Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Golden Time Episode 17 Discussion


#1
Feb 6, 2014 10:00 AM
News Team
Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 96974
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find this episode to be pretty in contrast to episode 16. Dat yukata and fireworks <3

The mood was pleasant this episode and I liked that. More bonding between Koko and Chinami too.
 
#2
Feb 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Yanao,i know you must be fall in love Linda

yanaoxlinda not bad♡

next episode...linda ever щ(ಥ益ಥщ)
 
#3
Feb 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 984
I love how Koko is maturing as a person throughout the series. Kinda disappointed shes not going back with Banri for his high school reunion.

I think Chinami has been pretty sad about seeing Mitsuo and Linda together, but was able to have more bonding time with Koko which is awesome.

Seems like Banri's past is really bothering Mitsuo :(
 
#4
Feb 6, 2014 1:13 PM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6920
Koko's growth from the first episodes has been significant. She's not only more stable in her relationship with Banri, even accepting that he go to Shizuoka were Linda is going to be, but she's actually managed to make a friend in Chinami.

Mitsuo seems to be into Linda, but she not so much into him. And does he suspect Linda and Banri's past? It's kind of odd that Banri never confided in him like he did with some of the others. about the accident.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
#5
Feb 6, 2014 1:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 285
Looks like Yana is getting jealous in a way? Seems he wants to snoop around....
 
#6
Feb 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7106
Mitsuo definitely has feelings for Linda. He also seems bothered by the fact that Banri also lives in the same town as Linda. More bonding moments with Koko and Oka.
 
#7
Feb 6, 2014 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 700
It's nice to see both Banri and Koko both accept the past and the present. Very nice relationship development. It seems like Linda is still a little shaken by it though.

To be honest this whole entire time I had the impression that both Mitsuo and 2-D already knew about Banri's past. Was slightly shocked when they didn't even know about the amnesia.
 
#8
Feb 6, 2014 1:25 PM
🍊𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓴𝓪🍊

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12965
Linda got mad with Mitsuo this episode. I think Linda doesn't see Mitsuo as a love interest as she really hasn't shown any love signs. That past episode a while back was more of a casual conversation that Banri, Koko and Chinami saw.

Koko has matured as well. She's no longer the spoiled rich girl but rather acceptive type of person since she's accepting Banri for who he is.

Koko and Chinami time, cute

Raspberry's Wonderland Express 🍓
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up."- Shirogane Lily
𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐊𝐀
𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐎

 
#9
Feb 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2079
Ugh,this episode was kinda lame imo,and Mitsuo starts to annoy me.
More interesting drama for the next one though.
 
Feb 6, 2014 1:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1239
Too dialogue.
 
Feb 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2349
The drama is increasing. I wonder if Mitsuo will get with Chinami or Linda...hmm...

And there will most likely be some conflict at the reunion so wonder wat that will be. Linda better not confess to Banri because that ship has sailed. Second thought, that is highly probable
 
Feb 6, 2014 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6097
Looks like Yana is gunning for Linda-senpai after all. I didn't expect that they would not tell him the truth about Banri. Oh well, he will soon enough probably.
 
Feb 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
I think Mitsuo was interested in Linda which is why everyone saw them talking that time. It appears that he also knows both Banri and Linda have a connection somehow. I can understand his wanting to know, but he may be doing it in the wrong way.

Next episode will be a testament of Banri's love for Koko if Linda does in fact confess. Really this is the most opportune time to do so. Mitsuo might've even pushed her into doing it by talking about Banri being from the same place as her.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 36
This anime makes me nervous whenever I see the episode released.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 133
I really dislike Mitsuo's character. He comes off as weak and insecure to me. I mean, how he handled Koko's obsession in the first place, then how he handled Chinami's rejection, and how he's handling his feelings for Linda atm.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2884
^Yup, Mitsuo's become a humongous prick.


 
Feb 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
I feel bad for Mitsuo atm, he seems to keep getting left out although it is his fault that hes been a bit distant recently. I hope he ends up with Oka.

I have to say the episode was a little disappointing, the first half was a drag and I could care less about the festival club really, but oh well.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 36
Jocko said:
I really dislike Mitsuo's character. He comes off as weak and insecure to me. I mean, how he handled Koko's obsession in the first place, then how he handled Chinami's rejection, and how he's handling his feelings for Linda atm.

AlexTheRiot said:
^Yup, Mitsuo's become a humongous prick.


You seriously have to look at the situation from Mitsuo's perspective. He obviously did NOT like Kaga and from what we know she's been obsessing over him throughout his WHOLE childhood. I seriously don't blame him for treating Kaga this way but it seems that Kaga is starting to mature and that was obvious this episode.

So for the second time in I guess Mitsuo finally has interest in someone and wants to be with them only to find out that Banri and Linda have been hiding something from him although Banri did not confide in Mitsuo. If he knew of Linda and Banri's situation who knows what he would of done. I think he would of kept pursuing Chinami even though she denied him.

Kinda sucks for Mitsuo but it's super obvious that Linda still has feelings for Banri when she's been lying to everyone this whole time.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 520
I was amazed to how much Koko mature in this episode. Another whole episode without ghost banri I have a feeling that he'll show up in episode 18 though.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
Nekogatari said:
Jocko said:
I really dislike Mitsuo's character. He comes off as weak and insecure to me. I mean, how he handled Koko's obsession in the first place, then how he handled Chinami's rejection, and how he's handling his feelings for Linda atm.

AlexTheRiot said:
^Yup, Mitsuo's become a humongous prick.


You seriously have to look at the situation from Mitsuo's perspective. He obviously did NOT like Kaga and from what we know she's been obsessing over him throughout his WHOLE childhood. I seriously don't blame him for treating Kaga this way but it seems that Kaga is starting to mature and that was obvious this episode.

So for the second time in I guess Mitsuo finally has interest in someone and wants to be with them only to find out that Banri and Linda have been hiding something from him although Banri did not confide in Mitsuo.

Kinda sucks for Mitsuo but it's super obvious that Linda still has feelings for Banri when she's been lying to everyone this whole time.

That's true. Again we also must consider that he also hasn't been in a relationship because of Koko's past exploits. This may be the reason as to why he acted like he did with Chinami. Not to say there isn't anything wrong there, but it gives the overall situation more credibility as to why he acted how he did.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 566
RUN! Mitsuo has been possesed by Ghost Banri!!

Seriously, isn't the Phantom making a comeback ?
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2696
Yukataa :D
Oh excellent another episode without that stupid Ghost Banri
Mitsuo becoming suspicious. And his character is becoming worse, for me anyway.
Eh he'll find out what happened etc etc eventually.
Koko amazingly more mature this episode than all the previous ones.
Nice ep.
 
Feb 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 685
I liked this episode, drama has increased and Koko is more mature.
The first half with the festival club wasn't really good but it showed Banri's intentions to know more about his own past and Koko is approving that.
Koko (as always) talking to Chinami like she hates her, it was funny.
And Mitsuo's going to a dead end. First, he was rejected by Chinami and now Linda-senpai is going to do the same, he's not handling well his feelings towards her and it's making things difficult for him. About the other scene, where he asks about Banri's past... He should ask him, maybe Banri doesn't really trust Mitsuo and doesn't want him to know about it.
Nice episode, I'm looking forward to the next one.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
 
Feb 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1159
I feel kind of bad about Mitsuo. He shouldn't be kept in the dark about things. I mean, him and Banri are pretty much best friends right? I see no harm in just telling him Banri fell of the bridge and forgot his memories. I wonder what's gonna happen to him when he finds out that everyone's lied to him.
 
Feb 6, 2014 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1466
Mitsuo WHY U LIKE THIS?

Hes turned into a total douchebag.
 
Feb 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
oh noes. it's the friend who likes to be nosy. lol
 
Feb 6, 2014 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2246
Bandi is going to his hometown for a reunion next episode. I cannot wait to see his reaction to the old faces he forgot.

Great episode!!!
 
Feb 6, 2014 4:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Not the best episode but it was ok...
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Ophis said:
I feel kind of bad about Mitsuo. He shouldn't be kept in the dark about things. I mean, him and Banri are pretty much best friends right? I see no harm in just telling him Banri fell of the bridge and forgot his memories. I wonder what's gonna happen to him when he finds out that everyone's lied to him.


yeah, as friends they're not knowing each other very well.
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
Mitsuo is acting like a creeper now. He sees Linda in a skimpy outfit one time and now he's acting jealous and looking into her past? He jumped the gun way too fast with Chinami too. He doesn't even seem like Banri's friend anymore.

Good job on Kouko handling both Banri going to his reunion with Linda and also not saying anything to Mitsuo.

I'm still wondering what is going on with Linda. First she feels the need to "lie" about where she found out about the accident/hanging out with Mitsuo but at the same time she lies to Mitsuo and doesn't seem interested in him at all.
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
singleturbo said:
Mitsuo is acting like a creeper now. He sees Linda in a skimpy outfit one time and now he's acting jealous and looking into her past? He jumped the gun way too fast with Chinami too. He doesn't even seem like Banri's friend anymore.

Good job on Kouko handling both Banri going to his reunion with Linda and also not saying anything to Mitsuo.

I'm still wondering what is going on with Linda. First she feels the need to "lie" about where she found out about the accident/hanging out with Mitsuo but at the same time she lies to Mitsuo and doesn't seem interested in him at all.

I don't feel she ever liked him. He more than likely asked to talk with her because he developed a crush. Mitsuo found out her and Banri have a past, one that Linda doesn't want to talk about. Therefore Mitsuo goes about trying to find out what their past exactly was.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
I think that Yana had at least as good of a chance as everyone else to get to know Banri's secret but he blew it for himself when he was with Banri in his apartment and showed interest in Linda by asking about her and later on meeting with her personally which everyone from their clique saw. Since Banri still has feelings for Linda he didn't want to get inlovled in their relationship(Yana/Linda). For now the only two people except for Banri who know about this for sure are obviously Linda and Koko. Also I think that when he disclosed the information during the sect meeting he just used it to get their attention(maybe subcionciously he felt that even if everyone thought that it was a story after they ran it would take a load of his chest). So for now the only person who didn't take place in the accident and got to know about it personally from Banri is Koko the girl he loves. As for Yana, he is in a very tight spot. Because of Koko he didn't have any experience in romance, he is on bad terms with his parents, has problems with money, made a bad impression in his new school then he got rejected and now he is under the impression that everyone is leaving him out of the scoope intentionally. I'd say that Yana is the least fortunate person in this group. You also need to understand that Yana thinks of Banri as a good friend and probably he is misunderstanding Banri's true intentions because of what's happening around him(everyone seems to know, Oka's cold demanour towards him and such small incidents), Linda`s secretive behavior everywhere he goes he's just left out of the scoop it seems as if everyone is secretly bonding with others while he stands alone, excluded.
It's like Koko is developing and Yana is going in the opposite direction but I think that this will change.
Modified by shym, Feb 6, 2014 5:36 PM
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1335
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
Kyuutoryuu said:
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.

Yeah I wonder what's with the ending... Koko shouldn't have pushed Banri to face his past or... in order to truly advance this was a necessity.
Modified by shym, Feb 6, 2014 5:45 PM
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
shym said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.

Yeah I wonder what's with the ending...

Is that sarcasm I he...see?
All in all the relationship is crazy in of itself. After all that Banri's been through I don't think any of that will change his mind too much.
Modified by 7thVoid, Feb 6, 2014 5:53 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
7thVoid said:
shym said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.

Yeah I wonder what's with the ending...

Is that sarcasm I he...see?
All in all the relationship is crazy in of itself. After all that Bnari's been through I don't think any of that will change his mind too much.


No sarcasm. I suppose that the two openings and the ending show us everything. I just hope that in the end they can stay friends and Banri and Koko will end up together.
Modified by shym, Feb 6, 2014 5:57 PM
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1171
16:42 kaga x chinami in bed… yuri ftw

--------------
1. Those club members really need to mind their own business. I found that whole scene a waste of time.

2. Linda always brightens the show up as well as chinami.

3. Koko has her good side I guess. But y does she have to be such a bitch/brat/whiny kid? Just drives me crazy.

4. Looking forward to something epic in that reunion.


5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
shym said:
7thVoid said:
shym said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.

Yeah I wonder what's with the ending...

Is that sarcasm I he...see?
All in all the relationship is crazy in of itself. After all that Bnari's been through I don't think any of that will change his mind too much.


No sarcasm. I suppose that the two openings and the ending show us everything. I just hape that in the end they can stay friends and Banri and Koko will end up together.

Nice and easy, I like it. Too bad there has to be Mitsuo drama near the end though. It feels like the creator's using his and Linda's characters to force something to happen.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 5:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
7thVoid said:
shym said:
7thVoid said:
shym said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
Good episode.

I have a prediction for the next episode: during the high school reunion, Banri's classmates will remind him of his past relationship with Linda.

Things will never be the same again between Banri and Koko.

Yeah I wonder what's with the ending...

Is that sarcasm I he...see?
All in all the relationship is crazy in of itself. After all that Bnari's been through I don't think any of that will change his mind too much.


No sarcasm. I suppose that the two openings and the ending show us everything. I just hape that in the end they can stay friends and Banri and Koko will end up together.

Nice and easy, I like it. Too bad there has to be Mitsuo drama near the end though. It feels like the creator's using his and Linda's characters to force something to happen.

I feel sorry for Yana, probably a lot of us was at some point in our lives in his position. And considering that he probably rode a high horse in his high school days this experience must be harder for him to face than your average Joe.
 
Feb 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 196
shym said:
I think that Yana had at least as good of a chance as everyone else to get to know Banri's secret but he blew it for himself when he was with Banri in his apartment and showed interest in Linda by asking about her and later on meeting with her personally which everyone from their clique saw. Since Banri still has feelings for Linda he didn't want to get inlovled in their relationship(Yana/Linda). For now the only two people except for Banri who know about this for sure are obviously Linda and Koko. Also I think that when he disclosed the information during the sect meeting he just used it to get their attention(maybe subcionciously he felt that even if everyone thought that it was a story after they ran it would take a load of his chest). So for now the only person who didn't take place in the accident and got to know about it personally from Banri is Koko the girl he loves. As for Yana, he is in a very tight spot. Because of Koko he didn't have any experience in romance, he is on bad terms with his parents, has problems with money, made a bad impression in his new school then he got rejected and now he is under the impression that everyone is leaving him out of the scoope intentionally. I'd say that Yana is the least fortunate person in this group. You also need to understand that Yana thinks of Banri as a good friend and probably he is misunderstanding Banri's true intentions because of what's happening around him(everyone seems to know, Oka's cold demanour towards him and such small incidents), Linda`s secretive behavior everywhere he goes he's just left out of the scoop it seems as if everyone is secretly bonding with others while he stands alone, excluded.
It's like Koko is developing and Yana is going in the opposite direction but I think that this will change.


This tbh.
 
Feb 6, 2014 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
7thVoid said:

I don't feel she ever liked him. He more than likely asked to talk with her because he developed a crush. Mitsuo found out her and Banri have a past, one that Linda doesn't want to talk about. Therefore Mitsuo goes about trying to find out what their past exactly was.


What I mean is why is Linda acting secretive on both sides? If nothing is going on with Mitsuo, then she doesn't need to be secretive about it with everyone else. If something is going on with Mitsuo why is she so indifferent towards him?

shym said:
I think that Yana had at least as good of a chance as everyone else to get to know Banri's secret but he blew it for himself when he was with Banri in his apartment and showed interest in Linda by asking about her and later on meeting with her personally which everyone from their clique saw. Since Banri still has feelings for Linda he didn't want to get inlovled in their relationship(Yana/Linda). For now the only two people except for Banri who know about this for sure are obviously Linda and Koko. Also I think that when he disclosed the information during the sect meeting he just used it to get their attention(maybe subcionciously he felt that even if everyone thought that it was a story after they ran it would take a load of his chest). So for now the only person who didn't take place in the accident and got to know about it personally from Banri is Koko the girl he loves. As for Yana, he is in a very tight spot. Because of Koko he didn't have any experience in romance, he is on bad terms with his parents, has problems with money, made a bad impression in his new school then he got rejected and now he is under the impression that everyone is leaving him out of the scoope intentionally. I'd say that Yana is the least fortunate person in this group. You also need to understand that Yana thinks of Banri as a good friend and probably he is misunderstanding Banri's true intentions because of what's happening around him(everyone seems to know, Oka's cold demanour towards him and such small incidents), Linda`s secretive behavior everywhere he goes he's just left out of the scoop it seems as if everyone is secretly bonding with others while he stands alone, excluded.
It's like Koko is developing and Yana is going in the opposite direction but I think that this will change.


To be fair Mitsuo was always so into his own stuff that he never really cared about anyone else.

First it was all about Kouko being crazy chasing him around and it was all her fault for his past problems. Yet later we find out Kouko was just in love and was actually pretty self aware of how she was acting. Mitsuo never really set her straight in the past, all he did was run away. Knowing what we know now he was likely partially to blame for letting it get as bad as it did. All it took was for Banri to sit down and listen to her to get her to calm down after all.

Then we have Mitsuo clinging onto to Chinami almost right away. While she did reject his drunken confession done on a dare (how romantic) it's pretty clear she did like him. Did he take the time to figure that out before the confession? Did he talk to he after? No he ran away again, went all emo, and dyed his hair. He still doesn't get Chinami a girl he was supposedly really into, nor has he really settled anything with her.

Next he sees Linda's boobs and is in love again. He's chasing her around now not knowing anything about her. He thinks something is fishy about her and Banri being from the same town and is acting jealous. When 2D-kun mentions Banri's past and how he was probably in a bad accident before, all Mitsuo is interested in is finding out if he has a connection to Linda. The is no "OMG my good friend may have been near death."

So I don't think he cared to learn about Banri, Kouko, or Chinami. Even his digging into Linda's past doesn't seem altruistic at all.

Also 2D-kun noticed Banri has some issues with his past easily.
Modified by singleturbo, Feb 6, 2014 6:51 PM
 
Feb 6, 2014 6:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 18
singleturbo said:
7thVoid said:

I don't feel she ever liked him. He more than likely asked to talk with her because he developed a crush. Mitsuo found out her and Banri have a past, one that Linda doesn't want to talk about. Therefore Mitsuo goes about trying to find out what their past exactly was.


What I mean is why is Linda acting secretive on both sides? If nothing is going on with Mitsuo, then she doesn't need to be secretive about it with everyone else. If something is going on with Mitsuo why is she so indifferent towards him?

shym said:
I think that Yana had at least as good of a chance as everyone else to get to know Banri's secret but he blew it for himself when he was with Banri in his apartment and showed interest in Linda by asking about her and later on meeting with her personally which everyone from their clique saw. Since Banri still has feelings for Linda he didn't want to get inlovled in their relationship(Yana/Linda). For now the only two people except for Banri who know about this for sure are obviously Linda and Koko. Also I think that when he disclosed the information during the sect meeting he just used it to get their attention(maybe subcionciously he felt that even if everyone thought that it was a story after they ran it would take a load of his chest). So for now the only person who didn't take place in the accident and got to know about it personally from Banri is Koko the girl he loves. As for Yana, he is in a very tight spot. Because of Koko he didn't have any experience in romance, he is on bad terms with his parents, has problems with money, made a bad impression in his new school then he got rejected and now he is under the impression that everyone is leaving him out of the scoope intentionally. I'd say that Yana is the least fortunate person in this group. You also need to understand that Yana thinks of Banri as a good friend and probably he is misunderstanding Banri's true intentions because of what's happening around him(everyone seems to know, Oka's cold demanour towards him and such small incidents), Linda`s secretive behavior everywhere he goes he's just left out of the scoop it seems as if everyone is secretly bonding with others while he stands alone, excluded.
It's like Koko is developing and Yana is going in the opposite direction but I think that this will change.


To be fair Mitsuo was always so into his own stuff that he never really cared about anyone else.

First it was all about Kouko being crazy chasing him around and it was all her fault for his past problems. Yet later we find out Kouko was just in love and was actually pretty self aware of how she was acting. Mitsuo never really set her straight in the past, all he did was run away. Knowing what we know now he was likely partially to blame for letting it get as bad as it did. All it took was for Banri to sit down and listen to her to get her to calm down after all.

Then we have Mitsuo clinging onto to Chinami almost right away. While she did reject his drunken confession done on a dare (how romantic) it's pretty clear she did like him. Did he take the time to figure that out before the confession? Did he talk to he after? No he ran away again, went all emo, and dyed his hair. He still doesn't get Chinami a girl he was supposedly really into, nor has he really settled anything with her.

Next he sees Linda's boobs and is in love again. He's chasing her around now not knowing anything about her. He thinks something is fishy about her and Banri being from the same town and is acting jealous. When 2D-kun mentions Banri's past and how he was probably in a bad accident before, all Mitsuo is interested in is finding out if he has a connection to Linda. The is no "OMG my good friend may have been near death."

So I don't think he cared to learn about Banri, Kouko, or Chinami. Even his digging into Linda's past doesn't seem altruistic at all.

Also 2D-kun noticed Banri has some issues with his past easily.


I think that it was well established that Yana acted like he acted with Oka because he had no dating history he's just lost. Maybe it wasnt selfish but just straightforward. Also I think that with the way Koko treaded him she didnt give him a very good chance of dialogue in the first place. As to Linda I remember Yana saying that he is rather interested in cher kind self overall.

Yana just got to know that everyone around him at least heard of the accident in some way but he himself knows nothing, how could he be considerate of something that he even doesent know about? You're like "nah everyone knows about it but I wont ask since Banri wont tell anyone".
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
singleturbo said:

What I mean is why is Linda acting secretive on both sides? If nothing is going on with Mitsuo, then she doesn't need to be secretive about it with everyone else? If something is going on with Mitsuo why is she so indifferent towards him?

Having Banri get the wrong idea about her would be one reason. We all know she likes him still. What were to happen if Mitsuo were to be around her every time she sees Banri? In her eyes this makes getting closer to him more of a problem. Yes she said that she doesn't like him. We all know that's a lie though. I feel she'll finally decide to confess to him one of these episodes. Maybe the next one even. Though It'll be to no avail. She should have done so earlier if she really wanted to stand a chance.

Also, Linda's indifferent towards him because she doesn't want to reciprocate Mitsuo's feelings. As far as I can tell.
Modified by 7thVoid, Feb 6, 2014 7:07 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1371
the climate of this episode was lighter than the last
Kouko this safer each time your relationship with Banri
Mitsuo this but now curious about the past of Banri, he is clearly interested by Linda
Mitsuo may think of the past of Linda and Banri can interfere in your relationship, even knowing nothing
every week I'm thinking about what's to come, and what twists may occur in history
hopefully it gets more and more interesting
___________

o clima deste episodio foi mais leve que o ultimo
Kouko esta cada vez mais segura do seu relacionamento com Banri
mas agora Mitsuo esta curioso sobre o passado de Banri, ele esta claramente interessado por Linda
talvez Mitsuo ache que o passado de Banri com Linda possa interferir no seu relacionamento, mesmo não sabendo de nada
a cada semana fico pensando no que esta por vir, e quais reviravoltas podem ocorrem na historia
tomare que fique cada vez mais interessante
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 759
love koko in this ep :)
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2499
Something is going to happen soon.I can feel it.
Also Mitsuo started to annoy me bit.He went for Linda just because Oka rejected him? i dont really get it, does he still love Oka but hes a coward so instead of fighting for her, he finds different girl? if Linda rejects him, will he simply go for yet another girl?...
Linda deserves to be all alone tbh, or with 2D.
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1464
I think Koko development is happening a little to rapid though it's good but I don't think anyone could really saw you would feel comfortable in that situation atleast I know I wouldn't. Though it only goes to show how much she loves him I suppose.
I hope she isn't faking this to make Banri happy because it kinda comes across that way.

I do wonder if ghost banri will show up next episode.
 
Feb 6, 2014 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 841
iNeon said:
I think Koko development is happening a little to rapid though it's good but I don't think anyone could really saw you would feel comfortable in that situation atleast I know I wouldn't. Though it only goes to show how much she loves him I suppose.
I hope she isn't faking this to make Banri happy because it kinda comes across that way.

I do wonder if ghost banri will show up next episode.

If he shows up when Linda meets up with Banri shit will go down hill fast. Hopefully this time he takes a backseat.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
 
Feb 6, 2014 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6179
Mitsuo seemed like he disliked that Linda lived in the same town as Banri. Mitsuo finally knew about Banri's past.
 
Feb 6, 2014 8:49 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 66
Unsettling end. Got me all shaken and nervous about the impending drama.
 
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »