Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 2, 2016 6:06 AM

May 2012
_Rika said:
k11chi said:
The revival going back to the Hinazuki days..
The revival triggered by the murder of Satoru's mother insinuates that this particular incident is somehow related to the incident from 18 years ago but there's no guarantee that the perpetrators involved in both the cases are the one and the same person.

The only obvious one should be that the killer is the same and from what we know of what the MC's mother said, she clearly knew the killer is the same. "The case still hasn't been cleared!" etc. It's clear the culprit was the same. The motive for killing the mother was obviously because they knew each other in the past, as it took her a while to remember who he was, and when she did, she thought he was the culprit...
Feb 2, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2014
".It was me, Dio!"
Feb 2, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
We all guess that the teacher is the culprit, but I think the author is seemingly leading us to believe that between those suspicious people (especially the teacher, while Kayo's mother is quite not the person, since Satoru's mom said that though she beats her daugher that way, she still care about her appeareances and health.) is the culprit, while it might not be the answer. I haven't read the manga, but even if it was the teacher, there must be a whole another complex reason behind it.
Like, is it really just a kidnap and murder case? Why would the killer even bother killing Satoru's mom AFTER 18 YEARS just because she might finally found out his/her identity? If the culprit was clever, he/she would just do another kidnapping and killing in another part of the country, where no one might recognize him/her... yet, why would they do another crime after 18 years?

And, this is out of topic, but how did Satoru his "revival" ability? and why? Something sci-fi-ish or supernatural must've happened to him in between those 18 years. His ability is the key to all of these mysteries obviously.

And oh, do you remember what happened at the end of episode 3? The teacher and seemingly Kenya are talking about something. Why would an 11 years old kid hanging around school at night? The teacher trusts Kenya for his intelligence and shares whatever his plans are. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the culprits but actually investigating on some suspicious person.

And you need to notice this.

Did anyone remember about this piece of paper from ep 1?

current suspects

KyuremXFeb 2, 2016 7:33 AM
Feb 2, 2016 7:48 AM
Apr 2015
Anyone else think that this is still is gonna end with her dying??

I think that the killer has gotta someone not yet introduced .. Or I think it might be something obvious like her father or kenya.. I know its unlikely but there still a slim chance.
Feb 2, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
Nerdrampage said:
Anyone else think that this is still is gonna end with her dying??

I've thought about it too, since there will be lots of plot twists.. but oh God no... another Steins;Gate T^T
Feb 2, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
I'm assuming the people still hypothesizing that the killer is someone other than the 'obvious' have skipped over the comments of people who already answered this question?
Feb 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
KyuremX said:
current suspects

I'll skip on first two pictures as Kayo's mother is natural suspect in case (totally ignored by police, I think) and Kenya is really a weird kid for 10 years old.

Guys on third picture hadn't been introduced yet so not sure what role they are supposed to play in the story.

Show already tried to rule out Yuuki on fourth picture as he was actually convicted of all those disappearing/murders. Ironically, show didn't say if putting him to jail stopped the murders or not.

Guy on fifth picture isn't a teacher I think. His facial features seems different (more round face) and he wears glasses (not really proving anything)
Feb 2, 2016 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
For the last time, it's not someone we haven't been introduced to yet. This is a 12 episode anime, and we're 4 episodes deep. This is a murder mystery. It's ALWAYS someone we learn about within the first few episodes, generally the very first person. That's how these things go.

If we do meet new potential suspects in the next few eps, you can promptly disregard them.
Feb 4, 2016 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
The original timeline seems to point out at the real killer who killed 3 kids

But the second timeline seems like Kayo was killed by someone else while the real killer still kills others.

Agree?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 5, 2016 2:02 AM

Jul 2014
KyuremX said:

current suspects

Thanks for the picture :-) I was in doubt who the culprit is, but thanks to this picture it's more clear now.

The man to the right of the manager is probably his father and he is the guy from TV

The man manager is talking to is most likely the teacher

So what's the connection between those two?
mozgowFeb 5, 2016 2:05 AM
Feb 5, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2015
Imo the anime is making who the killer is pretty obvious lol. The manga had a lot more red herrings.

sugarpeachFeb 5, 2016 3:19 AM
Feb 5, 2016 3:39 AM

Jun 2013
sugarpeach said:
Imo the anime is making who the killer is pretty obvious lol. The manga had a lot more red herrings.

I started reading the manga after ep4 and
Feb 5, 2016 4:02 AM

Sep 2013
Badalight said:
Episode 3 only makes it more obvious. We learn that the teacher is scarily perceptive. Not to mention, two of the dead kids are from his class, and a nice/approachable teacher is a perfect coverup. Not to mention the mom recognized him, but not immediately. The hair color matches up as well. But probably the biggest give away comes in this episode. The teacher has noticed the bruises and has been in the process of getting Hinazuki help for MONTHS? I'm going to assume the mangaka did his research here, but that's NOT how children protection services work. It's not a slow moving process, they are on the ball when it comes to that. Since this is an integral part of the series, I am giving the mangaka benefit of a doubt that he did his research here, and this "hint" is a huge giveaway as to who the killer is.

This was the first BS, the teacher spouted, that made me suspicious of him when I read the manga two years ago. I'm glad there are a few who also thought of this. I didn't have the luxury of enjoying the gazillion hints the anime has been dropping (like it's hot, tbh) so far. The seiyuu is a huge hint too, if one listens carefully.
I also agree with your Kenya comment and thank your for bringing down the stupid idea of the killer not having been introduced yet. That is not how mystery works guise. e_e
Feb 5, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
teacher. In fact it's so obvious it becomes a problem.

In a good thriller the culprit has to be part of the main characters but here there are so few adult that it becomes obvious

- hero's mother (not possible)
- yuuki (not possible)

so in the end you have Kayo's mother or the Teacher. And at some point Kayo's mother will disappear from the story.

The author should have created more adult characters for this story.
Feb 5, 2016 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
sugarpeach said:

So much BS. you are ahead from the anime. Let it catch up first.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 5, 2016 9:15 PM

Apr 2015
DenjaX said:
sugarpeach said:

It's not that deep lol chill a bit
Feb 12, 2016 12:02 AM
Oct 2013
Here are the screenshots of the killer:

And here's a nice gif by DaylightDream

Now here is picture of the teacher:

Notice the following:
1. Same red necktie
2. Same suit
3. Same curly hair behind the neck area
4. Same nose line
5. Same smile
6. Same body build
7. Someone who knows that Hiromi Sugita is a boy

It's pretty much obvious at this point who the killer is; however there could be a plot twist so I'm saving that 1% of disbelief just in case.

I'm also supposing that people with "Red Eyes" somehow perpetrated a crime within the story. It's a 'hint' to tell the audience that they are the "bad guys" in the story.

So far, the characters with Red Eyes are:
1. The killer
2. Kayo's mother
3. The guy with Kayo's mother
4. The reporter who's friend with Satoru's mother

I do remember one more character but I'm not sure myself.

My guts is telling me that they're accomplices or at least connected in a one way or another. After all, information misdirection can't be done by the killer alone.
ExplodingGirlFeb 12, 2016 2:06 AM
Feb 12, 2016 12:52 AM
Nov 2015
One thing people might be forgetting is that Kayo's mother had red eyes in one shot and brown eyes in the other. If the same applies for the killer and his eyes only 'appeared' red if it was covered a bit, that could potentiallly increase the number of people who 'can' be the killer.

Alternatively, the killer might be a different person in the past than it is in the present. He was never shown during the duration of the 'revival' so really, he (or maybe even a she) could be almost anyone. The 'present' killer might just be a copycat killer who looks like the past one(in which case my bet is on Kenya or the teacher). I mean, the killer doesn't need to know who Satoru's mother is in the past to know that he was spotted by her. Even if Satoru's mother thinks she recognizes who the true killer is, she may have been wrong as the person she saw might have only 'looked' like the past one.

Another theory I have is that the news reporter is an accomplice of the killer. When Satoru's mother saw the killer, she called him. Even if the killer didn't notice that he was seen, he would still know if the reporter told him.
Feb 12, 2016 1:20 AM
Oct 2013
@GPAD

The Red Eyes aren't biologically permanent. It only appears to show "killing intent". This is due to the fact that both Kayo's mother and the reporter actually have brownish eyes.

No, the killer isn't a she. It ain't just possible. Just look at the screenshots I've added. No matter how you look, that body build is that of a male.

This is also the angle I've been looking from.
Feb 12, 2016 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
LOL people are guessing the obvious here. No surprise really, given how it was easy to identify the killer, although manga did a better job.

DenjaX said:
sugarpeach said:

That guy is on-point dude. The anime is giving gazillions of hints for the killer. In fact, by now almost everyone has guessed who it is.
Feb 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Dec 2015
strider_91 said:
LOL people are guessing the obvious here. No surprise really, given how it was easy to identify the killer, although manga did a better job.

DenjaX said:

That guy is on-point dude. The anime is giving gazillions of hints for the killer. In fact, by now almost everyone has guessed who it is.

It will give even more hints, at this point in the manga people didn't generally know who it was. There was a point in the manga and if it will be shown in the manga you can with 100% certaintity say who the killer is.

Feb 12, 2016 2:22 AM

Nov 2007
At this point, the anime has made it so obvious that this thread needs to be locked and made unavailable for future discussions.

But let me throw in something else; what if the new guy is somehow involved? I have this gut feeling seeing how he was jumping to conclusions and even trying to direct Satoru to the obvious. Not to mention there is no way we can tell for sure that Satoru's mother never got to tell him the perpetrator's name. As a matter of fact, that she probably gave him a name away ultimately led to her being murdered. A partner in crime, perhaps?

I am trying to grab a few hays here from a haystack of obvious. I mean we already know the identity of who the murderer is. When the wall showed it has "Impossible is Nothing" written on it, I seriously LOLed as if they are trying to impress. Honesty, just give us back the good old Kayo episodes.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2016 2:30 AM

Dec 2011
it's the girl airi mate

Feb 12, 2016 3:04 AM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:
But let me throw in something else; what if the new guy is somehow involved? I have this gut feeling seeing how he was jumping to conclusions and even trying to direct Satoru to the obvious. Not to mention there is no way we can tell for sure that Satoru's mother never got to tell him the perpetrator's name. As a matter of fact, that she probably gave him a name away ultimately led to her being murdered. A partner in crime, perhaps?
That's what I thought too. How killer knew that Satoru's mother recognized him and connected him to the crimes from 18 years ago? If she told only the guy from TV (forgot his name) then he had to tell it to the killer (intentionally or not).
Feb 12, 2016 3:34 AM

Jul 2013
I think it's the teacher. I don't know why, I just have that feeling. In fiction, the culprit tend to be the person you suspect the least.
Feb 12, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
Its The Teacher and bdw You Should Add A Spoiler Warning To This Post.. Because Most People Who Have Commented Here Have Read The Manga.. -,-
Feb 12, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
sugarpeach said:

I actually don't agree with that at all^^ The manga made it even more obvious who the murderer is. There are soooo many panels that are suspicious, so many things the person says.

Although as far as I remember most of them occur in the time after what has been covered by the anime up till now (E6). And I didn't see any red herrings either. The author doesn't even try to present you another plausible suspect. You have to suspect the actual killer because you simply have no credible alternatives.
BVerfGFeb 12, 2016 4:04 AM
Feb 12, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2010
My intuition and all the suspicions are pointing at the teacher as being the killer. It's all fine and dandy that people are acting super confident in their accusation of the teacher saying "ohh it's so obvious who the killerrr is" but honestly give one solid piece of evidence, proof.

That's what is going to freaking near impossible to do since this sly teacher has like a million things up his sleeve.
Honestly though, good thing Satoru has the revival ability LOL or like he would be 100% screwed
EarlCielFeb 12, 2016 9:42 AM
Feb 12, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
I think it's the teacher. I don't know why, I just have that feeling. In fiction, the culprit tend to be the person you suspect the least.

"you suspect the least" -really? The anime is giving more hints than the manga. Well, whatever.

BVerfG said:
sugarpeach said:

I actually don't agree with that at all^^ The manga made it even more obvious who the murderer is. There are soooo many panels that are suspicious, so many things the person says.

Although as far as I remember most of them occur in the time after what has been covered by the anime up till now (E6). And I didn't see any red herrings either. The author doesn't even try to present you another plausible suspect. You have to suspect the actual killer because you simply have no credible alternatives.

Well that was only after that car scene in manga that people started guessing. Tbh, actually this series is not good at mystery an people expecting something mindblowing will be disappointed
removed-userFeb 12, 2016 9:31 AM
Feb 12, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
strider_91 said:
Illyricus said:

"you suspect the least" -really? The anime is giving more hints than the manga. Well, whatever.
I don't see many hints coming from him. The teacher so far has been kind with Kayo and Satoru and had tried to help them in what he could do. If I would think in a more obvious response, I would think in Kayo's parents. That is why I suspect from the teacher, I don't think the killer would be an obvious choice.
Feb 12, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
I'll repeat it because it seems difficult. There are only 4 adults who get some development in the whole show

- the main character mother : can't be her
- the guy who will be falsely accused : can't be him the story would be pointless
- kayo's mother : her attitude screams "I'm a bad person". obvious red herring
- the teacher : omg ... it's the only one remaining. so who is the culprit????

It's not even a good detective story. When I read the following page I was like "ok nice ..."

Feb 12, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
short_review said:
I'll repeat it because it seems difficult. There are only 4 adults who get some development in the whole show

- the guy who will be falsely accused : can't be him the story would be pointless

It's not even a good detective story. When I read the following page I was like "ok nice ..."

I think you're missing the whole point. You listed down the 4 adults who get some development in the show, and single it down to one, but honestly you're 100% using your intuition with no evidence to back it up.

A "good" detective story isn't so having absolutely zero idea who the killer is, but piecing together the evidence against the killer and figuring out the entire mystery surrounding the case entails MORE than finding the killer. Even if you read the manga, as a reader you might be certain it's the teacher, but even you don't know all the details behind finding evidence against the killer. I mean in Death Note we were freaking told who Kira was because...need I say more? Literally that show is a perfect example of how there are more elements to a suspense/thriller anime than just finding the identity of the killer. That's why I think you're missing the point entirely.
EarlCielFeb 12, 2016 10:25 AM
Feb 12, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
@Illyricus..well there are many hints to be deduced from. Just look at the first three or four posts(not the spoilers) like sigopram and badalight,s posts qin this page, you will get it. ;)
In fact, almost it is painfully obv to everyone now it seems.
Feb 12, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
strider_91 said:
@Illyricus..well there are many hints to be deduced from. Just look at the first three or four posts(not the spoilers) like sigopram and badalight,s posts qin this page, you will get it. ;)
In fact, almost it is painfully obv to everyone now it seems.
Those post just confirms my suspections. I'm sure now that is the teacher.
Feb 12, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
EarlCiel said:
short_review said:

I think you're missing the whole point. You listed down the 4 adults who get some development in the show, and single it down to one, but honestly you're 100% using your intuition with no evidence to back it up.

A "good" detective story isn't so having absolutely zero idea who the killer is, but piecing together the evidence against the killer and figuring out the entire mystery surrounding the case entails MORE than finding the killer. Even if you read the manga, as a reader you might be certain it's the teacher, but even you don't know all the details behind finding evidence against the killer. I mean in Death Note we were freaking told who Kira was because...need I say more? Literally that show is a perfect example of how there are more elements to a suspense/thriller anime than just finding the identity of the killer. That's why I think you're missing the point entirely.

The thing is anime like Death Note/Monster revealed the identity of the perpetrator(s) from the get go without attempting to create a cloud of uncertainty around the criminal which Boke dake seemed to have attempted only to have revealed it without having to deal much with it.

It baffles me a bit because just a few seasons back, fans bashed Rokka no Yuusha for the same reason, whereas Boku dake is revered for pulling the same.

Let's be honest and admit that the last two episodes were pretty average and nothing extraordinary.

But I admit, the drive for the anime is now not identifying the killer, but putting together all the bits and pieces to make us understand there was a reason why elements of certain things were shown and if at all, there were partner(s) in crime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2016 10:50 AM

Feb 2016
Im leaning towards the teacher. I dont know but its just something about him.
Feb 12, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2014
EarlCiel said:
short_review said:

Death Note inverted the roles of the detective and the culprit and presented a compelling motive. It wouldn't have worked otherwise. But this show is a traditional murder mystery, so it has its work cut out out for it.
Feb 12, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
EarlCiel said:
short_review said:

That's true, for some mysteries. Most actually combine the quest for who the killer is, how he did it and what gives it away. But Boku clearly tries and fails to make a mystery out of who the killer is. (okay, maybe it succeeds somewhat, seeing as a lot of people seem to be still in the dark) The Death Note example falls flat for exactly that reason. We knew who it was, we knew how he did it and we saw it (at least in a huge part) from his perspective. Boku is none of these things. The manga treats the identity of the killer as a big reveal as well. It fails on that level. And I do not expect much from the supposed search for evidence, but it matters little. You're reshaping what kind of story Boku is and the argument "against" it. Or maybe you just view it differently.

It's not about having "zero idea". It's about it being painfully obvious. It's not about finding evidence (actually it's not even ALL mystery, a lot of it is preventing a crime and the personal relationships). This is not Conan, where the identity of the killer follows the search for evidence (as it is a result of the deduction from the evidence). It's exactly the other way around. Few mysteries do that and the one's that do usually don't treat the identity of the killer as a mystery.

How can we not judge a show on what it tries and fails to do? Death Note or Monster never tried to conceal the identity of the perpetrator. It all matters little as people clearly enjoy it and some are apparently oblivious to the identity of the killer, so that is that.
Feb 12, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
strider_91 said:

DenjaX said:

Of course it is obvious. I also figured it out in the manga.

But that dude is explaining about the red-herring the anime did not even show yet.

Feb 12, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
levelminded said:
it's the teacher mate.

^
This. i'm thinking the same thing too.
Feb 12, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2010
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Death Note inverted the roles of the detective and the culprit and presented a compelling motive. It wouldn't have worked otherwise. But this show is a traditional murder mystery, so it has its work cut out out for it.

Death note did invert the roles, however it doesn't change the fact that it was a show that did not focus on the mystery surrounding who the killer was. That was my entire point in bringing up that anime. This show may have elements that entail a "traditional murder mystery" which is a very vague and broad way of categorizing it, however the drive for this show is not identifying the killer. I think this is a similarity between the two shows. Part of the thrill and suspense is discovering how you can defeat "the other side"--for Death Note it was Kira vs. (for the sake of simplicity and to avoid...stuff) L. Both sides were in opposition with conflicting goals and in this anime I see the same drive of suspense in that Satoru is trying to find evidence for the killer and figure out the identity of the killer, while the killer is trying to put his life in complete ruin.

My main point is that the main focus of the show isn't necessarily figuring out the identity of the killer is what I'm saying.
It is, undoubtedly, one focus, but not the overarching focus, in my opinion.

BVerfG said:

That's true, for some mysteries. Most actually combine the quest for who the killer is, how he did it and what gives it away. But Boku clearly tries and fails to make a mystery out of who the killer is. (okay, maybe it succeeds somewhat, seeing as a lot of people seem to be still in the dark) The Death Note example falls flat for exactly that reason. We knew who it was, we knew how he did it and we saw it (at least in a huge part) from his perspective. Boku is none of these things. The manga treats the identity of the killer as a big reveal as well. It fails on that level. And I do not expect much from the supposed search for evidence, but it matters little. You're reshaping what kind of story Boku is and the argument "against" it. Or maybe you just view it differently.

It's not about having "zero idea". It's about it being painfully obvious. It's not about finding evidence (actually it's not even ALL mystery, a lot of it is preventing a crime and the personal relationships). This is not Conan, where the identity of the killer follows the search for evidence (as it is a result of the deduction from the evidence). It's exactly the other way around. Few mysteries do that and the one's that do usually don't treat the identity of the killer as a mystery.

How can we not judge a show on what it tries and fails to do? Death Note or Monster never tried to conceal the identity of the perpetrator. It all matters little as people clearly enjoy it and some are apparently oblivious to the identity of the killer, so that is that.

Just a warning ahead of time: I might be misinterpreting what you are saying. Also unintended sass may be in my reply, but I'm in no way trying to attack you.

You see, this is the problem with comparing animes. In certain cases, if you are comparing similar aspects of the shows, it is entirely acceptable. When I compared this show with Death Note, my intent was to highlight the point of how the identity of the killer does not "complete" a mystery or thriller anime. However, to compare Death Note, Monster, and this show (while I see your valid intent in doing so) in their different methods of portraying the killer...that I feel like might for all intents + purposes for my argument (specifically) be stretching it.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do and what not to do, just pointing out that animes have different ways of executing a certain idea. To compare them when you don't even know which direction the show is headed, I think, does not justify anything. It is true that this show does give VERY strong hints and basically shows you who the killer is and seemingly makes no effort of trying to hide who the killer is. Yet, the show does hide the killer, in a sense, since viewers are not given solid evidence. We are not far enough into the series to see the purpose of this, and even the effect of this executed, which is why I think it's too early to say whether the show "failed" in what it is trying to do. We may have an idea, however are unclear of what the show is trying to execute in the first place.

Also you said: "It's not about having "zero idea". It's about it being painfully obvious. It's not about finding evidence (actually it's not even ALL mystery, a lot of it is preventing a crime and the personal relationships)."

Perhaps the show might be trying to leave hints of evidence hidden in elements of the plot.Perhaps the evidence won't just be told to the viewers in a certain episode, and while it might...the entire picture is not illustrated through telling, but showing. That is a mystery. You are correct. This show is by no means like Conan since they are two completely different shows. People pretty much have a good idea of who the killer is, and my main point is that while it may be painfully obvious to some, that should not defer people's enjoyment from the show or make it less of a "mystery anime" just because the identity of the killer is not the overarching focus of the series. There is more to unfolding a mystery than figuring out the identity of the killer (sorry if I sound SUPER repetitive, but I'm trying to make my point very clear)
EarlCielFeb 12, 2016 2:39 PM
Feb 12, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2015

Well, naturally it's still a mystery, in a way. Although I disagree with what it is trying to do (in terms of the mystery-part): we're halfway through the season. I've read the manga to a fair degree and things change, of course, but...well I won't spoil it for anyone here. This discussion is probably meaningless and won't change anyones mind anyway. If people enjoy it, so be it. I'm confident that the rating won't drop even after, what I consider, a very weak handling of the mystery part.

The murderer is obvious. That doesn't mean it's not a mystery, but in the absence of any compelling reason for that, it fails on that level, imo. You may disagree or hold the position that we cannot be sure as of yet (which of course, is correct, we should judge it only after it is finished) and that pretty much means our discussion is over as well.
Feb 12, 2016 4:11 PM
Nov 2013
If Yashiro is the killer, I really would question a lot of the design choices they have made for the anime.

I mean, the killer has similar hair to Yashiro. Not hard to see if you pause the vid, and look at the hairs near the neck. But that's not the worst thing: the killer is wearing the exact same clothings as Yashiro during the earlier stages. Not just that, in epi three, when Yashiro puts a hand on the shoulder of Satoru, he's been portrayed as the typical bad guy. From slightly below, towering above the MC, partly shadowed. If he really is the killer, they wanted us to know this beforehand. But if so, why the mystery around the guy?

In the end, if he turns out to be the killer, we will be disappointed. Not because we want a plot twist, but because it's just a poor design choice: We've been put in suspense for several weeks, just to hear that the big conclusion is exactly the same as we'd been expecting all along. And that is boring. Something that does not belong in a anime of this quality - because everything else is just downright amazing :)

Besides that point. Have you guys checked the intro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f1AKWO0cJU&feature=youtu.be&t=41s Pauze @ 41s in. Why is Yashiro being paired with hinazuki's mother? Why isn't she paired with her friend? Does this mean there is a connection between the two? Yashiro secretly being her dad or something among the lines?
Feb 12, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2010
BVerfG said:

The murderer is obvious. That doesn't mean it's not a mystery, but in the absence of any compelling reason for that, it fails on that level, imo. You may disagree or hold the position that we cannot be sure as of yet (which of course, is correct, we should judge it only after it is finished) and that pretty much means our discussion is over as well.

Yupp, we pretty much can't discuss it any further and my opinions can most definitely and will probably change after I've seen the entirety of it. Cause honestly, watching this show I honestly don't know what to expect in terms of which direction it's headed.
Feb 14, 2016 3:27 AM

Apr 2015
BVerfG said:
sugarpeach said:

Eh I don't think so.

Feb 14, 2016 4:03 AM

Jan 2015
sugarpeach said:
BVerfG said:

Eh I don't think so.

Agree to disagree, but

Feb 14, 2016 4:08 AM
Dec 2015
I highly doubt it is Satoru.

Obviously there is something going on between Kenya and the teacher... I mean.. Kenya did say "It's good you're keeping an eye out on her (Kayo)" but I don't know why the teacher would do something sketchy when he already knows
in the first place and he's trying to take her away from that.

In the first episode when Satoru is going back to his apartment, before he walked in to see his
the killer (who has red eyes) looked at Satoru with a "sly smile" maybe like a "You know who I am, you just forgot" way. I honestly think one of Kayo's parent's killed Kayo & Satoru's mom because at the end of ep. 4, her mom took out the trash and Satoru
then she smiled in a sort of "accomplished" way, plus Kayo's parent's have red eyes.

It's obviously still too early in the show, but those are just my speculations.
0liveFeb 14, 2016 4:40 AM
Feb 14, 2016 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
BVerfG said:
sugarpeach said:

Eh I don't think so.

Agree to disagree, but

Anyways, I agree to disagree. At least you're civil about your opinion unlike some people on here lol.
Feb 14, 2016 12:29 PM
Jan 2015
I've got to say. it's pretty damn sad to see so many people making theories regarding the culprit based only on visual similarities between the culprit and various characters. It's almost as bad as the fact that the culprit
Feb 15, 2016 9:05 AM
Aug 2015
Has it already been revealed who the killer is in the manga?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Sayuri, a young anime singer, has passed away

Sacerdotisa - Yesterday

32 by cheeengm »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1416 by Shubhammk21 »»
Sep 23, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.