3It was OK
3.0%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.7
372 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2007 3:26 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I finally caught up. What a beautiful show and touching concept. Episode 11 featured Renji and Chihiro's date. It was pretty enjoyable to watch.

Also, what does everyone else think about folding your clothes before doing it?
radiantfireDec 17, 2007 8:13 PM
Dec 19, 2007 7:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm always left speechless when an episode of ef ends. Very emotional, funny and sad episode. The date was a lot of fun to watch and from that point on it got really intense until the final scene on the rooftop. Couldn't really believe it when Chihiro ripped out all the pages she wrote and re-read time and time again. Looking forward to the final episode.

radiantfire said:
Also, what does everyone else think about folding your clothes before doing it?
Seemed like a symbol for the way Chihiro was living her life recently to me. Everything was following a sequence (reading the diary for instance, writing down new memories).

Beautiful episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 19, 2007 7:17 PM
Oct 2007
I was torn by the ending.
I felt I should have cried, but then I couldn't really believe it.

God only knows what they will do with 1 more episode, especially when it's titled "Love".
Dec 19, 2007 8:16 PM
Nov 2007
I, too, felt like I should've cried at that ending. It was so unexpected that they'd break up, but I actually understand where she was coming from there. I swear, if they don't end up happy together in the end I might actually cry.
Dec 19, 2007 8:54 PM

Jun 2007
really good episode
chihiro crying after the movie was really cute
that is why CHihiro is my favorite
really sad ending but good stuff as i guessed to finish the chihiro renji it will take at least one episode and a half

really beautiful scene as Chihiro had the moon in the background

cant wait to see how it ends(but sadden that it will end T_T)
Dec 19, 2007 9:13 PM

Nov 2007
Just watched it. Thats pretty much all I can say. This was one of the best, and I mean best, episodes I have seen. I knew something was going to happen, but the way she did it, just blew me away. I believe he will try to get back together with her, but that's my wishful thinking.
Dec 19, 2007 9:22 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, what an ending. With the way her novel ended, I half-expected her to jump off the roof, so I guess there is still some hope left...
Dec 19, 2007 9:53 PM

Jan 2007
*speechless*
Dec 19, 2007 10:35 PM
Nov 2007
bklynrob said:
Wow, what an ending. With the way her novel ended, I half-expected her to jump off the roof, so I guess there is still some hope left...
Yeah, I was thinking that too. And even when they were first on the roof and she was running toward the edge, I kind of expected her to trip and fall off...Am I an evil person?
Dec 19, 2007 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
wow. All these ef episodes really end on a high note. The farewell animation was amazing. I thought she was going to jump off the roof actually. That was quite sad though
Dec 19, 2007 10:59 PM

Nov 2007
After I watched it I couldn't say a thing about it, I was speechless as well. And then I went with 'wow'..

Okay anyways, I loved it! Their date was really cute and this made me like Renji more. As usual the scenes are always superb in Ef. Gotta love their backgrounds and effects. But omgg the ending! It was just sad and dramatic! And Renji and Chihiro happens to be my fave. I kinda expected it though. How it was presented impressed me. One more episode! Gotta have hope! <3

And I also thought she was gonna jump off.
Dec 20, 2007 12:08 AM

May 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*
Dec 20, 2007 12:21 AM

Dec 2007
jus finished watching teh episode and i got chills from it didnt expect that to happen and wen renji read the ending of the story my eyes widened great episode
Dec 20, 2007 12:35 AM

Sep 2007
a great episode wouldnt thought it for ending like this.next tiem the last episode, i wonder if they are making a happy end or no.
Dec 20, 2007 12:54 AM

Jul 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*
Dec 20, 2007 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
Nooooooo! I want happy Chihiro T_T
Dec 20, 2007 2:53 AM

Jun 2007
Kurisu86 said:
bklynrob said:
Yeah, I was thinking that too. And even when they were first on the roof and she was running toward the edge, I kind of expected her to trip and fall off...Am I an evil person?

ya I was like "oh shit, watch them both fall off and have the roles change. She gets her memory back and he loses his" lol.

I don't know if this was a mess up or if it was intentional but did anyone notice what Chihiro said after the part where Renji was looking at the clock and said something like "Shes probably forgotten everything that happened at the beginning of the day at the train station". She said you passed (the trial), didn't you. Wasn't that something they both agreed on at the beginning of the day (You can see her mention the trial for the first time at 4:17) ? How could she remember something like that if she forgot everything at the beginning of the day? It did seem like more of a question, but the very fact that she remember something like that is amazing. This kind of makes me think that her memory has started to expand past the 13 hour barrier. Like I said, not sure if this was a mess up or if it was intentional but that just got my ear when I was watching.

Second, watch her end up getting pregnant later on lol.
Chihiro : Why am I pregnant .....what happend. I cant remember AHhHHH.

PS: updated relasionship chart.
DeathfireDDec 20, 2007 3:53 AM
Dec 20, 2007 3:22 AM

Oct 2007

Wow, ef does it again. It truly is an evolving story, every episode gets better then the previous. Starting in harmony, ending in the perfect drama. I watched this episode in awe, speechless indeed, and with my eyes focused.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Dec 20, 2007 3:46 AM

Mar 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*
Dec 20, 2007 3:58 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*

seroisly.. in the moment where renji read the part, where the girl burned up the paintings and killed herself... i thought that chihiro would do the same... jump from the school building...
oh man.. this gives me some heart attacks...
RifleDec 20, 2007 4:17 AM
Dec 20, 2007 5:12 AM

Apr 2007
What's with the ef girls and doing it after the first kiss?

With that said...

I too, was expecting her to jump from the roof. It would have been a far less painful ending for Renji, really. This episode was my favourite. The love was so strong, but the pain was equiparable. I haven't watched something so emotional before.

Chihiro was... cruel and selfish. Didn't surprise me. But seeing is happening is completely different. She's such a cute, innocent, lovely girl. But then she's selfish and completely lacks sensibility towards the feelings of the others.

I don't know what to expect of next episode. I don't know what I want from next episode. Part of me still wants a happy ending. But the other part can't see anything past the tragedy.

And will Yuko and Yu meet, and share the stories of the two lovers who went through trials and pain and love?
Dec 20, 2007 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
hopefully not a nice boat ending...
Dec 20, 2007 5:37 AM

Apr 2007
That's out of question and I'm tired of the reference myself...
Dec 20, 2007 6:40 AM

Sep 2007
AngelLily said:
What's with the ef girls and doing it after the first kiss?

I thought that too but oh well.

The scene when she threw all her ripped pages into the air was just beautiful.
Dec 20, 2007 7:37 AM

Oct 2007
Kurisu86 said:
bklynrob said:

Same here.

That really was a saddening episode to watch because it started so well with them on their wonderful date and then it changed completely. What will happen with the 2 relationships in the final episode? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2007 9:40 AM

Feb 2007
Whoa... Expected something like this from the moment she gave him the book. Still hoping that they'll end up together, though. I can perfectly well even see Renji collect all the pages he can find, should he need to do it.

And yeah, as some pointed out before me, the fact that she didn't actually jump gives us at least a bit of hope for the next ep.
Dec 20, 2007 9:52 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*

basically same thing here, i'll quote Faust too :P

I cant believe this, why why WHY WHY!!! *really sad*
Dec 20, 2007 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was a truly sad one. Chihiro not wanting to have Renji suffer by repeatedly forgetting him and how they are lovers, decides to erase Renji from her mind and leave him, in the hopes that Renji will give up on her and move on… But Chihiro doesn’t understand that in this situation Renji does not have the luxury of forgetting about her and everything he’s felt for her. The immense pain of his heart and the growing void in his soul from losing the one he loves and knowing that to the one he loves he may no longer exist, is something he will live with forever.

This situation kind of hit close to home with me, and I know first hand the pain of what I posted above... Luckily for me I figured out what was happening and was able to save and exponentially increase the bond between me and my now fiancée.
Dec 20, 2007 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*

Well I was also aftreid thad Chihiro will jump. And I was really moved by this ep. I wonder what Renji will do...
Dec 20, 2007 12:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Whatever he'll do, I hope it involves the rest of the pictures they took together. That'd be nice.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 20, 2007 12:39 PM
Aug 2007
this episode just blew me away....But Im sure Renji will do something about it >_>
Dec 20, 2007 12:52 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*
DeathfireD said:
Second, watch her end up getting pregnant later on lol.
Chihiro : Why am I pregnant .....what happend. I cant remember AHhHHH.

Lol, I had the same thought.

Really, really sad. I didn't really like Renji before (and his hair is *shudder*) but I think I've fallen in love with his character now. He's so sweet and gentle - perfect for Chihiro. He's risen to my favorite character in this show.

I love this. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 20, 2007 2:16 PM

Feb 2007
Hmm... Just realized another thing that gives me hope. The parallels with Miyako - she was afraid she'd be forgotten, while Chihiro is afraid of forgetting Renji. The first problem has been solved, hopefully the other will be too.

Can't forget him when they're always waking up together? ;)
Dec 20, 2007 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not a very big fan of the Chihiro/Rejni story but the ending brought me close to tears. I seriously thought that she would jump off of the rooftop to end it all, but I think she decided to take the easy way out. How can Chihiro completely forgetting about him a happy ending for Renji? Someone you've held, you've touched, so close but beyond your reach, that is too pitiful...

She lost major points as a character by doing that...You just don't decide things without taking into consideration the other person's feelings. Technically she did, but she theorized that her course of action was the best for both parties regardless of what Renji said...All you Renji...

Hope Shaft doesn't mess up episode 12...nothing worse than ruining a story with a bad ending. Need to see some Hirono/MiyaMiya development, some Kei/Kyosuke, and definitely end it with Renji reintroducing himself to Chihiro. If all those things are shown in the next episode, I'll be happy with the ef ending. Himura/Yuuko doesn't need to be shown due to their lack of development...

Anyhoo, this anime was taken from a VN with the name 'a fairly tale of the two.' MiyaMiya and Chihiro jumping in the bed in the first date is plausible due to everything being just a fairy tale, which is not bound by the laws of reality. Well technically the love did develop, but Chihiro and MiyaMiya probably wanted to cement things due to a sense of urgency.

Anyone else notice that Chihiro has a hot body? Once you get pass the eyepatch....wow :O Also, notice how her pantsu weren't shown, is Chihiro going commando under there!? xD

Great episode...now to be disappointed as I watch Myself;Yourself...No way whatever they show will match this episode xD

Dec 20, 2007 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
I was thinking, don't you think that her story would make a really nice picture book. Not for kids, but like a standalone story. Seeing as the animations in this is just that amazing, they would have no prob with an awesome story book. Just my opinion. Also, a lot of people thought she was going to die, but the way i see it, she did. The Chihiro that Renji knew effectively died when she threw away her memories. I thought that it has a stronger impact thank if she had actually died. What do you think?
Dec 20, 2007 4:10 PM

Feb 2007
theegplanthunter said:
Also, a lot of people thought she was going to die, but the way i see it, she did. The Chihiro that Renji knew effectively died when she threw away her memories. I thought that it has a stronger impact thank if she had actually died. What do you think?

I agree. The current Chihiro that we've grown to love died in this episode. Unless something happens in the final episode, and damn I hope something does, I'm not sure if Renji and Chihiro are going to have a happy ending.

The whole episode left me speechless too. But also because my throat is really sore, so I wouldn't want to speak out aloud in the middle of an episode like this.
Dec 20, 2007 4:14 PM

Nov 2007
I'm another one who thought for half the episode she was going to jump off, especially right as she threw the pages into the air. They were like feathers of wings of a now fallen angel.

Or something.

And I don't think sex on concrete is really all that ... comfortable. And did she neatly fold her clothes before, during, or after? What a mood-killer. XD All of Miyako's were tossed on the floor.
Dec 20, 2007 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
wow. this was gripping beyond belief. i was always more interest in the love triangle the renji and chihiro's but this had me holding on to my seat waiting to see what would happen.

i was like wtf, no way, throwing everything away. its insanity. i guess that guy was right when he said renji was the one that would be hurt. i wonder if he knew that this would happen since he has access to her diary every night.
Dec 20, 2007 5:01 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
end it with Renji reintroducing himself to Chihiro.

Thats what I think too. He will probably show up at the train station and find here sitting there and it will start all over again. It would be nice if she still had a small memory of the past him though. I think maybe thats what the "mess up" was that I pointed out before.
Dec 20, 2007 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
PimpToad said:
end it with Renji reintroducing himself to Chihiro.

Thats what I think too. He will probably show up at the train station and find here sitting there and it will start all over again. It would be nice if she still had a small memory of the past him though. I think maybe thats what the "mess up" was that I pointed out before.

Yea i agree that would be nice...
but with only one episode to go, i dont see that happening...
Dec 20, 2007 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
I was reading how everyone thought Chihiro was going to jump off the roof, and I thought why would she do that? She wants Renji to be happy not a suspect for murder lol. Think about it if she would have jumped there would have been an investigation, and Renji would be the prime suspect. Chihiro is not a student so to the authorities, she would have had no reason to be at the school, also she jumped off the roof of the school, which is normally locked, and Renji has a key. Finally an autopsy would show that she had sex before she died, and who was it that had sex with her... Poor Renji would have not only been heartbroken and traumatized but also have to deal with people thinking he killed her.

lol just a random thought.
Dec 20, 2007 6:07 PM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
*speechless*

just because it left me that way after watching it... 10 mins break after that, and i am now revitalized, and ready to have a long speech... not

besides, the episode was really beautiful the whole time, the fact that they were lovers for one day really gave me a hint of what was going to happen. also, the fact that she did say that he couldnt read the story before they went on a date was part of the hint as well. but then again, i didnt really care, i wanted to see what happened instead of just giving myself ideas of something that will probably be wrong. chihiro crying = cute

i also thought she would jump of the roof, i mean, they gave us enough drama, that even she jumping from the roof would have been a good ending. whatever happens to renji and chihiro now, is all up to how they want to end this, one good ending, one normal ending where nothing really happened, and a bad ending, or just two good endings, and one unfinished ending. my guess is that because of the prologue, i am expecting chihiro to show up at the station again, and start her relationship with renji once more.
EDIT: i guess i thought she was going to jump off because of the way she ended her story, and she herself said that the story was about the two.

in any cases, it was a really beautiful episode
Dec 20, 2007 6:33 PM

Jul 2007
The scene were the pages of her diary were thrown into the air was absolutely beautiful, yet heart-breaking at the same time. There was no turning back after that for her.
It is a bit inconsiderate on her part to assume Renji would be fine without her. But what else could she have done? If she continued to lose her memory, Renji would keep getting hurt by her, and may not be able to mentally handle it.
Btw, what's up with everyone having sex so quickly on this show?? xD . . . And in this case on a roof top? Isn't it cold?
I think it would've been a nice but tragic scene if she had jumped off the roof while letting go of all the pages of him in her diary.
I can't wait for the last episode, yet I don't want this anime to end. I hope that we get to see what happened with Renji and Chihiro, also an update with Miya, Hiro, Kei and Kyousuke, but for some reason I don't think it's going to happen.
Dec 20, 2007 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
Kurisu86 said:
bklynrob said:

yes u r a evil person, because i felt the same. i also was sure that she was going to jump after her novel. but good thing she didnt. i love chihiro the best, and the anime would mean nothing if she wasnt there. but she was mean (cute), she can forget it and not worry about it the next day, but he has to bare the pain. i heard my heart crack at that moment.
Dec 20, 2007 10:37 PM
Oct 2007
Wow great episode,

I was worried that chihiro was going to jump, but what she did have comparable drama.

Amazing series, I can't wait for the next episode.

(btw I was worried about emulators attacting when I saw that red moon :o)
Dec 21, 2007 1:08 AM

Apr 2007
*manly tears*

So, sad, so unpredictable, so... aaahhh. Best anime of the season by far.
Dec 21, 2007 3:23 AM

Aug 2007
man, great ep. i thought she was gonna jump off or something, i was really on the edge with this ep. only one more episode :( im sad
Dec 21, 2007 4:23 AM

Oct 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
man, great ep. i thought she was gonna jump off or something, i was really on the edge with this ep. only one more episode :( im sad

I know what you mean, feel the same way!
Dec 21, 2007 4:32 AM

Apr 2007
Anyone watched the prologue? If the last scene of the Prologue is the last scene of ef... I'm going to have mixed feelings.

And if we're going to justify Miyako's actions with the game, well, the game is an -Eroge-. That kind of speaks for itself XD
Dec 21, 2007 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
Wut a sad ending... that's srsly one way I don't wanna be dumped! T_T
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Dec 4, 2007

185 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.