Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2009 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When they were young, there was a typhoon during which the power went out, and Kenji jumped the gap between their houses to comfort a scared Nanami. It was at this time that Nanami showed Kenji that her fish hairpin glowed in the dark. Fast forward to the present, and another typhoon is coming. Kenji and Nanami, who are working in the fields after having returned from their trip, get caught in the storm. Nanami’s stomach started hurting earlier, but she assured Kenji that it was nothing.

At home, Kenji is thinking about giving Nanami the other hairpin when he hears her yell from outside in the rain. He opens the balcony door to see her jumping across the gap. After she begs him, Kenji decides to let her stay for the duration of the typhoon. A lightning strike once again takes out the power, and Nanami jumps on top of Kenji out of fear. But soon after Kenji gets up from the bed, Nanami starts to have stomach pains again, this time much more severe. The telephone lines seem to be out, and Kenji is panicked about what to do. He finally decides to personally pull the horse-cart, with Nanami in it, to the hospital.

The next morning, Nanami’s mother wakes Kenji up in the lobby to tell him that it was a case of appendicitis and that Nanami is ok now. When Kenji goes to Nanami’s room, the first thing he does is hug her. As she recovers, Kenji goes to work out in the fields, re-growing all of the damaged plants. The days go by until Nanami is finally released from the hospital. Kenji fixes up a Nanami-special watermelon and tapes the blue hairpin onto it for her. However, on the way back, the side of the hill gives away, causing a landslide. Kenji spots the gap in the road too late, and goes flying off his motorcycle and bouncing on the concrete. Back at the fields, Nanami arrives looking for him. She spots the hairpin on the watermelon and happily puts it on. But when she calls out for Kenji, he’s nowhere to be found.
Aug 8, 2010 4:16 PM

Nov 2008
ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME?
Jan 15, 2011 12:54 AM
Feb 2010
omfg... I'm so sorry now that I called Kenji a jerk, before... When I saw his reaction when Nanami felt her stomachache, and then his sacriface to carry her to the hospital.. and then when he sits here all night, worrying about her... and when he hug her as he saw her... I thought in that moment.. that... he really loves her... take care of her, and everything... maybe he didn't show it in a very romantic way, but he really loves her. And then when he repaired Nanami's garden, which was destroyed by the storm... she was in the hospital and Kenji was working... when I saw him in her hat... omg... then my eyes filled with tears, really.. he is doing so much for her... and that warm sing, that watermelon on which he put that hat... It was so nice.... But then.... omg...
just I went out of words... It was like... She finally went out of the hospital and he was going to take her... and ... this accident on the road... it was so horrible realistic and..omg.. sad! I'm so sorry for him now, I'm no longer thinking that he is a jerk, no.... he is just shy.. and he is very good... caring... omg I hope he'll be ok...

edit: and this music when Kenji tried to call an ambulance... so full of action...so holding in suspense...
SomeoneLostJan 15, 2011 12:58 AM
Jan 21, 2011 1:08 PM

May 2010
If he's dead i'm going to kill somebody
Mar 13, 2011 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
Wow! Nanami sundenly need to go to the hospital that was the 1. shocked the second was Ken's bike accident. What was that?
Hope he will be ok.
Jul 31, 2012 10:13 PM
Jul 2010
Is it me or during those flashbacks of Nanami at the hospitol, does Kenji recall a scene with her naked? Perhaps while they were at the inn earlier that week.
Dec 23, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
A motorcycle accident ... wtf?!
Jan 23, 2013 5:40 AM

May 2012
Great episode, directly thought when she was holding that area that it was appendicitis, either way that motorcycle accident sure is a twist in events, will he survive or will we see a sad ending? Either way great episode up to the last episode!
May 7, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
I saw that coming from a mile away, and when Kenji was in the hospital having flashbacks of Nanami I don't know if its me or in the last flashback was she not wearing any clothes. Around 16:55.

AversaApr 21, 2014 7:16 AM
Apr 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
Oh shit an accident.. ):

Tayau said:
Is it me or during those flashbacks of Nanami at the hospitol, does Kenji recall a scene with her naked? Perhaps while they were at the inn earlier that week.
EnduringInsanity said:
I saw that coming from a mile away, and when Kenji was in the hospital having flashbacks of Nanami I don't know if its me or in the last flashback was she not wearing any clothes. Around 16:55.

Eh, I went back and double/triple check, how come I couldn't spot them anywhere in the episode? o.O
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2015 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
Lol. Why did he drag the wagon on foot instead of using the bike like before?
That forced drama T_T This show had literally zero drama and now they do this in the 11th ep.
Dec 11, 2015 4:15 PM

Jan 2010
whoa whoa whoa...wtf this episode had more action than the first 8 combined...lol

like holly...whoa...i hope kenji is ok, i'm sorry for calling him a deuchebag also, he's a great guy and he took good care of nanami...it was just such a full of turns episode...

maaan i really hope he is ok

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 8, 2016 10:49 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. They managed to bring in drama without it feeling forced. They definitely pulled it off! With this ep my score bumps up to an 8/10 :)
Apr 8, 2016 11:13 AM

Feb 2013
They are trying to kill me!
First Nanami and now even Ken, I hope that he's ok.
Mar 20, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Welp, the couple is trading blows, first Nanami with her sickness and now Kenji's gone missing....
May 9, 2018 6:15 AM

Nov 2008
My heart can't take this things.

EnduringInsanity said:

This show is based in a hentai game, so 'that' happened at the inn.
May 11, 2019 2:20 PM
Jan 2012
Vagon saving the day again, such a great girl.
Aug 19, 2019 2:39 PM

Jun 2019
This was pretty intense, which I guess is fitting for the penultimate episode. I hope Kenji's okay, he took good care of Nanami and it seems like she's going to return the favor.

Nanami's really cute, she looks a lot younger than Kenji. 😄
May 6, 2022 8:02 AM
Dec 2019
Perhaps you can consider this testament to how abhorrent of a person I am, but I actually laughed at the random explosion in the side of the mountain and the accompanying bizarre physics of the motorcycle crash. This entire episode in general was a complete whiplash in comparison to what came before it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lamune Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

37 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 9, 2022 11:18 AM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 10 Discussion

14 by Pakke »»
May 11, 2019 1:51 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 9 Discussion

9 by Zinle »»
May 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 3 Discussion

9 by KenShiRo-Sama »»
May 5, 2018 8:48 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2008

23 by KenShiRo-Sama »»
May 5, 2018 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.