Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2016 12:32 AM
Jan 2016
Kolios said:
The guy is an idiot.

Who the heck thinks that helping the potential victim go through one day is enough to prevent a murder?

Two other kids are going to end up getting killed as well. This is not some "one time opportunistic" thing. The kid has to try finding the killer. And if he has to make himself the bait to find that murderer, so be it. He should hide a knife and be ready to stab the kidnapper in the spine or vitals.

Events are not always caused because you have to be at the right time and place. Sometimes, an event will happen regardless of a particular cause missing. If you went back in time and prevented the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria during the 28th of June 1914, that doesn't mean you'd have prevented World War one. The Serbian terrorists could have continued their effort or killed someone else. Some other event can have sparked the tension between the European empires. You'd need to put a lot more work than preventing the death of some noble.

/rant

He's trapped in a child's body. There's no way he would be able to face the killer one on one.

We do not know how time travel works here. It usually works differently for each narrative. So let's be patient & see.
Jan 29, 2016 12:34 AM

Aug 2013
I finally caught up with the manga, and I agree w/ most manga readers, it would be really hard to pull this out in 13 episodes, I just hope A-1 somehow manage this, that's my biggest concern right now because this show is amazing, it deserves a near perfect adaption.

That being said, great episode, it was to be expected that the problem would not be solved this easily, and now we gotta wait another week to see what happens, ughh...
Jan 29, 2016 12:44 AM
Jan 2016
Before watching it, I thought this episode would be the one where the anime slips up its execution, but noooooope. Since I read the manga, I knew what was going to happen in this episode, but the atmosphere, timing, and execution were so on point that it still had me glued to the screen.
Jan 29, 2016 12:53 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode again , it's always nice to see Kayo happy but damn you can't end the epîsode like this ! fuck . i really hope she's fine , she's such a cute little girl
Jan 29, 2016 12:56 AM
Nov 2015
Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.

I don't really see what's so generic about an anime with a 29 year old guy in his kid self trying to protect a girl from abuse by being sent back in time after seeing his mother in the future get killed. The closest thing I could think of is Detective Conan or Dragonball GT mixed with a little bit of Higurashi.

Anyway, back to the episode:
I really find it interesting how we have a backwards character development thing with Satoru's mother getting killed before developed.

Loving the interactions between the characters too. :O Satoru has guts!~
I sometimes find myself being suspicious of everything though. From the part where his friends say they've all got something to the part where the teacher calls on the two, I kept thinking that something bad was going to happen. Really though, it all made sense at the surprise party.

What I'm really suspicious of right now is Yuuki - There was a scene where a man driving a truck comes near him and it wasn't the same atmosphere as the shots of Kayo's parents and Satoru sleeping soundly.

Oh, and I have this weird theory(not a manga reader) that Satoru's coworker is related to Kayo somehow, being able to say something that Satoru says he had heard before.

When all this is over, I'm kinda hoping someone compiles a list of death flags in the anime since there's been quite a number of them already.
GPADJan 29, 2016 12:59 AM
Jan 29, 2016 1:01 AM
Oct 2013
Kolios said:
The guy is an idiot.

Who the heck thinks that helping the potential victim go through one day is enough to prevent a murder?

Two other kids are going to end up getting killed as well. This is not some "one time opportunistic" thing. The kid has to try finding the killer. And if he has to make himself the bait to find that murderer, so be it. He should hide a knife and be ready to stab the kidnapper in the spine or vitals.

Events are not always caused because you have to be at the right time and place. Sometimes, an event will happen regardless of a particular cause missing. If you went back in time and prevented the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria during the 28th of June 1914, that doesn't mean you'd have prevented World War one. The Serbian terrorists could have continued their effort or killed someone else. Some other event can have sparked the tension between the European empires. You'd need to put a lot more work than preventing the death of some noble.

/rant

Well said. Exactly the same thought that's been bothering me since he went back to the past.

TheServant said:
He's trapped in a child's body. There's no way he would be able to face the killer one on one.

Yes, way. There are a lot of ways a man trapped in a boy's body can do. After all, it's not like he can fight the killer even with his 29-year old body.

It's all about how he handles circumstances using intellect. He could have done a routine surveillance, careful human manipulation, data gathering and probing about the killer, etc. BUT this isn't a detective-type of anime so it's understandable.
Jan 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Nov 2014
See, I know this ep won't end peacefully, but how dare you make me such on edge until the very end. You're a manga writer, Satoru-kun, you should've known better that saying such happy things is a definite death flag! That cliffhanger! Holy shit I'm so ready to throw a tantrum!

This show is clearly the best. The story, the pace, the atmosphere, the character, the art, the sound... it's all perfect, at least it all fit to my taste. Definitely AOTS.
Jan 29, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2015
I'm waiting for Airi's comeback <3

This episode was nice, Kayo got into friends circle. Also people don't ship Kayo and Satoru... Satoru is like 29 years old and he don't particularly like Kayo. He just wanted to safe her and therefore become overprotective. This is to safe his mother, but he end up enjoying this life since he never had that much fun.

Jan 29, 2016 1:13 AM
Jan 2016
SigOpram said:
Yes, way. There are a lot of ways a man trapped in a boy's body can do. After all, it's not like he can fight the killer even with his 29-year old body.

It's all about how he handles circumstances using intellect. He could have done a routine surveillance, careful human manipulation, data gathering and probing about the killer, etc. BUT this isn't a detective-type of anime so it's understandable.

At least with his older body he would have the same physical strength & ability to fight the killer.

I do not think that's possible. He's not a detective, so he would not have the capability/would never thought to do that. It would be weird if he did something like that. He's just an average joe.
Jan 29, 2016 1:13 AM

Nov 2014
That cliffhanger makes me nervous......
Jan 29, 2016 1:39 AM
Oct 2013
TheServant said:

At least with his older body he would have the same physical strength & ability to fight the killer.

You have a point but it wouldn't matter either way. On the other hand, it's not like it's mandatory for the protagonist to have a 1v1 physical fight with the serial killer. It's also not the only way to track and catch a criminal.

TheServant said:

I do not think that's possible. He's not a detective, so he would not have the capability/would never thought to do that. It would be weird if he did something like that. He's just an average joe.

That's exactly the point. I'm on the same page as you.
ExplodingGirlJan 29, 2016 1:44 AM
Jan 29, 2016 1:42 AM

May 2012
Nooooo to many death flaaaags.

Kayo is really cute, i don't want her to die, but it doesn't seem things are going to be that well.

I have the feeling that Satoru did everything like he did before in the past, maybe he liked Kayo before and even invited her to his house as well. If so, everything happened again like in his original past...which would be bad news.

Nice episode anyway.
I despise woke people.
Jan 29, 2016 1:46 AM
Jan 2016
SigOpram said:
You have a point but it wouldn't matter either way. On the other hand, it's not like it's mandatory for the protagonist to have a 1v1 physical fight with the serial killer. It's also not the only way to track and catch a criminal.

Well, my comment about the protagonist with a child's body is to reply another user who thinks facing the killer one on one with a knife is a better idea.
Kolios said:
Jan 29, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2010
Great adaptation as always.
Satoru's mom is awesome, i love her.
Kayo smiles more thanks to Satoru's care, but that end was felt like a sea of emotion.
Can't wait to see next episode.
Jan 29, 2016 2:19 AM

May 2012
Kolios said:
The guy is an idiot.

/rant

SigOpram said:

Well said. Exactly the same thought that's been bothering me since he went back to the past.

It seems you didn't watch the first episode.

His powers was just like that, he would go back in time 1min and then he would just try to prevent whatever would happen and things would be ok. He is just trying to do that, making sure she is not alone in that park so the murderer can't catch her alone.

He doesn't know the intentions of the murderer so he is just assuming that was just something opportunistic that happened there. In fact, even us who are watching wouldn't be able to say for sure that the murderer was targeting Kayo specifically. Imagine the murderer is just some psycho guy, he walks around that area and just like that he happens to see a lone girl in the park late at night...he snatches her and kill her just because she was there. Now if the same guy pass by the same spot, but there is no girl there then he can't kill her. That's what Satoru is thinking.

Can you really say that the murderer wanted to kill Kayo specifically and he would do that no matter what? I can't say he/she was targeting Kayo because i don't even know who killed her and why he/she did it. If it was Kayo's mother the murderer then Satoru couldn't do anything about it anyway (since he couldn't just take her away from home and no one would believe his motives to do so), but he doesn't seem to suspect her either and he is mostly trying to prevent her from beating Kayo.

I think Kayo's mother is not the murderer since she is too much of suspect. The police most likely would have found something against her (when Kayo was killed in the past).
KaeUBWJan 29, 2016 2:40 AM
I despise woke people.
Jan 29, 2016 2:44 AM
Oct 2013
Kaetokiha said:

His powers was just like that, he would go back in time 1min and then he would just try to prevent whatever would happen and things would be ok. He is just trying to do that, making sure she is not alone in that park so the murderer can't catch her alone.

He doesn't know the intentions of the murderer so he is just assuming that was just something opportunistic that happened there. In fact, even us who are watching wouldn't be able to say that the murderer was targeting Kayo specifically.

Can you really say that the murderer wanted to kill Kayo and he would do that no matter what? I can't say he/she was targeting Kayo because i don't even know who killed her and why he/she did it. If it was her mother then he couldn't do anything about it (since he couldn't just take her away from home and no one would believe his motives to do so), but i think Kayo's mother is not the murderer since she is too much of suspect. The police most likely would have found something against her (when she was killed in the past).

In Kolios' defense, I've bolded the texts that doesn't add up. I also think you've misunderstood his point.

Satoru knows that the killer is specifically targeting Kayo. Despite not knowing the identity of the killer, he knows that the killer intends to kidnap and kill Kayo before her death in March 2. And not just Satoru, we as the viewers should know this since it was nicely explained in EP1 and EP2. No need for proof because what transpired is a fact that already happened in the past. It's historically proven.

The only variables here are: how Satoru would change the past, unlock the identity of the killer and his motivation, save the people who are involved in it and create a new future. Those are the vantage point of the plot. The rest (e.g. killer's intention, victims and modus operandi) are already known to us viewers.

Lastly, Kolios' point is that Satoru despite having prior knowledge did not actually solve the root of the problem, which is to catch the criminal. Satoru also thought that he effectively prevented her death by changing minor events (e.g. befriending Kayo, having a birthday party on X-Day, etc.) which in reality hardly affect the side or will of the killer. The only thing his effort did was to move the events a day later. Satoru in one word - fool.

But like I said in my previous post, this is understandable because Satoru is nothing like L or Conan Edogawa where logic and detective skills matter. He's an average guy who happens to be a manga artist with a time-related power.
ExplodingGirlJan 29, 2016 3:22 AM
Jan 29, 2016 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
Inb4 Satoru time travel back before the date and repeat it which explain the Deja Vu.

Jan 29, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
I can deal with 10-year-olds holding hands and stuff while their peers are teasing them about it, but knowing that one of them is actually a grown man and he just can't help but blurt things like "you're pretty" and so on just doesn't feel very comfortable to me. Anime, what have you done to me?

Finally figured out what Satoru's mother's huge lips remind me of. A moustache.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Jan 29, 2016 3:37 AM
Mar 2014
Melvin117 said:
HAPPY ENDING PLEASE

Zalmox1s said:
I can't even remember when was the last time that I was so inlove with an anime since FMAB. Everything in this show blends so beautifully and with such elegance.

People keep comparing it to Steins;Gate. I guess I`ve got to watch that too.

I think the same. Erased isn't just something that I'm watching on the season. It's something i'll remmember for the rest of my life. #100%fallinlove (The same with FMAB. The most amazing anime that i watched).
Jan 29, 2016 3:41 AM
Jan 2016
Aldael said:
I can deal with 10-year-olds holding hands and stuff while their peers are teasing them about it, but knowing that one of them is actually a grown man and he just can't help but blurt things like "you're pretty" and so on just doesn't feel very comfortable to me. Anime, what have you done to me?

Now that you say it, it's indeed kind of weird. Though it might be caused by the fact that he's in a child's body = his mind also slowly changing into a child's mind, hence he's attracted to Kayo. Or maybe he's a closet pedophile.
Jan 29, 2016 4:07 AM
Oct 2013
I really hope Kayo isn't dead T_T
I had automatically assumed so at the end of this episode but maybe I'm wrong..maybe they moved....
Oh man this episode was so cute and sweet but of course it had to end this way...sigh...
Jan 29, 2016 4:27 AM

Feb 2012
It's amazing how this story makes you get attached to its characters before you even realize it. The ending broke my heart to be honest despite knowing that it was bound to happen. Hinazuki's smiles were most precious as well as the dynamics between her and Satoru. I am not a manga reader, but my predictions are that:

I think there are many reasons for why Satoru acts in a childish way despite having experiences of an adult.

1. In the end, he is acting, not being his natural self. And there have been quite few times now that he lost his cool anyway.
2. Your prefrontal cortex does not fully develop until you're a young adult. It is a part of the brain that determines how mature we are and how much social control we have. This is why certain mental activities he is trying to do (like think without speaking out loud) is harder.
3. He is simply happy to be with his mother and friends again. I believe many people have that child within them and miss the happy times of childhood where adult's responsibilities were still far away from us.

But why did he not try to determine who the kidnapper is beats me. Of course, his logic was that if Hinazuki was not hanging out alone in the park, she would not become the kidnapper's target. However, this only makes sense if the kidnapper is a complete stranger. And if the kidnapper is who I think it is, then Satoru is very wrong and that logic falls apart.

Additionally, I don't think Satoru was necessarily looping (although it's possible) - he said himself that he actually bumped into Hinazuki 18 years ago in that place by accident, hence he experienced some of the same events again, causing déjà vu.

5/5, the tension is hitting the roof.
LadyNightmareJan 30, 2016 1:17 PM
Jan 29, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2009
Never trust a happy flow, it is meant to make it worse when something bad happens!
Jan 29, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2015
Another solid episode for an awesome show.
The whole episode I was just waiting for the bad twist to happen.
Can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out.
Those who have chalk, shall draw.
Jan 29, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2008
'promise' nononono Kayo-chan that's a trigger word

Next week seems so far from now.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Jan 29, 2016 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
Alright so I guess the Anime finally starts getting somewhere now. Maybe now it'll be good!
Jan 29, 2016 6:37 AM

Oct 2013
I don't remember the last time I watched some episode with so many opposite feelings. On one side happy that the kids are happy but, on the other, deep down inside still expecting, every moment, something bad to happen :(
Jan 29, 2016 6:39 AM

Dec 2014
yet another fantastic episode. This series is, so far, an amazing example of how to make great episodes.
Jan 29, 2016 6:39 AM

May 2015
2nd best anime this seaason
first is konosuba

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 29, 2016 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
Yet another amazing episode for this amazing anime. I love how each episode can catch up with the last one and be just as great.

Satoru's mother FTW!

Still trying to figure out where Airi comes into the story...
I mean, they wouldn't put her in the opening AND ending if she was just some side character that only meets 29-year-old Satoru...

And I'm really hoping that I'm not the only one that feels slightly uncomfortable seeing the romantic hints in Satoru's and Kayo's relationship. I know he's in the body of a 10-year-old but he still has the mind of a man that's nineteen years older =/ But that's the only thing that makes me feel iffy about their relationship. If he was just a regular little boy it'd be the cutest thing ever
Jan 29, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2008
KAYO X SATORU WERE SUPER CUTE THIS EPISODE!!!
The moment where Satoru took Kayo's hand omg he was seriously ikemen there >_>

PLEASE DON'T LET KAYO DIE
PLEASE DON'T LET KAYO DIE
Jan 29, 2016 7:32 AM
Apr 2015
I liked how Satoru and Kayo are slowly getting closer. How Satoru mother is so supportive as well as his friends. But Satoru should not of known that Kayo is still in danger most probably within her household, he should realise skipping a day will just extend it until later. He should go at the source of the problem and change her fate for the best. Maybe in the next few episodes.
Jan 29, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2014
maybe the killer now target kayo the last? so it's suspended by 2 days?
Jan 29, 2016 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Forgetful00 said:
I finally caught up with the manga, and I agree w/ most manga readers, it would be really hard to pull this out in 13 episodes, I just hope A-1 somehow manage this, that's my biggest concern right now because this show is amazing, it deserves a near perfect adaption.

That being said, great episode, it was to be expected that the problem would not be solved this easily, and now we gotta wait another week to see what happens, ughh...
Most of the manga readers, no offense are idiots, because an adaption isnt a carbon copy. They will if they have to skip things or rush over some scenes that dont need to be highlighted.

in all honesty this can easily be adapted in a 1 hr and 30 min movie.
Jan 29, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2012
The happy moments spells out the death, I knew it!
Whatever Satoru does, it somehow coincides with what happened in the past...

As usual, an awesome episode again. It was good seeing Satoru's mom stopping Kayo's mom's hand. It was cute seeing Satoru accidentally blurt out "You're pretty" in front of Kayo lol.

So, Kayo dies, then Satoru makes another revival...?
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Jan 29, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
Lawd Saturo's mother shouldn't ever die in the future D:
Why do I hate the ending ? I knew it was too great to be true, I mean its episode 4 but still a person could hope a bit ..
Jan 29, 2016 8:00 AM

Sep 2008
At first I was like :D but then I was like D:

It was beyond obvious from the start how the episode would end but it still made me sad.

Satoru might be regressing to his child mentality, that could explain why he kinda-ish likes Kayo. He's 29 mentally but it's not like he's gonna jump back to his future self after this is done, right? So he has to live his life again. Or you know, he's just calling a pretty girl pretty, it's not that weird. Either way, I really hope he saves her and ends up having all da babies with her. He'

From the description of the serial kidnapping crime, it seemed like the first victim was meant to be 10 years old then the next victims increase in age so it seems a bit weird that, if this was meant to the the killer's goal, that Kayo would be targeted.

Also it might be my imagination but doesn't Satoru's silhouette look just like the old man's (the one I assume is the killer)? His hair and eyes all seem to match.

It seems that age-wise, it could only be the Sensei, but isn't that too easy?
ThespacepopeJan 29, 2016 8:20 AM
Jan 29, 2016 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
Satoru meeting Kayo 18 years ago and having the same conversation at the Science Center... Satoru buying for 5000 yens whether with the mentality of a kid or a grown-up... Same with the Ice Skating last episode, Satoru redoing the "I will let him win because he trained more", even the fact that he could actually win in his true past self, how does this make sense ?

Why is Satoru even scared he could replay the same story as his past self when it's obvious he isn't since he approached Kayo from the start this time.

The only reason would be "Satoru is stuck in an infinite loop and has faint memory of the last time he relived his child state with his power as a déjà vu" but this is kind of screwed up.

I don't like how inconsistent this is from my point of view...
OrobouJan 29, 2016 8:12 AM
Jan 29, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2014
Zalmox1s said:
I can't even remember when was the last time that I was so inlove with an anime since FMAB. Everything in this show blends so beautifully and with such elegance.

People keep comparing it to Steins;Gate. I guess I`ve got to watch that too.

You must! i don't mean to compare BokuDake more lower, that's surely will be one of masterpiece anime ever created, but for me Steins;Gate is just another exception, that's even more than a masterpiece...
Jan 29, 2016 8:30 AM

Jan 2008
What I love about this anime is the fact that even though it is a man trapped in a child's body, there is always something magical and sweet about anime set in Elementary School. The interaction between Hinuzaki and Kayo is just really sweet and cute, that it makes me tear up a bit.

It isn't because of the romance, but because Kayo is over the moon. From an abused background, she made friends and she's coming out of her shell more and more. This is how character development should be done and in an Elementary School setting without the typical teenage drama bullshit, this is the kind of anime I love to see.

Erased is brilliant for me, as a person that is starting to hate anime. It's making me open up to trying out new anime again.
SolitaryYatesJan 29, 2016 8:34 AM
Jan 29, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode as usual. ONE WHOLE WEEK AGAIN? This sucks.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jan 29, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
god dammit this is so good
Jan 29, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2015
since there's still a ways to go, i expect his attempt to not be a success... i love the pacing of this so far, and though he has had the courage and audacity to be so bold towards her probably due to the fact that his soul is much older, its still nice to see those moments. Hinazuki deserves all the light that she's getting.

Unitl next week~

Jan 29, 2016 9:18 AM

Oct 2014
mrkm said:
aku_haru said:
Of course something had to go wrong, it is still the fourth episode ww
Hinazuki said some things that made my theory
seem credible

Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jan 29, 2016 9:37 AM
Jun 2015
i'm cant describe my love for the first 4 Ep, 'im feeling that i'll fall in tears in the end
Jan 29, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
Satorus mother rules! :D

Really loving the relationship between Satoru and Hinazuki...I love seeing Hinasuki so happy. Though now we're on a cliffhanger
Jan 29, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
What a episode! I will not hold until next week, this episode was so intense, and they end it like this? Please hope this week will be the fastest week ever hahaha
I need a happy ending in this anime, we all want it.
Satoru's mother saving Kayo from being beaten by her mother, this was an intense moment.
That surprise party by their friends was brilliantly done, everyone should have such good friends as they have.
Everytime i see a new episode i keep telling myself that this anime is a masterpiece.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 29, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2012
SigOpram said:
Kaetokiha said:

He doesn't know the intentions of the murderer so he is just assuming that was just something opportunistic that happened there. In fact, even us who are watching wouldn't be able to say that the murderer was targeting Kayo specifically.

Can you really say that the murderer wanted to kill Kayo and he would do that no matter what? I can't say he/she was targeting Kayo because i don't even know who killed her and why he/she did it. If it was her mother then he couldn't do anything about it (since he couldn't just take her away from home and no one would believe his motives to do so), but i think Kayo's mother is not the murderer since she is too much of suspect. The police most likely would have found something against her (when she was killed in the past).

In Kolios' defense, I've bolded the texts that doesn't add up. I also think you've misunderstood his point.

Satoru knows that the killer is specifically targeting Kayo. Despite not knowing the identity of the killer, he knows that the killer intends to kidnap and kill Kayo before her death in March 2. And not just Satoru, we as the viewers should know this since it was nicely explained in EP1 and EP2. No need for proof because what transpired is a fact that already happened in the past. It's historically proven.

The only variables here are: how Satoru would change the past, unlock the identity of the killer and his motivation, save the people who are involved in it and create a new future. Those are the vantage point of the plot. The rest (e.g. killer's intention, victims and modus operandi) are already known to us viewers.

Lastly, Kolios' point is that Satoru despite having prior knowledge did not actually solve the root of the problem, which is to catch the criminal. Satoru also thought that he effectively prevented her death by changing minor events (e.g. befriending Kayo, having a birthday party on X-Day, etc.) which in reality hardly affect the side or will of the killer. The only thing his effort did was to move the events a day later. Satoru in one word - fool.

But like I said in my previous post, this is understandable because Satoru is nothing like L or Conan Edogawa where logic and detective skills matter. He's an average guy who happens to be a manga artist with a time-related power.

Lol no to everything.

How can you say the killer was targeting Kayo? We don't his intentions and he can be even a character that didn't appear yet in the story.
We know for a fact that Kayo was the first kid killed...that's it. We don't know why she was killed and because of this we can't say the killer was planning to kill her.

Satoru thinks the same thing...he even said that in this episode. Here some pics to prove that...

Satoru only knows that Kayo will be killed by someone, but he thinks she was target because she was always alone in the park (look at the picks) and the killer just saw her there and killed her. That's something that makes sense since a kid alone at night in a deserted area can be very dangerous IRL. He is probably not considering the fact that the killer may be someone he knows...which doesn't mean he is a fool for not thinking that. (there is no way he would know that)

This is why he can't search for the killer (because you can't search someone you don't even know) and that's why he is doing all these things. He is just trying to take Kayo from that lonely park...and he succeed in doing that since she was never there since they started to date.

The day he thought Kayo was kidnapped in the park was over and Kayo never went to that park, he was successful. How can you say he is a fool?

Maybe kayo wasn't kidnapped in the park after all (in the original past) and maybe something happened in her house, but since Satoru doesn't know that he only made efforts to prevent her to stay in the park.
KaeUBWJan 29, 2016 11:36 AM
I despise woke people.
Jan 29, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
omfg that cliffhanger.. I'm so tempted to read the manga.. No I must persevere...
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 29, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2012
Inugirlz said:
Nexxkinn said:
Good job, Satoru!
And, another point of view from Satoru's mom proving that she still loves her child based on her clothes. Man, I don't even think that aspect.

I think they key part there wasn't that the mom is showing her love by dressing her child well but that she wants everything to appear find to everyone else. That's why Satoru's mom said her mom cares about appearances rather than saying her mom cares that she has the best/looks the best. If she's well dressed people won't think she's being abused/mistreated.
Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.

Curious, what makes it generic? Is there another story out there similar? (because if there is I wanna read/watch it too). I find it pretty refreshing personally.
Lots of visual novels use the same concept of going back in time to redo something. It's not really common in anime/manga.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.