Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2014 10:27 PM
Oct 2013
...in number of episodes. Yu Yu Hakusho had 19 volumes adapted through 112 episodes; Hunter x Hunter 2011 currently has 116 episodes adapted from 26 volumes and is still going strong. There's so much difference in the pacing.

Can we consider this Togashi's magnum opus? Or does that honor still belong to Yu Yu Hakusho?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2014 10:32 PM

Nov 2010
HxH is definitely better than YYH, especially the second half with it's bad ending. Though of course HxH could have a bad ending, if Togashi ever gets off his ass.
Feb 15, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2011
Madhouse rushed the beginning arcs.

Don't ask the obvious.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 15, 2014 10:52 PM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

They only rushed through a few chapters. Kite being the obvious example, along with the second exam phase. Other than that, they haven't really rushed through anything else.

ToG25thBaam said:
Don't ask the obvious.

Many people might consider Hunter x Hunter to be better than Yu Yu Hakusho, but Togashi made his bones with YYH. It's what made him famous. Years from now, which series will people think of first when they hear Yoshihiro Togashi's name? Will he be the guy that wrote Yu Yu Hakusho or the guy that wrote Hunter x Hunter?
Feb 15, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
YYH is just another generic shonen

So of course it will be more memorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 12:14 AM

Jun 2011
wubikro said:
ToG25thBaam said:

They only rushed through a few chapters. Kite being the obvious example, along with the second exam phase. Other than that, they haven't really rushed through anything else.

Oh I see.

wubikro said:

ToG25thBaam said:
Don't ask the obvious.

Many people might consider Hunter x Hunter to be better than Yu Yu Hakusho, but Togashi made his bones with YYH. It's what made him famous. Years from now, which series will people think of first when they hear Yoshihiro Togashi's name? Will he be the guy that wrote Yu Yu Hakusho or the guy that wrote Hunter x Hunter?

Sorry but I can't predict the future. All I know is that I like HxH better than YYH, and it seems to be the case for majority of the fans. And also, I can't get into YYH for some reason. So, the first thing that rings in my mind when I hear of Yoshihiro Togashi is Hunter x Hunter and lazy.
Feb 16, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
This topic is begging for flaming.

Episodes / chapters / length doesn't necessarily denote quality, though I'm sure Togashi would have liked to continue YYH with complete creative liberty (WSJ wouldn't have it). To keep their hands on him once he was finished however, realizing they would be losing free money, they were quite lax on their contract for his next big series, which was HxH. Addressing these liberties, despite however much we all may hate these hiatuses, HxH is truly cream of the crop shonen - his constraints on storytelling and content is more or less limited to his own desires, and whether you like it or not, there's true uniqueness and integrity that comes without those constraints.

I personally like HxH a good deal more than YYH, though I still think it's an excellent precursor and shonen in its own right.
Feb 16, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2014
Dangerr said:
This topic is begging for flaming.

Episodes / chapters / length doesn't necessarily denote quality, though I'm sure Togashi would have liked to continue YYH with complete creative liberty (WSJ wouldn't have it). To keep their hands on him once he was finished however, realizing they would be losing free money, they were quite lax on their contract for his next big series, which was HxH. Addressing these liberties, despite however much we all may hate these hiatuses, HxH is truly cream of the crop shonen - his constraints on storytelling and content is more or less limited to his own desires, and whether you like it or not, there's true uniqueness and integrity that comes without those constraints.

I personally like HxH a good deal more than YYH, though I still think it's an excellent precursor and shonen in its own right.

That actually happened? Wow, interesting. Props to him for that too.

I personally think it's the best thing coming out of WSJ in story, characters and action. Watching YYH on the other hand, felt like a job for me. The tournament had no real tension.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
I haven't finished YYH, just completed the Dark Tournament a week or so ago, but it isn't anywhere near as engaging as HxH. I think it relies too much on fighting, obviously that was what the tournament arc was really all about, though when it does focus on characters I noticed it was definitely more interesting. But, I also haven't watched Chapter Black yet, which alot of YYH fans say is great stuff, so we'll see.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 16, 2014 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
Something to keep in mind was that YYH had stuff like DBZ as direct competition while it was being made, which had an effect on how much pressure from editors put on him to push the story in certain directions.
He also has learned more about writing since starting YYH (he was about 24 when starting YYH, about 32 for HxH) and has had his wife to influence him in his writing (she literally helped work on HxH vol 1), on top of more creative freedom after the YYH ending fiasco.
Feb 16, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2013
In terms of quality, HxH is without a doubt superior to YYH. Not that the latter is bad, its quite good, but it suffers from several problems that don't plague HxH. Its obvious that Togashi had more freedom with this series, and its all the better for it.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 16, 2014 8:55 AM
Oct 2013
insan3Spectre said:
But, I also haven't watched Chapter Black yet, which alot of YYH fans say is great stuff, so we'll see.

The light and darkness duality between Gon and Killua borrows heavily from the Chapter Black arc of YYH. I'd recommend watching it for that reason alone.
Feb 16, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
Can Chapter Black be watched as a standalone arc?
Feb 16, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 2013
judals said:

Viewing it standalone shouldn't be a problem, it starts on episode
and ends on episode

In general, Hunter x Hunter borrowed heavily from Chapter Black. Although it was referred to as something else, Nen was conceptualized during this arc.
Feb 16, 2014 9:22 AM
Jan 2014
wubikro said:

yuyu hakusho not even close . its been a ceritified classic . plus if hunter x hunter 2011 use the pacing of yuyu hakusho we would probably just be starting the chimera ant arc.
Feb 16, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
Well, I've watched both and I am a big fan of them both, but as of right now I like HxH a lot more.

I like the cast more (Was never a fan of Kurama or Kuwabara) and I find myself on the edge of my seat a lot more with HxH. It was one of those shows that I HAD to marathon until I caught up because it had me craving more.

However, both works are something he should definitely be proud of, they're amazing shounen.
Feb 16, 2014 10:15 AM
Mar 2013
YYH has better fights, actually I don't recall shonen with better fights, but HxH is better overall. Hard to judge characters since they are pretty much exactly the same. Yusuke - Gon, Kurapika - Kurama, Kuwabara - Leorio, but Killua is definitely better character than Hiei.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Feb 16, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
I love both Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho, but as many have said, Hunter x Hunter definitely takes the cake on this one :) as long if Togashi continues the manga
Feb 16, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2012
I grew up watching Yu Yu Hakusho, just like DBZ but I found Yu Yu Hakusho to be more interesting due to the more unique characters and faster pace. I didn't actually get to finish it until years later since it kept moving around and taking long breaks when it was airing. Back in the Yorknew arc, HxH was gaining on YYH for me and I thought it may even surpass it but as of now, despite a disappointing final arc YYH is definitely my preference.
Feb 24, 2014 10:08 AM
Feb 2014
wubikro said:
ToG25thBaam said:

ToG25thBaam said:
Don't ask the obvious.

I think it has to be Hunter X hunter that is the answer, YuYu Hakusho is nothing in comparison to HxH the true masterpiece of Togashi.
Feb 24, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
The Ant arc pushed this series beyond anything YYH accomplished imo.
Feb 24, 2014 3:49 PM
Apr 2013
gedata said:
The Ant arc pushed this series beyond anything YYH accomplished imo.
Agreed. The Ant arc has been nothing short of fantastic, narration and all.

I love YuYu Hakushou. It was the first shounen anime I watched (Back when it was airing on Adult Swim), but Hunter x Hunter is no doubt better. It's definitely Togashi's masterpiece and probably the best shounen to exist.
MCALFeb 25, 2014 9:47 AM
Feb 26, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
judals said:

Okay, I got a real problem with this question.
Regardless of how you defend yourself after this, you CLEARLY either have A) never seen YYH, or B) have either watched it so inconsistently or long ago that you have no memory of it.

With that being said, my problem arises when you chose to comment, and keep commenting, on how HxH is better than YYH.
Like you'd really know...

This isnt the correct thread for HxH fanboyism; Or quite the opposite, as it seems reading all the comments, BUT I personally think its pretty lame to answer the OP's question without really knowing or having first-hand viewing experience.

Now, defend yourself, but regardless, that statement got you caught red-handed.

My personal opinion for the thread, is that they were made in two different era's, and are both equally impressive anime/manga for their time.

I do find it a little funny that so many people, (or everyone) claim HxH is better, yet every one of those people have admitted to almost all HxH characters as a reiteration, or development, on original YYH characters.
Which would make YYH the basis of HxH characterization.

I felt that HxH develops on characters more. Honestly, I felt a lot more excited watching YYH, though. HxH is more unique, in a way,
but honestly, I feel they are both their own SUB-genre of shounen and are thus kind of unfair to compare in the first place.

Still, there is no rules and nothing wrong with plain old discussions and opinions on OP's question. This is just mine.
dextronautFeb 26, 2014 9:10 AM
Feb 26, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I started watching YYH in 2009, I caught up with Naruto, One piece, bleach, Berserk and HxH ever since, and two weeks ago I finally got to Hiei vs Bui, so yeah it's a bit inconsistent, but because of the simple story and unique art style I get to remember it like it was yesterday.

YYH is just fights after fights, and unlike one piece, it doesn't even try to hide it. It's blatantly fights after fights. So I found it to be pretty boring.
Feb 26, 2014 5:37 PM
Aug 2013
insan3Spectre said:
I haven't finished YYH, just completed the Dark Tournament a week or so ago, but it isn't anywhere near as engaging as HxH. I think it relies too much on fighting, obviously that was what the tournament arc was really all about, though when it does focus on characters I noticed it was definitely more interesting. But, I also haven't watched Chapter Black yet, which alot of YYH fans say is great stuff, so we'll see.
insan3Spectre said:

Ah then you could be pleasantly surprised since seeing as your one of your favorite anime is hunter x hunter, there's a good chance you can like chapter black. This arc in particular is almost like a prototype of hunter x hunter in some ways. It uses more intelligence and is a bit lighter on the fighting. I can't say too much though or i might spoil some things. It's better than the dark tournament in my opinion
Feb 26, 2014 6:18 PM
Aug 2013
dextronaut said:
judals said:

Okay, I got a real problem with this question.
Regardless of how you defend yourself after this, you CLEARLY either have A) never seen YYH, or B) have either watched it so inconsistently or long ago that you have no memory of it.

With that being said, my problem arises when you chose to comment, and keep commenting, on how HxH is better than YYH.
Like you'd really know...

This isnt the correct thread for HxH fanboyism; Or quite the opposite, as it seems reading all the comments, BUT I personally think its pretty lame to answer the OP's question without really knowing or having first-hand viewing experience.

Now, defend yourself, but regardless, that statement got you caught red-handed.

My personal opinion for the thread, is that they were made in two different era's, and are both equally impressive anime/manga for their time.

I do find it a little funny that so many people, (or everyone) claim HxH is better, yet every one of those people have admitted to almost all HxH characters as a reiteration, or development, on original YYH characters.

I felt that HxH develops on characters more. Honestly, I felt a lot more excited watching YYH, though. HxH is more unique, in a way,
but honestly, I feel they are both their own SUB-genre of shounen and are thus kind of unfair to compare in the first place.

Still, there is no rules and nothing wrong with plain old discussions and opinions on OP's question. This is just mine.

I agree. Hunter X Hunter is amazing but it does have some obvious similarities with yu yu hakusho, and yet the hxh fanboys deny it, and some go as far as to call it the antithesis to hunter x hunter ( saw a review).
Feb 26, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't care much for the middle of the Dark Tournament/Yusuke vs Sensui, but the rest of the show was quite awesome.
Feb 26, 2014 10:13 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Someone trying to disregard someone's opinion based on an anime they like.... never mind. Maybe if you gave some reasoning, but again, someone who would disregard someone's opinion just based on what anime they like. Would be surprised if he was able to tie his own shoes.

HxH is their God, you ought to be more considerate, this is the norm for them. People are not allowed to enjoy YYH more than HxH, that's how it is.
Feb 26, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2014
And yet we see a bunch of one piece worshippers trying to flame bait other fan bases.

People didn't like YYH? They are free to do so.
The other person is just flaming. And he happens to be from the one piece community. And evidently the others are rushing in to justify his posts.
Feb 26, 2014 11:06 PM

Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Someone trying to disregard someone's opinion based on an anime they like.... never mind. Maybe if you gave some reasoning, but again, someone who would disregard someone's opinion just based on what anime they like. Would be surprised if he was able to tie his own shoes.

HxH is their God, you ought to be more considerate, this is the norm for them. People are not allowed to enjoy YYH more than HxH, that's how it is.
Ikr. And HxH is the only anime that has no cliches, is completely original, and where characters die.
Feb 26, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2010
dextronaut said:
You could say that HxH is the polished, improved version of YYH then, no? (in terms of characterization)
Feb 26, 2014 11:48 PM

Jun 2011
judals said:
And yet we see a bunch of one piece worshippers trying to flame bait other fan bases.

People didn't like YYH? They are free to do so.
The other person is just flaming. And he happens to be from the one piece community. And evidently the others are rushing in to justify his posts.

This will be my last time replying to you, and I am sure that you've already realized this, but some people don't give 2 fucks about your post already.

NHS was the one who started this, seriously, are you blind or what? Speak for yourself. All I see from almost everywhere was "Oh look, One Piece fanboys.".

Flaming, huh? From what I see, he said
Sorry HxH 2011 has a lot of boring moments compare to Yu Yu Hakusho

PT arc is the best arc

At this moment CA arc is not all that special, and the ant's design looked stupid

So this is what you call flaming?

And do you know what the other dude said?
You might've given your reason for liking YYH more than HxH, but who cares, you're One Piece fanboy

All IT said was not to judge someone by the anime they liked. So, I am guessing that he was flame baiting. Make sense, cuz we r OP craze fanboys. Can people get any more biased?

By the way if you haven't notice, that was IT sarcasm.

And that's that, my last time replying to you, judeau-chan.

IntroverTurtle said:
Ikr. And HxH is the only anime that has no cliches, is completely original, and where characters die.

Anime watched: 10.
Make sense, all of it. The sky is blue after all.
Feb 27, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
So, there's not just people claiming it to be an original shonen show? They're reaching as far as calling it an original "anime" of that caliber, now?
Feb 27, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
GalekC said:
So, there's not just people claiming it to be an original shonen show? They're reaching as far as calling it an original "anime" of that caliber, now?

Somewhere out there there is a show that is also original and well-written, so that's an excuse that hxh is not better than their unoriginal and badly written anime.
Great logic.

What's wrong with calling it original? Because it seems like the case.
Nobody says it's the only show ever to be original. But compared to the other standard shonen, it stands out for its own reasons.
Remember that epic shonen throwdown at the end of the hunter exam/yorknew? Remember gon fighting illumi to free killua? And climactically beating hisoka in the rematch? Me neither.
And even now, the complaints are rolling in about how there's no action and too much o this and that.

And it's not like luffy's first post ans it's completely innocent. Nor is the circle of people of bis fandom hovering around like vultures. Their job is to come to the aid of any troll who comes and make sure his post is bumped to the next page to feel better about themselves.
GrunbeldFeb 27, 2014 2:02 AM
Feb 27, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2013
HxH is a great and unique series but imo, it's just consistent to me, it never had any holy shit moments or fights even close to YYH level. Not even the Chimera ant arc fights are like that. YYH characters, atleast the main cast are the more complex and unique characters in general, their personalities are distinct and can be related to more imo. Also even if I enjoy the 2011 version of HxH, it was not only heavily rushed but the flashiness doesn't suit it as much as the original version. There is something I like alot more about the manga and original version of HxH compared to the 2011 version even if it's shown to surpass manga moments like in last episode but this is a bit off topic. Before I caught up YYH was definitely superior, as it went on, the lines became blurry with YYH coming out the better series in my eyes, when I caught up to HxH I thought it was superior, then later I looked at some YYH episodes to refresh my memory and was already convinced it was better lol. Imo Togashi is gonna have to bring his A-game and do something really crazy in HxH when he comes out of hiatus for me to change my mind. That's if he comes out of hiatus because if the new anime gets cancelled or gains filler for getting too close to the manga I'm dropping it.
SCARY MONSTER
Feb 27, 2014 2:13 AM
Sep 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

HxH is their God, you ought to be more considerate, this is the norm for them.People are not allowed to enjoy YYH more than HxH, that's how it is.

Wtf? Where did you even get that?

NHS was the one who started this, seriously, are you blind or what? Speak for yourself. All I see from almost everywhere was "Oh look, One Piece fanboys."

I agree that NHS did start everything but don't act like you're 100% free of any blame and then point to judal like he was completely at fault. Afterall, his post regarding "one piece worshippers" was only a response to your equally obnoxious post about HxH fans.

All IT said was not to judge someone by the anime they liked. So, I am guessing that he was flame baiting. Make sense, cuz we r OP craze fanboys. Can people get any more biased?

Obviously, HxH doesn't have the best fan base but you are seriously magnifying the problem. I wasn't here when Dolan-chan and HurricaneSweet were active but I'd say that the overall behavior of the fan base is great at the moment. How many HxH fans do you see hating on other anime on the forum? How many do you see hating on One Piece? Besides maybe 1-2 people, none.

Oh and quit the double standards. As I said earlier, I agree that NHS-KEMISH started this but can you single out the HxH fan base for having fans who react to a provocative posts that way? Every fan base is defensive and that includes One Piece. If a HxH fan went to the OP board posting something like this

HxHGon said:
Sorrty One Piece, has too many boring episode to compare it with yu yu hackushoo. the best arc is the enies lobby arc, at the moment the Dressrosa arc is not all that. also the character design for the islanders looks stupid as fuck!!

don't you think that it would be normal for a few OP fans to bash him as well? I wouldn't be surprised if a OP fan disregarded another person's comment based on the anime he or she likes because it's normal. Seriously, stop singling the fan base out and painting us out to be horde of rabid fans who would trash the shit out of any other anime because very very few of us do that.

Once again, remove the magnifying glass and count how many HxH fans come to mind when you think about people who bash One Piece (or any other anime for that matter) and you'll be surprised to find out that the actual number is a lot less than the number you have in mind.
CresherhsmFeb 27, 2014 2:37 AM
Feb 27, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2014
It's futile, he's trying to make out the fanbase to look like his own so that they'd be considered civil. It's like fighting fire with fire.
Feb 27, 2014 3:47 AM
Sep 2013
judals said:
It's futile, he's trying to make out the fanbase to look like his own so that they'd be considered civil. It's like fighting fire with fire.

You're reading too much into it. :P
Feb 27, 2014 3:56 AM

Nov 2013
I think it's ignorant to say in the title it's already surpassed YYH when it's just the OP's opinion but he state it like it's a fact.
SCARY MONSTER
Feb 27, 2014 7:28 AM
Oct 2013
GuusWayne said:
I think it's ignorant to say in the title it's already surpassed YYH when it's just the OP's opinion but he state it like it's a fact.

I said HxH surpassed YYH in number of episodes, which is a fact. The opening post was literally two sentences and you didn't even bother to read it.
Feb 27, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2010
Cresherhsm said:
Obviously, HxH doesn't have the best fan base but you are seriously magnifying the problem. I wasn't here when Dolan-chan and HurricaneSweet were active but I'd say that the overall behavior of the fan base is great at the moment. How many HxH fans do you see hating on other anime on the forum? How many do you see hating on One Piece? Besides maybe 1-2 people, none.
Actually a lot, I don't think you spend much time on the forum. That's one of the reasons why the word Huntard has started getting popular. Here's one from the first couple of pages on a popular thread in AD right now. I'm sure especially if you go further back into the HxH threads you'll find some, even in that one should HxH have it's rating thread there were people writing off the OP because she was a One Piece fan.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1039987&show=40#msg28755187

And judals is HurricaneSweet and Dolan-chan.

HxHGon said:
Sdon't you think that it would be normal for a few OP fans to bash him as well? I wouldn't be surprised if a OP fan disregarded another person's comment based on the anime he or she likes because it's normal. Seriously, stop singling the fan base out and painting us out to be horde of rabid fans who would trash the shit out of any other anime because very very few of us do that.

Once again, remove the magnifying glass and count how many HxH fans come to mind when you think about people who bash One Piece (or any other anime for that matter) and you'll be surprised to find out that the actual number is a lot less than the number you have in mind.
Why would OP fans bash him? So your defense is, you're sure fans from the anime he likes would do the same so it's ok.

It's actually quite a lot.
Feb 27, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
While HxH fans are more 'elitist' they are just as defensive as OP fans. Disregarding other people opinions because of their favorite shounen anime or any anime is general is a common defense mechanism on online forums, it's always used by people who can't post well constructed arguments or back up whatever nonsense they are spouting, so they stick to this type of shit posting and flame baits to hide that.

Shounen anime have immature fans, it's not really much of a surprise and it goes for almost all type of anime probably.
Feb 27, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
it's always used by people who can't post well constructed arguments or back up whatever nonsense they are spouting, so they stick to this type of shit posting and flame baits to hide that.

Remind me of that emogay/sasugay stuff a while back.
Feb 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
Cresherhsm said:
judals said:

You're reading too much into it. :P

No, trust me, he is here just to do that.

The first time I commented on a one piece related event, he kept bringing up HxH in some childish ways for no reason.

They keep talking about constructive criticism but all I see is one person hating and the others latching onto his comments and glorifying it. Have they (this bunch exclusively).

So a person is being defensive when people say they want fights and someone tells them this is not about fights? No. They are bashing it, and even when someone has the good grace to acknowledge them, they treat this as if it's some sin. This is a place for discussion in the first place.
Feb 27, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2013
wubikro said:
GuusWayne said:

I said HxH surpassed YYH in number of episodes, which is a fact. The opening post was literally two sentences and you didn't even bother to read it.
But you also think it has surpassed Yu Yu Hakusho in quality which is the point of your thread. It has nothing to do with the number of episodes. Also HxH manga has been ahead of Yu Yu Hakusho for a good while now but more content doesn't mean better quality.
SCARY MONSTER
Feb 27, 2014 5:33 PM
Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Cresherhsm said:
Actually a lot, I don't think you spend much time on the forum. That's one of the reasons why the word Huntard has started getting popular. Here's one from the first couple of pages on a popular thread in AD right now. I'm sure especially if you go further back into the HxH threads you'll find some, even in that one should HxH have it's rating thread there were people writing off the OP because she was a One Piece fan.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1039987&show=40#msg28755187

I've seen sebrina's posts, she's like that to anyone. I wouldn't call her a huntard. Like I said, besides maybe 1-2 people, there aren't any HxH fans who hate on One Piece. Every time a OP thread goes up in flames in the anime forum, it's basically always a bunch of OP guys vs judals, tsudecimo and Jd. Again, remove the magnifying glass and count how many HxH fans come to mind when you think about people who hate on One Piece. You're right, I may not visit the forum much but I believe I've seen more than enough to have a proper say in things.

IntroverTurtle said:
Why would OP fans bash him? So your defense is, you're sure fans from the anime he likes would do the same so it's ok.

Given a post like luffyzeros and the fact that OP has a pretty defensive fan base and I wouldn't be surprised. It's normal (read tsudemico's comment). Bashing aside, I've even seen a OP bash disregard one of judals comments by saying "HxH4life" in the anime discussion board back when he was new.
CresherhsmFeb 27, 2014 5:40 PM
Feb 27, 2014 5:39 PM
Oct 2013
GuusWayne said:
wubikro said:
GuusWayne said:

But you also think it has surpassed Yu Yu Hakusho in quality which is the point of your thread. It has nothing to do with the number of episodes. Also HxH manga has been ahead of Yu Yu Hakusho for a good while now but more content doesn't mean better quality.

I never stated my opinion one way or the other. I said HxH surpassed YYH in number of episodes, unless you'd like to dispute that.
Feb 27, 2014 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
Cresherhsm said:
I've seen sebrina's posts, she's like that to anyone. I wouldn't call her a huntard. Like I said, besides 1-2 maybe 1-2 people, there aren't any HxH fans who hate on One Piece. Every time a OP thread goes up in flames in the anime forum, it's always a bunch of OP guys vs judals, tsudecimo and Jd. Again, remove the magnifying glass and count how many HxH fans come to mind when you think about people who hate on One Piece. You're right, I may not visit the forum much but I believe I've seen more than enough to have a proper say in things.
Obsessed with HxH, hates all other anime especially other shounens, says HxH is better than all of them, etc, etc. He/she's a huntard. And I wasn't necessarily calling her one in my post that you're responding to, I said the new wave of obnoxious HxH fans is why the word Huntard is becoming more popular.
It's more than just 1 or 2 people, I am not exaggerating at all. In threads especially the ones about shounens I often hear that HxH is the best and that all others suck and are cliche, etc.. And I was talking about HxH fans hating on other series, especially shounens, not just One Piece. So because I can't remember the name to dozens of users who shit talk One Piece and other shounens and praise HxH I have a magnifying glass? That's ridiculous, I don't make it a habit to remember a whole bunch of random users' names that I might not ever see again or really care about their opinion.
I showed you sebrina's post because it was in the first couple of pages of a popular thread. Not saying he/she's the only one. And I don't think you have.

Cresherhsm said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Given a post like luffyzeros and the fact that OP has a pretty defensive fan base and I wouldn't be surprised. It's normal (read tsudemico's comment). Bashing aside, I've even seen a OP bash disregard one of judals comments by saying "HxH4life" in the anime discussion board back when he was new.
Take off your magnifying glass, it was just one person. Not enough to say OP has a defensive fanbase.

And you didn't answer my question. Why would OP fans bash luffyzero? And my point was that you're using something that hasn't happened yet as a defense for someone doing something now. It's ok for him to do it because you think OP fans would do the same. It's a stupid defense.
Feb 27, 2014 6:07 PM
Feb 2012
i like both series , manga and anime . but when it comes to being known for which series , i would say YYH . ill say hunter x hunter best arc vs yuyu hakusho best is hard 2 choose , but overall ill say YYH is the better series
Feb 27, 2014 7:50 PM
Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Obsessed with HxH, hates all other anime especially other shounens, says HxH is better than all of them, etc, etc. He/she's a huntard. And I wasn't necessarily calling her one in my post that you're responding to, I said the new wave of obnoxious HxH fans is why the word Huntard is becoming more popular.

Sebrina was actually the second person I had in mind when I said 1-2 people, though I wouldn't call her a "Huntard". I've seen a few of her posts here and believe me she won't jump and shake the hand of anyone who praises HxH. She just doesn't give two shits about what other people think and just says whatever she wants to say. If she likes an anime she will say so any way she wants to and if she hates an anime she will say so any way she wants to as well. She isn't the type who would join the bandwagon or agree with anything positive another person says about a series she likes. She forms her own opinion about everything, tells it as it is and doesn't mince words. Her posts may come across as obnoxious but that's just the way she writes be it when she's hating on OP and commenting in a HxH episode thread. At least, that's how I see her.

It's more than just 1 or 2 people, I am not exaggerating at all. In threads especially the ones about shounens I often hear that HxH is the best and that all others suck and are cliche, etc.. And I was talking about HxH fans hating on other series, especially shounens, not just One Piece. So because I can't remember the name to dozens of users who shit talk One Piece and other shounens and praise HxH I have a magnifying glass? That's ridiculous, I don't make it a habit to remember a whole bunch of random users' names that I might not ever see again or really care about their opinion. I showed you sebrina's post because it was in the first couple of pages of a popular thread. Not saying he/she's the only one. And I don't think you have.

Okay I just read the whole thread from page 1 and the only HxH fans I've seen who have bashed OP or any other anime for that matter were sebrina8 and judals. And in all the other OP related threads I've seen go up in flames over the past month or so, the only HxH fan I've seen hating on OP was judals. I won't deny that the HxH fan base has an elitist streak but there's a difference between people putting an anime they love on a pedestal and hating on other anime. I've seen a lot of FMA fans who put their series on a pedestal in the same way that HxH fans do but I wouldn't call what they're doing "hating" and the same thing applies to HxH fans.

Take off your magnifying glass, it was just one person. Not enough to say OP has a defensive fanbase...9And you didn't answer my question. Why would OP fans bash luffyzero?

One Piece does have a defensive fan base. I've seen a lot of people who merely stated their dislike about the series or a certain part of it only to be approached by the OP cavalry. In fact just recently, I remember the original poster of a thread being accused by two One Piece fans of having ulterior motives just because he was a HxH and AoT fan. I certainly don't blame you guys though since you have more than your fair share of retarded trolls to deal with but that fact still stands (again, it's completely normal). There was also this thread a while back

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=657935&show=60

Of course, I think the OP is magnifying the problem as well since although I think you guys are defensive most posts I've seen from OP fans are calm and respectful. However, it's proof that these things (OP fans attacking others) have happened. I don't have a single thing against OP but I'm writing this only because you seem to be making the OP fan base out be to be extremely well-mannered while making the HxH fan base out to be a group of rabid fans who hate on other series and that just isn't fair.
CresherhsmFeb 27, 2014 8:11 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
12 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.