set which I am really excited for.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Feb 16, 2016 8:40 PM

Jun 2014
I like it, looks good, thanks. It's great, Keep up the good work.
Feb 16, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
I love it. Thank you guys!
Feb 16, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
For now I will stick with the old design because it is more convenient and thank you for not forcing us to use the new design right away.

I hope to see the following changes in the new design:
- More compact (smaller fonts, less white space/smaller tables) like in the old design
- Separate the categories on the All Anime page instead of just sorting by colours
- Load everything all at once instead of just first 300 entries
Feb 16, 2016 9:03 PM

Jul 2007
Great job MAL! This new list is a great improvement in my eyes for those of us who just wanted to use the default style. It offers some customization without having to re-invent everything.

I for one, love the images because now if I can't remember a show via the name on my PTW page, I can look at the image. Before I'd have to open up the show in a different tab. It was a major pain. Thanks :)
Feb 16, 2016 9:06 PM

Jun 2010
j0x said:
Annuvin said:
or enable lazy loading for the mobile site only.

i do not have a smartphone and only using a old desktop computer with poor internet speed

if they provide an option then i hope they consider my case too

I see the necessity for lazy loading in case of lists with thumbnails. But how about deactivating it based on - if the user has deactivated the usage of thumbnails for the list or not?
AsturaetusFeb 16, 2016 9:10 PM
Feb 16, 2016 9:20 PM

Jan 2009
Asturaetus said:
j0x said:

i do not have a smartphone and only using a old desktop computer with poor internet speed

if they provide an option then i hope they consider my case too

I see the necessity for lazy loading in case of lists with thumbnails. But how about deactivating it based on - if the user has deactivated the usage of thumbnails for the list or not?

ye that can be an option too, but its more better if there is a global option to disable or enable lazy loading for the lists since custom or user designed lists might be affected by lazy loading too
Feb 16, 2016 9:26 PM

Jun 2011
Thanks for not forcing us to update.
Feb 16, 2016 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
I'm glad the HTML in the new template is way better than the old one. However, I won't consider switching until CSS customization is ready.

The headings in the All Anime view in the old template were nice. In the new template, unless you know what the colours mean, it's not clear which is in what state. If I were a newcomer, I'd assume that the whole thing is a list of completed series, maybe with some currently watching. Additionally, it's highly recommended (and the WCAG requires it) that you don't rely on colour alone to convey information.
Feb 16, 2016 9:33 PM
Jan 2014
Looks nice, giving it a go because why not? :) Might revert back to my old one at some stage though, mainly because I feel like it was easier to view than this new one (and still used to the old one haha). The old one was more compact (less white spaces?) though the new style fits in with the new profiles more :)
However, the one thing that bugs me is not having the "currently watching" list up the top as soon as the page loaded..
Feb 16, 2016 10:26 PM

May 2009
Annuvin said:
sunnysummerday said:

did you forget about the 'home' & 'end' buttons on your keyboard? or were you referring to mobile?

I heard a tale such keys existed once but their alleged location remains a mystery to me.

Seriously though, Ctrl + F > MAL's search. Using the search box causes the page to be reloaded (like I already mentioned before) which results in a lot of wasted time. Add to that having to scroll to see anything beyond 300 entries and some people will be wasting even more time trying to do anything with their lists. You know MAL screwed something up when I have to use Taiga (aka external app) to find entries faster.

I honestly have no clue what you're dealing with, but for me, the search function works flawlessly. Are you perhaps confused with the old design?

With the new design, if you use CTRL+F, you need to keep scrolling down to the end of the list first, which is quite annoying if you have more than 300 entries. With the search function, you can easily find the show you want, without having to load the whole list. And the search bar comes up immediately if I click on the magnifying glass, so I see no reason to not switch over.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2011
Narmy said:
Thanks for not forcing us to update yet.

AO968 said:

I honestly have no clue what you're dealing with, but for me, the search function works flawlessly. Are you perhaps confused with the old design?

With the new design, if you use CTRL+F, you need to keep scrolling down to the end of the list first, which is quite annoying if you have more than 300 entries. With the search function, you can easily find the show you want, without having to load the whole list. And the search bar comes up immediately if I click on the magnifying glass, so I see no reason to not switch over.

You didn't understand. What he said is that using CTRL+F in the old list, he can search any name and find it in less than a second.
With the new list, he needs to use the search function, which will reload the page to show his search results, consuming more time.

And as I said a lot of times, we can go to any part of our list with CTRL+F simply by searching any name. If I want to see my titles starting with letter P or any other letter near it, I just need to use CTRL+F and search for "Pokemon". This way I'll see everything near "Pokemon"... while that's impossible in the new list thanks for the 300 limit, and using the search function will only give you specific results. To see my list near "Pokemon", only if I scroll down and down and down...

There's a lot of reasons to not switch over.
Feb 16, 2016 11:25 PM
Jun 2015
Thanks for the update!!!! Loved it
Feb 16, 2016 11:32 PM

Jun 2008
I think compared to previous basic designs is better but we need our customization.
Hell i hope they can make it even more customizable.

Customizing our lists and creating those awesome designs was what made Mal lists so awesome. If we take out of that it will be a crime.
MonadFeb 17, 2016 12:20 AM
Feb 16, 2016 11:42 PM

Jun 2012
Looked at all the preview. The header is kinda huge. I also agree with a earlier comment about changing "currently watching" to "watching". Apart from that, the preview are nice.

I am perplexed about that white/yellow theme though. It's fun to have options, but this one is just painful to look at.

Anyway, I think I'll wait for more customization before switching, but I think it's a good start.
Feb 16, 2016 11:52 PM
Sep 2007
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new mobile design. The blue icons on the left of each image are annoying. Not that the mods will change the new look from my opinion alone but still, it was fine the way it was before. I liked looking at the entire image with nothing on it. It's way more satisfying to look at. Would be nice if we had an option to view the old design on the mobile version too. As for the desktop, thank you for giving us the option to keep the old design. Please continue to allow us to choose if we want to switch rather than forcing MAL users to something they may not want.
Feb 16, 2016 11:56 PM
Mar 2010
The new list design is pretty bad. The banner at the top is ridiculously large. Having images next to the titles is not something I want, it's a waste of bandwidth that serves no purpose other than to vastly increase the amount of vertical space consumed. The "all anime" tab is rendered largely useless. Instead of having everything nicely broken out and labeled with the stats for each available, the lists are unhelpfully smashed together, the separate stats are inaccessible from that page, and the labels are removed. The 300 entry limit is crap to put it politely, and likely exists solely to mask the increased bandwidth and processor time consumed by loading the title thumbnail images. Certainly there's no other reason to incompletely load the lists when they could be completely loaded with no issue before.

All in all it's a regression of function for the sake of putting some thumbnails next to the titles. I will not be using it, and I recommend you never force people to use it.
Feb 17, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2013
I like that you're able to customize it :)

You need to turn the notification message off though. It keeps popping up every time I go to my list.
Feb 17, 2016 12:23 AM

Nov 2008
Love the new look and the upcoming CSS capabilities look great.
Awesome update!
Feb 17, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2015
I love it. Just changed my List to the new Design and gave it a new flavor. Brilliant work MAL Team!
Feb 17, 2016 12:28 AM

Nov 2012
My thoughts so far, fresh and clean look, has great potential, it feels weird though, i hope it gets smaller and i wont be using it for now. Ill be waiting for more updates, thanks MAL staffs.

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Feb 17, 2016 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
Nhaz said:
My thoughts so far, fresh and clean look, has great potential, it feels weird though, i hope it gets smaller and i wont be using it for now. Ill be waiting for more updates, thanks MAL staffs.

I would love to have the pictures like a backround wallpaper for each row/anime. Of course with boxes around the information to keep it clear and clean.

garydai said:
I like that you're able to customize it :)

You need to turn the notification message off though. It keeps popping up every time I go to my list.

maybe a problem with your cookies. I had the message just once.
Feb 17, 2016 12:56 AM

Oct 2012
Good update, huge props for letting the old list design stay as an alternative.

The pictures do take quite alot of space on the new list, so a way to opt those would be great.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
Feb 17, 2016 1:00 AM

Dec 2014
MAL admins & mods are the best. Thank you for your hard work & innovation!

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Feb 17, 2016 1:02 AM
Mar 2014
Raito said:

The pictures do take quite alot of space on the new list, so a way to opt those would be great.

http://prntscr.com/a4chdr
http://prntscr.com/a4chjd

Enjoy.

___

With this new design, the tags are too small now.
DvioussFeb 17, 2016 1:07 AM
Feb 17, 2016 1:06 AM
Nov 2010
It's looking nice, I'll be waiting for some stuff to be finished and might switch to it.
Feb 17, 2016 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
amirite said:
Raito said:

Enjoy.

I ment the series images, not the top image on the list.
I'd prefer a more compact list, the series images just stretch the list as a whole.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

“Exactly as planned.”
Feb 17, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2010
Raito said:
amirite said:

Enjoy.

I'd prefer a more compact list, the series images just stretch the list as a whole.

Then use this solution:

j0x said:
30pretentious50u said:
Allow me to disable the pictures of the anime covers in the list, and I will like it. That's the flexibility I am hoping for.

go here http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences
and do this

Feb 17, 2016 1:26 AM

Apr 2011
Raito said:
amirite said:

Enjoy.

You can switch off the images in list settings.
Feb 17, 2016 2:04 AM

Jun 2014
I'll give it a shot for a while, but I might revert back. The header, though, is absolutely way too big.
Feb 17, 2016 2:16 AM

Nov 2014
Another bug, not sure if this is happening for anyone else. I'm on the latest version of chrome.

Feb 17, 2016 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
COOL!
Feb 17, 2016 2:54 AM
Apr 2008
Going back to classic.

The white space is too much on the left.
The list doesn't have a white space between watching and completed series
The whole design was made for mobile and tablets rather than desktop which I feel it should be separate design.
Jumping out from the list to profile feels like it has lost the design flow. It's like going from modern to classic and modern again.

I only like the images in the new list design other than that I rather have https the login page for now.
Feb 17, 2016 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
Shixma said:
Another bug, not sure if this is happening for anyone else. I'm on the latest version of chrome.

Do you have the MAL HoverInfo extension installed? That caused that problem for me so I just disabled it.
Feb 17, 2016 3:13 AM

Aug 2013
Modern MAL in ~10 words:
Who needs functionality, when you can have BRIGHT COLORS! AND PICTURES!

Seriously, just add a paint add-on or something, I bet all those 3 year olds you're targeting with these ''modern'' updates will surely love it.
SimploFeb 17, 2016 3:17 AM
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
Feb 17, 2016 3:26 AM
Apr 2015
The design looks awesome i like it but please give us the possibility to separate watched, watching, plan to watch and so on as it was in the old design where every section had its own counter. Everything else is nice.

Feb 17, 2016 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
Asturaetus said:

Then use this solution:

j0x said:

Amazing, thank you for the tips! Very grateful.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

“Exactly as planned.”
Feb 17, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
I actually really like this new design, and I think that its pretty cool how you have given everyone an option to revert to the old design.
Feb 17, 2016 3:57 AM

May 2009
Oiacz said:
Narmy said:
Thanks for not forcing us to update yet.

AO968 said:

You didn't understand. What he said is that using CTRL+F in the old list, he can search any name and find it in less than a second.
With the new list, he needs to use the search function, which will reload the page to show his search results, consuming more time.

And as I said a lot of times, we can go to any part of our list with CTRL+F simply by searching any name. If I want to see my titles starting with letter P or any other letter near it, I just need to use CTRL+F and search for "Pokemon". This way I'll see everything near "Pokemon"... while that's impossible in the new list thanks for the 300 limit, and using the search function will only give you specific results. To see my list near "Pokemon", only if I scroll down and down and down...

But is this a big enough issue to treat it as a major flaw? If you ask me, I'd say it's not. Of course, I don't use my list that way myself, so I don't really know what I'm apparently 'missing', either. Besides, is it really such a hassle to take one or two steps more to find what you want?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2011
Scabon said:
Zeando said:
hope the new list will be fully usable before the old one gets removed, or i already know which new listing site i'll be moving to

Do tell! :)

"IF" they will not manage to give as many editing options before they remove the old one, i was thinking of moving to aniDB
it is very cryptic, complex and much less user-friendly than mal, but it has some editing options i never ever dreamed i needed, with those and a bit of patience i can shape my list and pages as i want with no need to use scripts or stylish extensions

BlackTelomeres said:
Two suggestions for the new list style:

-Make it so that if you turn off images, it doesn't only load 300 or so entries and instead just loads the full list so people who want a faster load can just turn them off.
-On the all anime list, have an option to separate into distinct charts the "plan to watch/watching/watched/dropped/on-hold" sections the way the old style separated them.
agree on both, expecially being able to load the full list if the images are off

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 17, 2016 4:07 AM

Apr 2015
Yes it pretty good, better update.
Good job MAL
Feb 17, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
AO968 said:
Oiacz said:

But is this a big enough issue to treat it as a major flaw? If you ask me, I'd say it's not. Of course, I don't use my list that way myself, so I don't really know what I'm apparently 'missing', either. Besides, is it really such a hassle to take one or two steps more to find what you want?

It's not much of a hassle, but this whole update is just a bunch of slight downgrades. Not to mention that the new design doesn't even load past 300 entries. And this comes from a person with a fiber connection...
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
Feb 17, 2016 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
it's always good to know that you guys continue to be dedicated to this site :)
and thanks for letting us keep our old fashioned customized lists... i would be heartbroken if i lost mine.
Feb 17, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2014
ok upgrades are always conflicting. But nice touch though
Feb 17, 2016 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
I actually like it, nice job!
Thanks for letting us keep our old layouts as well.
Feb 17, 2016 6:03 AM

Feb 2015
It's nice to have the choice between modern and classic list style. I'll be sticking to classic, since it's more compact.
Feb 17, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
I do not think there is anything wrong with it only loading 300 at a time. In the past when I went to lists of people with like 1,000 entries things would freeze up on me briefly.
Feb 17, 2016 6:44 AM
Oct 2014
I really dislike this.
Luckily, I managed to get back the normal design in time.

NEVER CHANGE A WORKING SYSTEM!

The normal "classic" design is just fine.
It's what people are used to.
Don't just change that without warning!
It's like someone rearranging all the furniture in your house.

The normal "classic" design is fast to use and easy to understand, we don't want that new "modern design".
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

222 by Kenrin »»
Yesterday, 11:32 AM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.